It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You posted all of that, must have gotten to ya. But you clearly insulted the inteligence of many people as well, and thus i thought you might need to be reminded of these things

You brought the comment up, and it really had no revevance to the comment. Simply put, one person insulted many, more than should have been, and in a manner not unlike the ones he was insulting. You agreed with this person, using statistics and vicita. When in reality, you should have been defending the common man who does understand things the scholar does not. Everyone has X amont of energy coming through. Wat its used for is up to them. the majority use it for more "menial" things while others more "intelectual" things. Do not think yourself smarter than these people, only more knoweledged in you areas of expertise. Maybe these areas are more important to you, but to them they are not. maybe they already know deep down they are going to die, or be horribly hurt, or any number of things from these things we try and get across. Maybe its their inner selves saying "dont worry about it, live on..ignore it and enjoy what you have left". Maybe that is why there is "ignrance" to a "stupid" level. These are the things one must think about, not who is smarter, or why someone cant understand. Why try to change the world? when it already ahs its own plan for how it is going to be.
If man does not fit into that plan, then it will be removed. If certain events come to pass which have been predicted/realized by some, then so be it. Speak as you will, those who will listten shall, and those wont shall not.
Do not waste your time or image on defacing the majority of members and/or mankind of their inteligence, it shows lack of wisdom.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
see, look at that comment, that is just brutal, not to mentio "thought train" is a very undefined word, and many could take insult, regardless of intention. I have a thing, with saying whom i do not like, it causes less problems than saying "i think a certain number of you people in the building to be idiots"...now how do think that affects one charisma...and tthus credibility.

My friend at the end of the day, poomust be called poo. When people make claims such as creating a free energy device based on a siphon, then upload doodles to support their scientific theory, it is an insult to educates humans who frequent this site, and an insult to science. It is also a massive waste of time.

I used the phrase "thought train" in its exact sense: someone's line of mental enquiry.

Of course some people are going to take offence to what I say. It still doesnt detract from the fact that there are some people in this forum who are incapable of debate and are only interested in hoaxing, misinfo and partisan arguments.

Im not sure what you mean by the last half of your post. Affecting one's charisma and credibility through what means? If i lose credibility to some for calling their opinions the musings of an inbred, then i have no problem with it.

Mod Edit: Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 15/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

You posted all of that, must have gotten to ya. But you clearly insulted the inteligence of many people as well, and thus i thought you might need to be reminded of these things

You brought the comment up, and it really had no revevance to the comment. Simply put, one person insulted many, more than should have been, and in a manner not unlike the ones he was insulting. You agreed with this person, using statistics and vicita. When in reality, you should have been defending the common man who does understand things the scholar does not. Everyone has X amont of energy coming through. Wat its used for is up to them. the majority use it for more "menial" things while others more "intelectual" things. Do not think yourself smarter than these people, only more knoweledged in you areas of expertise. Maybe these areas are more important to you, but to them they are not. maybe they already know deep down they are going to die, or be horribly hurt, or any number of things from these things we try and get across. Maybe its their inner selves saying "dont worry about it, live on..ignore it and enjoy what you have left". Maybe that is why there is "ignrance" to a "stupid" level. These are the things one must think about, not who is smarter, or why someone cant understand. Why try to change the world? when it already ahs its own plan for how it is going to be.
If man does not fit into that plan, then it will be removed. If certain events come to pass which have been predicted/realized by some, then so be it. Speak as you will, those who will listten shall, and those wont shall not.
Do not waste your time or image on defacing the majority of members and/or mankind of their inteligence, it shows lack of wisdom.

Science has proven that the distribution of intelligence is a "bell-curve". In that, the majority are capable, some are retarded (clinical sense of the word), and some are geniae.

If youre trying to tell me that each person has the same ability genetically and mentally, you are sorely sorely mistaken. You claim that everyone has X amount of energy to use as they please... this is simply not the case. Everyone is born with a different amount of ability, those with less tend to menial jobs and those with higher ability deal with intellectualism. It is when those with low iqs try to act intellectual without having any capability that stupid posts arise, and is what the OP was talking about.

