It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on off CA coast right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Husband called me and asked me if we shot off a missile or something in the horizon. He said theres something bright streaking across the horizon and he saw no less than 5 planes going after it. I looked but couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I ran in and got my camera around 6pm and took pics of the west horizon looking out somewhere towards Mailibu I think. I found the streaking object and followed it in zoom mode as I could see firey streaks coming off the end and saw it swerve right a bit too. I could see 2 streaks under it, probably from the aircraft chasing it. So it went south into some trees in my front yard and I lost it as it seemed to be going a bit downwards too.

Anyone else in So Cal see this tonight?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Great joint effort on both your parts! This is why it is good to be part of the largest conspiracy forum on the net. I can not wait until some of the people with experience get a hold of your picture and enlarge it for us to ponder further.
S@F!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well since our first sighting of the UFO over the fire back in Sept which I posted pics he calls me frequently about whats going on up in the sky and normally I can't see what he's talking about since he's a UPS man and his delivery route is about 3 miles up the street but on the other side of the mountains. This time I was able to check it out but not before my 2 year old slammed the door on me, little booger.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by favouriteslave]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm in Orange County and I wasnt looking out to the west at that time but I am not and do not see anything. Seems as if over the last month there have been a few of these fireballs, and every time I miss them!!! Good job at getting pictures. Hopefully we can get some eye witnesses from the area

Did you see any helicopters? Have you noticed an increase in helicopters? Do you know what type of planes they were? Thanks

[edit on 3/3/2008 by racerzeke]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
While I cannot say for certain what you saw, one thing that might fit the description is that normal contrails will look like streaks of fire (almost like something entering the atmosphere from space) when you view them while the sun is setting over an ocean. I have seen this effect many times over the gulf here in Florida and it can be quite beautiful.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wonder what the purpose in chasing after UFOs with planes is, since the UFOs have greater maneuverability and there's no way the UFO could be caught.

So what's the point in the government having planes chase after them?

Do they only chase some of them - one particular type of alien that isn't so friendly, maybe?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
While I did not see this one, I did see a similar thing last Friday. Same area of sky too. Been keeping my camera in my pocket in case of another show, but alas I was 5 minutes too late on my smoke break

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Great, I sure hope someone is working on enlarging the picture you supplied, sounds like there just might be something going on out on the West Coast.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What time was that at and what beach is that over?

There has been a lot more activity out of Los Alamitos lately including a lot more training too it would seem.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

www.flickr.com...

This is a similar effect to what I am talking about.
It simply contrails and the setting sun, the sun illuminates them after its over the arc of the earth do to their altitude.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
While I dont see anything unusual in your photos.

Maybe Vandeberg AFB launched something.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Good work you two!
Okay, I have enlarged and played with the colour and contrast to find in there was any defenition. Judge for your selves!
I will get hold of Internos to help further analyise the shots.

1st shot

2nd shot

Hope it helps.
H

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Good job Havalon, I knew it did not look anything like the suggestion above with the jet streaks in the afternoon sunset.
Internos do what you do best!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ok it was about 6pm and I think it's Malibu or Palisades and the object is NOT leaving any trails in the sky. It had a flaming tail but no contrails after it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I live at the top of Hill Street, and I was looking down at this wondering too.

I didn't really think anything of it, since I work in the Valley and see contrails that are insane some days. This didn't even look unusual to me but I wasn't looking hard enough.

Would really like to know more results from the pix. Wherever this picture was taken, I have a feeling we are VERY close neighbors - U2U me if ya can!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Good job Havalon, I knew it did not look anything like the suggestion above with the jet streaks in the afternoon sunset.

That was just a quick picture that I found showing something similar to what I meant. A big part of it is angle, if the jet is flying straight towards or away from the coast, and leaving a short contrail, it would appear to be a flame like on a rocket. Length of the contrail (persistence) will vary according to the atmospheric conditions at that time.

Actually, the thing in the center of the photo above looks a bit like a sun-dog also.

[edit on 3/3/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I work in Glendale, live in Burbank. I was inside when it occurred, so I of course did not get a chance to see it....
. Sorry!

But good to see I am not alone in the area...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I work in Glendale, live in Burbank. I was inside when it occurred, so I of course did not get a chance to see it....
. Sorry!

But good to see I am not alone in the area...

I'm close to Glendale. In Tujunga.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Actually, the thing in the center of the photo above looks a bit like a sun-dog also.

Yes that is possible, but why would the jets go flying out after a sundog? I still will hold my opinion until the final results are in here. The first picture enhancements make me think UAV

[edit on 3-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I live in Orange County and was out running errands at the time of this sighting, but did not notice anything. And I am ALWAYS watching the sky. I might be too far away anyway, if it was off Malibu.

Racerzeke, I don't know if you were referring to a general increase of helicopter activity or just related to this event, but I too have noticed too many of those blasted helicopters in the sky on a daily basis at all hours of the day and night. Sometimes they fly so low right over my house that they rattle the windows. It's very unnerving.

BTW, for all you folks who followed the thread about the multiple witness UFO sighting here in Orange County on January 26 of this year, mystery solved. I got a call from Mufon last Saturday and was informed that it was military flares over a stadium prior to a football game. (How many times have we heard that one???)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join