It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot sighting this afternoon...maybe.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well...well...well.

I've wanted to see Sasquatch all my life. This afternoon, I may have...

I'm not totally convinced I did, but it seemed a little large to be a farmer just roaming his field.

Here's what happened...

I had just turned off of a road called Scenic View road headed south on the road leading back to Walla Walla, I can't remember the name of the road. Just as I got up to speed (50 mph), I caught a glimpse of something dark on the wheat field stubble. I figured at first it was a deer, but it had two legs not four...it was around 3/4's of a mile across the fields headed towards the crest of the hillside he was on. By the time I got stopped, and I stopped rather suddenly...lol, and grabbed my binoculars from the back of my car, it was, of course, gone over the crest.

Being private property, I wasn't going to trespass to go look at the tracks, if any...

Height: @7 to 7 1/2 feet. Not a large Sasquatch, and being that I was in a moving car, I could be wrong about that.

Weight: I've no idea, really.

Color: Dark, presumably brown or black hair.

That's all I know, until I can get permission from the owner to go look for tracks. That should be an interesting conversation...lol.

Me: "Excuse me, sir. Yesterday I was driving by your house and I think I may have seen a Bigfoot crossing the hill just south of your house. Would you mind terribly if I looked around for some tracks? No sir, I'm not a nut."

Farmer: "Bigfoot, you say? Suuuuure ya did, you nut, you. Get offa my porch before I call the guys in the white jackets."

Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained... Hopefully, he'll be cool about it, and give me permission. Depending upon what I find, I may or may not submit a report to BFNO.

I'll post the results of my quest for permission. Obviously, any further investigation rest on that, anything else will be conjecture.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey you'd be suprised this guy will probably go with you. the public are well aware that much is still to be discovered!

Just remember that you have to respect this guy's property and alway's ask befor taking photo's

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Wouldn't dream of violating his property...not just rude, but illegal too. I'm hoping he'll be reasonable...if not, the story stops there.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, I stopped at the farmhouse this morning...the farmer had his doubts as to my sanity, I think, but was totally cool...he even walked up the hill with me to where I thought I saw what I might have seen, if that makes sense.

Saw nothing...no tracks, nothing...darn it all. The farmer did give me permission to wander around and check it out. As long as I let him know if I find anything...I think I might take him up on that offer. I know I saw something, and I'd kinda like to find out what it was. Maybe while I'm on vacation in the next couple of weeks.

The farmer said no one was out in the fields working. No cows or other larger farm animals. It wasn't a stump, or a fence post...so it is a mystery for the moment. This is actually kinda cool. Anxious to see where it leads, if any where...

Must say I had a blast this morning, even though nothing turned up.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Good for you for checking out your sighting! Neat!
You might want to find a Sasquatch/Bigfoot forum (I usually use BFRO but there are others) and search their database for that area. Usually you can find at these forums newspaper articles that might be of some help, too.

Had the farmer had any personal sightings around his farm? Around the area? Had he ever heard anyone he knows tell about a sighting? Or maybe just something unexplainable?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just bumping the thread to see if you have been back there or not, please keep us updated. On a side note, it is great to hear of a landowner that would let you wander about. I don't think I would have had the courage to talk to a landowner and tell him what I saw.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
An Update.

I drove out to the place again today, around 130 pm. The farmer, who has asked to remain nameless, was home and told me the following.

About a week ago, that would be last Saturday, just after full dark, he and his wife heard knocking that he described as kinda like a woodpecker only kinda not. Not sure what that means exactly, but he thought it was a little strange for a woodpecker to be knocking after full dark. Other than that, he said there has been nothing else happening that he's aware of.

The knocking came from up furthur into the hills south and slightly east of his house. It's rather heavily wooded with very steep sided gullies and small valleys. Several of them are straight shots virtually all the way into Oregon and the Umatilla Nat'l. Forest. Not all that far away is the area around Blacksnake Ridge where a sighting occured about a year ago if I remember correctly.

Just so you know. I, didn't personally hear this episode, darn it all. Just reporting it. Something may be happening around there, then again, it might have indeed been a woodpecker. Too little info at the moment.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the update! The woodknocking does sound interesting. I'm not sure I've ever heard a woodpecker at night. Hmmmmm
Hope you get a chance to check in once in awhile with an update from that area, or even just anything else you might have run across.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Another Update...

