It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Grim's last post essentially summed up everything I was trying to say with specific examples. Thank you, sir.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
ever think thats because thats the way the system works, only certain people get to go onward, with smooth enough lives to get through school 9not saying any were smooth, just saying different things affect people differently). Mosat of the inteligent people i met never graduated, or, if they did, either were teachers, or working jobs that had noting to do with their degrees. You may think you are ahead, but there are many now who have aged beyond their years, enough to put you, me, anyone here to shame. No one should think so highly of themselves, for without stupid people, you would not be smart.
perhaps you are iritated due to the fact that others cannot see things from your point of view, cannot understand things you do wit information that led you to your knowledge...is this then not the fault of your own, for not introducing your material in the apropriate way?
just a thought

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't say that people here at ATS are uneducated. But ignorance abounds. The perfect example is when someone posts a video of birds and calls it "incredible alien morphing technology".

Or sees a picture of a goose and thinks it's a demon.

Or posts a video of a penis in a blanket thinking that it's a being from outer space. And some people here believed it.

Things liked that are dumb. But is everyone dumb? I think not. In most cases anyway. Even John Lear said that the guy who posted the "incredible alien morphing technology" video might be onto something. And from all accounts, John's anything but dumb.

[edit on 3/15/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Is not someone who follows the way presented to him by society more of a follower than the ones that do not?
Maybe you are led to beleive that the others are the puppets, just to make you more of a puppet. One needs puppets to handle his hordes of puppets (or hers), makes it easier that way.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Sacreligion,

The reason why people on ATS seem so dumb nowadays is because........well ATS is growing to an extreme and a lot of people are new and are just now waking up to whats really going on. They don't fully understand yet like me and you do. I feel your frustration but you must have patients and understand that it is our duty to humanity to properly educate the ignorant masses of the truth.

Lets put it this way, ATS is the BIGGEST and the three amigos have BIG plans to get the information in here, out into the mainstream and educate the masses - or at least put it in front of them. For the first time they have a voice to listen besides the MSM.

There are going to be a whole lot more ignorant sheeple that will be coming here and asking questions for the first time. This is not going to be an easy task and it will be very frustrating, the question is.........are you up to it???

I know I am.........the survival of humanity lies in our hands, I would say that this would be a good enough reason.

[edit on 3/15/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

that's another gripe, as well. people blaming the "system" for their inadequacies. no one takes personal responsibility. which makes humans stupider and lazier. sure, there might be some higher-ups that give the poor the shaft(and i would know being a full-time student living outside of my parent's house, which i'm pretty sure a lot of posters here still do). even then i know that opportunities are still abound and that i can sieze whatever i want with my life as long as i have the initiative to do so.

but like copernicus said, mayve i'm crazy and my point of view is unjustified due to my perception, which would make me no different than the morons i am venting about as we speak. now that's all too hilarious, but proves my point even further.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
ever think thats because thats the way the system works, only certain people get to go onward, with smooth enough lives to get through school 9not saying any were smooth, just saying different things affect people differently). Mosat of the inteligent people i met never graduated, or, if they did, either were teachers, or working jobs that had noting to do with their degrees.

I graduated highschool and dropped out of college first semester. One thing I learned is that education is best found in a library, not a classroom.

You want to remember facts, go to a classroom. You want to learn, go to a library. Read a philosophy book and think about what it means and why the author wrote it.

You may think you are ahead, but there are many now who have aged beyond their years, enough to put you, me, anyone here to shame. No one should think so highly of themselves, for without stupid people, you would not be smart.

Or without stupid people, smart people might excel even further by encountering other people who can challange them enough to question their own beliefs.

Being smart isn't a bragging right, its about digging deeper. You don't learn anything by proving somebody of lesser intelligence wrong. You learn by being challanged by somebody else. You find an equal and you challange eachother to think. As they say "two brains are better than one", but arguing with alot of people is like "One brain is working the other is just regurgitating stuff from memory".

perhaps you are iritated due to the fact that others cannot see things from your point of view, cannot understand things you do wit information that led you to your knowledge...is this then not the fault of your own, for not introducing your material in the apropriate way?
just a thought

I think its that they fail to either A. see the logical conclusion you propose or B. fail to propose a more logical conclusion themselves. or C. ask a challanging enough question to put your theory to the test.

Sometimes if you show somebody why its logical, they may get it. Other times, they simply can't grasp the concept, in which case, you might as well argue with a wall.

You put forth your conclusion. If a more logical person sees it, they can point out the flaws, causing you to re-evaluate. A less logical person just fails to understand it and spouts their own opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

Thank you for another head check...and you are absolutely correct. I feel as if what started as a rant has led to something fairly productive.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Is not someone who follows the way presented to him by society more of a follower than the ones that do not?
Maybe you are led to beleive that the others are the puppets, just to make you more of a puppet. One needs puppets to handle his hordes of puppets (or hers), makes it easier that way.

