It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

...There should be a prerequisite ATS entrance exam.

Amen to that.

Little chance though. Who would set the questions?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

Are you a Harvard Grad?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You deserve a star dude! I said the same thing, and I got all these "ATS" points deducted. I could care less for points, or post counts. I just wanna see some intelligent threads and respondes. Not some hate threads, and hoax theories/stories. The way I see it, most people are all brainwashed by the media and government. It's very sad, and hopefully people will accept their ignorance. Good day!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If we interject the word ugly for the word dumb and interject the word pretty for the word intelligent, could we pretty much have the same discussion? Who determines what is ugly or pretty and by whose standards? Such questions of looks and intelligence are posed by the brain/mind consciousness and could very well be just illusions or constructs based on one's stance as a physical being. If we trully feel we are more than just physical beings then discussions of intelligence or the lack of are incomplete and meaningless when discussed from a physical standpoint. It could very well be that all beings are created or create equally but with variations regarding intent or purpose and since we tend to view oursleves as pyhsical beings' that purpose or intent is not in our waking consciousness. Questions seem to lead to more questions which indicates to me that a process of creation exists and that the truth can never be known. So again, who is dumb and who is intelligent and by whose standards do we judge? It seems obivious that we live for a purpose. Maybe that purpose is to create. For the sake of living in peace and harmony maybe we should individually strive to be positive and strive for what seems healthy and good for all of humanity. This is just my standpoint on this earthly realm and it matters not to me how you judge me. I wish and will not do you any harm as I believe we are all connected and to do harm to others is to harm myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
DUMB AS HELL?

Well hell is a Very Hot Place (^^,) and Dumb? I think that Our Consciousness and Awareness are in Progress in many different pattern of adaptation even we
are all unique but we have many things in common to consider always

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bovarcher

...There should be a prerequisite ATS entrance exam.

Amen to that.
Little chance though. Who would set the questions?

Then the number of users will decline to near zero, advertisers won't pay ATS owners as much, site gets closed, and everyone, dumb or not dumb, gets mad at whoever suggested the entrance exam in the first place

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
look up the standard distribution of IQ from standardized tests. Notice that the mean is right down the center. That means that about 50% are average or above, and of course about 50% are average or below...I could go into standard deviations but I'll leave that for you to research and learn about.

Is it really all that surprising that you would go online to a public forum such as ATS and expect something other than this?

Now tell us all who's dumb as hell?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by skyshow]

[edit on 15-3-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well said!! Not only are most people on here 'dumb' as you said, but they are stubborn and won't listen to others point of view, even if they are proven wrong, they just carry on trying to jam their point of view down our throats instead of learning from others. If someone proves them wrong they just focus on one particular aspect of someone's post to attack, even if it is their spelling or grammar.....I mean its not discussion if you don't take on board what others have to say.

And this is a DISCUSSION board, not a pulpit or lecture stand.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would get into a long and drown out reply to you about us and ats but im afraid your just not smart enough to understand. Your in the minority here, your just too dumb to realize it.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Brings back memories of a thread I created a while back

Dysgenics: Dumbing down of society

This is not just an American problem, but a problem for the Western World.

Dysgenics means:

Dysgenics is a term applied by some researchers to describe the evolutionary weakening of a population of organisms relative to their environment, often due to relaxation of natural selection or the occurrence of negative selection. ...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
[My friend at the end of the day, sh*t must be called sh*t. When people make claims such as creating a free energy device based on a siphon, then upload doodles to support their scientific theory, it is an insult to educates humans who frequent this site, and an insult to science. It is also a massive waste of time.

I used the phrase "thought train" in its exact sense: someone's line of mental enquiry.

Of course some people are going to take offence to what I say. It still doesnt detract from the fact that there are some people in this forum who are incapable of debate and are only interested in hoaxing, misinfo and partisan arguments.