Of course, its not right to call the majority stupid even though it does sometimes seem that way. Each post must be taken at its own merit.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You need to relax, several of you. Can sense all this stress from hours of failure. Mainly the fact that many of you have tried so hard to get a point across, but noe seem to listen. I am neither a teacher nor a manipulator. All i do is make people think. Regardless of intelligence, one can strengthen their mind. Like a muscle it can be excercised, and also torn. Many are "weak" so to speak, but can be strengthend. I give answers to people, but only the ones they are already thinking. I answered that question nicely, regardless. You said the same thing basicly, that we must present a question. Only i am willing to give an answer when the answer i already known, just blurred. A teacher is:
one whose occupation is to instruct

A teacher is someone who elps people get further along with their thinking, make sure you recognise who is ready for answers, and who is ready for questions, for there are those that need both....ar at least clarified.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
First, I'm definitely going to have to add this to the list of ridiculous and sensational thread titles on my profile page...

Secondly, here in the South we love our dumb people, "Bless their hearts!"

Third, if it wasn't for the dumb people I wouldn't feel so smart!

Fourth, try reading a few posts in the Science forum and maybe you won't be so critical. If you go slumming in the Paranormal, UFO or 9/11 forums for too long, it can get a bit tedious. I know, flame on ATS but it is true.

Lastly, I would more likely characterize the prevailing condition as gullible and easily manipulated - not dumb. Forgive them, for they have years of indoctrination to MSM mind-control to overcome.

If you would like to see how easily people can be manipulated in order that you might have more compassion and be less judgmental, please see Skyfloating's very smart thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

edit to add: I think this thread should be moved to Skunkworks. It was dumb to put it in the Conspiracy Forum.

[edit on 15/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Maybe you dont understand all the things that energy can go to

I certainly think it is more than common science can dictate.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Third, if it wasn't for the dumb people I wouldn't feel so smart" quoted

I said the same thing earlier in this post, in slightly different words, and not pointing out myself.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
[My friend at the end of the day, sh*t must be called sh*t. When people make claims such as creating a free energy device based on a siphon, then upload doodles to support their scientific theory, it is an insult to educates humans who frequent this site, and an insult to science. It is also a massive waste of time.

I used the phrase "thought train" in its exact sense: someone's line of mental enquiry.

Of course some people are going to take offence to what I say. It still doesnt detract from the fact that there are some people in this forum who are incapable of debate and are only interested in hoaxing, misinfo and partisan arguments.

Im not sure what you mean by the last half of your post. Affecting one's charisma and credibility through what means? If i lose credibility to some for calling their opinions the musings of an inbred, then i have no problem with it.

How many people on here have a though train considered "abnormal", how many people could take insult to an undefined post, you never stated what thought trains were "correct" or "false" you tink that might not cause some stir?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

See, now if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't feel so smart right now... Glad I could help!

link   

You need to relax, several of you. Can sense all this stress from hours of failure. Mainly the fact that many of you have tried so hard to get a point across, but noe seem to listen.

So far I only know of one person who isn't listening.

I am neither a teacher nor a manipulator. All i do is make people think. Regardless of intelligence, one can strengthen their mind. Like a muscle it can be excercised, and also torn. Many are "weak" so to speak, but can be strengthend.

OK, one can strengthen their mind to a degree. Every person has their own "cap" on how well they can understand.

I give answers to people, but only the ones they are already thinking.

There you are wrong. You know not of what they are thinking, who they are, or their history. Even a close family member, you do not know well enough to give them answers. If you fail to understand why, it is out of my hands.

I answered that question nicely, regardless. You said the same thing basicly, that we must present a question. Only i am willing to give an answer when the answer i already known, just blurred.

That is purely foolish to think the answer is known. Only your answer is known to you. You are assuming that they are thinking of the same answer. You answer a question nicely, to your point of view and life. To me you answered it horribly.

So what did your answer accomplish? Nothing at all. Why? Because if I think "why did he think that?" I am already building questions upon YOUR answer, not mine. I have become a follower of you and your answer. All I can do is find more answers for YOUR path, not my own.

A teacher is:
one whose occupation is to instruct

Instructs them to do what? Question. Or follow you?

A teacher is someone who elps people get further along with their thinking, make sure you recognise who is ready for answers, and who is ready for questions, for there are those that need both....ar at least clarified.

You are beyond arrogant if you think you know the answers for them, or when they are ready for them. They are ready for the answers when they answer them. You help further their thinking by asking them questions, not giving them answers. But again, if you cannot understand this, it is not my burden.

link   
my point is everyone has too much hate here. This will do nothing but fuel the enegry of those doing the bs, for these type of responses are exactly what makes them happy. Just ignore the stupid post, and it will disapear withing 4 hrs behind all the other posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Lastly, I would more likely characterize the prevailing condition as gullible and easily manipulated - not dumb. Forgive them, for they have years of indoctrination to MSM mind-control to overcome.

