It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot sighting this afternoon...maybe.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Could you please describe exactly what he /she looked like? And do you have any thoughts on why he/she decided to allow you a look?

I also have had a close encounter with what I believe was a sasquatch in the Taos NM area. I did not see him, but also understand that primal zing that both you and wupy describe. But this is your story and for what it is worth I fully trust your honesty. Could he/she have been able to traverse multipal dimensions?

If you do not live too far, I would say that he/she just may already know you...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Could you please describe exactly what he /she looked like? And do you have any thoughts on why he/she decided to allow you a look?

Exactly? I'd say between 7 to 7 and half feet tall. Very broad, weight above 400 lbs easily. Dark, probably brown, fur and extremely matted now that I think on it. It's the eyes that arrested me, I can't really tell you why, or why it had such an effect on me. But it sure as hell did.

As to why? I think it was just passing through and I caught it by surprise...though if the spiritual aspect I sort of conjecture, how could I have? It would have known I was coming. So maybe it was a deliberate act on his part? I can't know.

There was a member, who's name I can't recall, who conjectured that Sasquatch and his counterparts in other parts of the world are, in reality, something like guardian spirits of nature. Gaia's children, if you will... I dismissed the notion, but now maybe not so much... I make no claims to omniscience, and the world in indeed a strange and wondrous place.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hey, maybe I'm wasting my time asking. I'm 18 and I live in lower Yakima Valley. As scary as it would be to see one, I was wondering if you could drive me by there some time and possibly go for a walk spanning the area but not entering the forest. Just even if I didn't see it I'd still love the experience.

I used to live up in Skagit Valley past Seattle. A friend of mine's father and a group of people had found tracks one time. They made molds of the feet. My friends dad kept 3 of the molds. I remember them very well too. One of the molds was still in tact but the other two had broken in half. They had to of been size 20's or something... huge.

But yeah, any way if you don't mind I'd love to just visit the area, if your up for it message me or something. If you've had enough then I understand either way.

Either way thanks for the story.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wow, it would be awesome to see a Sasquatch, although here in New Zealand I don't think that will be likely.

At least now you can rest knowing the truth, a lot of people never see the proof they truly need to believe in things like Bigfoot, and you're lucky enough to see such a thing.

If I lived in the US I would definitely want to go on an expedition. Thanks a lot for sharing this experience, it's given me more reason to believe in the Sasquatch.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Wolf

I didn't so much "need" proof, as I wanted to see it for myself. I was already a believer, though somewhat skeptical of the sheer numbers of sightings...not all of them could be Sasquatch afterall...

The thing that bothers me the most about this is the effect it had on me...it scared me, right down to my toes. Quite litterally there are indeed things that go "bump" in the night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I saw it. The knowledge that there is indeed something outthere that may be beyond science's current knowledge is invigorating and enlightening.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's very interesting to me, to read this thread (probably the third time now) and see the development of your feelings toward this occurrence.
I went through the same progression of feelings during and after my encounter, and had kept his secret for over 30 years. I don't have any deep need to 'prove' his existence or hunt him down, for that matter. It's a very personal experience. You can see my feelings are still ambiguous after all these years: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wouldn't discard the theory that he may be inter-dimensional, or that he may know you. The encounter has that other-worldly effect on your mind and body. As for him knowing you, in my case, my family pioneered the area. We have been in those woods alone for almost two hundred years. I've considered that I'm not the first in my line to interact with his. All this time, and I haven't even figured out my own feelings about this. It is a profound slice of life.
I'm glad you pointed out this thread to me, Seagull, as it shows that my own wavering feelings regarding the true nature of Bigfoot are at least, "normal".

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the post SG. I have seen you throughout most of the "bigfoot" postings and until this point considered you much like myself. I am fascinated with the idea of the big guy. I believe that there has to be something here partly because I believe that most people are not out to deceive the world and because I once saw something that I have always wrote off to be nothing. I wrote of my encounter once and believe you posted. As I learn more the more I believe I know what I saw. I am glad you got the answer that so many seek. I hope with your knowledge others can refine their method for exploring and prove to the masses what some already know.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KFISHCC

The idea of bigfoot has fascinated me since I was young, all too many years ago...

...to say it was a shocking event would be an understatement...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I ejoyed following this thread. I have a couple of obervations:
One poster asked it it could be bears walking on two feet. They aren't build to do that for long. Like dogs, which can coaxed to do it, it's not for long or comfortable for them.
Do they favor women? I had a friend in upstate NY. She lived in a cabin in the woods. When I visited her, we would sit on the front porch and watch moose, turkey, opossum, and she reported a bear that I didn't see. But, when her husband came home, they were no where to be seen. It may not be a BF thing. Perhaps women smell better. A researcher should try perfume...ah. Or perhaps women are less threatening, althought I have been a few I wouldn't want to annoy.

