It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Dorothy Izatt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
Ok. so I actually need to pay for the video of some old ladie claiming to be capturing aliens on her 8mm camera?

And what's with the arrows inside the pictures describing us what we see?
I mean, what would we be thinking if those arrows weren't there? Crappy, unrecognizable photo?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Breadfan]

I mean, what would we be thinking if those arrows weren't there? Crappy, unrecognizable photo?

i was wondering that myself...

she has been checked out by alot of people and there is no doubt she is filming something wierd.

you mean you cant see the aliens ?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
here is the link to the trailer and it shows some of the footage in the video.

towards the end of the video you can see a ufo outside the kitchen window

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Capturing the Light (trailer 2)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
We are beyond questioning Dorothy's integrity and authenticity here. Those are no longer an issue. We now explore the deeper issues and messages at hand concerning this case. These being the why's and the many, many, many how's of the phenomenon. Does this bring any validity to the scope of your imploring as blunt as it was, Breadfan?

Hoping so,

Erik

Ok., so you have concluded (and I don't care about the other experts who have also concluded the same as you have) that:

1) Those images are real
2) There is no doubt that what we see on those images is, as such, real
3) Alien people seen on those images are, therefore, real

Well, well, well..that's it I guess! I can now go to sleep rest assured that the little grey men as such DO exist and that they're ARE visiting our planet.

We have the photos that cannot be for the love of God photoshoped (experts said so), although they're posted on an internet, which is an electronic media and as such they have been converted to a digital format and as such they are prone to all sorts of re-touching and as such..oh no, wait, we have already established an unquestionable legitimacy of those photos, so what am I talking about?

Ok. I feel debunked now *SNIP*!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hey guys quit laughing and dissing this poor nice little lady. I have found the Unexplained Mysteries special on Dorothy of Youtube. Watch it and learn how she became in contact with these UFO.

Nice lady, and I think I will buy her dvd. I see no harm in spending some extra cash to help her out. Some of you are simply mean.

Anyway,

Video Part One

Video Part Two

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
here is the link to the trailer and it shows some of the footage in the video.

towards the end of the video you can see a ufo outside the kitchen window

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Capturing the Light (trailer 2)

Ok. dude, here's my take on that video:

"This is a true story."
"About a woman who believed."
"But noone would listen."
"Thirty years and 30,000 feet of film later.."

We see lots of blurry objects in the night sky! (drumroll)
Flashing dot-like things coupled with something that looks like flares but it is not! (drumroll intensifies)
This just cannot be real!! (drumroll rolling out loud)

"Oh my gosh!" face on the trailer leading us to say, as well, "Oh my gosh!".
Stupid faces looking in awe "How can it be?!!" telling us to buy this great dvd so we can as well look at it while scratching r foreheads wondering what the heck are we seeing!

Money, money, money sell me something!

BTW, I have another million dollars question:

If I buy this DVD, will I get some extra arrows that will jump out of the box and stick themselves to my TV when one of those blurred up photos appear and tell me what type of alien ship am I seeing and what's the leg and what's the head of little grey man that is exiting out of..hold on, waiting for the arrow, oh, a spaceship?

Meh..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
BTW, I must say something out of ordinary:

She seems to be a nice lady. If I'm making fun of her, it's her hobby, not herself as a person. She could be anyones mom, hey, kinda reminds me on my mom!

I can only imagine my sweet mummy getting out in the dark night, walking around with a camera filming UFOs and then becoming a Youtube superstar so some a-holes on some geek ufo forum can make fun of her.

I just hope she doesn't read ATS, this thread or my posts. I really wish her best of luck, health, happiness and lots of new flashy UFOs in the night sky - if that's gonna make her happy and make her feel better!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm awaiting a letter from Ms. Dorothy at current time, however most of our correspondence is of a personal nature regarding the experience and her years of interaction with it. I believe she has a lot of wisdom through years of experience, that can help me in my own experiences. If she allows me to share that letter(s) with you all here I will, if she'd rather I not, I won't.

There is very clearly something going on with her, and her films are very, very astonishing. (This coming from me? Yeah, I'll say that.) Those who've seen the film, have seen some of what I mean, with regard to the "Dorothy Dorothy Dorothy" frame?

It should be noted that those who've taken the time to visit her, have also seen the anomalies. It should also be noted that while others in her presence did see the lights and craft...others did not from the same vantage point.