Went out to the gentlemans farm again this morning, @11am, and heard a very interesting story.

About two weeks ago, he was out checking his wheat well up into the hills in the general direction of Blacksnake Ridge. Early morning about 7am or so. He heard woodknocking back futher into a grove of cottonwoods, when he moved down towards it a little bit, some crashing and snapping of branches. He'd spooked something, and that something spooked him...lol. He was honest enough to tell me he isn't going anywhere near that grove without someone with him, or a gun.

He also told me one of his neighbors has heard evening woodknocking. Won't tell me who, or where, though. Hoping as I get to know him better, I can convince him to introduce me to the other guy.

He's asked me not to make a report to BFNO. For now, unless I get something really spectacular, I'll respect that wish. Probably will no matter what I find...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
'woodknocking' was mentioned in a Monster Quest episode about Sasquatches.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wood knocking is a fairly common occurance with Sasquatch encounters. Other primates do it as well, for what that's worth...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thanks again for another update. The more I read about the wood knocking and the throwing of sticks/stones, the more I am convinced of an unknown primate.

I hope you run into evidence like hair or prints someday.

If I might ask here, seagull. There's an Oregon connection to this...

Here's something I throw out to any hunters. Has anyone heard of a bear giving a loud bang to an occupied truck or camper? Only one, then no more. I know bears stand up next to or break into unoccupied vehicles, but what about banging on them. Whenever I've seen bears, they've been quiet.

Also, how common is it to see bears standing on a road? I've seen pictures of bears standing rubbing against a tree.

Or bears taking away an elk carcass hung high from a tree branch?

Having never hunted, I am curious what hunters know about this.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Any updates? Have you gone back since? I am glad I stumbled across this thread! You come across as very sincere.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would keep getting to know the farmer and perhaps ask if you could spend a weekend wandering his property. How about a overhead view of the property.

mikell

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

The Oregon connection is, to my mind, a valid observation...

Umatilla county, Oregon is directly south of Walla Walla County, it's a bit of a walk, but that particular portion of both counties are rather rugged farmland with sparce populations of us humans. A small population could exist with little or no interaction with us.

The stories of Sasquatch in this area go back just about forever, certainly predating the advent of whites into the area during the early 19th, and late 18th centuries. The native americans of the area have many stories of the large wild man of the woods...almost exclusively they say the creature is reclusive, and dangerous, but not evil.

I'm not 100% convinced this is Sasquatch, but I'm at a loss to say what exactly it is. Hopefully, I, or my two farmer freinds, will see something to answer the question. Only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
An interesting development in my on-going semi-investigation of Sasquatch, or is it a semi on-going investigation? Anyway...

Just got back from a quick check in with my farmer friend. Seems that since early January something, or someone, has been stomping around in the canyons back behind Blacksnake Ridge. Smudgy maybe footprints in the mud, fences torn up in spots, and assorted other mysterious goings on... At one point, though I can't find any public records of this, sheriff's deputies from Walla Walla County were called to the scene of one of the fence tear downs... So no reports were apparently filed...

No sighting per say, just odd occurrences. Given the amount of snow this year, and the relative inaccessibility of this particular area during the winter, vandals of the human variety, while not out of the question, seems unlikely.

I must say this is getting very, very interesting. My curiosity is piqued, you might say...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Pretty cool SG. What's funny is that the farmer went from looking at you like you were a bit loony to providing several leads and several stories about knocking and muddy prints and some damage.

Can you post a link to Google Maps or something to give us a general idea of the area? Certainly don't identify the actual or exact farm, but I'd like to see the surrounding woods and terrain and get a feeling for if a group of Sasquatch could exist there.

IMO, all sightings should include a map, and some photos. Did you take a camera and get any shots at all? How about a shot (again without revealing locale) in the perpective where you were driving and looked across the field and maybe put an X where you saw the animal?

Thanks again for the report.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Syandos

I'll do what I can. I'm not very good with this linking stuff...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I must say this is getting very, very interesting. My curiosity is piqued, you might say...

Ditto! Thanks for the update, seagull.
Is it possible for a large animal (maybe with antlers, horns ?) to somehow become entangled in the fencing and tear it down to escape? How often would something like that happen?
I guess if the sheriff had to be called out, maybe that was not the case?

love the avatar BTW

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Take some pics of the disturbances and post them if you can maybe one of us could spot something people involved are missing or may have over looked I live just a tad south of Walla Walla.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join