It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Dorothy Izatt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was listening to the March 2nd podcast of the Paracast with Gene Steinberg and David Biedny, about this amazing elderly woman named Dorothy

Izatt. If I'm not mistaken, I think that this is the same woman that was featured on a small spot on a Fox Television Program of the early '90's called "Sightings". I also see that this woman is no stranger as a topic on this site.

What I did find intriguing however, was that there is the potential for a sequel to the video made by Director Frank Longo and Dr. Peter Gutilla called Capturing the Light. What made that even more compelling was the fact that David Biedny offered his services as a verifier of all the photographic evidence gathered and that maybe she could be persuaded to use equipment other than that of her normal Super 8 camera such as something digital and high def.

I think that this woman is possibly the single most important known source of this kind of information. She has amassed, with the suggestive guidance of the late J. Allen Hynek, upwards of 30,000 feet of exposed film. It desperately needs to be preserved, archived and studied and the fact that she is finally getting this attention couldn't happen too soon. Dorothy is currently 86 years old and her family is understandably extremely cautious of a lot of straining activity. It seems though, that she is ready to get the information out for posterity sake.

I really do feel that this case, if not simply for the sheer volume and body of work that Dorothy has created (not to mention that so far all of her work has been authenticated and labeled as a real phenomenon) is irrevocably imperative and paramount to the field of UFOology. I feel this is the very Holy Grail many such researchers have been seeking all along. My hope is that the likes of Jacque Vallee himself and maybe Dr. Bruce Maccabee will get involved before this living gem leaves this world.

If anybody on this forum has any further information concerning Dorothy and her magnificient experiences, please, please, please post them for all to read. This really is an iconic case in every way as Dorothy's character of full of innocent integrity and is practically flawless as a witness and gatherer of information. If you are unfamiliar with her case, listen to the podcast above and I am sure you will be convinced.

Happy Hunting,

Erik

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

good thread redwoodjedi ,

i remember seeing this lady back in the 90's and was amazed with her story.
when i saw the blurry light photo's that she had , it made me wonder if she was just maybe not using the camera correctly or something ?...lol well anyways glad you bought this up again because i think it is definately worthy of a another look and i cant believe nobody has replied to this thread.

I really do feel that this case, if not simply for the sheer volume and body of work that Dorothy has created (not to mention that so far all of her work has been authenticated and labeled as a real phenomenon) is irrevocably imperative and paramount to the field of UFOology. I feel this is the very Holy Grail many such researchers have been seeking all along. My hope is that the likes of Jacque Vallee himself and maybe Dr. Bruce Maccabee will get involved before this living gem leaves this world.

excellent overview imho...and i completely agree with you.

this photo is really interesting and looks like somekind of ship ?

what was really freaky was the pictures of aliens she has...dont know for sure but they look very convincing to me.

www.manari.ca...
Manari index page

www.anomalia.org...
Seres de Dorothy

looks a little like Aleister Crowley's entity that he claimed to have contacted ?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 24-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hey I see you already linked Daves Mix with Dorothy.

I did get her video, and it was amazing.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

glad we have someone that has seen the video

is it the latest video ?....can you describe anything significant that was in it ?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Actually, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a discussion on the contents of the video.

There was something very familiar to me on that video. Like I had seen it before.

She has so many pictures, and films of these light beings. They call to her by buzzing the top of her head. She takes her camera outside, and they line up. A bunch of orbs, and sometimes ships. There is a little scout orb that moves to a spot to focus her camera, and then all of the sudden: Bang! The all flash. The light goes everywhere like worms.

The first time I saw them line up, I knew instinctively they where going to flash.

Anyway, when the team comes to film the documentary, Dorothy calls on the light being to come, and they do.

This video is almost impossible to debunk, and all the experts say the same.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

thanks for your reply,

Actually, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a discussion on the contents of the video.

yes i am surprised also...maybe some more people that have seen this will chime in ? i guess i really need to order a copy for myself but i would love to hear from a couple more people about it.

She has so many pictures, and films of these light beings. They call to her by buzzing the top of her head. She takes her camera outside, and they line up. A bunch of orbs, and sometimes ships. There is a little scout orb that moves to a spot to focus her camera, and then all of the sudden: Bang! The all flash. The light goes everywhere like worms.

WOW... sure would love to see that in person. question is is she the only one that witnesses this happening ?

Anyway, when the team comes to film the documentary, Dorothy calls on the light being to come, and they do.

i was reading that she had some kind of mental communication with them and has asked them questions and such. hmmm...

This video is almost impossible to debunk, and all the experts say the same.

glad to hear that...i found some expert testimony that talks about her and her quality's

I have had the privilege and pleasure of being associated with Dorothy for a period of twenty five years. This very unique and modest lady has never ceased to astonish me with her abilities. The majority of those who know her are aware of the paranormal filming abilities that she possesses. They generally are unaware of her other remarkable psychic abilities.

Michael Strainic - Canadian National Director MUFON Canada / Mutual UFO Network, Inc.

