It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: MTV Warns Viewers of Looming Police State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

VIDEO: MTV Warns Viewers of Looming Police State

www.blacklistednews.com

The two MTV commercials below blatantly warn its viewers to wake up and start thinking about the direction our society is headed towards. These small warning chirps coming from the young canaries at MTV are a sign that the human spirit can break the tight grip of the corporate controlled media. Tune in to the alternative for the latest on what's really happening behind the scenes. Click the link below.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So what does it say when MTV has commercials like this. Does it mean we don't have long to wait. Is the police state here or can it be stopped. Or are they just trying to make a joke doesn't seem like a funny commercial to me. And there msm.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
mtv commercial 1

MTV commercial 2
Heres the videos from youtube.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Already discussed and posted. Thanks for your hard work

Please add your responses in this thread

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

A forum thread and an Alternative News thread are permitted.

Feel free to comment in either thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Pretty crazy that these commercials are from MTV. A station that particularly caters to our younger generation. Maybe our youth are finally seeing what is happening in our current state of this country. Hopefully it will help to wake some people up if it isn't already too late.
Although they may just trying to make people more aware of the holocaust. Hard to tell.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
if its that mainstream as to be on mtv, i think there must be an agenda to make people believe a police state is coming. think about how popular this topic is getting. i dont think its that more people are becoming aware, i think, if anything its misdirection.
it seems that the "terrible state of america" or the "looming depression" is coming from every corner, for example yesterday when the stock market was up 400 points, one of the news stations i was watching had the headline below the talking head "the coming recession" of course i know things in the economy are looking terrible, but they wont even acknowledge the good things, if only temporary.

people always say the news is controlled to manipulate the sheep right?
as they say nothing makes the mainstream on accident, think about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The last couple weeks I've noticed a change in MTV (I only watch Rock of Love 2, I know, it rots my brain, but....). And it seems as if there is a pro-military agenda, yet anti-war. I swear one of the commercials for Celebrity Fit Camp or Boot Camp had the US ARMY logo at the bottom of the screen. And for all for the commercails there are stars and stripes in the backround. Then they also have that new movie coming out "Stop Loss", which is anti-war, yet it seems to have a very patriotic slant. I'm just confused by all of this, and it feels like a lion in sheeps clothes.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
perhaps to condition people

wonder what gov't camps they were headed off to

disturbing to say the least

back to bed , it's just tinfoil and doom and glooming right? perhaps people actually take time out of their day to study and improve their information organizing skills and connect some dots, using history as guide, and using their heart's intention to warn people . perhaps people who study history and corrruption just know something other people don't. Perhaps people can't digest some negative press or news w/0 this troubling their happiness in life, and so the best way to keep piece of mind, is label any info as B.S, or silly conspiracy theory's, see just saying the word grants a knee jerk reaction that wisks one back to sheeple land..amazing how the mind can work.

perhaps knowing when the ship sinks is the tuff part, in the hierarchy of errors perhaps warning people ahead of time will prove less than burying head in sand.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
___The government fears nothing more then the citizens that it serves. That is why over time they create fear, chaos and separation. Don't fear your government, yet....The time to start defending yourself is the time they start ceasing our weapons. The police and military are human beings as well. They have families, and emotions as well. Once they taste their own blood they will eventually start to become apart of us.

___We out number our police and military. If we have learn anything from our government, the best thing we need to learn is the gorilla tactics used by terrorists from other countries. Yes it is weak and it is cowardly, but sometimes those are the only ways to defend ourselves.

___If a bully beats a child up the best way for the child to defend himself or herself is a swift kick to the groins. That is how the government will fall.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
MTV didn't actually make these videos. There is a website at the end of the vids...www.think.mtv.com

its a youtube-type site for activists.

I thought it was a bit odd for MTV to do these. Turns out they didn't.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
So what does it say when MTV has commercials like this.

What it says is that it's an election year, and that MTV is trying to scare it's viewers into voting for it's candidate of choice.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by JBA2848
So what does it say when MTV has commercials like this.

What it says is that it's an election year, and that MTV is trying to scare it's viewers into voting for it's candidate of choice.

except its NOT MTV putting these out....it is merely a youtube type mtv site.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
don't think this is about scaring voteres into voting for mtv's candidate of choice, seems like some rationalization to maintain a perspective that this will be just a cyclical downturn.

and again in the hierarchy of erros, this could prove more dangerous reasoning than looking from other perspectives that aren't as "nothing to see here 'ish"

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by octoberbug

I'm so glad you raised this question of MTV being anti-war yet pro military. I believe this distinction is the precarious line we must all tread very, very carefully. As the mother of a son in the military, my greatest fear is that in our speaking out against the wrongness of this Bush administration war machine, we will ultimately turn the public against the troops themselves. The Vietnam Era showed that this is a real possibility.

I am thankful that all media are trying very hard to distinguish between these two differences. The war machine and policy set is a function of the administration. The soldiers and sailors signed up to "protect and serve" the people of this nation. The fault is in the lie-manufactured mission they were given.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well said, Dancedwithwolves.

While I don't have any family fighting in Iraq, I have heard the same concerns coming directly from people who do have family in Iraq and from the soldier's themselves. From what they've told me, the general consensus is while it is honorable to serve our country and they honestly believe we should be there to help promote democracy, they also feel that this administration has "hi-jacked" our military to promote special interests that don't represent America. And this is something they can't say outright without fear of repercussions/retaliation from their superiors, (it isn't a soldier's place to question orders).

On a side note, what I'd like to know is after this "war" what are we going to do for those soldiers returning with PTSD? How will they be treated (or not treated)?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

But MTV is airing them, correct?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Good vids, JBA2848, very disturbing in content.

The police state has been strengthening all along. Too bad all we can do
about it is "post", huh? Any action taken against it, results in being
surrounded by S.W.A.T. , and forcibly confined to a mental hospital, for
"psychiatric evaluation".

I stopped watching MTV when i could not find the video again by Krokus,
"Screaming in the Night", they pulled it for content, i guess.

Thought it was a big waste of time... but if they're showing more stuff
like this, maybe i should tune in once in a while.

What do you think about the coming police state? 9/11 has much to do
with it, of course; just a pre-cursor to martial law, huh? (swat on steroids).

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The kids are waking up, or maybe never had the chance to fall asleep like so many of us did. These times call for for a full waking consciousness and courage to match. I have been amazed at the intelligence and awareness of many of today's kids. They feel we are failing them, and they are stepping up.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by geek101

But MTV is airing them, correct?

in the same way youtube would "air" their videos....yes. Are these ones on tv?
i am in the uk and dont watch mtv anyway so i wouldnt know.
But the point remains....people are saying MTV made them and they didn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join