Im not sure what you mean by the last half of your post. Affecting one's charisma and credibility through what means? If i lose credibility to some for calling their opinions the musings of an inbred, then i have no problem with it.

How many people on here have a though train considered "abnormal", how many people could take insult to an undefined post, you never stated what thought trains were "correct" or "false" you tink that might not cause some stir?

Im sorry but i really cant understand your point here. I consider several thought trains abnormal- reptilians etc. I dont mind if people believe in whatever, its just that when they distort empirical science to try and back up their delusions, thats when i get pissed (as a scientist).

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charleerich
If we interject the word ugly for the word dumb and interject the word pretty for the word intelligent, could we pretty much have the same discussion? Who determines what is ugly or pretty and by whose standards? Such questions of looks and intelligence are posed by the brain/mind consciousness and could very well be just illusions or constructs based on one's stance as a physical being. If we trully feel we are more than just physical beings then discussions of intelligence or the lack of are incomplete and meaningless when discussed from a physical standpoint. It could very well be that all beings are created or create equally but with variations regarding intent or purpose and since we tend to view oursleves as pyhsical beings' that purpose or intent is not in our waking consciousness. Questions seem to lead to more questions which indicates to me that a process of creation exists and that the truth can never be known. So again, who is dumb and who is intelligent and by whose standards do we judge? It seems obivious that we live for a purpose. Maybe that purpose is to create. For the sake of living in peace and harmony maybe we should individually strive to be positive and strive for what seems healthy and good for all of humanity. This is just my standpoint on this earthly realm and it matters not to me how you judge me. I wish and will not do you any harm as I believe we are all connected and to do harm to others is to harm myself.

Nice sentiments. However there is no touchy-feely solution around the resolution of this issue im afraid. Intelligence and worth in intellectualism go hand in hand and are directly measurable.

Case in point: World is ending and you can save only one more person. You can choose either Stephen Hawking with an iq of 170 or an inbred redneck with and iq of 70. Who are you gonna choose realistically?

There is a split emerging in humanity which will not pull together but get worse and worse. The dysgenics theory provided above is interesting but flawed in my opinion, because intelligent people do not normally get married to idiots. This means that genetic drift will occur, splitting humanity into two populations of smart, beautiful and healthy vs obese, stupid and ugly people.

news.bbc.co.uk...

According to me, signs of this are emerging already, and I for one do not want the potential of the intelligent to be burdened by the stupid. I know that sounds callous and almost Nazi in nature, but humanity can only achieve its true potential by allowing the best to succeed and supressing the weak- just as in nature.

Its the same story with ATS. Compare any of the debate threads with the "ZoMG this dude shapeshifted into reptilian" thread. The intellectualism of the intelligent must NOT be hindered with the musings of those not capable of logic, reason and rhetoric.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion
Nuts to warnings and all that...I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read. I really can't believe the idiocy that I see on here...it's astounding. Most everyone on here should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't give a [snip] what the Mods or the Posters think about my point of view.

Oh no! Not my ATS points!

The value of anything is yours to determine. If you find your participation here is no longer valuable to you, then there would seem to be a rather simple solution; stop.

However, a point must be addressed as you so vehemently endeavored to cast dispersion on a broad range of specifically defined people, "ATS Members". What you either failed to understand, or simply disregarded for your own opportunistic entertainment, is that any gathering of people will contain a proportionate sampling of the following: fools, idiots, malcontents, tricksters, wisecrackers, zealots, passionate, thoughtful, wise, brilliant, genius, and inspired. The proportion here will be no different than that on a plane, subway car, movie theater, or masters program in physics.

Over time, the short-sighted rambles of the fools and malcontents are forgotten, the observations of the idiots are pushed aside, and the zealots are disregarded. For, as is here as is anywhere, the sieve of dialogue enables the thoughtful, wise, brilliant, and genius ideas to rise to the surface and be remembered. Those of us who care about the betterment of humanity will see the process as a worthy investment of time and effort. However, those who simply seek to be entertained by a controversial confabulation will call everyone "dumb as hell".

