It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

younger generation believers...with experiences

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I hope that this thread of mine:www.abovetopsecret.com...'

has not caused me to fall into ill repute with any member of this thread,I wanted to bring this to light since I know some members "hover"around threads,but do not post anything.I want to make it clear that that thread is a TOTALLY separate opinion and view than what I expressed here.Further more I want to make clear if you read it or have read it that the title of"America is the most powerful nation ever"may be misleading as I am only referring to the obvious that militarily and economically the US is the most powerful-right now.I know this is a little off topic,but I felt as if I should bring it to attention as I now consider this my "home thread"(thanx OP)

Everyone have a great day and thanks for understanding.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It would be a sad thing indeed if a poster in a thread replete with openness, acceptance, mutual respect, compassion, empathy, and civility, were to be judged harshly or regarded as somehow less worthy of conviviality on the basis of nothing more than their personal opinion. That would make us, in my opinion, hypocritical in the extreme after what most of us have espoused herein.

We've all demonstrated in this thread that we don't have to agree or see our experiences in the same light in order to feel a shared sense of greater commonality, let alone to respect and show compassion for one another. I would like to believe my fellow posters are above judging you for your opinion, regardless of what they may feel about it personally. That would defeat the purpose and nature of this thread in my opinion.

At some point in society - of which this thread and forum are a microcosm - people forgot that it was possible to disagree (even vehemently) and still respect and (dare I say it?) even love one another. (*gasp!*) Not here, I say; at least, not I. That would be a shame.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

(I listen to way too much music, I know.)

Probably just part of our talents. I always have music on. Although, I'm finding myself drawn towards hypnotic regular beats. Helps me to concentrate.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What kind of music do you guys listen? What music styles you prefer etc..

Blue

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue10110
What kind of music do you guys listen? What music styles you prefer etc..

Blue

That is so hard. It depends on the mood. I'll also go through phases. At the moment I'm into early to late nineties IDM. But will also go through phases of listening to anything from the Harmless label. From Britpop to Simon and Garfunkle.

I was just listening to the album Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and I'm currently listening to Legion of Boom by the Crystal Method.

I'll also listen to old school rap to some really funky and uniquely Australian Aussie Hip Hop

What about everyone else?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue10110

I myself listen to about everything like rock, acid jazz, some pop-with the exception of country and rap. Although, I do enjoy a bit of De La Soul every now and then. I like a little bit of everything. Some older stuff, like led zeppelin, the who, and the Beatles of course, especially the great John Lennon. Who, IMO, wasn't from here and way before his time. Can you imagine what it would be like if he were here now?

Music nowadays isn't what it used to be, although some of the indie and alternative aren't so bad, most of it to me just sounds the same.

However, I must confess, I have an indescribable love for instrumental music. Mostly movie scores, especially the ones that can make you feel like fighting an entire army by yourself, the ones that make you cry, or the ones that make you feel for fleeting second like your one with the world. (If you've never had this reaction to music, go listen to Thomas Newman's theme from the movie Phenomenon).

World music is another favorite of mine, especially native American, Celtic and African. Which is funny because all I've been listening to for the past week is a group called Afro Celt Sound System. Which can only be described as African Celtic music. Makes no sense I know, until you hear it. Check them out.

Who else?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Music! I love music. Lately I've been on a very big Beatles & Lennon kick. Man I wish I could have been around when he was still alive.

I'm into everything but rap and country (The exception I have a few hip hop songs on my playlist, mainly for their beats)

I'm into stuff before my time, really. lol. I love the music that was out around the time of my birth, 80's new wave, Peter Gabriel & genesis, etc etc etc. I'm not liking most of the crap thats come out recently. I feel damn embarrased to be in the generation of britney, n*sync, backstreet boys, etc. Thats a friggin embarrassment.

I'm a weird one, but then again I told my mother recently that I think i was born on the wrong planet

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

i told my mother that i KNOW i was born on the wrong planet
.... and she agreed!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Don't you dislike when that happens, you know your an E.T "when you give the planet back to the world".

I have caught myself at times saying, "this is not my planet, you can have it".

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
www.blogthings.com...

Ah, Yes! Sweet home Mars here I come!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

haha totally! i can relate to that! i often find myself saying 'i dont care, cos im not from here' lol....... maybe thats why im always moving, im always searching for somewhere that feels like home....
I dont know about you lot, but the state of current affairs is really starting to get me down..... has anyone ever felt they've just had enough of this life? like there must be something better??... im by no means depressed or anything, just sick of it all, and the way the world is heading

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

"When mankind learns to see without fear he will be free"

That will be the marker that will pull this world into a better living arangement.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

has anyone ever felt they've just had enough of this life? like there must be something better??...

I feel like that all the time! Like this cant be all we are living for. There's got to be something more... Alot of what is going on in the world today seriously urks me. I just wish there was someway to stop all the descrution, pain and sorrow.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thefight

I agree totally. I got into an argument with my Mom yesterday over this very topic. She too believes that the world is headed for great change, however, she does not believe it will be all fire and brimstone, but the exact opposite, a peaceful transformation.

