It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no civilisation on mars. Period.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by themillersdaughter

I'm here to prove there's Life on Mars with pics from the rovers.I designed the numero uno first drawings of the Mars rovers in 1987.I put pen to paper to put metal machines on Mars to probe for Life. Viking landers found Life,but Nasa hushed it up.Dr Levin was sabotaged and that is a crime against scientific truth discovery,since other scientists use then false assumptions in designing and targeting new experiment.It's like dropping poison in soup for your guests.Contaminated data,false reports,deception.Sounds like religion,but seriously folks. The people look like us and wear clothes,and animals are highly evolved and visit the rovers for 4 years(both rovers) like a tourist attraction.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The ignorance of people who believe there are actually beings living on Mars frightens me. These are the kind of people who could be manipulated to do great evil in the world. Scientists have a good understanding of Mars now and they are not lying. No trees. No cheese. No green men.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

Clearly, because advanced civilizations would use something as idiotic as radio signals. Do you have any idea how much sound pollution we have/and still do cause in our solar system - and beyond ?

Everything we have ever broadcast, and everything waiting to be broadcast is equivalent of spewing tons of oil into the sea. Too bad we havent realised that yet, and continue to make a noise like a crying baby who wont be silenced.

Having neither a firm opinion for or against a Mars civilization, can I just say that, your opinion of it being BS based on the theory there's no radio or tv signals is about as useful as trying to take a leak into a strong wind.

Perhaps you should listen to people who have studied the Mars phenomenon a little more, you never know how much you dont know.
People always cry "cover-up! cover-up!" - there's a reason for the cover-up, people are not ready to know even a part-truth about what is really going on. Allbeit an amazing, eye opening, illuminating revelation - the majority of people or "average joe's" are simply not ready for it. And the people doing the "cover-up" need these people to have straight heads, otherwise who is going to fuel the economy that is needed in order for us to carry on living ? - unfortunately they are planning on scoring big out of all of this, as we move into the NWO - they want to ensure they are the founding fathers, setting in stone their estates and future estates for their future generations.

j

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
The ignorance of people who believe there are actually beings living on Mars frightens me. These are the kind of people who could be manipulated to do great evil in the world.

Dude, I think you've gone a little far with that statement! Perhaps your just a little bit paranoid me thinks

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Dude, I have absolutely no idea what those pictures are, you're going to need to either have better pics, or explain to us diagramatically what on earth you're claiming is in them.

J

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think the same when I see someone say that there is life on there only because if there was there would be more signs then just a barren wasteland and in the middle a block that looks like a door or a "forest" if they were advanced and living there I think you wouldnt be able to show any pictures because there would be signs of life where ever you looked. Some say thats because they live underground? I dont think so either. Now maybe I could beleive they would setup some type of outpost there on their way here but to say there is a civilization there now I dont believe it. Thats not to say I hope that Im right cause I actually hope I am and that they will disclose it soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
unless laws of physics are different on mars, any advanced technological civilizations living on that red ball of iron would surely have played with electromagnetic wave frequencies just like our scientists did. and eventually come up with the great means of communication we call radio

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

I do listen to them. They are the scientists at NASA and ESA. They don't lie. Even if NASA and ESA tried to cover something up , they couldn't do it, there's just to many people in space progamm that would know about it. A cover up by ESA would require a lot of different european goverments to hide something (not only one like in the US) which is virtually impossible.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm not being intentionally obtuse, really. I just don't understand the pictures you are sharing with us.. "Mars Baby"? Where? It looks like a pile of bricks. The interesting female-like figure? I saw that one on a website yesterday purporting it to be a "snake mother"...I'm still unsure what makes it a mother (or a snake)...where's the baby? The website in question even had a "solarized" version of the picture intended to indicate her last meal (within her body)! I like Photoshop's features as well as anybody...but I don't think it means I have an implant in my head if the "solarization" highlights the sweat on my brow (another contention of the website).

I have no idea if there is life on Mars and the coral reference could prove there WAS life on Mars as coral is a string of living polyps strung together that over time excrete the substance that make the coral (I think!).

Your pictures, while interesting, don't necessarily prove life (well, not to me). I live near Old Man's Cave in Ohio....the rock formation looks just like the profile of a man. Indigenous peoples did in fact live there...there are artifacts to prove the fact. But the rock is not, and never was, an actual old man...it's just an interesting geological formation.

