It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military investigates puppy-throwing video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Now thats just not necessarily so. I have known some very sweet men that have gone in to get the education afterwards . In a failing economy, it is becoming more an option for some younger folks to go ahead and sign up rather than face homelessness and hanging on the streets dealing with peer pressure. The job markets are really difficult for a young person with no real life skills or education. Also the recruiters are hitting them at the high school levels and basically preying on the lower socioeconomic kids with promises of never having to face actual combat. This is the truth. I know that this has been a very emotional issue for many myself included, but lets attempt to keep things in perspective.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWright

I too played it back several times and it really does seem like the dog isn't alive.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
So WHY the CONSTANT reactionary/defensive posts? I see it ALL the time.

We wouldn't have to be so defensive here if folks weren't so offensive towards us.

I'm not aiming this at you COOL HAND, I'm just saying : enough is enough. We are not condemning all military people.

Just the ones that don't agree with you (or people like you).

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I can't bring myself to watch it...I admit it, I'm a chicken.

But...from the posts I've read from people who have watched it (20 times??? I can't imagine) and commented on the 'yelping'...how does a dead dog yelp?? And the poster who said the dog never made a sound "until it was thrown"...mmmkay...so it was dead until it was thrown, then miraculously resurrected in time to yelp?

It's funny to kill animals (even amphibians) for kicks?

Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket???

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You see the Larger picture here is the Control the media has over the masses. You think this is bad?! You think that puppy should make Prime tme news! Are you serious! This is the simple act of keeping you sheeple occupied so that the real Sh*t won't get noticed. One thing this video shows the reaction of the public to ticky-tack things. I don't care if your an animal lover or not, 1,000 puppy off a clipp still wouldn't = 1 dead child.
And then you feed into this concept of hatred twards the wronge individuals.

You Blame us.
And we Blame you.

Enjoy you SUV

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is already being talked about feel free to join in.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Umm, it says the video has been removed, i checked everywhere, does anyone have it ?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What makes me sick is the global upraor about the death of a puppy, and not the mass killings going on everywhere by said military in general.
Middle east slight of hand? Go ask Penn & Teller what this little video represents.

Probably distracting you from the alleged rape and murder of an 8 month old pregnant ex-soldier by her ex commanding officer....

But yeah, that poor puppy...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

uhhhh yeah....why wouldnt a troop throwing a puppy off a cliff not make the news? If there was video of ANYONE doing that it would be on the news and there would be the same reaction.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Either the army has always been a haven for very sick individuals and the internet is offering a better opportunity to expose it, or this type of thing is happening more often.

Bolded for truth. No matter how many people have allegiance to the army and defend it tirelessly etc. it's hard to get people to admit that yes; the military attracts all sorts of violent, insane people. People that we wouldn't want in our homes, near our children etc.

At the risk of being accused of having a "fragile ego" and being "pro-military" I have to point a few things out. First, while people who just want to go shoot something may be attracted to the military they don't necessarily get accepted into it. During the enlistment process they ask you a million questions trying to find any character flaws that would prevent you from joining and they phrase them so that you get tripped up on your answers. For example, instead of asking "Do you take illegal drugs?" they ask "How much [insert drug name here] do you take/smoke/use each day?" They don't take just anybody. You have to pass a test, drug test, physical standards, not have anything they consider a deformity, and be mentally stable as far as they can tell with the questions they ask.

Not to mention if you have any type of violence in your past you will most likely be rejected. Yes people with felonies can join, but no more than one felony if I remember correctly, and even then it depends on what it is. Burglary, murder, etc. are not waiverable and you will be rejected for it. Is it possible for a few sickos to make it through and join anyway? Yes it is. But with a population of over one million, you will have people who are nuts. That's just statistics. Violent, insane people are not permitted to join the military. They get weeded out. And the few who are able to hide what they are long enough to enlist generally don't last long before being discharged for their behavior.

As has been pointed out before by another poster, you can't blame the military for this guys actions or demonize the military because of the few sickos who manage to enlist. That makes about as much sense as blaming and demonizing the post office for the few mail carriers who went on a rampage because the post office obviously attracts violent, insane people.

Now back to the topic on hand, I haven't watched the video because I just can't bring myself to watch a dog get thrown over a cliff. Granted I want to throttle my own dog when he chews up my shoes, but I just can't watch someone do that to an animal. That being said, if the dog was alive when it was thrown the guy needs to be discharged and charged with cruelty to animals. If it wasn't alive or if it was a fake dog, then I don't know... It's still sick even if it was fake.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Okay what about these videos of soliders in Iraq BLOWING DOGS UP

www.infowars.net...

Now, ABC news is trying to defend the soldier in the Puppy fiasco

www.prisonplanet.com...

Still think its fake??

WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTAGE ABOVE

Also dogs being shot for fun and wounded.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by talisman]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join