It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable Debris

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, there's one extraordinary thing to me. It's the first video where it appears as if someone is attempting to shoot down a "UFO". I still don't understand that one. I mean, there's more than one strange thing happening within a few seconds. Why would the thruster being fired cause something to shoot up? I kinda understand the thrust pushing the first object away, but why does that 2nd object come flying up at amazing speeds.... through just about the exact spot where the other object was seconds earlier?

[edit on 2-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
You guys are so gullible. Nothing extraordinary there, really.

After the initial flash at 1:23 the RCS thruster is on. It blows ice particles to the right. What happens when a rocket engine blows ice particles? They melt. In space ice directly transforms into vapor, so they disappear.

Read this if you want to learn something. Or if you don't, dream on.

Well, not everyone agrees with James Oberg's analysis on this incident.

Here is a so called debunking of the debunker!

But ofcourse we can all dream on....

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My main point of this thread was to settle what they are but all that’s happened is “possible ice particles” c-mon, ice particles crash into each other every so often, these debris are bound to collide with each other at some point – but not once does a single debris collide, not one…… I call that more of a miracle then anything else.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
if theres one thing ill never figure out is where the ice particles come from can some one fill me in?

(excuse my ignoranse for not knowing i never knew it to be normal for ice to be in space)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Quoted from the STS-48 video debunking article:

There are more than 50 sources of ice on the shuttle, plus a steady source of debris such as insulation flakes from inside the payload bay. This includes 38 primary RCS jets and 6 vernier jets (which burn the hypergolic [self-igniting] propellants of nitrogen tetroxide and hydrazine), an air dump line, a waste water dump line, a supply water dump line, two fuel cell purge lines (the hydrogen one is always leaking water), two flash evaporators, a water spray boiler, and so forth. No surprise, then, that floating debris near the shuttle is a common sight.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

The tether is 12 miles long, using the length of the tether to measure the diameter of the debris moving behind it – it seems to be about a 7th of the length of the tether (2-3 miles in diameter) – and don’t forget the tether is 77 miles away - that’s one big ass ice particle….

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by mikesingh

Dear mikesingh,
Most of the issues have already been discussed many times. The transparent, notched disk is typical of small out of focus ice crystal close to the camera. I would appreciate your comments on recent posts in the lengthy STS-75 thread. I'm a latecomer, involved only since page 9. Take a look, it's really worth the trouble.

Oh yeah nablator, I've read that thread quite some time ago. The conclusion was that there is no conclusion thus far!!

Having said that, take a look at this NASA control Room scene. On screen num 2, a huge greenish object floats by from right to left. Is it an ice particle? The three smaller objects toward the right may be, but this object which resembles those seen in the Tether Incident doesn’t seem like an ice/dust particle! And it’s big! And GREEN!!

The vid is here….

Secondly, in the thread you had mentioned, it’s amusing to note that no one explained the fact as to why those objects were seen only in the near UV spectrum! Dust or ice particles are visible to the naked eye as they are in the vis spectrum.

Well, the jury is still out on this one – I mean the Tether Incident!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Nice green blob. maybe it's an alien spacecraft. No idea. Is it really green? We don't know, there is no color reference on the video (like a white part of the shuttle). The moon is yellow or green too in some NASA images. Just a badly calibrated camera or display. I'm not denying that strange things happen. But everything is not an alien spaceship either.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Oh yeah nablator, I've read that thread quite some time ago. The conclusion was that there is no conclusion thus far!!

Then you haven't read at least pages 9-14, arguments by Armap, waveguide3 and others. There is no evidence whatsoever that UFOs were passing behind the tether. On the contrary parallax measurements are conclusive evidence of very small particles in front of the camera, way out of focus.

It's easy to say "alien spaceship". Why not refute mundane explanations first? I'm not denying the possibility of alien spaceships, mind you. Some very good cases have been compiled by people studying NASA videos extensively. But STS-48 and STS-75 are definitely not the best cases of UFO close encounters with NASA vehicles. Seeing ice crystals promoted to mystical vortex or galactic clocks or whatever pseudo-researchers like David Sereda call them is a disgrace to ufology.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Enough....these vids should just about obliterate any thoughts of these things being anything other then intelligent controlled objects… I give you the smoking guns

[edit on 3-4-2008 by andre18]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It's not really a controversial issue whether ice crystals exist in space near the shuttle. There is no doubt at all to anyone who has a modicum of experience with a camera that small particles out of focus look like disks, that small irregularities on the aperture are visible as notches on the disk, and that the disk is transparent. There is absolutely no way to debunk these truths. They can be demonstrated easily, and evidence has been presented many times.

