It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nibiru Myth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Combatmed1

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Myth- Nibiru has a highly eliptical orbit and only reaches our solar sytem every 3600 years
Fact- According to astronomers, eliptical orbits are highly unstable. Chances are that if there was a planet in such an orbit would either revert to a circular orbit as it nears the sun, or fly off somewhere into space due to the distance from the sun

Our own planet has an eliptical orbit as does all of the planets....I believe you might have mistyped in the op..

en.wikipedia.org...
[edit on 31-3-2008 by Combatmed1]

I know our planet does. What I was getting at, is that Nibiru has apparently had a large elliptical orbit, that hasnt become more circular like ours. I prob should've rephrased that to make it clear

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Myth- Nasa has photgraphed Nibiru
Fact- Incorrect, the photo actually turned out to be a new type of galaxy. The media misinterpreted the finding as an extra planet in our solar system

unless you have access to Nasa's database you can't possibly make this claim.

Unless you have access to Nasa's database you cant claim otherwise. From the sources I used, I came to this conclusion, so it was researched.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeTheThird

When you actually start posting some sources and evidence for your ridiculous claims come back and explain to me. You obviously have no knowledge what so ever of what a brown dwarf star is and havent done any research.

According to "actual" research done into Brown Dwarf Stars, to classify an object as a brown dwarf, the object has to have a mass of at least 80 times that of Jupiter. However in terms of diameter they may be similar. There are only two known brown dwarfs due to them being difficult to find because of their colour.

If its the truth as you say (eyes rolling) provide some eveidence before posting pathetic and immature replies

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

We are part of (at least) a binary star system

There is no evidence to support this idea. Only conjecture.

How about precession?

If this was due to the 'wobbling' of the Earth, we would precess relative to objects IN the Solar system. The dates of meteor showers, conjunctions, solstices.. EVERYTHING.. would all need to be adjustd acording to precession. Since the last calender reforms, everything would already be about a week off. They aren't, and we don't.

Since we are ONLY precessing relative to objects OUTSIDE of the Solar system, (unless you are going to next tell me that the entire Solar system is "wobbling"), this means that we are curving through space.

Yes gravity fails to explain how our sun could be in orbit around any of the nearest stars, however Newton's gravity fails to explain many things. At the time, the Sun was thought to be fixed in a position in space. We know more now.

A wise man once said that scientific laws must conform to observations and facts, not the other way around.

Unless you can show that we are precessing relative to the objects within our solar system, your propoganda is irrelevant.

It's as simple as that. No more, no less.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

According to "actual" research done into Brown Dwarf Stars, to classify an object as a brown dwarf, the object has to have a mass of at least 80 times that of Jupiter...

There are only two known brown dwarfs due to them being difficult to find because of their colour.

You've made my point better than I could have.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeTheThird

We are part of (at least) a binary star system

There is no evidence to support this idea. Only conjecture.

How about precession?

If this was due to the 'wobbling' of the Earth, we would precess relative to objects IN the Solar system. The dates of meteor showers, conjunctions, solstices.. EVERYTHING.. would all need to be adjustd acording to precession. Since the last calender reforms, everything would already be about a week off. They aren't, and we don't.

These things you mention are all determined by Earth's orbit around the sun (or the orbit of other objects around the sun). Not by precession.

en.wikipedia.org...

And how on Earth (no pun intended) does precession relate to the Sun being in a binary system?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

These things you mention are all determined by Earth's orbit around the sun (or the orbit of other objects around the sun). Not by precession.

That's because it isn't a local phenominon. The dates of such things should have slipped by a week.

And how on Earth (no pun intended) does precession relate to the Sun being in a binary system?

I can't draw pictures on here, but I supposed you could think of the entire solar system as one horse on a Merry-Go-Round, and you could think of the Earth as... maybe the horse's right ear. The people standing around watching you are the stars. Except that a couple of stars that seem to be a couple of the people are in the center of the Merr-Go-Round, or some distance between that and the horse on the other side. Not exactly, but I hope that helps.

I reckon the horse is also spinning around. But his ear does not wobble.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

According to "actual" research done into Brown Dwarf Stars, to classify an object as a brown dwarf, the object has to have a mass of at least 80 times that of Jupiter...

There are only two known brown dwarfs due to them being difficult to find because of their colour.

You've made my point better than I could have.

I have?

Didnt you say that Jupiter and Saturn were Brown Dwarfs? Thats not what I am saying. Jupiter and Saturn (especially Saturn) cant be Brown Dwarfs becuase they do not have enough mass. I mean Saturn is so light that it would float on water!!! And apart from that, they are extremely bright compared to brown dwarfs

The two CONFIRMED brown dwarfs are not Saturn and Jupiter, they are Gliesse 229B and Teide 1. Maybe you should look it up

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz, your're correct re: Saturn's density....being less than liquid water.

But, remember, neither Saturn nor Jupiter shine on their own....it is reflected from our Sun!

