It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle beheads toddler in supermarket

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Uncle beheads toddler in supermarket

www.news.com.au

A MAN beheaded his 15-month-old nephew in front of his mother in a supermarket in Saudi Arabia apparently after a family dispute, newspapers reported.

The 25-year-old Syrian national picked up a knife from the store in the Red Sea city of Jeddah yesterday and decapitated the little boy in full view of shoppers, Arab News said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is not going to do good things for the image of Muslims.

Westerners already seem to believe that Arabs will behead someone at the drop of a hat.

CT

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
WTF??

What kind of twisted individual would do something like this? Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What the hell that is just sick. I can't even voice my opinions on the person who did that without being moderated. Just

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This has me in complete and utter shock. That is just so horrible. How could anyone ever do anything like this? It's incomprehandable.

15 months old. As innocent as a child can get and he gets brutally murdered by a family member.

I didn't think there was such evil in this world. I really didn't.

+42 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Barbaric as this was, did it actually have anything to do with being a Muslim or was it just a sick murderous act?
In the West we have our own twisted sickos, sexually abusing, then beating to death toddlers and young children. Child killing is not a Muslim-only trait, neither is beheading.

Murder is murder, whatever the colour or religious background.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Barbaric as this was, did it actually have anything to do with being a Muslim or was it just a sick murderous act?

Definately the latter. But that is not the point.

I was shocked by the story as much as anyone, but being honest here.

Are we not 'conditioned' to subconsciencely link beheadings to muslims?

I guess that is what I was commenting on. For some reason that is what came toto mind when reading the story. So thats what I posted.

CT

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Agree with you there on the conditioning. All the rather suspect videos and threats after the initial beheading video to made it's way onto the net were without a doubt there to condition people.
Saudi still beheads people, they are Arabs, therefore Arabs want to behead people. Run for the hills!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I also agree this has nothing to do with being Muslim. Of course a lot of people will put the blame on being Muslim. This story still makes my stomach feel bleh

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Beheading seems to have been common practice for the Arabs for hundreds of years.

Does anyone know what other countries practice beheading?

Maybe the USA ought to try beheading for some of our most hideous crimes. Yes, beheading is harsh, but so is the rape or murder of children.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The report only states that he was a Syrian national, it is entirely possible that this man was a Christian so the "mental Muslim" comments have little bearing for this thread. That said, the man is obviously insane to commit such an act - I dread to think what sort of state his wife is in.

Beheading has been a method of execution since the earliest days of humanity, it was widespread as a punishment across Western Europe, but is no longer an execution method in those few Western Countries which still have the death penalty. As well as Saudi Arabia, I believe that Indonesia still uses beheading.

[edit on 3/3/08 by Naboo the Enigma]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I agree, unfortunatly we will always have insane people doing insane things.
Last week I was reading about a crackhead lady who put her baby in the microwave! twisted, sick, yes but just plain insane in the true sense of the word.
all you can do is cry and shake your head,
and try and move on.........

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm speechless.

At least he's going to get the same treatment. But it's not enough in my eyes. Lock him in solitary confinement for 10 years, then kill him. He deserves nothing less.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
OMG I clicked on the title very hesitantly.

What a very distressing thing to read. How absolutely tragic!

I can't believe how it is possible that people can discuss this, re: muslim image or beheading et cetera; I just can't be detach myself enough to find words as yet.

This is one of those stories I will lay in bed thinking about.

Sad, so sad.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Naboo the Enigma

Shia Islam
Suuni Islam - second largest religious group
Ismailis
Druze - third largest reigious group
Yazidis
Alawis, (or Nusayris) - largest rekigious group
Judaism
Christianity

pick one - those are most of the religous groups in Syria.

£10 says most people here will not have heard of the 2 largest religious groups either.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Nothing to do with muslims?
Are you ALL like 17 or something???
Women are seen as PROPERTY and can be treated as such!
Stop stoning and killing women!

To understand the heinous double standards at play, look no further than the case of a 19-year-old Saudi woman who was gang-raped last year.

Despite being abducted and raped by seven men, a court in Saudi Arabia sentenced her to 90 lashes because she was in a car with an unrelated man before she was abducted. Saudi Arabia’s ultra-orthodox interpretation of Islamic law preaches a strict segregation of the sexes.

Reality with a Bite

In Shari'a law, women can be put to death by their male relatives. Namely, if a man find his wife, his sister or female cousin in extramarital affair, he has the right to kill her without being punished. Bourguignon showed an article that appeared in New Nork Times where a father killed his 15-year-old daughter in Lebanon because she had a sexual relationship with a boy and the father was sentenced to just nine months. Bourguignon pointed out that "The man involved was a Saudi. Had he done the same thing at home, there would have been no penalty" (25). In contrast, the Shari'a law does not mention anything if a woman finds her male relative or even husband in extramarital affair which does not make any sense for penalizing females only.

The amount of kissing up to the country that supposedly sent ALL of the 911 hijackers is not good!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ugh that's sick Its sad how many times a child is often times dragged into disputes that they should never be a part of. At least Justice will be served
That's all I can say.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is just another example from the area that gave us murder bombers.

While killing children is by no means only done in this depraved area of the world, it just shows what this person was capable of.

The only up side to this story is that Saudi Arabia doesn't coddle convicts like the USA does. A death sentence there means that, not 15 more years of appeals and then the sentence commuted because of some dumbassed politician can't stand the thought of putting someone asleep.

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
8th trimester abortion?

Incomprehensible.

reply to post by Clearskies

What does women being treated as property have to do with the child? Sorry, Christianity has a far worse track record than Islam, so quit trying to make that the issue. A sick demented **** is a sick demented ****.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by apc]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
One things is very clear,its DEFINETLY NOT A 'MUSLIM THING'!

People like these give a bad name to the whole 1.5Bil muslims.But i am 100% sure that these kind of sickening practises are Totally FORBIDDEN in Islam.

I guess anti-islamists are gona jump on this thread soon and start their own ramblings...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join