It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read Necromonicon?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
I have read the Necronomicon, the Unholy book, or whatever you might call it...

Alot of people well tell you it is BS, and just a fantasy book written by lovecraft, but then again look at the bible, to many it is a fantasy book too...

it is however, what u make of it when you read it, all power lies in your mind, and what you choose to really believe, the book did effect me in a very dark way, so far that I had the sigil on the front of the book tattoo'd onto my upper wrist...

The bible is coded by masons, I doubt the necronomicon is since its author is as fictitious as Hiram Abiff. As for the book of the dead, I don't know, I'd presume it's coded... somehow.

If you believe in something's virtue and power, then that's your deal. Just remember, Christians believe in the bible fanatically, many Christian hypocrites out there preaching Jesus while behaving like those who "killed him". But, none the less, you are right, the power is in the mind. Thoth into action. Just don't let it get to your head. hahaha, have a distance with everything, balance. Tattooing your wrist is an example of having it get to your head.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Radekus]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Thank you Illegal, that is the point I was hinting at. Most occultist that I know of use the theories that Eliphas Levi presents in his book Tranidential Magic. He desicribes the imagination as being what he refers to as astrial fluid. When we imagine something we are creating a thought form using that fluid. If the form is held long enough, or concentrate upon. It is then able to manifest astrially or pysically.

1. The book is real if I am able to pick it up and read it.

2. The contents of book become partially real in the imagination of every reader.

Q. If the those images in the book are held and meditated upon by the folks who have read it then what??

Best
Regards
Trustnobody

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

Hi.

This is why I generally try to choose what I believe as circumstances arise.
That gives me a freedom unavailable to those who only subscribe to one belief system.
It's also why my main work of reference is The Book Of Pleasure by Austin Osman Spare (Widely available as a free download on the net), as his method involves creating ones own symbols as 'means to pleasure, freedom, and power', and being personal, they are less prone to distortion by external influences which may be in conflict with one's own intentions.
Thanks for the response.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am a big fan of lovecraft and crowley.All that needs to be said is this:do not discredit something if you havent tested it yourself!See sacred-magick.Com

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by queen of the south
I am a big fan of lovecraft and crowley.All that needs to be said is this:do not discredit something if you havent tested it yourself!See sacred-magick.Com

I agree completely, I also think that different styles, work for different people. Magic is just like anything else one type may work for one person and not the other or vise versa.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join