Sorry to correct, but sometimes a friend will tell another friend when they've msisspoke....

WW

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

But, remember, neither Saturn nor Jupiter shine on their own....it is reflected from our Sun!

Sorry to correct, but sometimes a friend will tell another friend when they've msisspoke....

WW

Yeah, thats what I was getting at, the sun reflects on them to make them bright....should've been more specific.

Thansk for correcting though, someone was bound to call it out sooner or later and I am glad it was someone on my side...lol!!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

However both of them release more energy than they receive from 'The Sun'.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Please provide a source for this information

Do you even know how much energy the sun releases?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Please provide a source for this information

Do you even know how much energy the sun releases?

Ok. And Yes.

en.wikipedia.org...

... Jupiter still radiates more heat than it receives from the Sun

en.wikipedia.org...

Saturn has a very hot interior, reaching 11,700 °C at the core, and it radiates 2.5 times more energy into space than it receives from the Sun.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeTheThird

Ok thanks for that very interesting. It seems to me that the reason it is expelling heat is because it is cooling as the gasses that make it up are compressing, that is also the same for Saturn. The one thing I dont understand is why you claim that the planets are/were brown dwarfs?

Its not the size that matters (diameter) its the mass, the article states that Jupiter would have to be 75 times more massive to become a star. So even though it has been shrinking the mass doesnt appear to have ever been large enough to have ever been a brown dwarf.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ha Ha got you there Oz....
or did he.

Really, at that distance 2.5 times that recived from the sun wouldn't be that much would it? Given enough distance from the the earth could radiate 50 times what it receives.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Ha Ha got you there Oz....
or did he.

Really, at that distance 2.5 times that recived from the sun wouldn't be that much would it? Given enough distance from the the earth could radiate 50 times what it receives.

Unless you are trying to tell me that the Earth is also 'cooling as the gasses that make it up are compressing (
)', or some such blather, I don't think your argument holds up at all, or has relevance.

And I don't think either of us are trying to '[get] each other'.

OZMAN I'll get back to your question, but I think you found yourself a tagline quote.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Aren't they supposed to be made of gas? So why wouldn't it be

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
just because the two planets (Saturn and Jupiter) realese more energy than they recive from 'The Sun' does not at all make then brown dwarfs or in fact any type of planet at all, first off to be a star you have to be a big of a massive thing in fact seventy-five times more massive than Jupiter is now, that's quite some size really, also you have to be having a bit of nuclear fusin going on in there whcih is kinda hat makes stars stars really, this is the thing that produces the massive amounts of energy and light (as most people should already know)

en.wikipedia.org...

But this is not the what is going on on Jupiter. the process which is going on there is called the Kelvin-Helmholtz mechanism

heres a quote from wiki

The Kelvin-Helmholtz mechanism is an astronomical event that occurs when the surface of a star or a planet cools. As a result of this cooling, the pressure drops, and the star or planet compresses to compensate. This compression, in turn, heats up the core of the star/planet. This mechanism is evident on Jupiter and Saturn.

en.wikipedia.org...

this process happens on stars aswell but that not how the main source of energy, heat and light come from.

anyways

the points oxweatherman have giving are pretty good, honestly the thing that through me about the whole planet x thing was that it was inhabited by (i cant remember there name) people that are going to come here and blah blah its just quite retarded in my eyes i cant wait till 2012 im going to have a laugh.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by madmofo]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmofo
the points oxweatherman have giving are pretty good, honestly the thing that through me about the whole planet x thing was that it was inhabited by (i cant remember there name) people that are going to come here and blah blah its just quite retarded in my eyes i cant wait till 2012 im going to have a laugh.
[edit on 2-4-2008 by madmofo]

It's just propoganda. Co-opted conspiracy movement.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OK,okay.....I have to jump in here,I am a believer in alot of conspiracies but not this one,heres why:I take astronomy in college so I do know what I am talking about to an extent.Saturn and Jupiter WERE NEVER BROWN DWARFS!!!!!A brown dwarf cannot simply change back into a planet-once it is a star it STAYS A STAR,it then follows the regular life cycle of a star.
More over you said that Saturn radiates 2.5 times more enegy THAN IT RECIEVES FROM THE SUN,that is the key phrase,it DOES NOT PUT OUT MORE ENERGY THAN THE SUN.The same holds true for Jupiter as far as putting out more enrgy than it RECIEVES.I appoligize if I have not refuted any other claims but I just skimmed through the last few pages as I have to go to ASTRONOMY tonight in about 40 minutes.If I have failed to explain any information or left some claims undebunked I will be back on later and if I can explain them I will.Let me state this in all likely hood NIBIRU DOES NOT EXSIST,of course there is a .00001% chance it does,but I think we know enough about astronomy,esspecially of our own solar system to be able to know this doesnt exsist.I am not a skeptic-well more like a "line item skeptic".I only debunk ridiculous claims.

-JKrog

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join