It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters - Stephenville Texas episode information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Your jokes are the best part./o

FYI - Today Sunday 4/6/08 two UFO Hunters re-run shows will be on the History Channel from 2-3pm and 3-4pm Eastern. UFO Gate Ways and Alien Contact.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well in that case.......

Did I read somewhere that Mufon was going to be represented there as well? I don't know where I might have seen that.

Oh, and before UFO Hunters is a rerun of Monster Quest's 'Flying Creatures' episode. Don't even get me started on those pesky little rods, aka: moths/bugs. Dangerous little buggers.

Mods: please don't fine me for the above anti-rod remark. But you can give me points if I made you laugh.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure what most of you saw on The History Channel, but I live about an hour from Stephenville, and within hours of the event, local news channels were all over it. Many CREDIBLE citizens gave eye-witness testimony about what they saw. Funny enough, a couple days after it happend, everyone just dropped it. A couple of local news channels were following it (the story) for a couple days. I think most of them accepted the first claim by USAF "No military craft were in the area that night..." Even though many people saw jets go in the same direction the craft went. Then later the USAF 'admits' that there were some test flights being done in the area that night.

I don't care what the media feeds us, or is fed by the government. Those people SAW what they said they did. There were too many people who saw the same thing to deny what it was. I'm not saying it was little green or grey men, but they saw a aircraft that is not publicly known to man.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Demonis

Welcome to ATS, Demonis, and thanks for the post.

Well, so for we haven't seen anything on the History Channel regarding the Stephenville incident.

I agree 100% with your post, this is a fascinating incident(s) because of the number and credibility of the witnesses in and around Stephenville. I believe that this case deserves the very best investigation and most thorough attention. I think that we (I should probably just speak for myself) are just a little concerned that the ufo hunters team may not have the ability to dig deep enough nor the objectivity to avoid careless or damaging claims.

However, I for one am looking forward to this episode, yet somewhat guarded.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Ah yes, "UFO HUNTERS". I have expressed my opinion on the History channel in other threads.... pure propoganda BS.

The History channel routinely 'investigates' conspiracy theories only to leave the bulk of the theory out. They do their best to ridicule and dismantle conspiracy theories, UFO events etc.

I can't count how many terrible Roswell documentaries I have seen on this channel. They really do a great job muddying the waters so to speak.

The History channel is a government front. Propoganda up the yin-yang.

They will probably do a great job smearing the Stephensville sightings

I couldn't disagree more. You are going to get different conclusions and different biases depending your producer and director. I have seen many of those documentaries you are referring to about Roswell and a lot of them are disparaging to an extent but I don't see the cast of UFO Hunters acting derisively towards the subject one bit. If anything Bill Birnes is too much of a believer and it's a good thing they have rounded out the other personalities to keep logical skepticism in it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demonis
I don't care what the media feeds us, or is fed by the government. Those people SAW what they said they did. There were too many people who saw the same thing to deny what it was. I'm not saying it was little green or grey men, but they saw a aircraft that is not publicly known to man.

AMEN! The way the local and national media just dropped the story after a week or two shocked me. It's like a switch was turned off. The article about how Carl Lewis said F-16s were training in the area was the last mention of it on most major news channels and web sites.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i use to live in weatherford about an hour away. you use to see weird stuff but not like the video i seen.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Demonis

thanks Demonis for posting your info!! It really helps in trying to figure out just how big the event was. Personally, this event was treated the same as the O'Hare incident last year as well. Couple of blips on the MSM .. and the.........................................silence.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi All...

Thanks for all your posts, Demonis, I used to live in Granbury and worked in Weatherford back in the late 80's...great BIG sky out there in that area, not much cloud cover, perfect for sky watching...thanks for your post!

Ufo Reality, I know you keep a close watch on Stephenville.com did you see that article about the one police officer who is remaining anonymous that got the object on his radar gun and it was only going 27 miles an hour?

Here's a story written about it: And I checked Stephenville.com and it's on the front page as well with a link to this story....

A Stephenville, Texas, area law enforcement officer on patrol Jan. 8, 2008, used his police radar device for tracking speeders to measure the speed of a huge unidentified object in the sky.

"I had to swivel my radar head up into the sky. And I knew I got a good hit on it. It showed 27 miles per hour and was accelerating slowly."

www.ufodigest.com...