Being near water. They need to drink, that's the most obvious reason. I have noted that the smartest dogs I have known drink more water that the stupid ones IMO. Maybe its a clear route - better than getting branches in your face. Like a super highway. In summer, BF may like to cool off and wash out some of the dirt and snarls. It may be soothing to his skin. Dogs can get so matted that the mats pull the hide right off. Painful.
Primal fear. I will have to wait for an encounter, but I think any unknown thing causes this same reaction. The person who discovered prions - mad cow disease - felt the same way. Some people give me the creeps when they look at me. A lightening strike near my house turned on the porch light - that was scary too. Some dangerous uncontrolable energy that might get ya. Yup, Scary.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i really do believe that the best place to perhaps sight a bigfoot will be in the forests and national parks of california, i'm thinking more the 'patterson' film.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by apollospeed

Actually anywhere along the Pacific Coast is a good place, though Northern California has more than it's fair share. Oddly enough, the region around the Dalles, Oregon has been a hotbed of Sasquatch activity for a long time, too...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the report seagull, I'm logging off after this post I'm really glad this was the last thread I read, full of information and recognition that all is not known about our world.

As I was reading about the fences being pulled I thought as you mentioned snow was the snow higher than the fence so an unwary BF might walk into it and get annoyed enough to break security protocol and rip the offending man thing up.

A real pleasure to have come across this rare and intermittent but excellent thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How exactly could I've missed this thread? I think the kind of sighting you had ( I do believe Native Americans are very intuitive about this creature
and are not in error. There is a mystical soft underbelly, if you will, concerning these and other creatures.) is a testimoney that runs along the same lines as how your sister describes you.
You are a respectful person and it seems you were respected with with
a peaceful sighting.

There will never ever be a capture or a body found. This I know for a fact
even though I know they exist without ever seeing one. Though the adventure of looking for one sounds great. I don't know if I could handle coming face to face with one. To ever be stranded in that wilderness by myself with no moon. I might die from fear alone.

My Mom and Dad told me when I was very young there was no such thing as monsters. I never believed em.

Great Great thread loved reading it. SnF of course.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It seems many are focused on a sasquatch. I ask, could it be something else?

I live near Lake Placid NY. Pretty much nothing to do around here, so I often go shopping in Plattsburgh Ny. Was on the way back about 3 years ago. Was driving through the apple orchards just west of the city. I was with my sister and my girlfriend. My sister was sitting in the backseat, but was chatting with my gf, so she was up between the two seats so she could hear.

We all saw it. It ran out of the bushes, up onto the shoulder(from left to right), and to the yellow line. And then it dove. It dove across the remaining road, shoulder, and side of road, and into the bushes.

Now the thing dove 20 feet or so, and entered the bushes about 4 feet off the ground. The most athletic move I have ever seen.

I describe it as a 7 foot, thickly muscled, NBA player wearing grey to dark brown sweat pants and sweatshirt. It was monochromatic, and looked vaguely human.

I know what I saw. Could a sasquatch and wolfman be confused?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

That's completely possible. It wasn't a tall fence, just a regular 3 strand barbed wire fence (between 3 to 3 and a half feet high). I doubt the snow ever got quite that deep, but it may have... I honestly don't know.

I know if I were walking along and tripped over a fence, and got a face full of snow, I'd be a little miffed...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That conjecture isn't as rare as you might think... I don't necessarily agree with it, but given it's effect on me? Who knows.

I'm more inclined, after several months, to attribute my feelings to a combination of startlement, and a very real sense of wonder, with a healthy dollop of fear.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

I describe it as a 7 foot, thickly muscled, NBA player wearing grey to dark brown sweat pants and sweatshirt. It was monochromatic, and looked vaguely human.

What other than height makes you describe it this way? I don't think I've ever run across a description quite like yours...

The height, absolutely...

But the gray to brown sweats is different. Normally, the hair is the one thing the descriptions all agree on.

Could you go a bit further into detail of what you saw? I know it was a fleeting sighting, but you never know what you might recall...?

As for the werewolf legends being mixed with a Sasquatch type creature? Possible. Legends are based on something, after all... What do you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Will give as much detail as i can.

It had a matte or flat appearance. Not grey, but not brown. It was fast. Covered 30? feet in 3 seconds. Was tall, and very erect. Why i thought of an NBA player. It had straight lines, with muscle definition, but not overly so. Great posture considering the height and the speed it was travelling. Im remotely aware that it was aware of the car. It glanced, I think.

Hard to remember a 3 second memory from years ago. But we all saw it, and still talk about it. I will ask the other two, to describe it.

When I say the two might have mixed, its for a few reasons.

A sasquatch is always seen lumbering, or tall and shuffling its feet. Im going on what little I know, i.e. the probably fake recordings, but its always presented as slow. There is no way it could be, and avoid detection.

Now what I saw was fast, looked vaguely like a large man, and dove. From the descriptions of a sasquatch and a wolf man, in those 3 seconds, at various points, it could have been seen as all 3.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least.

Has anyone else in the area seen the critter? Or heard strange animal sounds? Anything at all, that might lead you to believe it might still be in the area?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I feel very lucky to have seen it. I was a very rational, somewhat close minded person before that 3 seconds. amazing the reaction people had to me, mister science, and the 2 girls description. 3 people that had not previously, nor since, talked about anything close to that.

It shook the foundations of my beliefs about what was possible on this planet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join