Now what are the remaining arguments?

- Why do particles change direction, stop, accelerate?
Do you have any reason to believe known forces (RCS thrusters, radiation pressure, electrostatic force, etc.) do not explain some of the videos?

- Why are the floaters only visible in near-UV?
Do you have any reason to believe they would not be visible in the visible spectrum?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's easy to say "alien spaceship". Why not refute mundane explanations first? I'm not denying the possibility of alien spaceships, mind you. Seeing ice crystals promoted to mystical vortex or galactic clocks or whatever pseudo-researchers like David Sereda call them is a disgrace to ufology.

Yep! But I thought I never mentioned 'alien spaceships' anywhere? Of course they could just be ice crystals! (I need some in my beer right now!
)

OK, have a look at this vid which was taken from mother Earth and nothing to do with STS-75, except that the objects in both cases look absolutely alike. And there were no ice crystals floating around at the time near the camera. Oh yes, it could have been a dust particle! Check it out....

There a number of sightings and photographs of objects that have the exact same shape, both from the ground as well as other STS missions. If one then compares these with the STS-75 footage, the resemblance is uncanny lending credence to the idea that those objects could have been UFOs!

But hey! I've got an open mind on this UFO stuff. I haven't seen one myself, which is a darn pity! And so I'm planning a trip to Zapata Falls. Let's see what turns up!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

That type of movement does not need any intelligence behind it.

If you have access to a cylindric magnet, like one taken from a large loudspeaker, you can try this experiment.

Roll it on the floor and you will see it make a curve along the floor until it had reached a certain position. Pick it up and make it roll the way back to where you sent it first, but this time put the side that was on you right side to you left side (turn the magnet 180º around its vertical axis is a more correct way of putting it) before making it roll on the floor.

The magnet will make another, different, turn and will stop (if it was sent with enough force) with the same side in the same direction that before.

Is there any intelligence behind its movement? As far as I know, no, only the Earth's magnetic field, that makes its poles align in the same way as the needle from a compass always points to the North.

PS: the first video shows what I think is some kind of plasma ball being attracted to the lightning storm and keeping outside the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

They all look the same because they all are light sources (direct or indirect) on a dark background and extremely out of focus.

If you have a video camera try it, you will see that this is what an out of focus light looks like.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I just saw this one on YT.
It's been online for two years almost, so it has probably been here on ATS and probably totally debunked...

What was the conclusion?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

If you let those videos obliterate your thoughts, no wonder you're not thinking critically.

The first video shows 2 big UFOs coming from the right. When they emerge into the sunlight (at 0:09 and 1:24) they start to slow down, and melt. You can see them changing shape, becoming smaller. The first UFO does appear to be attracted by the storm, but it's only a coincidence. It only moves at the same speed as the continents for a short while.

The seconds video is pretty much the same. Small particle pushed by sunlight. Not necessarily ice.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Why should there be any conclusion? If the UFOs were doing anything unusual for space debris it would be proof they are something else entirely. Since they don't...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Notice the two first seconds in the video....
I'm not sure what it is, but it does not look like any usual debris, if it were it got dangerously close to the shuttle also....

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

So in your mind what would classify as an intelligently controlled object? Obviously objects that can change direction on their own aren’t enough evidence, even if they’re two miles in diameter or some how happen to appear out of nowhere.

Seriously, I’m sure you’ve looked these videos enough times to have already made up your mind, but can you actually say that everything you’ve seen regarding the NASA footage is just normal and to be expected debris?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

In the first two seconds there is something moving in the top left corner... not sure what's so interesting there. Later we see spinning debris, no surprise. We don't know how big they are. They could be some of the objects, bigger than about 4 inches, tracked by NASA.
100,000 Pieces Of Trash In Space Poses No Shortage Of Risks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join