It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Dorothy Izatt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
Karras -

JRCrowley - To each their own. To a believer, no proof is needed. To a nonbeliever, any proof is never enough. As for The Paracast episode on March 2nd, yes I will contend that the guests seemed a bit "off". What went on with their Skype connection that wasn't put into the show is speculation at best. I only know what I heard on the program. I will look at what Biedny wrote in the forums however for corroboration. Again, only Dorothy's story is important. She is not in this for any kind of recognition, fame, glory or money. She is only known because friends/family brought her interesting story to those that would listen. And in her words, "for those that don't believe, that's their problem."

Cheers,

Erik

How is she not making any money from this? The DVD is selling as we write this. 45 min. for $25 - doesn't seem like that much of a deal, is it? They make a huge issue about the fact that she shot around 30,000 feet of film and all they could cough up for the DVD was 45 minutes? I wonder if she gets a cut of the DVD sales? Like PT Barnum once said... well, we all know what he said.

As for your believer / non-believer argument, that sounds good to me. I myself am a believer of many things. I believe that what Dorothy filmed looks somewhat interesting. If believe it's strange, yes I believe that. If you tell me it was a bunch of UFOs, and "Light People" are in contact with her, I've got a problem with that. Sell a DVD like this, and I have a definite problem with it.

I suppose the "Light People" - even as spiritually advanced as they are - didn't ask Dorothy to post this stuff on Youtube for free. No wonder I'm cynical about them.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

It would make sense if the point for selling the DVDs was to fund the conversion of the 30000 feet of film footage to digital, so as to avoid imminent damage to the film itself, thus saving it. I imagine, converting 30000 feet of film to digital format is very expensive, and whatever profits remaining (or growing) after the conversion are distributed between the producers of the movie and Izatt herself for their resources.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Funny....

I thought there was an existing thread on this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I must have dreamt the whole thing..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

It's not only to transfer footage, but to document Dorothy's words about each piece if possible. No, it isn't cheap and easy.

Believe me, I'm as suspect about "selling" the UFO enigma as the next guy, however the filmmaker is...a *filmmaker*, and selling their work is what they do. I doubt anyone would consider any of our professions a crime because we work for money. Nobody knocks Paul Kimball for selling his films, especially not his UFO ones.

I'd feel different if this were a ploy to garner more of our money...but it's a DVD, with no further expense implied. Nobody wants a monthly fee or a percentage of your income. I've spoken to the filmmaker at length, and he's a very nice fellow, genuinely perplexed by what he found in the case or Ms. Izatt. I don't get any notion of anything underhanded or suspect.

You're either interested in the case or you aren't.

If you're not, then move along and quit griping because a filmmaker is trying to make a film and sell it.

Oh give it away for free? So Dorothy could have someone put it all up on youtube right? Ok...so...what...so that we can bitch that it isn't good enough quality for analysis? Then she's obligated to provide raw footage right? For free too...huh? To how many people? Thousands? Where does that end?

Please, wake up and get with reality. You're talking about an elderly woman presumably on a fixed income. The filmmaker traveled a crew (twice I believe), shot the film over days, edited and produced, soundtrack, sound production...any of this sound free to you? It is however the best way to reach a lot of people with good quality clips. But it aint free by any stretch.

Again, and it cannot be stressed enough: The filmmaker and any investigators on the case, whatever their own outlooks on the case are, are NOT the case itself. Funny that everyone seems fixated on that rather then the data presented so far.

But, what I really find amusing is people thinking a little old lady is trying to get rich now, at 80+ off UFO films. Now *that* is funny.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
What's showing in Dorothy's movies are "DIMENSIONAL BLEED-THROUGHS". Those "intelligences" Dorothy is in contact with are using:

atmospheric noise + the electric circuitry of the cam + their own EM energy field +
the stochastic resonance that exist between Dorothy and these intelligences = (resulting in) "their" manifestation on film.

Dr. J. Allen Hynek was very intrigued and IMPRESSED by Dorothy's movies and even struck up a great friendship with her.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Palasheea]

Great post. Excellent subject, and intriguing case. I remember a conversation jritzman and I had about Dorothy. It was concerning actual manifestations in her house or in her presents if I am not mistaken. (Jeff if you could elaborate I think it would add to the discussion) It definately brings this case into another realm, not just photographing lights in the sky but actual interactions with these entities.

