It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, What the hell is going on?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There is a strange door-like structure at the base of the mountain formation from a NASA image of Mars that is causing a stir. The first person to notice it wasn’t a NASA scientist, however, but rather a Russian reader of the portal R&D.Cnews, Alexander Novgorodov. Taking acloser look at an image taken by the spacecraft Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, he noticed an unusual morphology, which looks strikingly like a manmade doorway.
The unusual teardrop mountain formation, which likely resulted from some sort of weathering,

Does the many parallel elevated ridge forms clearly seen surrounding this object look like sand dunes to you or terrain topography surface that might support a dust devil? What you are really looking at is a huge stationary water geyser and its tremendous height is casting a faint shadow to its left. However, it should be noted that this ridge form evidence looks to me like it has been artificially coated with applications designed to give it a merged together look. As a result, natural top reflectivity and bottom shadow has been subdued and so the ridge form detail is too uniform and therefore not entirely trustworthy. The geyser itself has been left out of thistampering but its shadow has been partially subdued by the tampering applications on the
ridge forms.

Know here is some real interesting pictures....

anybody got a penny?

This really strange, every day more and more evidance of bizarre life or structures are presented.
Judge for yourself enjoy!

Great thanks to J.P Skipper for his great work.Visit his site at www.marsanomalyresearch.com

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Great find. I love seeing the images from Mars

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well if the object is approximately 200m long...its a big door.

Its funny though with all the possible "door" photo's that the doors always seem to be open. I suppose if it is an ancient building though, decay and erosion would explain that.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

True! if only we could get the rover to move to that door!
Thanks QBSneak000

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Nice Pix GIW!

I really like those sand dunes. Kind of looks like people/beings in a ritualized pose. Perhaps they are all out there praying for a mass UFO fly over? LOL!

Not too sure about the door images. It only looks vaguely rectangular.

My fave is the geysers! I remember many years ago when NASA denied this kind of stuff could happen!

An S&F from me!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
That coin thing is really mind blowing!!

Its really important that folks look over "all" pictures that NASA dishes out!!

Some of the people know that there is stuff out there.

But, alot of us will not be told.

I think most folks know this.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Fascinating. Spock style. There is much to these anomalies. That is my observances anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
For those interested in the "door"

The area is Arabia Terra
Here are the links to the source image:

In order to see it in a better resolution, you should open it in IAS Viewer 3.1:

Try clicking here

25 cm per pixel (kindly provided by ArMaP )

Ed: GUNSINWAR, thanks for sharing

[edit on 7/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Flagged.
Wow very good post! I like the coin and the door. What the heck are those little black things?

I also wonder if NASA puts little things in the photos as disinfo?

Oh as a artist, i did my interpretation painting of what is in those black holes on Mars...
;P

Originally posted by Optix
Creatures of Mars come up to watch the Earthlings blow up their own Planet.

i179.photobucket.com...

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Optix]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos your research is most wonderfull and your inputs!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
About the second one,

MOC narrow-angle image M03-01869
Stratigraphy traverse of layered units in Melas Chasma
See image here

I disagree with the explanation provided by marsanomalyresearch.
I don't see why they claim it being a geyser rather than an already well know phenomenon, like a Dust Devil:

Images for comparison:

Dust Devils at Gusev, Sol 525

I wonder why did they jumped to the conclusion that it's a geyser

[edit on 7/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

WoW
some nice pics Internos! I think they use it because they believe in the existance of water on Mars.

Here is some info for other ATS members what a Dust devil is!

Dust devils form when hot air near the surface rises quickly through a small pocket of cooler low pressure air above it. If conditions are just right, the air may begin to rotate. As the air rises suddenly, the column of hot air is stretched vertically causing intensification of the spinning effect by the scientific principle conservation of angular momentum. The secondary flow in the dust devil causes other hot air to speed horizontally inward to the bottom of the newly-forming vortex. As more hot air rushes in toward the developing vortex to replace the air that is rising, the spinning effect becomes further intensified and self-sustaining. A dust devil, fully formed, is a funnel-like chimney through which hot air moves, both upwards and in a circle. As the hot air rises it cools, loses its buoyancy and eventually ceases to rise. As it rises it displaces air which descends outside the core of the vortex. This cool air returning acts as a balance against the spinning hot air outer wall and keeps the system stable.

Read more here
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18/01/2008 by GUNSINWAR]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
HERE IS SOME DUST DEVIL IMAGES:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Optix

[offtopic]
Optix, i was looking at your gallery

You're an artist, mate

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What's going on? It's simple. People want there to be life on Mars, so they read into pictures and "see" things they want to, not things that actually make any sense. The logical explanations are instantly discarded and replaced with fanciful, baseless assertions that fit into the "ancient civilisation" notions. Without any evidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Great pix! I have never seen the one with the coin.....fascinating.There is some very unusual things on mars,but I guess you would expect that being another planet. Perhaps the door is to the Martian seed vault.
I guess it didn't work out for them since the door is open. hehe

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
great find!

i find the doorway picture just fascinating.

perhaps it leads to a martian bar...

all kidding aside though, this could be the smoking gun everyone was looking for as far as life on mars is concerned.

as for the coin pictures, just weird. but again it could be remnants of a society that is long gone. reminded me of a pompei exhibit i saw years ago, as the archaeologists dug up several artifacts, among them currency.

from me!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
One word "wow" and the coin is mind blowing.

There is more to mars then meets the eye.
USA wants to go first so they can claim the find of the century.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The first photo looks like an ancient tomb? Anyone else agree?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
What's going on? It's simple. People want there to be life on Mars, so they read into pictures and "see" things they want to, not things that actually make any sense. The logical explanations are instantly discarded and replaced with fanciful, baseless assertions that fit into the "ancient civilisation" notions. Without any evidence.

Well why don't you say what you think it is then in stead of giving an easy answer while dismissing that what is in front of your eyes.

Nature doesn't make coin shaped objects and rectangular door like openings like this one. The coin can be from the rover but if its not you tel me what it is then?

I am sceptic of pictures and for 95% of them I dont see what others think they see but this one like the dome on mars make's me wonder.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join