It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no civilisation on mars. Period.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just thought of something....

Lets say there were an advanced Civ on mars before our time here on earth.
Also they were about as advanced as we are today, but had the same problems with wars, and in the end destroyed eachother.

And if that happened like millions and millions of years ago, would we see anything of that there today?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Exactly! There IS no (not there WAS) civilisation on mars. This is what I've been saying the whole time, that there isn't a civilisation on mars...I don't know if there ever WAS a civi on mars.

And if they destroyed each other millions of years ago, we wouldn't see anything left behind by them. Still people are always talking about geometric shapes on mars etc.!

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. They could use different methods to make the signals hard to detect. Also, maybe some people have detected signals, but are keeping quiet about it.

In this case it is. If they used radio signals, there would be no way to prevent us from picking them up. (Why would they make them hard to detect, if they are so advanced that they can do that, they shouldn't have to worry about us)

Why would anyone keep it quiet if he/she picked up radio signals from mars?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by redshirt0202]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We are a young, brutal and primitive species, who can't even begin to find a solution to our own short-sighted need to exploit and destroy everything we touch.

Monitoring our electromagnetic communications since their inception, why on Mars would any intelligent, advanced civilization harbor a desire to answer back?

And for that matter, their thermal signature, or any other possible radiance as a result of their submartian existence, could theoretically be in tune with their environment to such a degree as to be virtually indistinguishable from the prevailing background "noise."

We limit our interpretation of what could be by attempting to define the possibilities in terms of what we think we know.

And what we know to be pales, in comparison to what we have yet to learn.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Monitoring our electromagnetic communications since their inception, why on Mars would any intelligent, advanced civilization harbor a desire to answer back?

No one's talking about them answering back, but about them talking to each other. And who says that IF there are intelligent beeings on mars that they are all peacefull and smile all day long, maybe they (would) have the same problems as we do.

They might invade our planet like Bush invaded Iraq.

And for that matter, their thermal signature, or any other possible radiance as a result of their submartian existence, could theoretically be in tune with their environment to such a degree as to be virtually indistinguishable from the prevailing background "noise."

point taken.

We limit our interpretation of what could be by attempting to define the possibilities in terms of what we think we know.

Well said,Sir, well said.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I agree that there is no civilization on Mars. That there could have been in the past...well, that's a much more open subject at least! But even that, I'm skeptical of. I find the hypothesis of modern Mars/Moon civilizations pretty out there too. The resources and infallible cooperation needed of all parties to keep this a secret would be virtually impossible if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202
Last but not least, if the martians are dead now since a few million years or if they are indeed only made of pure energy, it would be stupid to look for geometric shapes on mars, wouldn't it? And that's what I was criticising in the first place.

Yes i agree with you on this matter. Especially the hype that surrounded the rock-formation which even mainstream media was touting as a possible alien despite the fact that its perspective means it was about half a foot tall.

That said, we don't even know what lies at the bottom of our own oceans, so we certainly shouldnt rule out the possibility of there being a civilization on mars. Its unlikely yes, but we have nothing to gain from ruling out possibilities when they are in the realms of the unknown at this point.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

We are a young, brutal and primitive species,

I reversed your text's context for a reason. Are we a young, brutal, and primitive species? What are you comparing us too? A fictional "Star Trek" like image of extraterrestrial species? Or mountain gorillas?

There's no evidence that we aren't the reigning species in this solar system.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202
Exactly! There IS no (not there WAS) civilisation on mars. This is what I've been saying the whole time

And the whole time we've failed to be convinced otherwise.

It's not like people are subscribing to the belief that there are aliens on Mars... but we know for a fact that water did exist on the planet and that microbial evidence probably exists...

Why make such a tired argument? Yes, there is life on Mars. Water itself is a sign of life to me... and the fact that Mars has river formations is enough to suggest that H2O was giving Oxygen to the environment : thus it could easily have and PROBABLY did support life.

For all we know, there are bases on Mars. There are people. There is civilization. The only person we can get information from is NASA who has been proven again and again to cover things up.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If there's no advanced civilization on Mars, where did Uncle Martin come from? Hmmm? Answer me that...

There is no real evidence of any such thing, and I seriously doubt something as Earth shattering as that, as mind blowing as that, could be hidden. Even by those dastardly nogoodniks at NASA. It would be cool if some evidence would show itself, if only to watch the headless chicken dance...