I wanted to comment on this post by Palasheea. (Awesome as usual btw)
When watching the film (youtube version) and trying to rationalize these "flashes" of light and the patterns they produce, my first thoughts were that we are seeing the "veil" between the dimensions or the interaction of these manifestations between the two causing or generating this effect.

Now mind you, this is NOT based on any fact or science. It was the initial thought (or answer to) the question posed by my own mind, "what exactly are we seeing here..." this answer just popped into my head and I noted it, and pondered further on the subject , not really yielding any better explanation or ideas....then I read your post. Do you have a link that may give a little more info on this aspect of the "flashes of light"?

What's showing in Dorothy's movies are "DIMENSIONAL BLEED-THROUGHS". Those "intelligences" Dorothy is in contact with are using.....

Is this a quote from Hynek? I found it eerie that my initial thought would mirror this quote.

Great work to everyone posting on this important case.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The similarity between those lights and the Stephenville lights are too great to pass up. The precision of 1/18th of a second flash with no spillover is pretty damn amazing. Even lightning strikes spill over to extra frames at a similar rate or 24fps.

This picture cracks me up. Everytime I look at it I think that's Hynek's hand on her leg.

Also, nice place to live redwoodjedi. I used to live in Arcata, CA. Humboldt is truly gorgeous.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I think you make some good points, Jeff. I like this Izatt case alot. Some of the more compelling footage of the actual craft itself was floating around youtube for awhile until someone took it off. See also: Unsolved Mysteries. They did a special on her as well. If I can find the episode I will post it.

I only have one question; what about the neighbors? Why haven't they seen anything after all this time? Why can Dorothy be the only one that sees these things? Do these beings have some sort of technology that can allow only one person to see them at a time?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

I think I can help with your question about why others can't see them.

They do. Her daughter has seen them. I believe a reporter also saw them while paying her a visit.

In her video, she says she has taught others to bring them in as well, and there is a clip of them doing so.

She claims you need a certain type of innocence in your belief of them. If you have any doubt, they won't appear. She says anyone with the right mindset can call them in.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Thank you for your prompt reply, seawolf. I have had a similiar "buzzing" at the top of my head that Izatt refers to, followed by verbal communication. Because this happened during the sleep state, I can't prove anything here. However, the buzzing continued for two days during my waking state afterwards, so there were physical after effects. If Izatts dvd can offer more info. on her communications with these entities, I would be interested in possibly purchasing the dvd.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
... my first thoughts were that we are seeing the "veil" between the dimensions or the interaction of these manifestations between the two causing or generating this effect.

*Right, that's a VERY good way of putting it and while we're at it, let's first look at what Jean Huston said in one of her interviews about intelligences across different levels of reality:
She said

" I think the universe is filled with intelligence. Some is embodied, some is disembodied, and ultimately probably none of it is disembodied. It may have minus n-dimensional structure or go through a black hole to a negative particle structure. But I think everything has structure or pattern. And I think it is how you define embodiment. If it's embodiment of protein or computer or chemicals, then we have a problem. If you think of embodiment as a frequency that is pulsed, they may not even be in space, they may be across time."
Source: Jon Klimo, Channeling: Investigations on Receiving Information From Paranormal Sources, North Atlantic Books, pg. 332

So to answer your question, it seems that it's more of an interaction between 2 different forms of embodiment in terms of frequencies pulsing at near rates which result in the generation of some kind of an effect. It's a stepping up in frequency on our end and a stepping down in frequency on theirs till we both meet somewhere in a time/space continuum albeit an extremely nebulous one and fleeting one but a space nonetheless that is non-local.

But what would it be like if those metaphoric "veils" or barriers were to suddenly disappear? What would it be like if we could see, talk and even touch those previously unseen "intelligences" who are all around us at all times? We already know that there are all different kinds of intelligences who comprise the unseen world but if those barriers were to be removed now, all pandemonium would break loose because as the saying goes, "Like attracts like" and one only has too look at the state of the world as it is now to see what kinds of "intelligences" would be drawn to our level where they would most likely start off with a reign of terror.
So I would not be surprised that it's those benevolent intelligences who are working hard to keep that barrier up where only those humans who are decent, moral and un-war-like are the ones who have access to their realms. I think Dorothy Izatt is one person who's in this category and one only needs to find out more about her contacts and the content of her communications with those "intelligences" to know that what I'm saying here may very well be the case.
I do think though that someday waaaaaay into the future, when we no longer resort to war to resolve international disagreements... and when we come to terms with the fragility of our environment and how our abuse of it is harming not only our own world but also all of those other worlds out there too... unless, LOVE becomes the prevailing sentiment of all humanity, only then will those barriers drop because only then would be be equipped to keep out the bad and only communicate and work with the good.

