It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bigfoot sighting this afternoon...maybe.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

I've never quite bought into that supposition...until I started thinking about the effect that merely seeing it had on me. It never made a threatening move, in fact it barely moved at all...

Now part of it was the sheer, unadulterated "WTF IS THAT" phenomena... Coming face to face with a creature out of myth and legend has that effect. But it quite literally scared the crap out of me, and I've still not figured out quite why. I've encountered dangerous creatures out in the wild before...Bears, Pumas, even a Killer Whale once. ...and none had the profound effect that this had. As I said, I was transported back to the caves of our anscestors when the dark held unseen/unknown dangers that would eat you if given a chance.

I'm a bit more open to the concept, you might say...

Whether it actually is a paranormal beastie? I can't tell you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I've read a theory that they...I don't know if "produce" is the right word...but produce infrasound that causes that deep visceral fear in people.

Thank you so much for sharing your story SeaGull! It's a fascinating read and you strike me as being very thoughtful and respectful.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

First off, I've heard that as well, and to be honest it would make a lot of sense. It's already something that's used widely in the animal kingdom for various reasons. Tigers use a sort of infra-roar to stun prey before they strike, elephants use it to communicate with each other. The effect on the human body can range from simply feeling a little off keel, to experiencing a sudden (and unexplainable) disorientation, fear and, in some cases, sheer pant wetting terror.

Second, HOW IN THE HECK HAVE I MISSED THIS THREAD SINCE IT WAS STARTED ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!?!?!?
Very nice. Gutted I couldn't have gotten involved a longer while ago when it was still fresh in your mind though! Unfortunately I live in the UK and it's highly unlikely I'd ever get to go out there and try to see a Squatch myself. I've read scores of sightings, seen dozens of videos and have come up with my own theories in regards to Squatches. Won't go into it, this is your thread (and it's awesome) and I'm very glad I eventually found it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
reply to post by Frocharocha

Coming face to face with a creature...

OK Seagull, what I want to know is the look of the face. Are we talking cave ape? Like a cross between a gorilla and a cave man?

i.huffpost.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Two years, almost to the day...since there's been any interest.

A fair representation...

This is as close a representation of what I saw as any...though not quite.

Darker though. ...and an artists drawing can not capture the power, the sheer physicality, of Sasquatch. Or the eyes, the eyes are what have stuck with me, even after seven, almost eight, years.

Ape? No, or rather not quite. Man? No, or rather not quite.

I've spent some little time trying to put into words the effect, a rather profound effect, that this creature had on me...and have failed miserably every time. There is something else there, some power, some thing that I just can't put into words. I feel it. I sensed it. But damned if I can describe it. It scared me right down to my toes, but I think that that was more a result of my very real shock at seeing it, than any sense of danger...not that it can't be dangerous should he so decide.

I know there are several members here who disbelieve anything to do with a large primate dancing about the woods...and I respect that belief, however wrong I know it to be. It's hard to make one believe something so patently strange without experiencing it themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I personally am glad you came back to your thread (despite the time-frame).

I was a skeptic-Non-Believer till I had an experience with a large hairy bipedal 'something-or-another' that wasn't a bear or some other animal that i know of while hunting. So I am open to the aspects of such a creature remaining elusive to humans.

BTW.. I just recently came across a gentleman that (for me) seems to have the best theories (and interesting footage) on the subject by the name of Reo from Utah. He's constantly questioning himself and admits to paredolia at times influencing some of what he see. But some of the theories that he has backed up (with video) makes me believe that he is looking and thinking out of the box (without all the Woo-Woo-Ju-Ju etc.). Just plain old 'in the field' research and investigating.

Utah Sasquatch

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wingz
By accident I watched one of his vids 2 days ago. It was all Google Earth, very interesting, looking at their living areas from on high with a military viewpoint in mind. Thought I would watch for a few minutes but it was well worth watching for the entire hour.

