It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle beheads toddler in supermarket

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by poet1b

Please tell me where anyone in this thread has been defending this guy or calling for mercy?

Once, anywhere in all four pages?

He cut off a freaking babies' head, by all means, hang him high

On that I don't think you're going to find a lot of disagreement.

Ditto. Him and speakeroftruth, are having a very odd conversation?

Where is it coming from? lol

They seem to always want to take sides on every topic, "us against them" muslims are always the enemy to them, they are so into the muslim bashing, they think that when we are defending good muslims in general, that we are defending the scum like this beheading guy. lol

[edit on 3-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is an extremely horrible heart-wrenching story. As a mother and as a human being nothing could be worse than hearing of the murder of an innocent defenseless child. It makes me so sad and disturbed that there are people out there that could do something like this....reading some of the comments in this thread are almost as sad and disturbing as the story itself

My thoughts are with this family....

Michelle

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think the style of the killing is probably Muslim influenced. Not the actual drive that caused it to happen though.

This is just horrible.

I read about a women in USA who put a baby in a microwave to kill it. My God!

I understand cultural differences and all, but it's stuff like this that makes me think we do need world police =[

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

I think you are getting the word hate confused with distrust.

Ok let me get this right.
First, if someone does you wrong you must retaliate.
Second, if you decide to forgive make sure you get heavily compensated

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

"Do you want me to go on YouTube and find a video of a crazy person holding an infant at knifepoint right here in the good old USA because of some stupid domestic dispute?"

Please do, this isn't something I can remember recently. Also, threatening to kill a child as a hostage is a whole let less horrible than simply grabbing a child and brutally killing that child without any recourse.

Can you see the difference?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

OMG!!!! What is WRONG with people. I wish I never read this thread.

And for all the people that apparently missed this from the article:

Murder is punishable by death in ultra-conservative Muslim Saudi Arabia, where the death sentence is usually carried out by beheading.

Sounds like the uncle could face such a thing.

Ugh. I feel like puking. I hope the mother gets to carry out whatever justice is issued. People will scoff but I don't care. If someone did this to my child, the guilty party would never make it as far as the judicial system.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Its funny how you changed your 'hate' tone soon as you got pounced on.

Keep it up

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, I'm not going to look it up, one story about an infant getting butchered is quite enough to make me sick for the rest of the day thanks.

But if you don't think the same kind of thing happens here in the US, I'd suggest that you pay a little more attention to the news.

My problem is that you folks seem to think a child killing by an Arab is a good excuse to condemn all Arabs, but somehow an American mother putting her baby in a microwave doesn't reflect on America in the same way.

Using the tragic murder of an infant for hate propaganda is simply loathsome.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much what Muslims believe.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This really doesn't shock me one bit. We have nut cases all over the world. The human psyche in general is hurting right now...The world is truly in bad shape.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
For all the people who just want to spew hate against muslims;

From Iowa

Woman throws baby down rubbish chute, kills her

From Kansas

Woman kills Pregant woman and cuts out her fetus

From Texas

Another woman kills her Children in Texas

You getting the message yet?

There are sick murderers everywhere. Religion has nothing whatsoever to do with this. I suggest that people look past their indoctrinised notions, and realise that there are scumbags from all walks of life.

link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

"It appears that your kind of violence is okay and theirs is not."

Our kind of violence? Like Muslims do not commit the same kind of violent crimes as people in the west?

"You are intollerant of their moral values because they are different to yours."

You betcha, especially when they come to our nations and start demanding that we conform to their moral values. I reserve the right to condone anyone who does things that I do not agree with. If you see your neighbor beating his wife, are you going to look away because he thinks this is acceptable behavior?

"It's also difficult to condone a violent response to such an action."

I disagree, I think that it should be made well known that if someone commits a violent act against others, society will not only condone a violent act against them, they will employ people to carry out these violent acts. That is why we have police and courts. It is called justice.

"You are tarring a whole ethnic group with the same brush. Do you think Muslims reckon all Americans shoot groups of defenceless schoolchildren? Seems to be a fairly frequent occurrance these days, but anyone with half a brain would know that is not the case."

