It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof if there's GOD?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i had been in the same boat at one point...asking myself the same thing
...so to myself i came to a logical conclusion that...you cannot disprove that God does or does not exsist...but you can ask yourself...who determined there was a God and named it God and began to praise it...you don't know
...however you can visually prove that there has to be an ultimate creator/higher power of the universe...i mean we didnt just appear from a sneeze, this all has to be created somehow, right?
So, my answer...no proof there is God...but proof of an ultimate creator/higher power

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
reply to post by freighttrain

Exactly!! I could not have said it any better.

So drugs are the answer to spiritual enlightment

No wonder you can't see the forrest for the trees - you're stoned out of your

gourd. Go to an NA meeting or something. Gods not found in dope.

You're true colors show through now....

You're on ignore dopey

[edit on 28-2-2008 by NGC2736]

Let me explain few things to you, since it doesn't seem like you can understand (maybe you're too young and if you are, you shouldn't try to educate yourself). "Drugs" are simply labeled drugs because of what government and politicians defined as being drugs. In that case "caffeine" (coffee, pop drinks, tea, etc..) as well as , "tobacco" and "alcohol" are considered DRUGS as they alter your state of concisenesses! So let's look into this word and really understand why some drugs are legal and other illegal and how all this relates to spirituality and God.

First of all "drugs" such as '___' are chemicals in plants, which ironically enough our own brain naturally creates this with our Pineal Glads (this part of our brain is still a mystery to scientists). when we're born our Pineal Gland creates a huge amount of '___' naturally, it fades to around 1-4% over your entire life time within a year of your birth, when you die your brain recreates this at the time of your death to the exact same amount as when you worn born. In fact people that have had "out of body" experiences on their death bed all claim to see a white tunnel and see their dead loved ones. At this time the pineal glands recreates a HUGE amount of '___'. Working almost like a gateway to other worlds (dimensions)

'___' such drugs has been consumed over thousands of years by tribal members as a spiritual gift from nature to explore altered consciousnesses to see the world for what it is. In fact as much as intense this 5-10 min experience is it is a spiritual shift within the individual as he/she sees the world made of pure energy and how we're all connected as living beings. That includes our planet, plants, insects, animals, humans, etc... in fact many practice taking similar type of "drugs" to enhance their spiritual connection with the source (same as you going to church and donating money and listening to someone preach you on how to live life, they do it a bit more differently... more genuine I would say).

Now why is something so beautiful (natural plants) considered "illegal" with our government, yet other legal drugs such as alcohol, tobacco, medication pills (anti depressions, sleep pills, etc... which are addictive and very harmfull to mind/body) are considered okay in our social structure?

Because there is something within ALL of us (some call it god) that is trying to shine the path of your soul, to show you how life is SOOOO MUCH more then you can even begin to dream of, that you as a being are part of this enormous beauty that we're part of. It proves to you that we're NOT alone, nor are we separated, will stop ALL wars and help you evolve as consciousness to live in peace and harmony with one another! It awakens your true being and purpose to existence!

The government knows about this and by you understanding this, they will loose control over you. This is what ALL religions do now, mass mind control of society. You being their hand puppets, scaring you of your own curiosity and instead of letting you making decision over your own purpose, they tell you how you should be like! Let's not BS each other, we both know how government dose NOT have our best interested in mind, otherwise they would ill legalize other harmful drugs (smoke, pills, etc... ) and many more evil things they do.

ALL natural plants are there for you to experience with, take as a gift from the gods and goddesses that created you, to explore your true sense of being in an altered state of consciousnesses as reality

ps. GROW UP!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Well, actually I did declare that I was not an atheist. Again with the us vs. them mentality. It is not a black and white issue. I am trying to head to my friend's house but I am compelled to reply as you tend to post in a condescending tone, which I try to imitate. I am not just referring to the huge leap in logic to claiming that just because that one species is off everything about evolution is wrong. This is a common logical fallacy known as oversimplification. I am referring to all of your previous leaps in logic to respond. For example, let me paraphrase, life must be of intelligent design because it does. Excellent, infallible logic. Were you a disciple of Socrates?

Again, I am not an atheist. I believe in a higher power, and I am in pursuit of understanding it. However, the research, philosophizing, and introspection has led me to conclude that Christianity is for certain not the "right path". I am merely criticizing the concept of adhering to an established belief system and allowing one's opinion to be influenced, or perhaps even dictated, by a hierarchal Organization of which one man is elevated to a position of supreme authority (I am referring to Catholicism). What I am saying is don't let someone else tell you what to believe you have to figure it out for yourself. I went to church for a time to see what they taught. Aside from glittering generalities and misrepresentations of other religions, I found much of the teachings, though helpful in developing moral character, have little or nothing to do with the true nature of the Absolute. All I am saying is that people should be encouraged to find out the true nature of the Absolute for themselves through philosophy and introspection.

Ok I am for real going to go now, as I have told my friend I would meet up with him about an hour ago. I'll depart with another joke,

your mother is so fat, when she fell through one of whammy's logical holes, she got stuck, son!

-edit-
freighttrain, I salute you!

[edit on 28-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'll say one more thing, a short answer on what I think God is...

God is an energy fueling the conscious state of all the universe.

and what is our purpose!...