A follower is a follower. When you start memorizing what other people say, start regurgitating everyone elses theories without challanging them in every way shape and form you can everytime it comes to mind, you are a follower. It doesn't matter what side of the fence you sit. Whether you are following the majority or the minority, you still follow.

Maybe nobody led me to believe anything? Maybe I just came to this conclusion by a matter of watching other people. Maybe the only things I take serious are the questions asked from around me, and not the answers. Why should I care what somebody elses answer is? I want questions.

You question me you challange me to think. You give me the answer and you push me to become a follower. Thats why when somebody wants me to help them think critically about something I don't use my own reasoning. I question them. The right question will lead to the answer they are looking for.

If they can't find the question, or they can't find an answer to the question asked, then there is nothing I can do for them. It may simply be beyond them to answer. Not everyone can think critically.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Looking back, I definitely may have asked a lot of stupid questions in my time hre, but I never tried to propose something as FACT without proper reference. This is what I see so much of that irritates me. On the other hand, there are a decent amount of worthwhile threads that irrigate me with crucial knowledge.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Personally I think you guys are giving yourselves way to much credit saying you are right and everyone else is wrong...ATS members are not dumb.

As we are all ATS members here, do you not realise your on a thread discussing whether or not you are stupid.

And now youve supported your theory by using video games...hmmm, way to go people.

You all get my vote.

JQ.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
personal responsibilty....now that is not something for you to decide. You use the worng words, thats a given. Or you do not understand that everyone's personal responsibilities are different. What about a tribesman in s america. Is he supposed to go to university? no. He feeds his family, helps his comunity in the best way, becasue that is his responsibility.
Now, yes he was born a tribesman, unfair in the order of things. But, without the bulk of working class "morons" or "retards" as some of you seem so fond of using names to distinguish, you would be nowhere. there woudl be no grocery store clerks to fill the shelves, no cashiers, non food becasue the "moron" farmer folk who never went to college wouldnt be growing food, they would all go be doctors and chemists and engineers.
Its nice to see how you view those that essentially put the food in your belly, the clothes on your back, and more. Also, these folks need inteligent people to guide them, the ones that dont make it through school.

Everyone has their own personal responsibilities. How dare you try and classify that into your own context. You have a lot to learn, as do some others of you. yes i understand what you are saying, you are being nothing mmore than a mouthy braggart using a foul way of insulting the thing that are here for a reason. because you agreed with the "9/10 people" bs, you cannot try and put yourself outside of this scenario, all i would say one can do, is apologise, or continue to bragart and call down those that you should hold dear rather than curse, all of you (you know who you are) should be ashamed at your views. Im not saying you are wrong in that your inteligence is better than many you have encountered, and there are many people who are not fully "aware", but this does not mean you have the right to say anything about those who are only here to do what they are doing. You are much more uneducated than you think.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Let me put the education thing in a much more simple form. Anyone can read a book. Anyone can read a theory. How many people are actively challanging their own theories on a daily basis. How many people decide to come to a conclusion when there isn't a logical reason to come to any conclusion at all.

I don't want your opinion on the NWO. I don't want your opinion on Aliens. I don't want your opinion on God. I want you to ask me (and others) the questions you challanged yourself with. I want you to bring forth the questions you cannot answer, the questions that lead you to where you are. Those questions, not the answers, are what change a follower into a leader. Those questions are what turn people from memorizers into thinkers. Those questions pull you from the class room mentality, and drive you into the unknown. The unknown is scary, and saying "I don't know" is damn hard, but its worth it.

There are many questions you have never asked that I may have thought of. Maybe the question I ask pushes you slightly different then it pushed me. Maybe if I presented you with the question, rather than the answer, we would all progress that much faster.

Question everything, not in paranoia, but in desire. Desire to know. Not to know the "truth" but to know your truth. To find YOUR perspective on the world, not somebody elses.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

In conclusion, almost every human being on planet Earth is completely retarded, including almost everyone on this website. Does anyone agree with me?

If we agree with you, then wouldn’t that make you a retard?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
as i said, everyone has thier own job. Maybe yours is to try and confuse people, but thats not a very useful job. You are one of those whom shoudl be apologising, not toying with words. As to your comment, for some, the ones whom seek answers, a question should be presented, and an answer should be found be the persuer of the question. but, there are others, who only need the answer as a stepping tone to annother question, and thus the answer should be given. In the end, one must seek the final answer to the question on ones own, but, this end point for all paths, is not the same, nor should it be. Thus meanning you must have had the wrong answer for this question when you started this postor you would have understood that all mankind has different jobs to do with these lives. The point is, will you be able to recognise the times when you should give the answer or give them the question, and is it the right question and presented corectly. This is the responsibilty of a teacher, which one would assume you consider yourself, mr reaper.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
To a degree, I agree with you, Sacreligion, but I do not like your approach to this. When you are in a room with nine other individuals playing Halo 3 and you think it's nothing but a bunch of mindless droll, do you go up to them and say "lol u nublets why r u playin' a stupid gaem"? The same concept applies here.

