It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no civilisation on mars. Period.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Everyone!

IT'S BEHIND YOU!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I have had many discussions on that topic. The same thing were to happen if only say 500 million of us survived as well. We would simply be spread too far apart and any technology we had retain we would even eventually lose the ability to repair or create. We would be too busy with trying to survive than to pass on our advancements in science and technology as well.

A thousand years pass, man has started to build cities again mostly on top of old ones that are considered sacred or holy to the people of that day. Our past history is but mythology and folklore and any stories that have survived of ancient times are twisted and changed so much they would resemble things we read in Greek mythology. Most artifacts that are found will not be understood and will in most cases be ignored. New religions willl have sprung up and the stories in their religion will contain some type of doomsday scenario that has for some reason been burned into all of their memories although they wont understand why.

Four thousand years pass and they reach the same level of civilization as us. Practically nothing is left from our previous society due to thousands of years of erosion and historical neglect ( looting, building over cities, not keeping records) and historians have extreme difficulty tracing our origins back further than 4000 years. All that is known is that every culture on the planet has a similer creation story and a doomsday story.

See a pattern here? This has happened at least once, and will happen again if we remain ignorant about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If they advance life then maybe just maybe they would not pick up our old radio waves?

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Buddyweiser]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
if the reason there wouldnt be any is because of radio signals there is a higher probabilty there is because there are far more forms of communication than mere radio signals

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddyweiser

Perhaps the havent reached that level of tech yet or they dont use radio waves. THey may have evolved differently from us and found other means of communication. Technological advances will come about in such a way that is convenient for the times and for what resources are available. We have made our greatest advance through warfare perhaps they did not. Perhaps they know we are a warlike race and they hide themselves from us. It's hard to say really. Perhaps they do use radio waves but on a much higher frequency that we cant detect.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
From what I've heard and researched there was an advanced civilization on mars millions of years ago, but due to wars and cataclysmic events, their atmosphere was lost. Apparently some of them left mars and settled on earth, among others that went elsewhere. Some mars inhabitants incarnated here, on earth in this current time period because the same circumstances that were occuring on mars during the time of its death may be occuring now, and in the near future.

I've also heard that there is a group of humans and aliens that have made an abandoned under-sea base beneath mars' surface operational in preparation for cataclysm on earth to ensure the survival of the human race. I've heard that they are planning to terraform the surface of mars and that access to that base is done via instantaneous jump between earth and the base via something called a jump-room, similar to the jump rooms that are featured in the television series Stargate Atlantis. I've also heard that earth has a fleet of interplanetary vehicles used to transfer supplies to the mars base. I personally hope that if these rumors are true, that they don't screw it up.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

Ok, what if Mars was/is used as a temp base and the 'Aliens' are not indigenous to that planet? I would imagine in that case (and this is pure speculation) that all the technology that they brought with them would be advanced way beyond our abilities to detect them. If they came from another system, then I doubt they brought radio waves and detectable technologies.

Kind of like when we go into the jungle to study animals in their natural 'state' and environment, we camouflage ourselves. I'd imagine 'they', the ET's would have even more intelligent ways of doing so.

To be honest, your thread suggests blatant Troll activity. Incendiary remarks to illicit responses and nothing more. Take your thread heading for example "There is no civilisation on mars. Period."

One can only assume that by using such proclamations that your mind is already made up and the topic isn't really open for debate. What's the point in coming to a forum if your only going to proclaim?

Well, I guess were all dummies and you know it all huh! LOL!!!

-----------------------------------

Mods, can you kill this thread or at least change the heading to something that is a bit more agreeable and less Incendiary? It seems that the Op is only after an argument as opposed to constructive discussion!

Cheers
InfraRedman

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202
I recently noticed that a lot of people were speculating about the existance of advanced civilisations on mars (some even on the moon) and I think this is complete BS.

Think about it, if there were an active advanced civilisation on mars/the moon, why haven't we picked up their radio signals yet? Surely they must have some method of communicaton and like on earth, where all radio and tv signals are also send into space, they would send theirs into space too and we would've picked them up by now.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by redshirt0202]

Aamen to that. Iv never believed either that there would be anykind of life in mars now. Yes, maybe there was, a very long time ago, but it's gone now. And it's looks like the same might happen to earth too if we don't take a better care of our planet.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202
I recently noticed that a lot of people were speculating about the existance of advanced civilisations on mars (some even on the moon) and I think this is complete BS.