This, is a very little known nor talked about aspect of UFO sightings. Perception plays a huge role, and obviously plays a big one in this case. I'm very interested in that angle, and many of her experiences seem to reflect my own. Thats why I made the hardcore effort to contact her, and luckily got introduced. She does not particularly want a lot of correspondence from the mass public, at 80+ years old and is more concerned with getting her reams of film transferred to digital, more permanent media. That seems to be her driving desire at this point...so that all this is not lost to time by rotting, degrading film.

To those arbitrarily dismissing the case, I'd only advise you to see the film and then make your call. I think most who down the case and the lady herself, really haven't done any looking in any serious way, nor are they familiar with the longevity of the case and the behavior of the prime witness/experiencer. Could it all be faked? Anything can be. But motive and drive in this case lead me to surmise this is no fake, but a genuine engima.

This is a woman who's never sought to profit from this, and has stayed away from the UFO community by in large, quietly collecting data for years. This is not a Greer, or a Dean, who've made a living out of lectures and books. She's very open and forthright about her experiences and is sharing her data outright.

She's now an elderly lady, who's decided she wants this to be "out there", and shown to everyone. Most of the profits of the film are going to transfer her film to digital media. This needs to happen now, because the footage is great to have, but we also need her perspective on what she experienced when shooting it. Those claiming the "money" angle...hey the director of the film is a *film maker*...thats their job to sell their film. He nor any investigator involved with the case...is the case. Dorothy Izatt is.

You guys oughtta know me by now. I go to the bitter end to expose fakes and charlatans in the UFO study-hence why I'm so despised by them, and some of the die hard believers of any footage to come down the pike.

But, all that said, I'm not so blinded by my critical mind to dismiss possibly legitimate evidence when I see it.

You guys know the old saying "Keep and open mind...just not so open your brains fall out."?

That works both ways.

Don't let the critical thinking part get so domineering that you relinquish a case to the hoax pile, without truly looking at the subtle aspects. There's a lot of that in this case.

Dorothy's films are subtly astounding, when you know "how" they get on film, not just what they represent and the "oooh" factor.

If you get the film, I very much doubt you'll be sorry if you're willing to put away your desire for "ooh" factors and an easy answer. You'll come away from the film looking at the enigma in a completely different way, a way I've been trying to get people to look more closely at for years. Maybe if I cant getcha to, this film can.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Call me naive, stupid, whatever ... if I had half the decent footage some of these people had I would buy a domain name, buy some GoDaddy hosting, and stick it on a website -- free access, no DVDs.

Domain name: $10. Hosting: $5.99. Proof: Priceless.

Chaz.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mr. Ritzmann - Such an honor to have you on this thread. All obsequiousness aside, you make many valid points in regard to this special if not quintessential case in topic. Such as the relevancy that A) in this day and age and with the existing technology yes, anything can be faked. An 86 year old homemaker as it's probable source of chicanery? Possibly but highly unlikely. B) Cautionary vernacular warning against extremist and unwarranted positions of ignorance from either polarity or viewpoint well taken. C) Your cred. as a prolific skeptic of sorts adds nothing but a valuable authenticity to this situation. With you and the likes of David Biedny and J. Allen Hynek and many noted others involved in the past and present and future can only yield a qualified and quantified package of scrutinized and laboriously studied material. Thank you and best objective foot forward in your ventures concerning Dorothy and all else.

Breadfan - Beyond your obvious bashing of topics paranormal (I studied your profile and some other places you have been on the net. I am government security! I like to know things about whom I am to have a repartee with.) and seemingly disinformant nature of your banter, is something I fear far more pathological and warrants a closer study. I myself will respond to you this one last time and beyond that I will not give you a second glance. I can truly appreciate a skeptical mind and even a debunking mindset when the information is presented in a obviously studied and intellectual manner. You sir have presented to nowhere on this site any such material. Well done if your intent was to come across as an angry fundamentalist of some sort with a personal fear of Human Potential, expansion and change or are simply entertained by the sophomoric need for any attention positive or negative by throwing ignorance-based statements into threads of many kinds (and many sites!) willy-nilly. Sad that you can't look at all of the material given here with an objective indifference and formulate an educated hypothesis to be dolled out in an equally educated and cathartic approach. Pity. I always enjoy meeting other viewpoints and applaud their originality and depth when they are....Human.