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
never under estimate ignorance in large number's first off. that tell's most of the story of your intelligence in just a handfull of words kid..
at 23 years old your still brand new and know nothing about the inner working's of real life junior.
some time down the road you'll wake up one day and realize how retarded YOU really were at only 23 yrs old and know exactly what i am talking about .
i'm not discounting what you are saying but give it a few of years of being an adult before you go around spouting about how others are retarded. you still have some of life's lessons to learn before you are qualified to call anyone less intelligent than you.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hey Sac'.... how's it hangin'.... so I have a question for you...

How do you pronounce this Massa' Town....

War-sister...or War-chester... or Wer-sister...or Wer-chester??? Please don't laugh, It's a serious question, I went there with a friend from here... and I felt like a tool when I was talking to a local... But hey, my excuse is that I'm Canuckian!!!!

Please answer, I'd like two hear your Two cents from 'chusetts...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Damn you and your eloquence sir! I think you have pretty much won this debate. Thread over, conclusion reached.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion
Nuts to warnings and all that...I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read.

Oh no! Not my ATS points!

ummm....why should i believe anything you say if i don't know anything about anything, and while we are on the subject of anything, can you define it for me.
How did you get to 90%, or did you just make anything up. Do you have a PHD, Doctorate or equvilant, as that would then make me uneducated in comparison to you.
also

dictionary.reference.com...

adjective
1. relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development; "providing a secure and sometimes happy life for the retarded" [ant: precocious]

It appears you have been rather slow in figuring out what ATS is about, and emotionally incapable of allowing people to go about using ATS without insulting people, so perhaps it is you that is retarded. If you don't like ATS, I think you should return to your own....

.....secure and sometimes happy life for the retarded.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
By making such broad and sweeping generalizations about others merely shows off your level (or lack thereof) of intelligence and compassion.

Yes: There are some absurd posts (and posters) on here and there are also some very intelligent ones...

...and this is NOT one of them.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by grover]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Well said!! Not only are most people on here 'dumb' as you said, but they are stubborn and won't listen to others point of view, even if they are proven wrong, they just carry on trying to jam their point of view down our throats instead of learning from others.

Um, yeah
I'm sort've going to have to disagree with you there (in my best Bill Lundbergh from Office Space voice)
The thing in this site is that the majority of topics discussed are beyond proof. One side firmly believes they are right without absolute proof and so does the other. Given that, is someone dumb for disagreeing with you? The topics tend to include every gray area topic known. Some not so gray as far as I'm concerned, just a matter of opinion. How can anyone ever prove the existence of UFOs or that the US government was behing the 9/11 attacks, or that the US government invented aids to get rid of blacks, or the THEORY of evolution? The existence of God, that the Bible is correct. These things so far can't be proven. Anyone who has seen my posts knows that I firmly believe that God exists, the Bible is his truth, but I can't prove it 180%. Debating these points has become very pointless.
Science is no help on here for the most part. Nor is religion. For every scientific find adding to the proof of a topic, you can usually find three more that disagree. The same goes for religion. I have noticed on this site a few oddities though. People have actually said that God definitely beyond the shadow of a doubt does not exist . At the same time some of these people say they have proof that we are secretly governed by aliens but they can't divulge that proof for fear of their lives. Kinda peculiar to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Viewing threads on this site is, for me, akin to searching for good music.
I love music, but unfortunately, the music scene is littered with drek.
Therefore, one must sift through it all, separating the chaff from the grain,
if you will. I find artists and bands that are superb, just like some of the
members here are superb. Maybe 90% of the content is useless, but I keep
searching, and when I least expect it, I discover a band\ATS member that
whacks me upside the head, and I'm blown away.
To conflate these discoveries with life's volatile daily changes is a sublime experience,
bordering on the metaphysical.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join