Think about it, if there were an active advanced civilisation on mars/the moon, why haven't we picked up their radio signals yet? Surely they must have some method of communicaton and like on earth, where all radio and tv signals are also send into space, they would send theirs into space too and we would've picked them up by now.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by redshirt0202]

Your Assuming they have radio you.Thats your first mistake. Also because of so called different conditions on mars there could be different adaptations that the environment and it's inhabitants have taken. Don't asume every planet is a copy of earth. If you haven't been there , how do you know? Thats kind of cocky to think like that. are you just trying to downplay this issue or do you have an open mind to such subjects?
Out of all of the billions of stars with millions of gallaxies we are the only civilization? I think that over time planets grow farther from sun. Mars was once in perfect condition for life but it's rotation has moved it outwards. Earth is nearing an end in next 1,000-5,000 years and mercury will be the new life breeding planet.
Kinda random thoughts but whatever.

Mod Note:

Edited for civility

Please read these links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

Do you actually know what's on mars? What do you really know about Mars? It's interesting to witness so many people claiming to know something is true or untrue (there or not there).

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I believe that the is great possibility of life on mars, But only on the very minute scale. There is water and carbon dioxiden their and thats a great start for life. But even if there was intelligent life out there in space I very much doubt they would want to contact or help us. Our position in the solar system in age I feel can be seen as a toddler in its terrible two's. Almost everything we touch we destroy, We are destroying the world we live in. Why would anybody want us to find a new place? Why would they come to earth and say "Hey we live on mars its great, Its close enough for you to get their, come live with us and destroy our planet aswell".

I have said this so many times on this forum, This is our planet and if we act now we can save it, And I hope to GOD we never start life on another planet just to destroy it, because we will, its who we are. We have had our chance, we have killed of so many species on this planet and gone one step further and are now killing the planet itself, Next we will kill alll life on this dying planet and we deserve it. We cant help ourself so why would anybody else want to help us.

But back on the subject, As I stated I do believe there may be life on a minute scale on mars, maybe how we started on this planet. Maybe what we should be doing is leaving them a message that if they ever get to our intelligence they will get telling them not to go down the same road as we did.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Surely there could be remnants of an old civilization living underground,
if only half a million people, they would not even need radio.
There could also be people living within the Moon, Mercury, and several other 'Moons'. I believe that our Solar System is teeming with life, just because the surface of a Planet enjoys very little or no atmosphere it does not mean that people could not be living within a tunnel system just below the surface, such a system would contain it's own atmosphere artificially generated.
Where do you think all these 'regular visitors' come from? some of them are 'local' very local.
Just my thoughts,
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
im not trying to favor one side here, just want to air what i feel, guys, its very clear that some goverment are trying to hide something, they are just waiting for the right time to broadcast it, if u recall back in world war 2, germany is losing but in the other side of the world, japan is in the brink of controlling south east asia, but in the right time, the USA use an a bomb to seal its victory, where bact that moment many says its just an herse, now same things happen, my point is trust your instict, then wait for the time, if youre wrong then admit it! but if your right brag it!

answer one question correct, another will come, then another, then another,then another, it will only stop when youre six feet under-elmar green cusi (a lowlife worker from asia)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

If they advance life then maybe just maybe they would not pick up our old radio waves?

well someone earlier in this thread said that maybe they operate in pure energy and not pure matter. either way the thing here is, Radio waves are part of the electrmagnetic spectrum, they are used by more than just our technology, they are also emitted by the sun.
Anyone ever seen the move "Contact"? kinda the same concept here. someone detects a signal and sends it back in teh same direction letting whoever sent it know that they received it. kinda like Ping (for anyone who knows about computer networking).

