It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: MTV Warns Viewers of Looming Police State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow, those commercials are truly disturbing...and thought provoking. Although as another poster commented, not directly made BY MTV...MTV did agree to allow them to run. Good for them!

There was more impact in those 40 second commercials than in most commercials I see on the tv nowadays. Hopefully they open some eyes.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
think.mtv.com is doing business with mtv and is allowed to use part of there logo and allowed to advertise with a part of mtv logo used in there think mtv logo.
more interesting is the founders of think.

Think was built and launched with the support and expertise of the Case Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Goldhirsh Foundation and MCJ Amelior Foundation. These Founding Partners will serve as key advisors and help bring "Best In Class" non-profit organizations into the Think community

think.mtv.com...
So Bill Gates is a founder of Think.MTV.COM. So I wonder if he had anything to do with the videos they do lood very professional.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe I'm crazy, but it just seems to be like a simple "don't forget the holocaust" commercial to me. In other words, its a reminder that the holocaust was not some far away event that could never happen, but happened to real people. A powerful commercial, but I certainly wouldn't call it a "warning of a looming police state."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Heres the facts from them.

THINK.MTV.COM UNVEILS ARRESTING HOLOCAUST PSAs FROM EMMY-WINNING DIRECTOR MICHAEL FRANZINI AND ARNOLD WORLDWIDE
New York, NY – January 24, 2008 – Think.MTV.com, MTV’s youth-focused online activist community, today exclusively premiered two arresting 30-second public service announcements that recreate events from the Holocaust in modern-day America. The concept for the spots came from the same group at the Boston office of Arnold Worldwide that created the highly acclaimed truth® anti-tobacco campaign.

In one spot, a family lounges at home. Teen boys play a video game. Their sister carries schoolbooks in to begin her homework. Mom begins to prepare dinner. Suddenly, a team of soldiers bursts into their house and rounds up the entire family into a waiting truck, already holding dozens of others pulled from their homes.

In the other spot, people stand in a crowded subway car. At first, it looks like it could be morning rush hour in New York City. But then the train slams to an abrupt halt in a station and soldiers with dogs and machine guns order everyone into one of two huge lines on the platform.
Both spots end with a freeze frame that dissolves to an actual historical photograph, provided by the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC. They can be viewed at think.mtv.com...

1-24-08 press release in pdf format

“To prevent the humanitarian crises of tomorrow, we must never forget the tragedies of the past,” said Ian Rowe, VP of Strategic Partnerships and Public Affairs, MTV. “These striking PSAs from Michael Franzini and Arnold Worldwide serve to reawaken our audience to this dark chapter of human history – and inspire them to help fight against the atrocities being committed in the world today.”

Through a partnership with Facing History and Ourselves (www.facinghistory.org), MTV will offer its audience a way to learn more about and take action on the lessons in the PSAs. Facing History is an international educational and professional development organization that engages students of diverse backgrounds in an examination of racism, prejudice, and anti-Semitism – in order to promote the development of a more humane and informed citizenry. The group has just launched a profile on Think.MTV.com, allowing young people to learn about the historical development of the Holocaust and other genocides, then make the essential connection between history and the moral choices they confront in their own lives.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

“These striking PSAs from Michael Franzini and Arnold Worldwide serve to reawaken our audience to this dark chapter of human history – and inspire them to help fight against the atrocities being committed in the world today.”

The atrocities being committed in the world today. But yet they use New York as there camera location and the black uniforms the police use in New York for there protest as there dark chapter of human history memory flash back. Maybe theres a connection that they see a dictator taking power and building a private army (Black Water and now Canada) that does what he wants and cares less about the will of the US Citizens or Congress.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by octoberbug
The last couple weeks I've noticed a change in MTV (I only watch Rock of Love 2, I know, it rots my brain, but....). And it seems as if there is a pro-military agenda, yet anti-war. I swear one of the commercials for Celebrity Fit Camp or Boot Camp had the US ARMY logo at the bottom of the screen. And for all for the commercails there are stars and stripes in the backround. Then they also have that new movie coming out "Stop Loss", which is anti-war, yet it seems to have a very patriotic slant. I'm just confused by all of this, and it feels like a lion in sheeps clothes.

I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with American Culture shows like rock of love with bret michaels is probably one of the crappiest programs out there. But overall to make my point you ever seen a group of people at a party and they are all so full of crap or continiously keep talking about nothing that it baffles the mind. I do not understand the social structure of society. People say that I am Nieve but in my opinion alot of the contact or communication between people is somewhat weird and they are focused on control. I have been young and impresionable and have aloud people to make me think they are more powerfull than what they really are. However I just don't understand it, everytime I go somewhere public like the Galleria it is the biggest spazoid festival of people panicing and freaking out. There are a few places like Clear Lake or Atlanta that people actually act normal but the behavoir of some other people is astonishing.

As far as MTV sending out secret messages who cares, improve the quality of music or messages the music sends maybe that will make some changes. I do not believe the country is headed downhill. I think economic improvement is in order.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
These videos have nothing to do with warning viewers of a coming police state. They are trying to educate children on the holocaust. They were created because a guy named Michael Franzini went around interviewing kids and 60% of them didn't know what the holocaust was. So they created these videos to get people to ask questions about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join