[edit on 3/17/2008 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The only person we can get information from is NASA

your forgot about ESA they have mars express a very capable spacecraft.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

For all we know, there are bases on Mars. There are people. There is civilization.

For all we know? I hope you have some damn good evidence to support that view and I'm not talking geometric compression artifacts, I mean evidence.

The only person we can get information from is NASA who has been proven again and again to cover things up.

Cover up what exactly? THIS I really want to know

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

Just a thought about how "they" may have or do, or whatever, communicate with each other(assuming existence at some point) and why we can't intercept those communications, what about telepathy? Doubt we'd be able to find that signal.

I'm still on the fence over this whole issue, but upon a little further thought, I lean towards there being an ancient civilization on Mars, but nothing current. Heck, seeing as how humans seem to be "out of place" on earth, what with our constant destruction of our own dang planet, maybe we are them and we are doing what they did to Mars to earth and in a few million years, Earth will be Mars 2.

(I use they for the hypothetical civilization that may or may not have existed on Mars)

I hope we get some real answers in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i find it weird that wenever people talk about picking up signals from ET, it always comes under 'radio' signals. who says its goin to be a radio signal? why cant it be some other kind of signal that our technologoy cant decode? or maybe we just cant detect their signals like the way stealth bombers cant be picked up on radar..

god no wonder SETI are still twiddling their thumbs

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Gillies]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Maybe the Martian radio signals are in the Martian language and we just interpret it as static or background emissions. It's not that they aren't sending; We're just not able to decipher their signals. Check out the static on SW band sometime. Sounds like Mars to me, Or maybe signals from
Uranus.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Did anyone else watch "Aftermath: Population Zero"? I think there was also another show like it not too long ago. Basically it shows what would happen if all of humanity were to suddenly disappear, and showed how long it would take for our monuments and buildings to crumble (not very long btw), and how in only centuries there would be very little sign of an intelligent society having lived there. So, I think its entirely plausible that there could have been intelligent life on Mars as little as a millenia ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There are people on Mars who look like us and wear clothes.There are also many advanced animals that coexist.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

What am I supposed to be seeing in those pics? All I see is different coloured static

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gillies
i find it weird that wenever people talk about picking up signals from ET, it always comes under 'radio' signals. who says its goin to be a radio signal? why cant it be some other kind of signal that our technologoy cant decode? or maybe we just cant detect their signals like the way stealth bombers cant be picked up on radar..

god no wonder SETI are still twiddling their thumbs

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Gillies]

I find it weird when talking about the theoretical presence of alien civilization in the solar system proponents always have a never ending list of reasons why we can't detect them...We don't detect radio signals because they use telepathy. We cant detect a heat signature because they adjust to the ambient background heat, rendering them invisible. We don't see their buildings because they live underground. We don't see signs of movement because they're made of pure energy, not matter. I'm all about keeping an open mind guys, really I am, but to DENY IGNORANCE does not mean to BELIEVE EVERYTHING!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

1. Who to say the ET's have not replied ?, you are assuming governments would tell if they did.
2. When did you go to mars to know theres not ?, i forgot thats just your 5 cents worth.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I find it funny though, how NASA continuously finds evidence that is slowly but surely pointing to Mars beign able to sustain life.

Don't the rover missions seem a little bit odd to you? Werent they supposed to only last something like 90 days? The batteries werent supposed to last that long and the parts werent designed to handle the wear and tear of Mars terrain and atmosphere.

A few released pics of a blue sky here and there topped off with discovery of water. I think it is now not a question of whether it had water now but a question of how much it currently has. Also there are now several new theories that are going into the early develpoment of Mars and the possibility of it supporting life. Also they have discovered gasses such as methane in the atmosphere this is big because methane is a huge waste product of biological life.

Im not saying there is an advanced civilization there right now but im thinking that when Nasa sent its 1st rover they werent prepared for what they would find. The new rovers survived because Mars isn't as harsh as they say it is. And finally i think they are slowly letting us in on the fact that it either A. can sustain life or B. can easily be made to support some sort of dome style colonies.

We need this to be true for the survival of our race. Fifty years from now this planet will be too overpopulated to support us anymore and we will just burn out and die. We must remember though that at one point in time Earth was considered to be center of the universe and also that the world was flat and that you could fall off the edge of the Earth into the void of space. I think its just another one of those ignorant human traits of ours to believe that Mars cannot support or has not supported some form of life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join