It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Social Taboo of Criticizing Radical Islam

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Wow!! Could not let this slip. "The Lords Resistance Army" a group that
kills in the name of Christ? Then you have the audacity to accuse another
poster of getting their research from matchbook covers and bubblegum cards? What exactly do you know about th LRA? I have personal experience with the victims of this group. I challenge you to prove the LRA
murders in the name of Jesus? So which is it Goof? Or lie. I'll go with good
old BS. Maybe others are buying you, But I for one am not.

The vitriol that you spew is a telling sign of ignorance. I'll do you a favor:
vitriol 1. noun (Abusive or venomous language used to express, blame, censure.) 2. verb(To subject to verbal abuse.) Based on your posts,you have proven yourself a bigot and one full of antipathy.

Oh yeah, look it up!!

I have, thanks. And yes, they do. Well, more accurately, in the name of the Holy Spirit. Whatever. There's only one religion with a trinity that has a "holy spirit" within it. They also want to establish a theocratic state in Uganda based on the Bible and the Ten Commandments.

I don't think they're Sikhs.

Of course, you can say they're a political group with a Christian "front" and still be right - but then you've have to admit the same about all these other damn religious terror groups all over the world from all religions. I'd accept that with o problem, but I somehow doubt anyone like you in this thread will be declaring Hamas to be a purely political organization (...even though it is)

[edit on 25-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Because you turn a blind eye to the - I'll say it again - murderous foam-mouthed freaks in your own backyard, and instead want to point and stare at the murderous foam-mouthed freaks in someone else's backyard.

No we don't. Even CS, a Christian, made a thread a few days or weeks ago about recent Christian atrocities. And how many times have you seen me speak out against the Christian nutties? Many times. How many times have you seen me defend them? Never. The only thing I say is that you cannot judge the whole by the acts of some. That is pretty reasonable.

Look at the topics discussed on ATS like the Westboro Baptist clan and Jesus camp. Even the Christians here are oustpoken about thinking their actions are atrocious.

Yes, I know Religionofpeace.com is biased. Just like Jewwatch, it takes actual news and quotations, and spins them to create an image of everyone that is Muslim (or Jewish) as falling into the stereotype, or being too dumb to do so properly.

I could have worded it better in the OP so I will clarify here. No, I do not think the fact it compiles articles concerning something that is very, very real is biased. It is a themed site that links to articles all over the world of atrocities committed by Radical Islam. The main problem I have with that site is this: If you notice, there is a difference between their hyperlinked text and the headline of the actual news article. Here is an example although it is not exact. Let's say a news article has a headline of "Muslim cleric weds 10 year old girl." The hyperlinked text on TROP will say something like "Islamic pedophile rapes child under guise of wedlock." They take liberty on the content by using their own words. That is one of the problems I have with the site itself but most of the articles they link to are factual news sources.

Is that so?...

...It's nice of you to change the goalposts so suddenly, AshleyD.

More nitpicking. This thread encompassed several different theories mentioned in the original post. Taboo, stigma, media silence, violent backlash, etc. Some things in my original post also ended with a question mark. As the topic progressed, others added in things (some were approved, some were too off topic), were only focusing on one aspect (violent backlash so I said I would like it to be more even handed), asked if they could add in other religions (I said yes), etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I agree with AshleyD that people are afraid to speak out against radical Islam, I am not surprised at all that they are afraid. However the media doesn't do it on purpose, there is another reason why radical Muslims get angry quickly.

1.They are Radical-That is a start, anything extreme is bad for you....

2Defending the prophets-The Qur'an says that we must honor the prophets (Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Abraham etc) and defend them.

Now if you mix these two in a giant pot of lies and anger....what do you get?

BEHEAD THEM ALL!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Let me get this right? Did you actually threaten me? " I'll cut your tongue
out of your mouth".etc. Do you feel BIG now all puffed up? You really like the sound of your own voice don't you?

Here's a tough question? (WARNING MAY REQUIRE THOUGHT) Careful don't hurt yourself.How old are you? I marvel at your maturity level. Grow
Up!! There is an old saying "Do not cast your pearls before swine" This is a waste of my time and others. By the way, still waiting to hear what YOU
know about LRA. Gonna need more than genaralities. I'm sure you can rise
to the challenge. So go ahead enlighten all. After all you seem to be the expert on everything. I'll wait.

P.S. in the meantime I'll pray for you. We all could use a little prayer.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm just sooooo glad ATS has the "ignore" button.

Now it's time for a mod...any mod to take the trash out of these threads.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hayatli7

BEHEAD THEM ALL!

Exactly my point which i have been trying to state from the start.Radicals will remain radicals.Even you being a Muslim know that those radicals won't budge from their extreme ways.

I like the other point though. where you said that Muslims are meant to defend all the prophets from Adam to Muhammad.What i find strange is that the Christians don't even defend Jesus.