If you have pictures of Martians...(and the clothes they wear) which would PROVE the existence of life on Mars...I know I'm not the only one that would love to see them. On the other hand, I've seen lots of pictures with shading that look l(kinda, sorta) like examples of life, but COULD only be shadows.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"There is no civilisation on mars. Period."

The funny thing is is that martians also say this;
"There is no civilisation on Earth. Too much oxygen to support life. If there was, they would be here by now. Some other martians say they saw UFO Mars rovers flying from the air, but I'm skeptical and still don't see the proof."

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, as for radio communications, our species (at least in our current civilization) only discovered radio's existence 120 years ago. It is entirely possible any Martian civilization moved away from radio as a primary means of long-distance communication as recently as that. Possible, however, is not the same as probable.

Mars not only has little atmosphere, it also lacks something absolutely necessary to "advanced" life as we know it: A magnetic field.

Mars is geologically dead, or at least dead enough that there is no magnetic field to shield the surface from solar and cosmic radiation. Life on Earth would not, and could not (according to current knowledge), survive without this essential feature. Indications are that Mars has been dead a very long time: I've seen estimates as far back as four billion years for the time Mars' internal dynamo shut down. Now it is possible for microbial life to form and survive; microbes have been found on Earth in the most unlikely of places (fumeroles are one such place) but advanced life, as we know it today, is unlikely to survive, let alone thrive, in an environment without a magnetic field for protection.

Now: Does this mean there is no life on Mars? No. Primitive life could very well exist. Life-forms we can only speculate about may exist. It IS possible, however unlikely, that advanced life or a civilization might exist or has existed in the past--but such a civilization would, if it exists, probably NOT be indigenous, for the reason that Mars likely "shut down" as a harbor for advanced life to evolve at around the same time Earth was just beginning to harbor the first signs of microbial life. Mars, for all intents and purposes, is a "failed Earth", a planet that just didn't make it quite far enough to harbor intelligent life as we know it.

Did an advanced civilization live there in the past? Maybe. Not likely.

Does an advanced civilization live there now? Maybe. Not likely.

The only way to answer these questions definitively is to go there. I think most of us here are under the assumption NASA is not entirely trustworthy when it comes to disclosure of their discoveries (I am, certainly) so a privately-funded effort would probably be necessary. Such is currently outside the capabilities of any individual or group that is honest enough to tell the truth (I live by the assumption, based on experience and study, that developing the resources and power to accomplish such a mission is impossible through honest means, thus any who have said resources are inherently dishonest). If someone COULD do it we'd probably learn a whole lot about our solar system than the public could ever dream of. Then again, for one reason or another, such a private expedition would likely be stopped by the PTB before it got off the ground-or sabotaged to prevent the mission from being completed.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202
I do listen to them. They are the scientists at NASA and ESA. They don't lie. Even if NASA and ESA tried to cover something up , they couldn't do it, there's just to many people in space progamm that would know about it. A cover up by ESA would require a lot of different european goverments to hide something (not only one like in the US) which is virtually impossible.

They sure go a long way to try and "mundanely" explain the UFOs captured on camera by the Shuttle. Ice crystals and debris with no internal power source or method of thrust generation don't make instant changes in direction in outer space.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Not sure what those pictures even are supposed to show. Blurry images? Then you did indeed show us something. Martians? Not so much. At least to these untrained eyes.

No way could NASA or the other international space agencies keep something of the magnitude of life on Mars secret. Seriously, they couldn't cover up O-ring failures, what makes you think they could hide evidence of life on Mars?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Not sure what those pictures even are supposed to show. Blurry images? Then you did indeed show us something. Martians? Not so much. At least to these untrained eyes.

I'm with you there. I used to think Hoagland had something but then he started going all multi-dimensional with physics models waaaay over my head (or anyone else's I know) plus he posted far too many of these kinds of photos that were open to too much interpretation. I'm not sure what to think of him now.

No way could NASA or the other international space agencies keep something of the magnitude of life on Mars secret. Seriously, they couldn't cover up O-ring failures, what makes you think they could hide evidence of life on Mars?

