It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, What the hell is going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very cool stuff. We live in a day and age where we will be experiencing many new discoveries. The sad part is that the government wants us to only believe what they tell us and will continue to make these discoveries top secret. Therefore, we will probably never know what the true reality of these pictures actually are. More and more of us are seeing through the wool. Soon there will be more questions than the government has answers. To think that we are the only forms of intelligent life in the universe is a joke. I honestly believe that there is more known already that is being surpressed by the powerful individuals that run our government. They operate on a motto of "whatever they don't know, won't hurt them".
To some people ignorance is bliss. Don't ever stop questioning that which you do not understand.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

I might agree with you if it was a normal entrance and not a rectangular one. Has anyone seen anything comparable on earth.

99 times out of 100 the pictures posted on here are complete rubbish where the OP is seeing things that clearly arent there. This is the one where there definitely is an anomaly. I just dont know what it is so Im leaving my opinion open.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Images for comparison:

[edit on 7/4/2008 by internos]

There's the dust devil with a trail. I can see dust devils not leaving a trail but the one above appears to have marked the surface.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"coin" from different angle:

sure looks diffrent

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Great pictures! Do you have a link to the page where the original of the 'coin' photo is displayed......I tried several searches, but have not found the same photo....Thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Raw images here

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by itisibrian

Can the "people on dunes"picture be verified....usualy when someone on here or anywhere else for that matter puts "Mars pics"up I can tell that ts nothing or something natrual(I do know a bit about planetary climates and geology,I am in astronomy in college)but this one(besides the geysor(I think is a dust devil) is good,the people on the dune really freaked me out,when the OP first put the pic up he made no mentin of people or plants,I looked at them for a second and just got shivers and said wow..........I do not know what those are,possibly lifeforms?Possibly ancient arcitecture(sp?) surfacing,maybe plants,maybe like someone said crystals....I ask can the pic be verified because it looks almost to good to be true,also the dunes look to "perfect",I could understand that if Mars had no atmosphere lke our moon,but it does have an atmosphere which means high winds and weathering due to winds.

Now for the "doorway" that has to be HUGE,how big would anyone care to guess?To be seen from space in a orbiting spacecraft I would guess pretty big,could it maybe be a trick of light and shadows?I really try to give credit to our governments and hope they dnt think we are that stupid not to realize these "anomolies"

Anyone wana go to Mars??

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is what I would call a "clever"trick of light and shadow:

See the Lion?Or whatever animal you like.
[edit on 4/7/2008 by jkrog08]

[edit on 4/7/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

clearly AREN'T there????? Please explain in a little bit more detail about the 'coin' pic since what I see is directly from the orbiter!!!! Doesn't take to much knowledge to know that natural earth conditions do NOT make perfect circles out of rock (if that what the coin is made of) over time. WHY? Anyone with common sense SHOULD know why? Just have to think about it for about 2 secs!

+I hate opinions of people that just say anything to get a rise out of genuine people asking real questions!!! Maybe that's why they're here. I see this most since from posters that don't really take a VERY hard look at what they're looking at...if at all!

So, for those that post on here giving they 'opinions' off the cuff.. provide some sort of back up of science of HOW such phenomena can actually be form as in the coin picture...

/rant off

OP.. AWESOME POST!!!!!! S/F for ya !!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by Flyer

clearly AREN'T there????? Please explain in a little bit more detail about the 'coin' pic since what I see is directly from the orbiter!!!! Doesn't take to much knowledge to know that natural earth conditions do NOT make perfect circles out of rock (if that what the coin is made of) over time. WHY? Anyone with common sense SHOULD know why? Just have to think about it for about 2 secs!

Did you actually read what I wrote? It seems not, read again and comprehend before spouting off.

"99 times out of 100 the pictures posted on here are complete rubbish where the OP is seeing things that clearly arent there. This is the one where there definitely is an anomaly."

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
And what is this?Looks awfully familar to the "moon"UFO in the craters.(Sorry for the text in the pic,but I didnt want to look around for a pic w/o it)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thousand

Or better yet, what kind of massive water geyser can erupt hundreds of feet over sand and rock, yet not leave any kind of splash marks on the very dry ground below it?

Well, if i remember correctly now, and i could be wrong (but that never happens so...)
Water when it goes into Mars atmosphere change it's state and become a gas.

One of the reasons we do not see any oceans on Mars

But there could be other liquids on Mars, oil and other stuff

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Also has this been debunked yet?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Not sure I understand what you mean? Did you want me to try to see if there is actually an official original picture on NASA website that has those 'sand people' or trees or whatever?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thats nothing more than humans trying to see shapes in random images. Like seeing things in cloud formations.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm sure if there are natural phenomena on earth like these

it wouldn't be all that far-fetched for something similar to occur on Mars.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Would that not just be funny as hell if another country like Russia or China sent up some kind of rocket that explodes low to mars ground and spreads coins, pottery, and such....When we finally got to mars it would take us 20 years to figure out what the hell was going on.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I love the "door" picture. that really does raise my eyebrow in a Mr Spock sort of way !! And as Spock would say logically the dust devil and coin images would natural events/trick of the light. The sand dune "trees" would however merit further investigation.

Anyone got a tricorder i could borrow?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

I think to say thats a water gyser is highly suggestive, it's probably more than likely one of the huge sand twisters they experience there quite often...Until we land and step foot upon the red planet id say everything you see in those satellite pictures is heresay

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by itisibrian

Yea do you have an OFFICIAL NASA pic of the "sand people"???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join