It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable Debris

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
The boost is coming from the RCS on the nose of the shuttle, left of the frame, not from the main engine. All the small particles are blown to the right just after that. Sorry I don't see anything mysterious about that. If the light was seen on the right I would be the first to say there is something wrong about it.

Wrong, if the direction change was from a booster then the "debris" would have made an instant direction change and also would have accelerated. Neither of which occurred.

The direction change was a gradual curve and the "debris" did not accelerate.

Maybe I'm wrong but your explanation does not fit what I see happening on the vid.

-Alien-

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just a reminder the specific "debris" I am talking about is the one in the third vid coming from the bottom in the center of the frame at 7.5 seconds.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I’m more concerned with the last two vids, they reveal much more startling evidence of something other then debris then the other 3 vids…..what I’m trying to figure out now is how someone can be in denial of these things…..

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Hi andre! The first two vids have been discussed in detail on ATS earlier. After hearing all the arguments, for and against, no conclusion was arrived at, though I'm pretty sure that those objects could not have been ice/dust particles.

However, the third vid (above) is very interesting! I haven't seen this one before. The objects are clearly pulsating and disappear into the distance! Ice/dust particles don't display these properties. So do we have the smoking gun here? Perhaps!!

The third vid was a good find! A star for you!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
this is amazing i didn't know debris/ice particles could turn at will

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Dark_Ace]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Wow, when I first saw that thing totally move another direction, I felt my heart beat hard, wow.

If that's real footage, then it is VERY interesting.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

yeah i copied it from the first page of this thread

its gona take along time for people to expose this if it is fake

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You guys are so gullible. Nothing extraordinary there, really.

After the initial flash at 1:23 the RCS thruster is on. It blows ice particles to the right. What happens when a rocket engine blows ice particles? They melt. In space ice directly transforms into vapor, so they disappear.

Read this if you want to learn something. Or if you don't, dream on.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It's not fake - the footage is real. The only question is what it actually is, all we can do is speculate.

However, many can't handle some of the possibilities, so they desperately attempt to fool themselves for their own comfort. There is enough references to judge distance and these distances are far too great to be any ice crystals, at least most of them.

Sometimes when faced with such radical changes in our beliefs, it's easier to go to sleep. When enough of us stay awake to fight for the truth, it will materialize.

Though I see more debris/ice crystals likely in the one mikesingh posted - that's really part of the problem some of them are debris. There is one object that appears to be a candidate, but the rest look like someone flushed a toilet at 17,500 mph. Maybe mikes posting crystal footages to mislead us - then again maybe not.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Something I might as well point out…..it would not be safe to put craft into space if a piece of rock or in this case an ice participle just a few millimeters across was traveling in the opposite direction of the shuttle, it would rip through the entire structure of the shuttle and cause a fatal accident.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Yes, that is one of the valid arguments. If there was that much debris up there we'd be loosing more shuttles & satellites.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The debris we see on the videos all come from the shuttle. Their speed is very slow, relative to the shuttle. And small debris don't stay a long time in low earth orbit. Another factor to consider is they are all moving eastward at pretty much the same speed, so that makes them less dangerous to later missions.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The debris we see on the videos all come from the shuttle. Their speed is very slow, relative to the shuttle.

While there is some debris coming off the shuttle, all the objects in the videos are not debris. Clearly some of these objects are too far away from the shuttle to have anything to do with it.

And small debris don't stay a long time in low earth orbit. Another factor to consider is they are all moving eastward at pretty much the same speed, so that makes them less dangerous to later missions.

Your kidding right? Any debris coming off the shuttle, are tiny ice crystals and and wouldn't be a threat to any later missions anyway and they probably dissipate before the shuttle even lands.

There's no doubt some of these are crystals, but not the huge ones (near shuttle size & larger) closer to the earth miles away from the shuttle. Just because they are similar size in the camera lens or your viewing screen doesn't mean they're all ice crystals. Try looking at a mountain or large object from a few miles away - then put your finger out in front of you till it is blocked. Does that mean your finger is as big as the mountain - it obviously doesn't.