Are the Christians not very firm in their faith? Or they just can't even be bothered to defend Jesus when mockery is being made of him...I don't know but it would be an interesting subject.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Let me get this right? Did you actually threaten me? " I'll cut your tongue
out of your mouth".etc. Do you feel BIG now all puffed up? You really like the sound of your own voice don't you?

Here's a tough question? (WARNING MAY REQUIRE THOUGHT) Careful don't hurt yourself.How old are you? I marvel at your maturity level. Grow
Up!! There is an old saying "Do not cast your pearls before swine" This is a waste of my time and others. By the way, still waiting to hear what YOU
know about LRA. Gonna need more than genaralities. I'm sure you can rise
to the challenge. So go ahead enlighten all. After all you seem to be the expert on everything. I'll wait.

P.S. in the meantime I'll pray for you. We all could use a little prayer.

....unholy smoke....It sounds like you were actually threatened with physical harm?

I don't want to see those posts.

Where are the moderators????

As an aside, folks, where there's this much anger and rage coming out in such ugly utterances---there's got to be a lot of pain in this person.

After I get over my anger at this behavior I'll add WF to my prayers as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari
reply to post by hayatli7

BEHEAD THEM ALL!

Exactly my point which i have been trying to state from the start.Radicals will remain radicals.Even you being a Muslim know that those radicals won't budge from their extreme ways.

I like the other point though. where you said that Muslims are meant to defend all the prophets from Adam to Muhammad.What i find strange is that the Christians don't even defend Jesus.

Are the Christians not very firm in their faith? Or they just can't even be bothered to defend Jesus when mockery is being made of him...I don't know but it would be an interesting subject.

Pretty lame way of bashing Christians, eh?

Defend Jesus?.....Really?

As if He needs defending.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
AshleyD,

I don't think there's a conspiracy to downplay the radical fringe of Islam in the media. If anything, there's a conspiracy to downplay the radical fringe of Judaism. Remember, Norman Finkelstein has received death threats as well.

That being said, you never really laid out your conspiracy. You didn't name which people or organizations, specifically, had conspired together. You basically said, "J'accuse!", and then left the room.

Several other posters addressed the lack of detail in the OP, but I haven't seen your response (and I did read the whole thread). That may be the source of the resistance you met from some quarters.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HarlemHottie

I'm glad to see you dropping in, Harlem.

For what it's worth, I think Ashleys post was derailed a ways back in this thread. Who can concentrate on the topic when they're being lashed with trashy talk and venom?

I consider the negative behavior we've seen posted in this thread about as close to "verbal assault" as I've ever seen in a public forum.

Does anyone care????

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HarlemHottie

Hey, Harlem. Thanks for joining us. Actually, yes. Many things were addressed throughout the post with evidence and links provided in subsequent pages. And I wouldn't call my continuing participation in this thread 'leaving the room' as I have done my best to respond to every major issue, question, accusation, and evidence request.

But it seems many members are asking for some intervention from the mods in this thread. There are some blatant violations of the T&C's occurring yet nothing is happening. Apparently another member was physically threatened (I cannot see the post as the offending member seems to have updated it before I was able to read it) not to mention some very caustic and explicit insults but still nothing is being done.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There are legal ramifications here.

I'm saving this thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

I'm saving this thread.

Saving the thread for what? To carry on with radical/Islam bashing?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If there's any moderating to be done, please allow the moderators to do it.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There's certainly an effort to silence one opinion in this thread, heh.

It's a good trick that I see a lot, all the diversions about style, but substance is like the ugly red-haired cousin no-one wants to know.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

Au'contrair......the weebles are out tonight!

'Tis for me to know and U to find out.

Hopefully there will be some truly productive posts tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just making a page link of the comments containing examples of supportive evidence of the OP. Some are excellent, some are so-so, and some are anecdotal.

Although many claim it is biased, if you wish, ignore the site and concentrate on the linked articles that show some backlash occurring for those that question or insult Islam:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Anecdotal/Entertainment:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Author critical of Islam under persecution

Several Links relating to backlash that occurred in popular media stories

Possible Media spin (read this comment and the subsequent explanations by the poster):

That goes up to page seven then I got bored. Yes, it does appear there is a possibility something is going on. That is what makes it a conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Mel, there have been many differing views in this thread. Many have agreed with the OP and many think we're full of it. That is completely acceptable. You're going to have differing views in a thread like this or any conspiracy theory. The issue is the blatant disregard of the civility T&C's, profanity, personal attacks, and apparently a physical threat I seemed to have missed. I think that is what people are upset about. I have no problem with people telling me this theory is completely wrong or why.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Au'contrair......the weebles are out tonight!

'Tis for me to know and U to find out.

Hopefully there will be some truly productive posts tomorrow.

Yes i hope we see some productive posts tomorrow!

Its past your bedtime now,you should go to sleep little girl..

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

WHY do you continue with your meaningless comments? It really has zero, zilch, nada to do with the OP's topic.

If you have nothing constructive to add to this why bother being here?

Soooooo, if I don't make any further replies to any of you're posts you'll understand it's b/c I DON'T SEE THEM....

.......see ya!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join