It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I for one love this site. yeah there is lots of bs, but it livens people up. There are many intelligent individuals here (i am on the firm belief that a person is smart, and people are stupid). But to go out and insult everyone? isnt that liek goin into an irish pub and stating that they are all little girly boys and you could take em all out, except the bartender, and waitress, thus equating the 10 percent...And, i dotn think education of any sort should be avoided. All information is good, just isnt a good idea to not take in certain kinds and make a bold statement with only 1/2 the basis needed..

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Copernicus is right as it really is all a matter of perspective, but no one can deny the lunacy that some people accept as fact on here.

Perhaps I'm the insane one...who can really say, right? I've put myself on a pedestal with this post but I didn't mean to do so in an arrogant manner, I was just wondering if anyone agreed. Man is simultaneously evolving and relapsing.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

But its true, most people are literally stupid. They are slow to understand, or don't understand at all. I'm not insulting people, or saying it is there fault for not studying enough in school or something. School has nothing to do with it. Sure it helps when talking about certain topics, but a smart person will always act accordingly. You won't see a smart person talking about what they don't know. If they do, well they aren't very smart then are they?

Most people lack the ability to reason well. It's not their fault or anything, they just do it by nature. Intelligence is a turn of luck by nature, thats all.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

you're absolutely right. that's the answer i was looking for. apparently i just had more faith in humanity than what was due.

link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Hm....yes i guess i maybe give people too much credit, but, seeing as how he has been here awhile, im sure there isnt room for many of the intelectual people..there are many here. I just think it not the greatest idea to go out and call so many people down. It has never done any good, just starts more negativity.
How is this kind of post needed? It doesnt do any good, has no useful information, is full of too much opinion, technically, this could be considered "disinfo" in my books, for it is does nothing but divert people from the true purpose of ATS.

link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion
Nuts to warnings and all that...I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of the people on here are uneducated retards that don't know anything about anything and will believe anything they read. I really can't believe the idiocy that I see on here...it's astounding. Most everyone on here should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't give a # what the Mods or the Posters think about my point of view.

Oh no! Not my ATS points!

From the sounds of it you really don't sound like the most qualified person to give mental evaluations of all the members here especially over an internet chat forum. Nor do i think you work for the education dept so your opinions on that are also moot unless you do work for the education dept in which case its no wonder that you talk allot about people being "uneducated".

Most people on this site that i have observed represent the motto "Deny Ignorance" quite well with only a small minority of members on here seeming the way that you describe in your truly enlightening intro above . And even so thats just your opinion and for you to put it out there in order to flatten the members of ATS like that just makes you look like a self righteous bigot with a narrow mind.

The irony here is theres someone here supposedly speaking out against the apparently astounding amount of idiocy on the site while exercising a frankly ridiculous amount of ignorance in the process .

And no no one here should be ashamed of themselves except you. If you don't like it here then please save yourself a whole lot of embarrassment and take your self absorbed comments somewhere else .

You have no right to speak that way about anyone on here especially not when you display such a gross amount of hypocritical double standards like you have.

Omega

[edit on 15/3/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
technically, this could be considered "disinfo" in my books, for it is does nothing but divert people from the true purpose of ATS.

but is ATS meant to be disinformation? many questions can be dug from any situation, and that's the nature of an intelligent person. what i see on here on a daily basis is blind acceptance. ATS is almost a religion.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I was not aware that venting was disinfo. Next time I get fustrated at a group of particularly stupid posts and reoccuring ignorance, Ill remember "If I post my annoyance with this, its disinformation". Disinformation would mean that there is no truth to it, and its just there to pull away from another topic. Venting is hardly disinfo.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The system is set up so you can go to a school and get a good "education". What you really are doing is memorizing whatever facts the university wants you to learn. Usually there is very little discussion weather or not these facts are really true, there is no time for that. Just digest, accept and move on...get a good grade by remembering the material. Next.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Brit: I came here when Metal Gear Solid first came out on PS1 and I wanted to know more about actual secret government projects which has exponentially developed my interest in government activities, globalization conspiracies, ancient cultures, and the charade of modern life itself.

ahh good game

i must admit computer games do open your mind to other things, i actully think it was being a command & conquer game nut i actully wanted to find out more on weapons tech and millitary stuff i joined the royal anglian regt a few years after,

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
no? what about a new person on this site..that reads that post from a long standing member....with several others pitching in as well? they then would have an impression that there were not many info sources. Thus putting more disbeleifinto ther new ATS mode. A post claiming that 90 percent of the people here are "retarded" when they are most definately not, is disinformation...if you both wanna be so precise.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

IF you see it as such, but I truly feel a slap in the face was needed. Many people may claim to "Deny Ignorance" but they are not using their brains to fully do so. A lot of people will see something on here and say "It MUST be true! This is an alternative news website! They wouldn't lie, right? They're out there to expose the truth."

Then you end up with threads like "PROOF THAT ALIENS EXIST" with pictures of a grasshopper, etc.

You can't deny the ridiculousness, and by the looks of things, you haven't really read all of the thread, which is another problem of this site. People thinking that a 5 minute read is too long to get a valuable opinion. And don't call it narrow-minded bigoting, it's merely 9 years of observation.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
lol, on that note, i have noticed 2 kinds of people, there are those that watch tv, which is all but mindless and takes nothing more than to sit on ur arse. And there are gamer people, which is like an opposite of tv in the fact that it makes you interact and think. Both brainwash you.
of course there are those that do niehter, but their hobbies or such, could most probably find a likeness associated with either side.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Well statistically 9/10 people are followers. Thats 90%. I hoped ATS was different but it starts to seem like people are being followers, just on the other side as most people. But where did the word retarded come from? I said "stupid" "ignorance" and "followers" but not retarded. Its human nature. Hardly retardation.

link   
of course, there are good gamers, and wannabe gamers.
no offense intended to those whom cannot game.

link   

A lot of people will see something on here and say "It MUST be true! They wouldn't lie, right? They're out there to expose the truth."

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing about people trusting CNN and/or the governments and scientists allowed to be in the media.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Also, I worked in the public education system last year and am currently in the process of getting my Math degree for Secondary education...so i think i may have a valid point of view on the mindset of younger people in the education system today, which is sad in and of itself.

Just so you don't think I'm some ass with a vendetta against conspiracy theorists or anything. I've been one for a while, myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
well, next time you make a post like this, maybe you should state it all at once, so one doesnt have to defends one's self from oncoming assault.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
of course, there are good gamers, and wannabe gamers.
no offense intended to those whom cannot game.

Eh, I think there is a third group of people. Those who consider anyone who takes video games or TV seriously needs some one to talk to, if you know what I mean. They are forms of entertainment. They aren't there to take serious. Hell, I don't even take books of fiction serious most of the time.

Somebody reads the da vinci code and takes it serious. How is that any better than watching fox or cnn and taking it serious? It isn't any different. It is a sad state of affairs when so many people take TV and video games to heart. I play metal gear solid because it is a good story. I watch a TV show because its funny. It only starts to brainwash you if you start to think of it as anything more than a form of entertainment.

Video Games don't drive me to question, the nature of who I am does that. TV doesn't convince me that the Iraq war is good or bad. If these things do that for somebody, I pity them because they are being completely manipulated.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

perhaps i should have prefaced it with: "this may not necessarily be directed at you"

It started as a rant, which emotion obviously influences...it just took a few more minutes to solidify my points. In all honesty, though, I wasn't stating any particular facts, just proposing an idea for discussion out of what I've seen recently...and apparently a few people seem to agree so I must not be too out of my mind just yet.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join