It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, What the hell is going on?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos your research is most wonderfull and your inputs!

I second that!!
Who else but internos can dig all this up? And thanks to him for providing that viewer too!

Great find GUNSINWAR! Wonder what's inside that huge 'door'?
S & F!

Where the so called 'geyser' is concerned, I tend to disagree with Jo Skipper. This is nothing but a dust devil, not a water spout/geyser, for Chrissake!!

Cheers!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It seems like either humans or Aliens have been occupying that planet for quite a while. haha No one really needs to ask if they're living creatures on any planet. What else would be on a planet, beside living inhabitants?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos your research is most wonderfull and your inputs!

I second that!!
Who else but internos can dig all this up? And thanks to him for providing that viewer too!

Great find GUNSINWAR! Wonder what's inside that huge 'door'?
S & F!

Where the so called 'geyser' is concerned, I tend to disagree with Jo Skipper. This is nothing but a dust devil, not a water spout/geyser, for Chrissake!!

Cheers!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by mikesingh]

This "dustdevil" doesn't leave a trail through the dunes like the other one offered up in a previous post. The surface area around the geyser area should be defined I think unless it is a geyser that is not regular so the dunes cover signs of it up.

Have sand worm exhalations been ruled out yet?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

[anybody got a penny?

I see a rock of the same relative thickness as the layers in the surrounding rocks. These rocks do not appear to break in straight lines so I think the "coin" is nothing but a rock buried with a round part exposed. If there is an inscription or anything else on the coin to give that idea more credence I would love to see it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't know about aliens ancient or real on Mars but I do think that if any kind of life exists it is under the surface of the planet. Mars seems to me to be a planet of mountains and deserts. As such the existence of openings should be everywhere. The first pic looks like the opening of a cave to me more than some super doorway to Mars underworld! I believe the search for openings like these would be more interesting than turning rocks into alien figures, faces and whatnot.

This came across the web today. Any way you guys can magnify and analyze these 3-D photos?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Now here is some real interesting pictures....

THESE are AWESOME! Whether they are intelligently made or not I can't think of similar occurances on Earth so that makes them unique to my mind.
My observations: They appear to emerge from the surrounding "sand" dunes at the crest of the dune.
They do not appear to be made of the same form of material as the dune.

My wild idea: These are sand dunes and what you are seeing is glass formed from electrical processes or a massive lightning strike. The lighting fused the shell of a dune from the past and the present day sand forms dunes around it exposing and eroding it through time.

Other things the stuff emerging from the dunes looks like:
trees or other unknown plants
rusty and corroding metal
art?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Great pictures, seen the door and the 'figures' in the sand before, but the coin is a new one, star and flag

When I first saw the dune images, they reminded me of plants, something like a cactus, although one of them looks too much like a guy, arms raised, cursing the sky lol. You never know!!

I admit some detail to the 'coin' would be nice, but I couldn't see the 'rock' that was one of the explanations, although that doesn't mean it isn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

This "dustdevil" doesn't leave a trail through the dunes like the other one offered up in a previous post. The surface area around the geyser area should be defined I think unless it is a geyser that is not regular so the dunes cover signs of it up.
Have sand worm exhalations been ruled out yet?

Hi, stikkinikki:

i'm a little surprised by your post.
Anyway, i've provided, for comparisons purposes, a crop from PSP_004285_1375 , in which the dust devil does NOT leave a trail.

Comparison between M03-01869 (OP) and
Dust Devil East of Hellas Planitia (PSP_004285_1375)

I have a question for you:
What trail is supposed to leave a dust devil on a rock soil?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Nice find GUNSINWAR...

I just love it..

Regarding your sig... You from SA?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I have a question for you:
What trail is supposed to leave a dust devil on a rock soil?

Or better yet, what kind of massive water geyser can erupt hundreds of feet over sand and rock, yet not leave any kind of splash marks on the very dry ground below it?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
What's going on? It's simple. People want there to be life on Mars, so they read into pictures and "see" things they want to, not things that actually make any sense. The logical explanations are instantly discarded and replaced with fanciful, baseless assertions that fit into the "ancient civilisation" notions. Without any evidence.

While this may usually be the case. What is the logical explanation for the doorway picture?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They are definitely interesting find credit is due to whom found them.

...wonders when Microsoft Virtual Mars or Google Mars will be available?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Great pics
I seem to think that there have to been life there at sometime due to all the anomilies. good job

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
amazing pictures.

makes me wonder if the one with the coin could just be a sloppy fake photograph made on earth as opposed to alien currency or somethng of that ilk? Someone could have been shovelling rocks/dust/dirt onto a fake landscape for a photo and by accident a coin landed there which no one notices??

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Got to point out the mesa in the `doorway` pic is the cross-section of an airfoil- an aircraft wing.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Chakotay]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
For the person who wanted further detailing on that "Coin" here is what i saw and outlined in Paint.

Its hard to see because of the pixilazation at that resolution, but it struck me that it looked like a vague face on the side of the coin.

Oh, and rocks would not break like that naturally. You would not see all other rocks in the area broken in regular if jagged lines, and then have a randomly perfect half-circle broken in only one spot. That isn't natural, and i challenge you to find me an example on Terra where a single half circle is located in a field of jagged straight lines.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Earth isn't the only planet with caves ya know..

Not that I'm siding with dave or anything, i found the coin picture amazing along with the picture of the black objects on the sand dune. A star and flag for the OP.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's another interesting picture from the same site.

any thoughts on this one? looks very well defined....almost too well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm am faaaar from an expert when it comes to combing through photos like this. I equate it to lying on your back on a beautiful day and staring at the clouds. My six year old son see's a monkey and I see a cloud...

For me these Martian photos are like looking at the clouds, with one exception. The "door" at the base of that mesa appears to have been added. It just appears too perfect and black compared to the rest of the photo.

I would be interested to know what Ritzmann thinks, but I understand he no longer helps on the threads.

At any rate, good find OP. Have a star and a flag on me!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The coin thing may actually be a coin, but not from mars, from earth, maybe an engineer put a coin on the device purposefully or on accident (he could have been looking through his pockets for change cause he was about to go to the vending machine to buy some "Spicy, Sweet, ChiliChese Flavored Doritos"). Or it could just be a piece that fell off the lander/rover gizmo.

As for them trees or plants or whatever they are, gee wiz, that's pretty interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join