Our purpose isn't the "answer" we're all looking for, it is all about the "questions" we ask. It's to explore our own soul into finding a reason for existence. Some call it soul searching.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hprojectz1402

If we did appear from a sneeze something would have to created the sneeze. But that would not be the beginning because the sneeze creator would have to come from somewhere, maybe an alternate universe where sneezing was much more productive (maybe they practice nasal irrigation). Where did the alternate universe come from? Who created it? Where did it's creator come from? I can keep going. Well I suppose the difference is one seeks answers and one seeks mystery.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
its all nice and good to continue to speculate and theroize about this topc but thats all we are doing,there is no proff either way...............also i love how my statements dont get debated!.....hahha

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
oh.......frieghttrain i love your quote.....haha,its great and.......TRUE

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
think about this.

sight. our eyes see light reflected off objects which our brain then interprets to create the vibrant wold in which we live.

sound. Everything creates vibrations which travel to your ear and vibrate your ear drum, creating the things that you hear.

how can the human body have evolved so perfectly without some kind of help from a larger being than our selves.

but maybe I'm not giving evolution enough credit.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I agree with your statement that god is the universal energy (consciousness) and that much about that inner beauty can be discovered through introspection and psychedelic plants such as salvia divinorum and so on. In fact, in the old days, people would consume amanita muscaria on astrologically important dates such as the solstices and equinoxes to become more in tune with the divine.

However, I disagree slightly in that I do not believe that the within is all important. It is important but we also need a balanced knowledge of the physical world too.

Right now, I am beginning to come to the conclusion that the Absolute, or existence as we know it is both Everything and Nothing at the same time. To better explain this concept, consider the yin-yang symbol. What do you see? White and black fluid-esque shapes that represent the duality of all things. It also represents balance. What most, including me prior to December of 2007, see in this symbol is the two colors to represent balance. However, one must see the symbol as a whole too. The reason that Existence is both Everything and Nothing is because all existence (everything) is a manipulation of the Nothing. The whole of existence (or the whole of the yin-yang) cancels itself out to still equal nothing. The simplest way to show this is matter vs. anti-matter.

Imagine the world that we know (the matter world) to be one side of an equation, and the anti-matter world the other. It can be represented as such:

2 = 2

You can further manipulate this all you want.

2 + 2 = 2 + 2.

2/x = 2/x

and the Void or the state of Nothing being

0 = 0

Do you see how all things exist as a manipulation of the nothing? As long as both sides are equal, they cancel out. All physical concepts of the world can be understood in this manner, i.e. law of thermodynamics.

To tie this back into my concept of god, I believe god to be two-fold in nature:

light energy and gravity energy, but I think that the two infinite energies are one, as gravity exists in all matter with mass, and matter is merely a slowed down form of energy (E=MC^2). That's my concept of god at this point in my life, and I am still trying to reason it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
here's video of a guy proving GOD exists thru a banana

Google Video Link

[edit on 28-2-2008 by beastamerica]

[edit on 28-2-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

I think it's more life adapting to the environment than the environment adapting to life. This is why sight didn't develop until a ways down the evolutionary line.

Any form of disturbance is detectable and therefore can be a sense. There may be senses developed on other planets that we have never dreamed of.

Or how about mollusks being able to sense the location of the moon? They open their shells not because of the tide but rather the location of the moon. Perhaps they sense its gravity. Perhaps they sense something else.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Look in the mirror your made in his image and likeness.

Keeper

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

My experience was somewhat similar. It's difficult to describe to someone who hasn't had the same experience. But, as I've said before, we are only responsible for ourselves. All we can do is spread the "good news". If you choose to disbelieve, you shall, in the end get what you wish for. Isn't that what an athiest wants? Life apart from God?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You've been deceived. Drugs are a tool of evil spirits.

Using chemicals for a spiritual experience is called sorcery. In the Bible when you see the word sorcery it is actually pharmakenia in Greek. That's where the word pharmacy comes from. It is always associated with evil. For instance:

Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,
(deut 8:10)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker

My experience was somewhat similar. It's difficult to describe to someone who hasn't had the same experience. But, as I've said before, we are only responsible for ourselves. All we can do is spread the "good news". If you choose to disbelieve, you shall, in the end get what you wish for. Isn't that what an athiest wants? Life apart from God?

Yeah, thanks I was getting mugged in this thread earlier today I couldn't keep up. I don't mind taking a little heat and I do not think I know everything that's for sure. But I will deny ignorance, like finding yourself in drugs.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein
think about this.

sight. our eyes see light reflected off objects which our brain then interprets to create the vibrant wold in which we live.

sound. Everything creates vibrations which travel to your ear and vibrate your ear drum, creating the things that you hear.

how can the human body have evolved so perfectly without some kind of help from a larger being than our selves.

but maybe I'm not giving evolution enough credit.

Yep - I think you got the last part right

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Concerning substances, in scripture, it says that which goes into a man does not make him evil, but what comes out does.

THC, '___', '___'.. not evil, blank. Tools.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Tools of evil... it's called sorcery.

If you live long enough you'll figure it out the hard way.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
its all nice and good to continue to speculate and theroize about this topc but thats all we are doing,there is no proff either way...............also i love how my statements dont get debated!.....hahha

That's because there's nothing to debate!! You said it yourself: there IS no proof - hence no debate either... It's really a pretty funny thread - designed to make the whole subject look as rediculous as it actually is.

Naughty, naughty OP

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

And here's an atheist debunking that with a pineapple:

It cracked me up

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join