It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Iraqi Insurgents Emboldened by Antiwar Reporting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Let me be clear when I say "we", I mean our government. The same that was twice voted in by the people. As a matter of accountability WE the people of this country should also carry some responsability for what has happen here, and hopefully we learned our lesson and apply it in the future.

Allow me to go off topic here for a sec, is this country elects someone like John McCain you know that this country would be at the doorstep of Iran in a heartbeat, this guy can not help too see himself as CIC. Remember how people from inside the Bush Administration come foward after the invasion to say that in 2000 when Bush came to power he already had as a goal to go to war with Iraq. Bob Woodward has written extensively about that, and I see a similar pattern with McCain and if the people elects him as President then we have obviously not learn our lesson.

Bottom line, the people, WE, put them in power, then we shoud be at some degree share part in the goods and the bads.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Again, with all due respect, the Bush administration wasn't put in power by a popular vote of the people.

The 2000 "election" was a scam, a bloodless coup perpetrated by the same powers that planned for and executed the events used to leverage and deceive the American people into supporting the invasion of Iraq, among other spurious things.

In the same manner, the 2004 "election" was an orchestrated sham, rife with irregularities and outright fraud.

Just as, once again, the current "election' is being staged and manipulated with the complicity of the MSM for the ultimate benefit of the greedy few.

At the expense of the many.

And yes, the heaving, complacent, somnambulant masses bear a responsibility for what has taken place, due to their easy acquiescence to such blatant bald-faced lies and sinister self-serving manipulation.

But they've been slowly and masterfully lulled and conditioned into being submissive sheep and cattle; more interested in being entertained than being informed.

Not unlike the proverbial boiled frog.

Or meat on the table, waiting to be devoured by the self-appointed elite.

So yes, we all have the blood of the innocent on our hands.

But this criminal administration put it there.

It's high time we make amends to those against whom, in our name, we've suffered to be sinned, wash our hands of the innocent blood, and replace it with the blood of the guilty; those who deliberately and with malice aforethought led us into this debacle of ravenous, insatiable debauchery.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And with all due respect, how has America responded... Even after all of this has become common knowledge?

We sit on our sofas, slackjawed and indolent.

Hate to say it, but yeah, we are to blame. If the people of this country would just realize how potent they actually are... but we're so much more comfortable living in our individual bubble wraps...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Very well said, we are not that far off in our line of thinking. I think that what this country need is some fresh faces and a serious shake up on foreign policy because obviously whatever we doing in that regard is not working. I still hold hope that this country could regain the respectability that it once had.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Common knowledge, perhaps, but only among a minority of the people to whom this should matter.

Count me not with the majority of slack-jawed and indolent, and neither, I suspect, do you my friend find yourself among their number.

It's up to us and our sort to give voice to the cry for justice and accountability, to pop the complacent from their bubble wrap, to upend the comfy sofa.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Actually, I do. And unless you're out busting your butt to change it, t hen I'm afraid you fall in there, too. Shaking our fists at our keyboards isn't especially useful.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually, I find myself pounding my fists on the keyboard.

I've been asked several times tonight to refrain from hitting the keys so hard.

The first step in affecting change is gaining the knowledge of what it is that needs to be changed.

The second step is sharing that knowledge with others.

By voicing what we've learned, we've already taken two steps towards a solution.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Because you know, a degree in economics means you know what the hell you're talking about! Puhleeze, these are the guys who sit in their chairs and shrug when we ask them about the economy, we're going to take them at their opinion on what insurgents in Iraq are thinking? Goddamned economists. GO back to pretending you're scientists.

You got that right!! Nothing like going to the horse's mouth for information and advice!!

Move along, we don't need any comments for the peanut gallery!

"these are the guys who sit in their chairs and shrug when we ask them about the economy"

I'll give you a hint: these doctors would be political economists. They don't concentrate on the economy like you so erroneously think they do. They basically concentrate on political efficiency. They most likely have concentrations in, from the sound of it, foreign security policy and developmental economics. These are the people who you WANT running the government - not like the jerkoff there now who has degree in BUSINESS.

They would be some of the best sources of information for concerns such as this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join