I wonder if he talked to the UFO Hunters at least in disguise? Guess we shall see!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Nice find lateapexer. I hadn't heard of this officer before. Gotta love a police officers' testimony, I find the majority of them highly credible.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Thanks hsur2112!

I totally agree, police officers make great witnesses for sure, and this is the first story I have ever come across where a police officer thought to clock the UFO on his radar gun!!

And wow slow moving, only 27 mph?? Amazing.

Wish he would have filmed it as well with his in-car camera too if he had one.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yes I stay tuned into the stephenvillelights web site as well as openmindsforum. 27 miles per hour is pretty amazing. I can understand why he doesn't want to go public considering his job. I have a feeling that this story is far from over. After the UFO Hunters Stephenville episode tomorrow night and the MUFON report comes out soon, the media will pick back up on this. I could be wrong though. The military could have already silenced the media,.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When UFO hunters started i like a lot of others thought this was going to be a huge imput into the world of UFO investigation, all seemed to be going well untill i saw the episode on the Hudsen valley? and the triangle shaped anomalie which was supposed to have been detected 7 foot down and reported to be giving off magnetic waves.

They allowed for months people to study their findings and convinced people that this Anomalie was going to be a huge part of their investigations and be included in the show Vortexes, this as we all know was a huge let down, it seemed that they bowed to a pressure somewhere and if my mind serves me right they didn't mention the Anomalie at all?

This to me makes them as bad as all the other shows which promise and deliver nothing, i think that they did drop all this part of their research simply because they where warned not to.

I doubt i will trust this show again, or indeed feel the same as i used to about UFO magazine, and ill tell you something else, if i ever came across total evidence of ET i wont be hanging around waiting for a pay off or fame, I promise you it will be world wide on the WEB ASAP after i find it, with everything backed up to prevent tampering or accidental loss.

The UFO Hunter team have lost any respect i had for them, we have waited long enough for evidence, and im a believer that once it has been established ET is real the worlds woes will begin to dwindle, and im hoping for at least the end to world starvation, nobody should ever go to bed with an empty stomach.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'll be DVR'ing this episode but I won't be forcing myself to stay up and watch it. In fact, if it's anything like all the previous episodes, I'll end up falling asleep.

I've been highly disappointed with this show after having such high hopes.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

I have to agree the show does have a tendency to make one sleepy. Especially the Vortex episode, at least they found a cure for insomnia. I don't understand why there is a separate thread for each episode it is making me dizzy. Hey 2112 and Jeepgal, I am over here now!!!

Peace
Trustnobody

[edit on 8-4-2008 by trustnobody]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

We're just trying to keep you on your toes, that's all....
I did think all the conversation regarding this show was supposed to be contained in one thread but I'm flexible....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
sompthing i found on liveleak.com great what the millitary can pull out there ass over sompthing like this

military press relese
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi all! I think that the mods. should award 500 points to whomever stays awake for the whole episode.
hehe

I can see how one might mistake a ufo followed by 2 jets for 10 F-16's. Especially since they started equiping F-16's with silencers. Don't you?

And I don't believe that there has been a single person to back up this claim of 10 F-16's.

My husband is from Abilene and I didn't realize it was so close to Stephenville. Learn something new everyday. I was feeling left out since everyone else seems to be from that area and now I don't.

Now, back on topic...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

I just read your post in the other thread and I cannot stop laughing.
I get those lapses too. You know, driving down a road and you think 'how did I get here?'. Not really, but I thought it would make you feel better. You've had one too many bavarian cream donuts.

Now seriously, back on topic. (I'm warning myself.)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well the wait is over...

TONIGHT!!!! Wednesday April 9, 2008 at 10pm Eastern

A short teaser clip has been posted:

www.history.com...

www.history.com...

UFO Hunters: 2008 Texas UFO

"The team is hot on the trail of a case that just happened, one that had the whole country talking just weeks ago. In December 2007, people begin seeing UFOs in the skies ninety miles from Dallas, Texas. Within a month, the reports had increased ten-fold. The UFO Hunters travel to Stephenville, Texas to investigate the strange lights in the sky. They meet witnesses never interviewed for TV, analyze strange footage shot by people all over Texas, and come to an incredible conclusion."

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join