Just rambling on here.*

PS I'm using a new moniker now in this forum due the amt. of negative BTS pts. I accidentally accumulated when trying out different backgrounds in my avatar space --

[edit on 24-3-2008 by it_could_be]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Our in-depth evaluation of Dorothy Izatt's material is a stark reminder that not only are we to live our lives as decent human beings to the point where we are beyond reproach, and this includes giving up any physical and emotional addictions we may have too, we also have a responsibility to carefully examine those personal spiritual truths that are presented to us on a daily basis and to pay attention to them and try to understand them to the best of our ability. It's not an easy road to follow and sometimes it's a very lonely one too because it's also the one that's less traveled. But once one keeps on it and does not turn back, the rewards are immeasurably greater than one can ever imagine!

Here's a great source of information having to do with interdimensional communications:

www.tiller.org...

Psychoenergetic Science: A Second Copernican-Scale Revolution:

“In his essay, “On Understanding Science”, James Conant, then president of Harvard, says, “By definition, science moves ahead”. For nearly forty years I have observed Dr. Tiller moving ahead in his dogged and indefatigable research in the science he calls psychoenergetics. The field, the truest and most promising frontier of science, has fabulous implications for humankind. Yet, is has been shunned by most of the scientific community because moving ahead requires a dramatic re-conceptualization of the interface between ourselves and the material universe.”
Herbert Bruce Puryear, Ph.D.
President, The Logos Center

About the author:

Scientist and Author

Fellow to the American Academy for the Advancement of Science, Professor Emeritus William A. Tiller, of Stanford University’s Department of Materials Science, spent 34 years in academia after 9 years as an advisory physicist with the Westinghouse Research Laboratories. He has published over 250 conventional scientific papers, 3 books and several patents. In parallel, for over 30 years, he has been avocationally pursuing serious experimental and theoretical study of the field of psychoenergetics which will very likely become an integral part of "tomorrow’s" physics. In this new area, he has published an additional 100 scientific papers and four seminal books.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
I only have one question; what about the neighbors? Why haven't they seen anything after all this time? Why can Dorothy be the only one that sees these things? Do these beings have some sort of technology that can allow only one person to see them at a time?

She isn't the only one to see them, as evidenced by the UM episode shot years ago. However, you're talking about a case that has witnesses, and non witnesses literally right next to each other in Dorothy's presence. One sees it, the other doesn't. I have had similar episodes myself, which I've talked about on ATS before. My wife couldn't see what I did, until I drug her over right in front of me...take a step to the left or right, and the object was gone. Step back, there again. For me it's more a matter of perception then technology, as I am not a subscriber to "nuts and bolts' in regard to the UFO issue.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Forgive my herecy, but I hadn't even heard of Mrs Izatt until I read this thread, so my initial response is based on what I see here. The single frame abnormalities are interesting, but not inexplicable. I don't see any mention of her Super 8 camera being examined by an expert. I note that it's an 18fps film system, so I assume it is a mechanically driven device. This means gears and sprockets and such. If that's so, I can envissage a situation where one tooth on one sprocket is damaged enough to stop the film being fed through the shutter for a few seconds, then restarting. Maybe this happens every hundred frames for example. So if the camera were shooting a set of lights, venus, etc and the film the stopped, you'd get exactly the same over-exposed jiggled up mess on that single frame, as seen in Mrs Izatt's films. She would be completely unaware of the fault, the camera would continue running, apparently quite normally. I watched the referenced videos starring Robert Stack and noted that when the film crew making the tv program used their camera to shoot the same direction as Mrs Izatt, all they got were normal lights/stars. Her camera however, produced the anomalous film. It just seems a bit obvious that her camera should be examined for mechanical faults. If this aspect has indeed been covered, would someone please post a reference to it.
Many thanks,
WG3

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Her camera was disassembled and checked by a camera professional, and she was also given 3 other cameras by investigators to use. All produced the anomalies, and her camera checked out fine with no issues that would cause the single exposed frame bizarreness.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Her camera was disassembled and checked by a camera professional,

OK thanks.

On another earlier thread, there's discussion of an ATS podcast interview with Mrs Izatt. Do you have a link to that? The earlier thread doesn't give the details.