You're comparing apples and oranges. The Challenger disaster was of such magnitude that the public demanded answers, and NASA eventually had no choice but to tell the truth. As for life on Mars, most Americans frankly don't give a #, at least not enough to demand truth. They probably wouldn't get the truth anyway. Hell, Gordon Cooper, one of the first (known; I suspect there's something to the claims of a secret space program) American astronauts and an American hero, stated UFOs were real and that he had seen them--yet the media didn't cover it, and the majority of the public doesn't care enough to look it up. They have bills to pay, work to do, mouths to feed, and hey-American Idol's on. Why should they really care if there's life on Mars or not? If Faux News or CNN didn't say it it didn't happen. That's why the UFO riddle can NOT be solved by UFOlogy; only when there's the proverbial "landing on the White House lawn" covered by all the major news networks will the public really give a damn.

Besides that, NASA's policy toward disclosure of proof of extraterrestrial life (especially "intelligent" life) is well-known, they work according to the same policy as the US Military in this regard. It's a national security issue and they're not allowed to talk about it. I would also expect that if the so-called "secret space program" really exists it gets first crack at the incoming data from NASA probes and expeditions, "filtering" everything so they can keep those damn scientists from mucking up the works. If the Bush administration can bury NASA reports on global warming, they can sure as Hell hide this--especially when most people don't care enough about it to want the truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Any species/civilization that exploits and exhausts it's resources, including it's own members - to the point of extinction - can not be considered sufficiently evolved to be judged "enlightened."

Originally posted by MrPenny
There's no evidence that we aren't the reigning species in this solar system.

And "you can't prove a negative." :shk:

The human species has managed to infest one rock to such a degree that of all this planet's other species and resources are threatened.

Meanwhile, accepted by most as general knowledge, this same species has managed to throw a few instruments off world.

An apt analogy would be a soiled, spoiled, self-involved infant tossing it's toys out of it's playpen, and thinking it's the ruler of all it surveys.

Laughable on one level and sadly pathetic on another.

Any system that can not exist within it's limits is ill prepared to prosper.

And until it can master sustained development and be in harmony with the scope of it's resources, it is doomed to fail.

Under the Kardashev scale, the "reigning" species on this blue marble has yet to attain the level of sophistication to even be considered a Type One civilization.

To posit that they are the reigning species in the entire solar system is arrogantly presumptuous at best.

If nothing else, vze2xjjk, your posts are always very colorful and entertaining.

Are you sure you're not a disinfo agent?

What are you trying to show us in your images?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That's because the civilization isn't on Mars, it resides within Inner Mars. Our government btw (this is totally off topic) does indeed have a base on Mars including a Jumproom from and to Earth. This information coming from a Black Ops official who has come clean to an individual named David Wilcock who has been informed of all this.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

I understand your logical statements here. I will be honest, though I have seen a ton of 'interesting' discussions on this topic, that I will always hold out hope that there was/is life there.

Now, when you simply state why haven't we received radio signals and such? Well, let me ask you this first. What if the civilization is simply that of our own kind? Established bases and such. Same radio signals. Same type of signals.

Now, would anyone listening to the radio signals of space think anything of it if they heard what they thought were earth originating signals simply because they are of human speech and such?

Just my two cents on this ever talked about subject. I just like to try and throw in a different angle once in a while.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They sure go a long way to try and "mundanely" explain the UFOs captured on camera by the Shuttle. Ice crystals and debris with no internal power source or method of thrust generation don't make instant changes in direction in outer space.

They have to, because if they say "well....we don't know" you're going to have all those conspiracy people on the forums saying that NASA is trying to hide UFOs etc.

Ice crystals can change direction when the thrusters of the shuttle are fired. Debris can collide with other debris (which we might not see if it's to small or not illuminated) causing it to change direction.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Your post brings up a philosophical question I think is valid in the context of this conversation:

Is it even possible for intelligent life-forms, at least the ones capable of industrialization, understanding and forming economies, understanding money and power, etc. (basically, just like us), to overcome the base greed, fear, and lust for power that plagues our frail human nature and reach out in a true spirit of exploration and peace--or is such a society doomed to be run by the greedy, the wealthy, those who hoard power, to the point of either self-destruction or a need to reach out into the universe in order to plunder its resources? Maybe I should start a new thread on this, if it hasn't been done already...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Any species/civilization that exploits and exhausts it's resources, including it's own members - to the point of extinction - can not be considered sufficiently evolved to be judged "enlightened."

Says you. Empirical data shows that what is occurring here on Earth, is the norm. You're making a comparative statement with utterly nothing to compare to. Pure, wishful, conjecture. It may very well be exactly what we're supposed to do; otherwise, what incentive is there to get off this rock and expand?

There is nothing to show that what is occurring here hasn't been occurring, is still occurring, and will continue to occur everywhere in the Universe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join