I don't think all Muslims cut babies heads off, and I never implied that. What I am saying is that this type of a crime does seem to be something more identified with Muslim culture, as I originally stated.

It's not like others do not criticize our culture. Am I fueling hate between groups, or am I standing up for my own particular group in the face of what I see as constant aggression on the part of others.

It seems to me that it is better to air ones differences than to wait until these differences boil over into hostility.

You might be better to ask what types of violent behavior makes a statement about different cultures. Are certain cultures more likely to commit certain types of crimes?

link   
Let's see.

The world picks an Island somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. We put no buildings, no nothing except people like that commit crimes like this.

A slow death or death by other inmates only the strong survive, well until one day each year they allow military training to take place.

Rules of engagement. None.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

Its funny how you changed your 'hate' tone soon as you got pounced on.

Keep it up

I challenge you to tell me when I have ever stated hating Muslims.
I am trying my best to understand it but all I keep running into are confusing contradictions. While your at it please provide links where good natured Muslim condemn the cowardly acts of Jihadis young and old.

I honestly don't hate Muslims I just can't trust them.
I'm serious, help me understand why there is still a primitive eye for an eye type attitude.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Now we're having a balanced discussion on what is obviously a highly emotive issue. There are two distinct sides. Those who distrust, loathe or hate people they cannot understand.. and others who are afraid to admit their prejudices.

I admit that I do not like what the media tells me about Muslims. I do not agree with most of what I read about Muslim culture in the western press. However, I live next door to a Muslim family and they are lovely people. I couldn't wish for better neighbours.

This is about a vile act of murder in a community that will be more disgusted and shocked than you are. The uncle will be executed. It is NOT about Muslims.

Anyone who thinks that this kind of act requires retaliation or compensation is very obviously attempting to gain some 'street cred'.. and probably needs it.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Myrdyn]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Please tell me where I claimed anyone was defending this guy for his crime.

People want to quickly scream that discussing this issue is nothing but Muslim bashing, rather than discussing whether or not this type of crime is a reflection of Muslim culture.

I hear western culture criticized all the time, and I don't see large numbers of posters claiming about how unfair it is to criticize western culture. Any discussion of problems with Muslim culture is immediately labeled as Muslim bashing.

I have heard many non whites claiming that all serial killers are all white, and they are not too happy when you point out those who are not. All cultures have their problems, and when things like this happen, is is a good idea to discuss those problems. If you were to pay attention, you will find that I have no problem criticizing my own culture. Most of the posters here who cry about those being critical of Muslim culture are always quick to bash western culture.

Excuse me, but I am disgusted by political correctness. To me, PC is hypocrisy raised to a whole new level.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

"My problem is that you folks seem to think a child killing by an Arab is a good excuse to condemn all Arabs, but somehow an American mother putting her baby in a microwave doesn't reflect on America in the same way."

I would say that an American mother putting her child in the microwave reflects on America in a different way.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I hear western culture criticized all the time, and I don't see large numbers of posters claiming about how unfair it is to criticize western culture. Any discussion of problems with Muslim culture is immediately labeled as Muslim bashing.

Considering that the vast majority of this board comes from the west, why is this surprising?

Criticizing your own culture is a whole different kettle of fish than criticizing someone else's (which you don't know nearly as much about).

One proceeds from knowledge, the other ignorance.

And political context matters.
There is clearly a movement afoot to promote a cultural war, in point of fact a genocidal war, between Islam and the West. It is coming from extremists in both cultures.

And only by constantly confronting hate propaganda can those on either side prevent it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I hear western culture criticized all the time, and I don't see large numbers of posters claiming about how unfair it is to criticize western culture.

And you won't ever see it here. "We" are just so "EEEEEvil."
America is "always wrong." BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....

What I see on this thread is a big reason why I don't post much anymore... They are quick to defend a group of people who are obviously creating problems in this world, yet, they want to shift blame on others with their out of this world conspiracy theories. It's rather insulting to my intelligence, really.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you for bringing a bit of common sense and perspective to proceedings.

Imagine if the rest of the world judged the UK ad us Brits by the actions of Beverely Allitt, Fred West etc, etc.
The names are far too many for me to list here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join