They are followers. Your point is? I don't blame them, and I have said that before. Followers will be followers, regardless of what side of the fence they sit on.

If you would like to see how easily people can be manipulated in order that you might have more compassion and be less judgmental, please see Skyfloating's very smart thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I don't recommend that thread. It was very rough and you would be better off going with the works of Gustav Le Bon, which I believe is actually referenced a bit later in the thread itself.

Not to mention skyfloating couldn't even understand the simple meaning of the zen-parable he quoted in his following post.

The fact is it is easy to manipulate because 9/10 people are more prone to it. A great deal of people are more comfortable with following. Its human nature.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think the OP needs a gread big >>>>HUG

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
ha, how do you know i do not know what people ar ethinking and thier history, how little you know of mankinds true potential. Goodnight it is time for me to retire.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I was actually thinking of quitting ATS soon.. I'm so damn tired of seeing the same threads pop up again and again.. See threads based on the OP's crazy beliefs about something he read 10 years ago.. Seeing threads based on "This is da evidence!!!oneone!! omg" and the thread turning out being based on some redicilous crap, that only the OP and some other lunatics believe in.

This place was great some years ago, but now it has definatly gone down the drain...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Who is it that is truly awake and who is still sleeping? What is being awake and what is sleeping? Who's to say?

My conscious mind trys hard to choose words to express meaning through a system of controls such as feelings and address. You then go about reading my word, but you don't percieve my words as I sent them forth unto the world. Rather, you'll use your personalize biased system to pecieve meaning and address controls such as feelings and direction and meaning.

You don't know what I'm saying. However you do have the choice of two ways to go about it. You can TRY hard to clearly understand where my words are coming from and search deep for the meaning therein or you can be clueless about the whole process of understanding and just assume blindly that the only reality is that which you percieve in your blind state of understanding.

Unfortunally, I've seen too many people go with the blind and confused state of misunderstanding through understanding rather then the logical way. I've seen people have full blown arguments with no one but themselves through the guise of communications with others, and worst off they always "win" the arguments as some form of sad self ego bloating.

When in reality they were not communicating at all to anyone besides the illsuionary construct they developed within their diesased menal state of chaos and confusion.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

As a reminder, the title of this thread is: "Is everyone on ATS dumb as hell?"

Judging from your posts, I am concerned you think it might be: "Is everyone uptight as hell?" or "mean as hell" or "rude as hell" Please try to lighten up. Maybe you should spend some time in DGTempe's "hug" post.

Oh hell - *HUG*

[edit on 15/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
FWIW OP, my limited experience of being mostly a lurker here on ATS has left me with the same exact sentiment. Oh well, at least ATS has some great alternative entertainment value. I've personally always had a smirk on my face when reading post from people chanting the 'deny ignorance' motto.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The funny thing is, I originally heard about ATS in another net forum. Some of the members of that forum thought ATS was a bunch of BS and were flaming it. I decided to check it out anyways, and I'm not disappointed that I did.

If you go to any net forum you will find people with different interests frequenting the boards. Some people on ATS like to tackle religion, while others love the UFO discussions. Still others like to put their 2 cents wherever they can. Nothing wrong with that.

There are people here with different motives too. Some like to contribute constructively to discussion, whilst other seek to derail it. I have seen members intentionally try to provoke reactions in the religious threads ( this isn't constructive)
The point is, ATS is a place where people who naturally question the world they are presented with, can meet and discuss. I think the OP is tired with members who perhaps don't truly share this outlook.

These members appear to question their world, but are all to ready to jump to the next conclusion.
But isn't that what the mods, and skunkworks are for? In any case Sacreligion, you can choose to steer clear of these bogus threads. I think a lot more of that would be better around here.

Also in closing, there is nothing wrong with being a follower. You cannot have followers without leaders. I may be a leader in my field of work, but when I am on this site, I follow the lead/research presented by the senior members. This is largely due to the fact that I simply do not know enough yet.
I still question and hold my own beliefs though.

The OP has a point, but emotions got in the way.
Maybe ATS isn't what it used to be (I don't know) but there is still some good discussion and content.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

You're on here, so, ya, I guess we are all dumb as sticks. Welcome to the dumb club. Why don't you be leader?

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join