WG3

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's a link to that ATS Mix podcast.

Also check out that other Dorothy Izatt podcast too that the OP gave us a link to.

www.theparacast.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
Funny....

I thought there was an existing thread on this....

I must have dreamt the whole thing..

Sorry about that buddy. I didn't intentionally set out to fray your thread. I am new here and I did a simple search on Dorothy Izatt and came up only with the ATS mix interview. Humble apologies. I will pay better attention next time.

From JRitzmann -Oh give it away for free? So Dorothy could have someone put it all up on youtube right? Ok...so...what...so that we can bitch that it isn't good enough quality for analysis? Then she's obligated to provide raw footage right? For free too...huh? To how many people? Thousands? Where does that end?

Thanks Jeff for clarifying that for me. again, I'm new here and I don't think I could have done it as...well...eloquently as you. If I'd said as much I would have probably been written off as a flame right away. Not at all what I am trying to do here. I've dealt with one or two "hostiles" on this thread already. I would just really like to keep things civilly on-topic.

I always welcome a skeptical and debunking viewpoint, everybody. Just bring your valid info and leave your hostility and anger at the playground.

From merryxmas - Also, nice place to live redwoodjedi. I used to live in Arcata, CA. Humboldt is truly gorgeous.

Hey! Nice to talk to another face from Humboldt County! Thanks for contributing nicely to this thread!

From VisionQuest - I only have one question; what about the neighbors? Why haven't they seen anything after all this time? Why can Dorothy be the only one that sees these things? Do these beings have some sort of technology that can allow only one person to see them at a time?

Hey VQ! If you are familiar with Integral Philosophy at all, I think imho, that it could solve this particular dilemma quite nicely. I will refer you particularly to Ken Wilber's Wilber/Combs Lattice of States and Stages of Consciousness. In general, anyone can have a peak experience in any state of consciousness from the Gross Physical all the up to the Non-Dual. How that person interprets their experience depends upon what stage they are at developmentally. In other words, if someone sees a light anomaly from a mythic stage of development and they perchance happen to be Christian in faith, they might interpret their experience as they saw an Angel. However a Christian developmentally at say a Pluralistic stage or higher, might interpret it as a UFO. Some lower stages may not see anything at all whilst the individual/s standing next to them will. It is said that the Indigenous People in the Carribean did not see Columbus's ships at all for lack of any reference. If the Shaman of the tribe had not noticed a strange disturbance in the water, they might have never had any notice to his arrival.
From It_Could_Be - But what would it be like if those metaphoric "veils" or barriers were to suddenly disappear?

Ah...the slow building of the bridge between "Heaven" and "Earth". In some ways, when I get really responsive and seemingly real-time and nonresidual EVP captures, I feel that this is exactly what I am doing in some small way. A veil is all but what separates the two entities (myself and the entity recorded) from visual recognition. Albeit, there seem to be more and more instances of apparitions seen. Perhaps we too are as wispy and vaporous to "their" sight. So far though, physical death seems to be the only way to know the "punchline".

Thank you all again for such wonderful and insightful information. Enlightening to be sure.

Cheers,
Erik

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRCrowley

Originally posted by easynow
here is the link to the trailer and it shows some of the footage in the video.

towards the end of the video you can see a ufo outside the kitchen window

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Capturing the Light (trailer 2)

Seriously. You are being serious? Dude, there is a LIGHT outside the window, a LIGHT. I think you might have a slight problem in a court of law tying to prove that that light was a UFO. Looks like a frigging flashlight.

first of all... the light in the video that you can see outside the window appears to me ...to be moving in a way that resembles a ufo that i personally witnessed back in 1984... and plenty of ufo's i have seen on different video's...yes it is just a light , and nobody can claim they know what it is , so it's imo.... " unidentified "

secondly...if you listened to the ATS podcast , you would know that Dorothy and the producers of the video are the ones that tell you about the ufo outside the window. so it's not just me saying this.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
some day once this is all out in the open, im sure there will be some type of dedication or holiday for this lady. if we can really get a hold of her footage she would be a "forefather" of this terrain. she was/IS a very bold woman.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
here is a picture that dorothy took and it appears to show some light beings

she did say that there were " families " living in the craft she was witnessing.

sure does look like people or some type of beings to me...

www.timelessvoyager.com...
pg146

here is the enhanced version wich clarifies the " light beings "

www.timelessvoyager.com...
pg147

[edit on 24-3-2008 by easynow]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join