It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters - Stephenville Texas episode information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wednesday April 9, 2008 at 10pm Eastern

www.history.com...

UFO Hunters: 2008 Texas UFO

"The team is hot on the trail of a case that just happened, one that had the whole country talking just weeks ago. In December 2007, people begin seeing UFOs in the skies ninety miles from Dallas, Texas. Within a month, the reports had increased ten-fold. The UFO Hunters travel to Stephenville, Texas to investigate the strange lights in the sky. They meet witnesses never interviewed for TV, analyze strange footage shot by people all over Texas, and come to an incredible conclusion."

Lets see how this pans out...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I gotta put this on my calendar!!!! There was a HUGE media blackout on this incident and the original journalist trying to keep some follow up was told not to. After a few weeks, he quit his job. I don't have the original website that he started or had but i'm 100% sure it can be googled.

I love this show!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm not holding my breath for any great revelations based on the previous episodes. I don't have that kind of time to invest. I'll DVR it and then fast forward through the stupid experiments that prove nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think MUFON is heavily involved in this show and THE key witness (in my opinion) Ricky Sorrells of Dublin Texas is not on camera for this show because he declined. It's a shame to me that several in the UFO community seem to have an agenda and certain interests at hand and they can't all come together for what's best for all. I think Ricky is very weary of the media since he spoke with the AP. I can't really blame him.

I'll wait to see the show before I trash it. I hope they truly do come to an incredible conclusion this time.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Who saw the episode in which three ufos fly in a triange? One of them starts to falter a bit and in response, dumps a metallic liquid into the bay/lake.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
It's a shame to me that several in the UFO community seem to have an agenda and certain interests at hand and they can't all come together for what's best for all.

That's always been the case. Infighting in the UFO field has been around from the very beginning, with many investigators withholding and failing to share good evidence, keeping their sources secret, and trying to steer the investigations and data in a way that supports their own beliefs. It's common for old UFO guys to die and leave behind a huge pile of material that they've either withheld or failed to follow up on. And then that material is squirreled away by somebody else.

On the UFO Hunters show, you see Bill Birnes consistently pushing his beloved ET hypothesis, even though the data never shows a connection. At least some of the other investigators are willing to step back and say, "The descriptions and data are interesting, but we can't draw any conclusions." At least that's honest, even though it doesn't make for very good TV.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Please lets not forget that UFO Hunters dedicated an episode to the debunked "drone."

That was enough for me. The show bunk in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You know.... I understand that we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but sometimes it just seems unlikely that certain UFOs could be our own aircrafts. I mean, some of these crafts do things we just don't know how to do. Unless we do know how to do these things and it's being kept secret. In that case, world-changing technologies are being kept from the public!

We shouldn't assume, as Bill Birnes does, "oh man, that's definitely alien. no doubt at all!" But.... sometimes that just does seem to be likely. And on the other hand, it seems like self-proclaimed skeptics are usually more in favor of explanations that don't even make sense. I just saw this in another topic: "The true skeptic takes an agnostic position." I think Ted Ackworth is a true skeptic. He doesn't pretend a fake explanation works like so many in the world are inclined to do.

Anyway, this show is not as bad as some people make it out to be. It's not for everyone though. It's great for people with a somewhat casual interest in UFOs. But as the show keeps going, they'll need to keep trying new things. Maybe they'll find some really good info eventually. They have resources and money. If people boo the show off the air, then we won't know what could have been.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Time to buy a new bag of m & m's.
Well, I'm not sure that it will be any more conclusive than the other episodes but I'm glad that the Stephenville incident(s) is finally getting some attention. Will this hurt or help the case, that is yet to be seen. But, again, I admire their passion...dig deep guys...don't be afraid of getting a little dirty.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
They have resources and money.

That's always been one of the biggest problems in UFO research. It's generally been done as a kind of hobby by a few people, and no real good effort (other than the secret government efforts) to study these things has been done because it's just too expensive. On the other hand, if they waste that money on a lot of junk, then it's just wasted.

So I guess I agree that it's better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
New radio interview with Angelia Joiner:

www.webtalkradio.net...

And fairly new article about Ricky Sorrells of Dublin Texas:

www.reporternews.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have a fair idea what the incredible conclusion is going to be.

When you fire a laser at a weather balloon full of helium at night, it does not look like a UFO. Stay tuned for more incredible conclusions next episode...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If they simply came to the honest conclusion that they really did see something unexplainable that would satisfy me.

I believe Ricky Sorrells with all my heart and mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I heard that Ricky Sorrells turned down an invitation to be interviewed on UFO Hunters... why is that?

He's definitely one of the main witnesses in this case and I can't imagine a seeing a TV documentary about the Stephenville, Texas UFO sightings without him being in it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He doesn't want to go on camera for certain reasons. He's got a family to worry about. Certain people feel certain ways about things I guess, and he just didn't feel comfortable with it.

If it was me, I would have been part of the show. I could care less about government or military repercussions. But if I had a wife and two kids to be there for and an Air Force Lt. Col called me up and threatened me and a guy walked up to my front door late at night and just stood there staring at me through the door window after I saw a gigantic craft of some kind hovering over me in the woods, I honestly don't know if I would or not.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ah yes, "UFO HUNTERS". I have expressed my opinion on the History channel in other threads.... pure propoganda BS.

The History channel routinely 'investigates' conspiracy theories only to leave the bulk of the theory out. They do their best to ridicule and dismantle conspiracy theories, UFO events etc.

I can't count how many terrible Roswell documentaries I have seen on this channel. They really do a great job muddying the waters so to speak.

The History channel is a government front. Propoganda up the yin-yang.

They will probably do a great job smearing the Stephensville sightings

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
He doesn't want to go on camera for certain reasons. He's got a family to worry about. Certain people feel certain ways about things I guess, and he just didn't feel comfortable with it.

If it was me, I would have been part of the show. I could care less about government or military repercussions. But if I had a wife and two kids to be there for and an Air Force Lt. Col called me up and threatened me and a guy walked up to my front door late at night and just stood there staring at me through the door window after I saw a gigantic craft of some kind hovering over me in the woods, I honestly don't know if I would or not.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by ufo reality]

You've got a point there. Maybe he'll change his mind, once the dust settles, to be on the show sometime in the future. I hope so. I can see them doing several follow-ups and updates for this case.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I can't friggin' wait for this episode! These guys are my favorite euphologists and I hope they find something good, they already blew the Rendalsham case wide open.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
New teaser clip is up on the UFO Hunters site about the Stephenville episode this Wednesday night 4/9/08.

Check it out: www.history.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Good update ufo reality and great job keeping up with all of the Ufo Hunters' episodes. I am cautious, but looking forward to this one. Looks like maybe some new footage? I hope so. I will wait patiently and try not to ruin your thread with my terrible jokes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join