Though some of the crystals can & do appear like they're father away as in optical illusions, its clear enough to me that the behavior of some are different and I can discern the differences between the illusions and those in completely different areas & different trajectory's. I realize looking at a flat screen is sometimes more difficult for some than others, but then you have the option of buying some higher quality versions.

Of course half this stuff posted here is of poorer quality compared to the better versions I have to look at. As I suggested in several other posts go get the better copy's of the material in question before you make conclusions based on the poor resolution videos on the internet.

There is a difference, as the ones your seeing on the internet are copy's of copy's of copy's and each time copied, bits of information is lost and artifacts grow from compression & whatnot.

Once you have a chance to see the clearer copies of these videos and then couple them with the internet versions with overlays of real time video over the static time video showing trajectory's you will begin to realize what is, is.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Read again what I wrote... I agree with everything you said. No kidding.

Everything is an UFO until you learn to recognize small ice particles, big debris, lightning in the atmosphere, meteors, etc.

A meteoric explosion seen from Endeavour:

From Jeff Challender's Project PROVE web site.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

So how do you account for the ‘debris’ or ‘ice particles’ that have the same circler shape with a hole in the middle, a strange pulsating glow and a cut on the edge? Can you seriously believe they originally came from the shuttle?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Although the question was not directed to me, I will offer my answer.

Those "disks" have that look because they are out of focus.

If you have access to a camcorder with a large zoom, even a digital zoom, you can make an experiment to see how a small out of focus light looks using that camera.

That is why I think we should be careful not to put all UFOs that appear on NASA videos on the same "bag", identifying one does not mean that we have identified them all.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You seem to know your stuff, could then you please explain the anomalies in this vid

3:25
4:15
4:50 - large object appears to have completely stopped while other objects are still moving.
5:36
6:21

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You guys are so gullible. Nothing extraordinary there, really.
Read this if you want to learn something. Or if you don't, dream on.

Nothing extraordinary? Perhaps! But if I were you, I wouldn't want to paint ALL the explanations with the same brush. It's true that most of the stuff we see flying out in space could be due to insulation flakes from inside the payload bay, the six RCS and vernier jets, an air dump line, a waste water dump line, a supply water dump line, fuel cell flash evaporators, a water spray boiler, and so on!

But all that cannot explain what was seen in the UV spectrum during the STS 75 Tether Incident. Why couldn't those 'dust/ice particles' be seen in the vis spectrum? And then some were photographed moving BEHIND the tether, 12 miles away! That must've been one huge ice ball more than half a mile in diameter that emanated from the Shuttle! Lol!

And don't get carried away by mundane explanations that those objects were actually not behind the tether and only looked so due to the greater light intensity of the tether. In other words, the tether shone through from behind the 'ice particles', making it look like it was in front! I wonder what the inter se refractive index is for a tether and a dust particle and that too under UV light?

Dust/ice particles? Perhaps. UFOs? Maybe! I'd lean on the latter!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Dear mikesingh,
Most of the issues have already been discussed many times. The transparent, notched disk is typical of small out of focus ice crystal close to the camera. I would appreciate your comments on recent posts in the lengthy STS-75 thread. I'm a latecomer, involved only since page 9. Take a look, it's really worth the trouble.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok im sorry if this vid has all ready been posted, but im at work and my pc doesnt have video codecs. width="425" height="355"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/g9AFs67Xjes&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

This video shows an object seem to appear from over the horizon and then you see a bright flash from the left side of the screen and the object makes a 180 degree turn and accelerates away at what seems to be a high rate of speed. At the same time, you see some kind of projectile shoot up from within our atmosphere. There are other vids of this youtube + the original. If this object was really that far away, do you know how Gs this thing is experience? i bet its a lot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join