just to add a little of my personal conviction here... I think that the only reason life on other planets is such a big deal is because it would greatly influence all people of all religions to believe in the evolution theory.
if you think about it, it as a huge assumption that life sponateously generated itself in some sort of chemical soup millions of years ago... every textbook you look in and ever scientific video you watch where evolution is presented it is said that "life must have spontaneously generated... etc" even tho there is much evidence against that theory/hope - 'must have' is an assumption. im not going to go into detail on that but my point is this, if we are all alone out here (I believe we are) than that leans us more toward the idea that we were created and not evolved.

lets just pretend for a moment that we were able to look at every planet in the universe capable of supporting life, and we were able to zoom in far enough to see anything as small as an ant.... if we never found anything, what conclusion would that bring you to?

life on mars is a hope that will soon die in my opinion, people are already trying to photoshop pictures to make them look like there is something there when there is not.

ok im done, before people start getting offended.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
uuhu..this is going to be a rather long reply so bare with me

Perhaps the havent reached that level of tech yet or they dont use radio waves.
THey may have evolved differently from us and found other means of communication.

If they haven't reached that level of technology yet, their not advanced.

I would imagine in that case (and this is pure speculation) that all the
technology that they brought with them would be advanced way beyond our
abilities to detect them. If they came from another system, then I doubt they brought radio waves and detectable technologies.

If they are so advanced, why would they need to hide from us? You're right when you're saying that we also use camouflage when we go out to study animals, but we also keep them in zoos and as pets.

One can only assume that by using such proclamations that your mind is already made up and the topic isn't really open for debate. What's the point in coming to a forum if your only going to proclaim?

This is how a debate works. One side brings arguments FOR and the other side arguments AGAINST something. So far, all the arguments I have seen that speak for a civilisation on mars have only been wild speculation, while those who speak against a civi on mars have been more or less based on science facts.
If we were to assume that ANYTHING is possible, science would've never made any progess and even this entire forum would be useless.I mean what's the point of debating something if we have to assume that anything is possible?

If you haven't been there , how do you know? Thats kind of ignorant/arrogant/ cocky to think like that. are you just trying to downplay this issue or do you have an open mind to such subjects?

Do you actually know what's on mars? What do you really know
about Mars? It's interesting to witness so many people claiming
to know something is true or untrue (there or not there).

How I know? Well I guess the thouands of Gigabytes of data that NASA has collect were just for fun and don't mean anything. I have NASAs entire (Mars) archive to support my theory, where's your evidence?

I have an open mind but not THAT open that I'm just going to accept anything, we're not going to accomplish anything that way.

Lots of people are saying, "well yeah, they could be some form of energy" and stuff like that. Before anyone else does that, keep in mind that the laws of nature and evolution DO apply on mars too. And if creatures were to evolve on mars they too would've only had the 92 Elements that we here on earth have.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but without real hard facts you just cannot convince me that there's a civilisation on mars.

And like another user already said :

TO DENY IGNORANCE DOES NOT MEAN TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sure there is life on mars. All you have to do to prove it is present some JPEG compression artifacts, or maybe some colored static like the guy in this thread, or possibly just a picture of a rock that is shaped like something and the next thing you know you've proved that alien cities exist and there is life on mars. Next thing you know you're a either a subject matter expert at ATS or if you're a complete lunatic you can even be a Conspiracy Master. Fortunately some conspiracy masters leave on their own, and don't have to be eternally riduculed.

There is not one shred of evidence to support alien life of any kind including mars.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

thank you
Atleast I'm not the only one thinking that!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If people and operatives who post here don’t wake up and the ops stop being on the wrong side ; all wake up to the fact of our secret space programme and that we are on mars NOW!!!!!!
They have tech signals that aren’t detected here HOW cant people here get together pool info inc insiders and get things together to go forward THIS IS WHY WE LOOSE AND ALWAYS WILL people are to dumb!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm no scientist and I've only recently developed an interest in Mars (aside from that term paper in the 10th grade).

I watched some footage on YouTube just yesterday and saw the formations that do, indeed, look like trees from above. If we saw them here, we would assume they were trees.

On the other hand, I've seen brain coral (wasn't a brain!), fan coral (wasn't a fan!), all kinds of coral... that looks like vegetation....until you touch it and realize that it isn't.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lasthope

I can go for that, Maybe. Why is it a secret?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join