Dorothy Izatt can be most annoying.

Now, in case you're wondering how such a gentle, kind and soft-spoken person could possibly be annoying in any possible way, just consider what Dorothy does and how she does it. If you happen to be a professional debunker, a rabid skeptic or simply a complete disbeliever in All Things Strange, then Dorothy can present a real problem to your chosen belief system. Dorothy produces evidence. Hard evidence. Over and over again. Evidence that has been so far unassailable, and that is something that the nay-sayers do not like at all. And that is probably why no-one has really attempted to discredit her work. They can't.

www.manari.ca...
The Experts

these kind of pictures that i viewed back in the nineties made me think she was just having camera blur of somekind and because of it i kinda dropped this whole thing because of it. but looking closer i now realize what you were saying about the lights and how they burst into this...

another interesting photo were she claims aliens are coming out of a ship ?

Photograph taken September 6th, 1986, 8:30 p.m.

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada.

Three UFOnauts coming out of ship. First one is already out of ship, second one you can see head and shoulders and third one you can only see head.

The ship is in darkness, only the aliens are illuminated.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hey Easy - The disc pic you posted was a bit reminiscent of some of the massive discs seen on the controversial tether video of STS 75. A sort of blend between the "old school" Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider and one of these disc entities from the shuttle video. It has that same organic "feel" to it. Like the craft itself is a living entity. I'm not too quick to say whether or not they are extraterrestrial in origin as these things look like they could be just as at home in an aquatic environment as aerial. I am very careful to make no assessment as to where, when or what they come from let alone why. As a general notation from an objective viewpoint, we really aren't any closer to explaining this phenomenon today than we were in it's heyday fifty-sixty years ago. Dorothy I think, is most certainly a vital and integral key to truly begin making any sense from multi-perspectival understanding of this. Her evidence is irrefutable, her character is of the utmost integrity, and her natural folly or childlike nature towards all of this is imbued with an innocence most of us have long since lost. If for no other reason, I find this unique combination of traits/activities the most mind boggling of all. To have all of these events and relevant participants culminate seemingly into the unlikely scenarios that have repeated themselves again and again is in itself a study worth pursuing. UFO's or not, the situation is nothing less than awe inspiring.

Seawolf - I too thought that the squiggliness of the lights in Dorothy's captures were a misuse of camera...at first. What hasn't been mentioned in this thread as of yet is the fact that you are looking at one frame of a Super 8 Camera capture. Bear with me. The significance of this statement is that Super 8 shoots at 18 frames/sec.. There is never any bleed-over of these light bursts of movement onto any of the adjacent frames in Dorothy's captures. There is simply the stillness of the image with minimal movement and then, quite suddenly, a burst or dance if you will, of movement and light. Impossible. No human can recreate this anomaly using the same technology that Dorothy is. None. Let that sink in. This, by our current collective rationale of thought processes and scientific understanding, is impossible. Yeah. Now try to sleep at night.

Thank you both for your valuable input. Seawolf, I am envious of you in that you have seen this documentary. Mine is in the mail. I only just heard about it on the Paracast. I do have the old Sightings episode afforementioned by my person recorded onto VHS. Fascinating. 3 decades of perfect and consistent gathering of humbling information.

We as a species are in it far deeper than we know. Maybe deeper than we can ever know. Yet it is in our inherent nature to seek what we do not understand. What hides under the next Cosmic Rock?....

Erik

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Basically she uses only 8mm film at 18 frames per second. All those lights happen in only one frame each time.

Three light beings came to her one night in her room. They just appeared and told her not to be afraid. They said they had come to let us all know that we are all connected throughout the Universe, and we are in different dimensions. What we do here deeply affects others. She said we are them in different form and dimension. She said they told her we are really messing up bad, and we had to stop. They told her the vale between our worlds has become thinner, and if it tears, we will either go spilling into their world, or they will come spilling into ours. Either way it would be very bad for the Universe.

She is not the only one who's seen them. One day she got the call, and her daughter was asked if she wanted to see them, so she went outside saw them for the first time.

During the filming of the documentary the were interviewing the daughter about it, and one flew right into view out the kitchen window. Dorothy said she put out the call for them to show themselves and they did. The family freaks out when they see the tape, because there was no way possible to explain any other way that could have happened based on where they live.

I would love it if Skeptic O could get her video into the premium section.

I would love for the debunkers her at ATS try and explain away her proof.