I, too, am starting to get sick of some of the topics I'm seeing on here -- repeat topics that have been posted on here already, topics that get an insane amount of flags due to "celebrity status" or because a bunch of people are having a quarrel and people want to see how it will end, people who end their first post in a topic with "praise the almighty" or "long live humanity" (these phrases are fine by themselves, but when used to play on people's emotions, it pisses me off), the monthly "is Alex Jones a disinfo agent"/"The World is Ending in 2012"/"9/11" topic, etc., etc. Even worse, whenever I try to respond to one of these topics to steer it back on course, I get completely ignored, the people continue to argue, and a moderator eventually steps in and has to break up the argument.

To be quite frank, it's getting hard now-a-days not to just completely explode in some of the idiotic topics I have seen on this board, but what is ranting going to do? It will just make you look more immature than the people in question.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Woah dude talk about tarring everone with the same brush. How about taking a visit to the debate forums- i would wager my life savings that everyone involved in the debates is at least 10 iq points smarter than you

You do have a point about some idiots on here, and their thought train certainly lends credence to the belief that they are inbred. However its wiser to ignore them.

You see, ATS is a lot like a gold mine. When digging, ignore the mud and sift for the good stuff. Ive already got a couple of unique nuggets off this site

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
see, look at that comment, that is just brutal, not to mentio "thought train" is a very undefined word, and many could take insult, regardless of intention. I have a thing, with saying whom i do not like, it causes less problems than saying "i think a certain number of you people in the building to be idiots"...now how do think that affects one charisma...and tthus credibility.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

as i said, everyone has thier own job. Maybe yours is to try and confuse people, but thats not a very useful job. You are one of those whom shoudl be apologising, not toying with words.

I don't even know where you got this idea.

As to your comment, for some, the ones whom seek answers, a question should be presented, and an answer should be found be the persuer of the question. but, there are others, who only need the answer as a stepping tone to annother question, and thus the answer should be given.

Then you have a great deal to learn about teaching a person, rather than just "indoctrinating" some one. Most of the time, one persons path is not the same as another. The same question can't always be asked, and the answer to the question isn't the same most of the time.

YOU are not one to decide the answer to any question but the ones you ask of YOURSELF. The only way people will help you is if they ask you questions you haven't thought of. Their answer to the question helps you none, because its not the same situation for you.

In the end, one must seek the final answer to the question on ones own, but, this end point for all paths, is not the same, nor should it be.

It certainly isn't. That is why you can't go giving out answers to people. Your answers aren't right for them, they are right for you. They can only ask questions to challange the answers you came up with. Furthermore, the point isn't to find answers, the point is to continue answering the most important questions. There are questions that will never have a final answer, just a temporary one. They cannot be planned ahead of time, and it is futile to try. All you can do is continue the quest to find the most challanging question to push you to lead yourself.

Thus meanning you must have had the wrong answer for this question when you started this postor you would have understood that all mankind has different jobs to do with these lives.

Did I ever claim to have the right answer for other people? Never. I never once said I had the answers for you, or anyone else. I have the answers for my own path. It is the questions that I have gathered that are of value, not the answers.

As for understanding all mankind has different jobs. Let me quote myself from the first page

Grimreaper797

What helped us survive was the ability to recreate technology other people built/build. They survived because the pack leader led them. naturally 1/10 people are leaders. the other 9/10 are followers. Those 9/10 most the time don't have the capacity to make critical decisions, thats why they follow. They are the footsoldier that further humanity labor wise. The leaders and most intelligent build technology to make that work easier.

Am I in anyway downplaying their role in the rise of humanity here? No, Im not. A persons intelligence doesn't equate to their importance, so don't assume meaning behind my words if I don't say it.

The point is, will you be able to recognise the times when you should give the answer or give them the question, and is it the right question and presented corectly. This is the responsibilty of a teacher, which one would assume you consider yourself, mr reaper.

There is no right time to give an answer, because you don't have it. Don't you get it? You don't have a right answer for somebody else. Just your answer. If they take it, they are a follower of you, not a leader.

That is no teacher, but a manipulator. A person trying to get others to follow and mimic their life. I consider myself a teacher because I know to try and answer the questions for somebody else is to push them into becoming a follower, a follower of me. I will not do such a thing.

A teacher challanges. That person teaches them how to live, and the way to live is to question. If you think your answer to any question is valuable to anyone but yourself, you should do some serious thinking. Stop giving people answers, start giving them questions.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Pretty much the reason why I stopped coming here, I'm so tired of all the stupid people destroying all discussions. I'll make my own community instead sometime...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join