It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Social Taboo of Criticizing Radical Islam

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Saying that you will not condone an action is the mildest of denouncements, in effect you are saying that you will not overlook it, but the reality is that you will take no action, you will only disapprove, remember the incident and not forgive, but essentially overlook it because it is a mild transgression. One does not say that they do not condone murder and expect to be taken seriously.

Only one of your links goes to a situation where a father murdered his daughter over a marriage he did not agree with, and this, surprise surprise, took place in a Muslim nation. All you could come up with is one story, while the incidents of Muslim fathers having their daughters killed are numerous, and the threat to kill is well known, and clearly discussed in the article that I provided.

In spite of the overwhelming evidence of Muslim honor killings, you refuse to admit that this is a practice among Muslims. You claim others are doing the same thing, as if this is an excuse, but provide only a single incident of a father murdering his daughter over her choice in marriage and this is of questionable origin, compared to the large amount of evidence showing that many Muslims have acted on the honor killing threat.

Admit it, it is taboo for you to criticize Islam. You refuse to admit to what is well recorded.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Let us put this silly wordplay behind us. Both you and I know what condone means without having to add extra baggage to it.

The murder took place in a Muslim nation, but a Christian committed it. I don't see how connecting it to a 'muslim nation' is of any relevance. How is it of suspicious origin? Let me ask you: Are you seriously claiming that Muslims and only muslims commit honour killings?

I did not deny it was a practice among 'muslims'. I said that it is not an Islamic practice (sanctioned by the Islamic religion, as represented by the Islamic scripture), and that it is not isolated to 'muslims', and that all (or even most) muslims do not support or practice these actions.

I believe the initial post in this thread was about 'radical islam', not islam in general. However, if you wish to criticise islam, no one is going to stop you. However, if you wish to add something that is not islamic, and make it islamic, and then criticise it, then I'm going to laugh at you and call you out. Sorry. I am under no such taboo. If I find something reprehensible about islam, I'll criticise it until I'm blue in the face. Don't worry about me.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Oh, sure there are occasions when non-muslim fathers actually kill their daughters because they disapprove of their marriage, but they are extremely rare. While in the Muslim community, this is seen almost regularly, as the article I provided a link to clearly points out. While you claim this is against Islamic beliefs, there are many Muslims who state differently.

I notice that you do not denounce this atrocity of honor killings, nor do you even seem to admit that it is wide spread within the Muslim community.

If you are so willing to criticize the Islam and the Muslim beliefs, then let's hear some valid criticisms. I think a believable, frank denouncement of honor killings would be a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No, there are not 'occasions' of non-muslim's killing for 'honour' . There are 'practices', with formalised names, and 'village council' backings.

Which muslims state differently from me that honour killings are unislamic? Please clarify.

And you notice I don't denounce? I've been denouncing in every post in this thread since this tangent started. Honour killings are wrong.

A frank denouncement of honour killings is there, but again, you connect it to islam, when I tell you that there is no islamic backing. How is denouncing honour killings a criticism of Islam? Have you read my previous posts in this thread? My last post in this thread before this one? Let me clarify:

HONOUR KILLINGS ARE UNISLAMIC. THERE IS NO ISLAMIC BACKING FOR HONOUR KILLINGS. CRITICISM AND CONDEMNATION OF HONOUR KILLINGS IS NOT CRITICISM OF ISLAM

I get the feeling I might be reprimanded for that. If you understand, however, it just might be worth it
. Understand?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The responses seem to continue to get off topic....Ashley is asking if there is some conspiracy or taboo associated with openly criticizing Islam.

I don't think there is a conspiracy involved. No taboo either. What we have is simply a lack of spine by the world to tell radical islamists that they are not the only religion of importance in the world. They openly consider christians and jews as animals to be slaughtered. They have no consideration for the innocent who get in their way in the process of committing murder [aka martyring themselves].

They can show total disrespect for any religion in the world at any time, but even suggest that Islam has its issues and its holy war...infidels must die.

I am tired of it. Respect all religions or respect none.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

And I repeat now for the third time, Read the Article I have linked to Twice which clearly does make a strong connection between Muslims and honor killing. The incidents of Muslim honor killings are well recorded and anyone who cares to make a quick search on the internet will find numerous incidents. Just because some tribe in India commits the same type of atrocity does not make the Muslim honor killings justifiable.

I provide an article which clearly writes in depth about the problems of Muslim honor killings and coercive methods of forcing young women to stay in the cult, and you continue to deny it. Why is this?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Laserjock is right, this discussion has strayed too far off topic. As a closing remark (as far as this tangential off-topic goes), I'd like to advise you to research this, and find out if it is just 'one tribe'(some people might take offense to you calling the hinduism a tribe
) in India, or a disappointingly widespread phenomenon:

According to a survey done by the Delhi-based Indian Population Statistics Survey (IPSS) in mid-2007, in India almost 655 homicidal cases have been registered as honour killings. While in Punjab and Delhi, the figure touches 32 per cent, in Muzaffarnagar, the worst affected district of Uttar Pradesh, 25 per cent honour killings have been reported so far.

Remember, I cannot spoon-feed all the information. If you care, you will see for yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This round of discussion has not strayed off target. I post an article talking about what is the most serious problem with the Muslim community in Europe, honor killings, engage in a conversation with someone who admits that they are Muslim, and they can not give an honest criticism of the Muslim practice of honor killings as described in this article, which can be easy researched on the internet. All I get are continuous denials that this thing occurs frequently in the Muslim community, and the information discussed in the article is ignored.

Muslims will not discuss critical problems with Islam, and any attempt by an outsider is viewed as bias and attacked.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Iran condemns the movie Fitna, and calls it horrible and blasphemous.

When Muslims start talking about honor killings and the caning of rape victims with the same language, except stronger, then maybe someone will take them seriously.

European politicians disgust me with the way they refuse to recognize the truth about Islam, and don't have the sack to openly criticize Islamic actions when this issue needs to be dragged out into the open.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry to bump this old thing but HERE is a new thread relevant to the discussion.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I made this toy for all the Muslim children.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i totally agree with you when ever some one who is a radical islamist does an atrocity they are labeled either ca terorist or considered a lone gun man nut job and their relious beliefs are not talked about on main stream news. our freedom of religion is being used by radical clerics to use their mosques as recruitment centers , propganda centers and locations to plan out terrorist activities why because they know that no judje would sign an order allowing them to be bugged... this is my observation i know i will be called an anti muslim nut but boo the blank hoo. 911 who attacked us not taliban or iraqi soldiers no radical muslims the bulk of who came from and were funded by saudi arabia but no body said lets go invade saudi aravbia . nobody said to saudi king give up the people in your country who were the masterminds and the bank for 911 terrorist why not because in reality saudi aravia is really run by radical muslims and if the king did that he would meet a similar end to romanoffs.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't know if its so much an issue of being pc as a CYA-tactic to not speak out against radical Islam.In my country there is an Islamist group that wants all whites to be killed,eg.People who publicly criticize the Islamic faith in any country are literally risking their lives.These radicals would think nothing of taking you out+your whole neighbourhood along with you.That is the true reason why people stay quiet and pc about it,imo.Radical Islam is like the mob,but infected with the rage virus.You don't mess with folks like that,plain+simple.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
WOW ... someone bumped a five year old thread ... and that thread is STILL appropriate for what is happening on the boards today. That's pretty amazing. I agree with the point that the OP made five years ago. Totally.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join