I liked his take on the human dog. That humans would have coyote/wolf variations as friends must give Bigfoot something to question.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull Darker than that art work? I was expecting their skin to be more pasty grey looking, like clay.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sounds like you likely did see a Bigfoot. I have an uncle who says he saw one in Packwood Washington that ran up the side of a highway that was rocky and very steep, but it just ran right up it like it was easy as can be. Lots of wooded areas in Walla Walla, but not very dense, but still a place one might expect to see a Bigfoot.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I never seen a Sasquatch as far as I can remember. Only have an antidotal story. My uncle gave me a box of things that was saved for me after my grandmother passed. Inside this box was a strange clay like sculpture. My family laughed at the memory and explained.

When I was very young toddler, I had gathered clay from the bank of the channel and sun baked the statue. I gave it to my grandparents saying that it was my big furry friend from the swamp.

Honestly, I have no memory of such a thing. I was an imaginative child. So what can I say? I have traveled quite a bit in many backcountry areas and have not seen anything out of the ordinary. Though about women being present brought to mind somethhing I had learned. Have learned that deer, elk, moose love female urine. They chew the dirt like cud to extract the calcium and minerals wherever you pee! Am slightly glad I had not seen what you have seen. Even if a Sasquatch creature may not eat dirt piss, the food supply was aggressively abundant in fighting over my piss in the woods!

Edit add: OP, thanks for sharing this thread recently. It was fascinating to read of your adventure in discovery. I do believe it is a possibility. But for those that have not seen what you have seen, can only have belief or disbelief.

edit on 8 29 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

When I was very young toddler, I had gathered clay from the bank of the channel and sun baked the statue. I gave it to my grandparents saying that it was my big furry friend from the swamp.

That is interesting, and somewhat spooky.

Where did this happen, if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Only the fur/hair is darker.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I saw a brief glimpse of the upright torso of some type of critter moving fast through fairly dense thicket near the Gulf Coast in Texas.
It was large and had coarse black fur.
I also was hit with a powerful sense of fear.
I got the hell out of the area and paddled my canoe as fast as I could.
Never went back to those parts.

edit on 9-10-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The unknown can have that effect. I've felt it a number of times out in the Great Outdoors.

Most of my encounters are here on ATS somewhere... One of these days, maybe, I'll write 'em all down in one thread and let the nay-sayers have a go.

It was a while before I could bring myself to do anything more than drive through the area. Finally did, about two years later, or so, and it was just as it had always been before the incident. In fact, I just went hunting up in the area a few weeks ago. Got a brace of pheasant for dinner.

If ever you can, you should go back. What's that old saying? Fear profits a man nothing. If it was a skunkape/bigfoot that you saw, you should know that according to legend, the big fella is generally a peaceful sort, unless riled.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hi seagull,

So.......do you still remember that feeling?
Way back in 09.

No pics???
You did not think to stop and ask it for a hair and urine sample?
How about jumping out and opening fire?

Lol.

You know Im kidding.

This is why I joined ATS.

Going to finish reading your thread now.
It is so odd that so many "skeptics" out there laugh and ridicule this subject. Yet refuse to look for themselves. Some researches spend years in the field before they get a moment like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
very interesting encounter.

Never read this thread before. Glad i did. I found your experience fascinating.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I came to find this thread, thanks to blueeyedevil's thread.

I have read the whole thing. I completely believe in Bigfoot. We have lots of stories here in MI, in the National Forests.

But I have a strange question for you. Did you ever go back and tell the farmer? Do you keep in touch with him?

Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

We run into each other periodically. He's a very private individual, so I respect that and try not to bother him too much. I let him know when I'm going to be wandering around his land, and that's about all

Lately there's been nothing to see, hear, or smell--so nothing to add. Though a friend and I were up hunting in the area, between his farm, and Black Snake Ridge, about a year ago and heard screams well off in the distance, couldn't be sure if they weren't puma...so we went back a few days later with some recording devices--don't know anything about that stuff, my friend is the expert--and, of course, as is too often the case, heard and saw nothing.

I'm beginning to be of the opinion that it, it being Sasquatch, has either moved on, or is keeping a low profile. More likely moved on, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread again. It might surprise you to know that I was originally attracted to ATS through a life-long interest in what we can call "Forteana."

I know you are an honest person; and I know you saw what you saw. I've had my own experiences that are not noteworthy but give me an instinctual sense that you know whereof you speak.

Quick tangential question ... have you ever encountered the work of Dr. Jacques Vallée?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join