I however, beg to differ. I know the world is changing, and with that change so must we. But, I know this change will not be welcomed by everyone, and it will certainly not be easy. I feel that we will have to endure something drastic to make people want to change, a trial if you will, a catalyst of sorts that will hopefully lead to the peace and understanding we all ultimately seek.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I hope that this thread of mine:www.abovetopsecret.com...'

has not caused me to fall into ill repute with any member of this thread,I wanted to bring this to light since I know some members "hover"around threads,but do not post anything.I want to make it clear that that thread is a TOTALLY separate opinion and view than what I expressed here.Further more I want to make clear if you read it or have read it that the title of"America is the most powerful nation ever"may be misleading as I am only referring to the obvious that militarily and economically the US is the most powerful-right now.I know this is a little off topic,but I felt as if I should bring it to attention as I now consider this my "home thread"(thanx OP)

Everyone have a great day and thanks for understanding.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by jkrog08]

I want to reply on this even tough its offtopic:

The US the most powerfull when it comes to the military? Dude, you guys cant even defend yourselves, if some nation invades yours, you will lose bigtime. Every member of the US Army is abroad invading some country's here and there. There is nobody to follow the primary goal of an Army: Protecting the OWN nation.

Economically the most powerfull? Dude, the dollar is about to crash and the US is not even a legal country anymore, because of all the debts.

I'm sorry, but im from Holland, Europe, and im sick of al this WE ARE THE BEST talk from american people. America aint the best, america aint the world police. There is exactly ZERO people besides in the US that want to live in the US or want to be american.
Everybody makes fun of America because of your dumb president and everyone starts to hate the US for putting the planet on fire, around five or six years ago. Because of what your leaders did people all over the world are suffering. My OWN people are dying in Afghanistan because you guys asked us to be a part of your illegal and illegitimate war. There weere attacks in Madrid, because you guys demanded the spanish to be a part of the war.

Stop telling the world that you guys are the best in everything, stop starting wars because of reasons that are made up, stop invading country's, stop making people suffer, stop bossing everyone around and last but not least, stop lying to the people.

Pathetic #.

Sorry guys, nothing personal, but please change the american attitude, it is making almost everyone in the world sick, and you are only mking a fool outta yourselves.

And please dont take me wrong, i am mainly speaking about your government and their actions, but for things to change in a better way, you guys need to stop the insane patriotism and start acting AGAINST your leaders, instead of joining them in telling everyone you are the greatest.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
reply to post by menguard

haha totally! i can relate to that! i often find myself saying 'i dont care, cos im not from here' lol....... maybe thats why im always moving, im always searching for somewhere that feels like home....
I dont know about you lot, but the state of current affairs is really starting to get me down..... has anyone ever felt they've just had enough of this life? like there must be something better??... im by no means depressed or anything, just sick of it all, and the way the world is heading

Im having this feeling since i was 12 or 13 years old.
I really dont care anymore about if there was to be a disaster that totally whipes out human civilisation.
What did i say? civilisation? there is no civilisation on this planet.

People are killing eachother because of videogames, people burn other peoples houses because those other people have a different coloured skin, murderers are getting to the age of 90 while people who didnt harm a fly die on their 16th... wars everywhere, living to work instead of working to live... it makes me sick.

You know, i cant even watch the news anymore because it makes me sick and especially because it gets me in an agressive state of mind. I cant stand it anymore.

People always say that when you die there is heaven and hell. I really think, there is only heaven, because we are living in hell already and things can only be better.

But hey, who am i, im just some crazy dutch 21 year old boy with insane dreams and experiences talking like he wants to kill himself.
Damn, only talking about this gets me mad already, so im ending my reply now, too much negative energy for me.

Its like the whole world turned crazy instead of me, me who is watching the crazyness with a feeling he cant do # about it and cant talk to people about it because they never would understand. Im glad for this board to exist.

So we are making movies about invading alien out to destroy everything, we are being afraid of aliens, etc etc.. people dont realise we are that race we fear, we are that race we make movies like independence day about. Give us spaceships and we will try to conquer the universe if not destroying it.

Sick #.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue10110
www.blogthings.com...

Ah, Yes! Sweet home Mars here I come!

I am from Jupiter, hehehe.

"You are exuberantly curious - and you love to explore newness.
Enthusiastic and optimistic, you get a kick out of stimulating intellectual discussions.
Foreign cultures and languages fascinate you. You love the outdoors, animals, and freedom.
Chances are you tend to exaggerate, so try to keep a lid on that.
If you do, you'll continue to be known for your confidence, generosity, and sense of justice."

The description is 100 percent accurate. I wonder how they do this, how they work out someone's personality based on 10 questions about visiting a mall and your ideas of a romantic date, and getting it right too, lol.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
reply to post by Chiiru

i told my mother that i KNOW i was born on the wrong planet
.... and she agreed!

LOL.
In a fit of anger I said that to my mother yesterday and shes like, "Maybe..."

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey guys, i have to report this one.
Two days ago, i was just chilling in my garden with a beer, very warm and clear day, so it was a very clear sky in which i could actually see the stars. (very uncommon here in Holland) Then suddenly i saw in the corner of my eyes some lights. It was weird because i always hear the planes when they fly over because the airport is not that far away. So ok, i saw those lights at the edge of my field of view and because i heard nothing i turned my head to focus on it.

Then i started to realize i was looking at a flying triangle. It were 2 white blinding lights, and there was none in the middle. the 3th light however, in the left corner was red. It flew very fast and again, there was no sound.
I saw the shape very clear because the object was much darker than the nightsky.

I know i type a little hard to read but this is because i have no idea how to write this and where to start. I am very nervous and a bit happy to have seen this so excuse the grammatics, my first language aint english as you all know.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Wow! How low was it and how large did it seem from your perspective?

Here's an article on flying triangles in North America:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I didn't have any trouble reading what you typed, by the way!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join