Sincerely,

Erik

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What a pleasant surprise to see this new thread on Dorothy Izatts' films and it's good to see that her extraordinary body of work is finally getting the attention that it deserves!

There are many of us out there who also getting some extraordinary results in this area too... but none, including my own, match up to anything that's showing in Dorothy's films. I'm completely in awe of this person to say the least! I find her work very inspiring and I also admire her attitude towards those who can't believe for one reason or another that what's being shown in her movies are REAL. Lol, I certainly can relate to that one! And when that does happen, she simply shrugs and says -- "that's their problem, not mine". This is how I am too. And like Dorothy, I also feel compelled to show my material because there's that strong sense that this is what we are supposed to do... show it to the public. In other words, this is what "they" want us to do.

Anyway, I'm just thankful that there's someone like Dorothy that's out there who has been recording extraordinary phenomena for many years now because for people like myself, I don't feel like such an oddity especially when it comes to getting anomalous images of beings who do not look like they are of our dimension.

I look forward to seeing some more of her video's as time goes by. I think at this point we've only scratched the surface and that there's much more to come!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Thank you. I've been waiting for this thread, and others of like mind to discuss it. I would have started it earlier, but the time wasn't right. People needed to see it, and that took a little time.

I believe you are very correct, and lucky you to have been in contact with the lovely Dorothy Izatt.

She says it best in the video. "I'm just showing you what I've seen, I don't care what others think." "Take it or leave it." (Paraphrase.)

Some will attack the video before they have even seen it. I'm sorry for that. But, I believe that was inevitable. She spent years gathering her evidence, so that she wouldn't have to take that kind of abuse.

I joined her forum today, and would really love to hear her take on the Stephenville video footage. I too don't want this woman harassed. So I'll wait to hear back from you before I ask the same questions.

In my opinion she is the real deal.

Please share what you find out. Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
Hey guys quit laughing and dissing this poor nice little lady. I have found the Unexplained Mysteries special on Dorothy of Youtube. Watch it and learn how she became in contact with these UFO.

Nice lady, and I think I will buy her dvd. I see no harm in spending some extra cash to help her out. Some of you are simply mean.

Anyway,

Video Part One

Video Part Two

thanks for posting that video...

there is some excellent footage in that video of ufo's she has seen and some more eye witness testimony.

i found this

www.tv.com...
UFO Hunters Episode Guide - UFO Hunters Season Episodes - TV.com

if you scroll down to #11 you will see that the ufo hunters are going to do a show on dorothy...4-16-2008

should be interesting

[edit on 23-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow! That's wonderful that UFO Hunters doing a segment on her!!
Can't wait to see that!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Outstanding post easynow. I just marked my calender. Thank you for this great find.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

it will be interesting to see how they approach it and what they conclude from their investigation.

seems like dorothy is more popular than ever lately

ill be keeping an eye out for that show.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

hey no problem...

i was just checking to make sure it was the ufo hunters on the history channel and it is.

i went to the history channel website but it wont let me look that far into the program scedule...wanted to double check

but anyways according to that tv.com page it's slated to be aired.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think it's very important for the UFO community to analyze Dorothy's work and to attempt to understand who and what these beings are who are communicating to her.

From there perhaps researchers, especially proponents of the "Nuts and Bolts" UFO viewpoint, will allow themselves to appreciate those paranormal aspects of the UFO phenomenon unlike ever before. Too many adherents of this viewpoint are too closed minded now to look at things in a more comprehensive manner and IMHO, I think this is very unfortunate.

A close evaluation of Dorothy's work will show that there's much more to UFOs than what they are primarily focusing on now. It's all about denying ignorance. Some researchers need to take off their blinders and do some reality checks.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

have you listened to the ATS podcast of her interview ?

if i remember correctly she was saying that she has had communications with these aliens and that there were families of them in those ships.

i am gonna have to listen to it again... i was multitasking when i listened to it

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wow!

Thanks again everyone, for all of this information! I had no idea what kind of can of worms I opened when I started this thread. Again, this stems from an interest that I took in the case after seeing her on an Episode of "Sightings" in the early Nineties. Dorothy was compelling then and even more compelling now. Easy and Seawolf, you are both indispensable sources of poignant info on this topic. Thank you both.

Deep Bows of Recognition,

Erik

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've listened to it twice and will listen to it again! Amazing about those families! Simply amazing!
She also talked about a lot things that were not even mentioned in her book... very good podcast and J.A. did a great job hosting it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join