Personally, the lights in Stevensville TX(sp) look almost identical to some of the images on her video. I've brought it up on a few threads, but since nobody has seen the video, they don't pay it much attention.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

thanks for the reply ,

i did think about the dropa looking ufo's... but felt that they were not really similar enough to make the connection. imo

but i did come across this

Stehpensville light's ...Texas UFO pics

and then compared to dorothy's they seem to have some similarities imo

this was discussed in this thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes
Stephenville lights - Dorothy Izatt and the moon, page 1

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

thanks for your reply,

i did notice the texas ufo similarities , and there are others that i am going to look into.

my question for you is about the video,

i did read in this thread that most of the video was testimonial...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Capturing The Light DVD, page 4

is there any new pictures or video ...in this new film that specifically shows any well defined craft...or is it mostly lights and orb kinda stuff ?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You know what? I think someone should just e mail Dorothy and ask her opinion about the TX lights. They have a forum at capturingthelightdvd.com

I would be willing to bet ATS points that she would say that they are light beings.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

well sounds like a good idea ,

question is will she be just speculating like we are ....or will she be able to recognize something specific ?

i would also like to ask her about James Gilliland...she seems to be on the same page as him as far as i can tell

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure about speculation in her case.

She has a level of expertise that is insurmountable. She has been filming these things for thirty years.

I just signed up in their forum under the screen name Twinkle. I'm going to work to see if I can get some video of Stephensville in front of her, and get an opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hello and thank you fellas for the wonderful information this thread is generating thus far. Very important I think. I apologize firstly for the off hand tie-in to the STS 75 similarities, Easy. It was just that, off hand and spontaneous. And secondly I apologize for the apparent lethargic nature of my responses. I am doing this on dial-up at a head-spinning 28.8 kbps! Whoooosh!

As for the Stephenville, Texas similarities, you both might be interested in the March 16th episode of The Paracast. They interview pilot and UFO researcher Don Ledger concerning this compelling case. I cannot help the constant reference to this program but Gene and David seem to have their fingers on the pulse of this phenomena and do so in the most intelligent and unforgiving manner. A great episode btw and it yields a few little nuggets you guys might be looking for.

Erik

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

well i found some other pics worthy of comparison imo ,

these photo's are on Gillilands site

Unknown streaking light. Photo by James Gilliland.

These two photos were taken in 1999 by Rhonda Rose. She filmed this near the Columbia River, close to Hood River, Oregon, just 20 miles down the hill from the Sattva Sanctuary.

www.eceti.org...
UFO and Orb Photos

now there are plenty of people that can reproduce these effects with long exposures and photoshop technics...but with dorothy's photo's they have been proven imo to be real and not fabricated somehow.

i find it extremely interesting that the Izatt photo's and the stephensville photo's and Gilliland's photo's are very similar

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hey thanks for those. I see what you mean. I was just looking at some of Gilliland's stuff on the link you provided, only I had Googled it before you posted. As an aside, I too just joined the Capturing the Light forum under the same user name. It was there that I saw Gilliland's name listed in the upcoming shows or events category. I can't wait to see this documentary. Until then, I will have to be satisfied with the trailers and my staticy VHS copied "Sightings" footage from about 15 years ago. Oh well. Patience is a uh....um.....something. I wished I had thought about starting this thread somewhere sooner. The info seems to be out there and wanting to cohese as if the info itself is intelligent and sentient. Bizarre.

Thanks again Seawolf!

Erik

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
I'm not sure about speculation in her case.

She has a level of expertise that is insurmountable. She has been filming these things for thirty years.

I just signed up in their forum under the screen name Twinkle. I'm going to work to see if I can get some video of Stephensville in front of her, and get an opinion.

well i wish you luck and will be waiting to see what you find out !

what i meant about speculation on her part was that she didnt film those photo's and it will be interesting to see what she thinks of them

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok. so I actually need to pay for the video of some old ladie claiming to be capturing aliens on her 8mm camera?

And what's with the arrows inside the pictures describing us what we see?
I mean, what would we be thinking if those arrows weren't there? Crappy, unrecognizable photo?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And here comes the one million dollars question: why would the advanced aliens of all people on this planet, want to contact some weird old lady by buzzing her head so she can get out on the balcony and tape them so we can analyse those blurry images and pay for the video which is also full of blurry images?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Hello Breadfan -

The point of these crappy unrecognizable photos as you so eloquently put it, is that with the technology this "old lady" is using, it is impossible to hoax the material she has gathered. If you had gleened the entirety and deeper insinuation of this thread, (this happens by reading it) you would see that again that these are one frame grabs in a Super 8 capture; 1/18th of a second. The frames on either side of said frame have no bleed-over of image of again, same said frame. This is impossible. You think not? Try it. If you can do it, you have just made Dorothy Izatt null, mute and void. You see Breadfan, the most amazing factor of legitimacy to her captures is her somewhat archaic use of technology. No Photoshop. No double exposures. No chicanery of any kind. They have already been authenticated by David Biedny (Photoshop expert and ex employee of Industrial Light and Magic, co-host of the Paracast) and I believe Dr. Bruce Maccabee. I wouldn't quote me on that last one. If you can top these scrutinous credentials, there are thousands eager to hear, touch and see your imminent results. Proof is in the pudding. We are beyond questioning Dorothy's integrity and authenticity here. Those are no longer an issue. We now explore the deeper issues and messages at hand concerning this case. These being the why's and the many, many, many how's of the phenomenon. Does this bring any validity to the scope of your imploring as blunt as it was, Breadfan?

Hoping so,

Erik

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join