It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read Necromonicon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Yeah that is understandable, bit weird still....well, perhaps she will she the light of lucifer and convert her evil ways of christianity and join the rest of us

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
As for being ignorant about Masons' and Satan... well sorry for the ignorance but I have always thought the two went together.

Perhaps the symbols they both use persuaded me? A lot of articles, books have claimed the same too.

Well, that's not necessarily what I would use to be persuaded. A lot of articles, books have been written by anti-Masons who have no connection to Freemasonry and cannot possibly have any information that is based on what Masonry is all about. Picking up a book by a Mason about Masonry is probably the best place to find out about Masonry.

I'd recommend Freemasonry for Dummies, written by Christopher Hodapp.

Further, rather than reading about the cult known as Christians written by non-Christians, I find that it's always better to go to the source. Interestingly, if you go to a Christian church, they talk about hell, satan and demons all the time. Constantly. Makes it sound like they worship Satan, rather than God...

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmmeat
Well, that's not necessarily what I would use to be persuaded.

Yes sir, we are aware of what you pick and choose as your select sources of "mmmeat approved" documentation in your efforts to disseminate falsehoods.

In this thread, Channel Ten Australia is controlled by the Illuminati, you're found to be clearly dismissing multiple valid and proven sources of Masonic symbolism used in the design of a U.S. government office logo. When your deception is uncovered once, and you refuse to acknowledge your false information, we must assume your intent is to misinform.

As for the subject at hand and how the so-called evil book, Necromonicon, factors into Masonic mythology, there is no real connection. While history is riddled with individual masons inappropriately reaching for too much power, control or riches, the connectivity to this book is tenuous and anecdotal at best -- and likely not in any official capacity.

Additionally, the available "Necromonicon" mentioned by many in this thread is generally accepted to be an amateurish attempt to author a mythological text that never existed in the first place.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by althea041724

...all i can do as a practicing Wiccan is to agree with your post a bazillion fold...
yet, whether one belives or not, the thoughts and intentions manifested by what one gets out of any of these supposed texts absolutely will be heard...and it's certainly not something to trifle with.
Speak ye little, and listen much...don't be a fool. The power of simple intention alone is enough to manifest good and not so good...fictional tome or not.

I just wanted to re-emphasize what althea said above. Just because the Necronomicon is not what it's claimed to be doesn't mean that it doesn't "work". A trained magician could pick up Dr. Seuss' "Cat In The Hat", and make it work. Likewise, those with psychic disposition could also make the Necronomicon work, even though it's technically a "fake".

In reality, practically *all* grimoires are fakes. The Lemegeton and Keys of Solomon weren't really written by King Solomon. They were medieval hoaxes, but ceremonial magicians have been using them with success for many years. Kelly probably faked the entire Enochian system, and there is an ongoing debate about whether Aleister Crowley really heard the voice of Aiwass, or whether Crowley simply invented Aiwass to make Liber AL seem more interesting.

Regardless, all these things can still "work", and shouldn't be messed with lightly.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
deleted cos comment inappropriate. Not against the TLC or anything like that just the question directed at someone was taken out of context.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Does that mean my faith in Christ works?

Does it work both ways?

Yes, it is in large part psychological conditioning. We create our own reality through our perceptions and expectations. This is also why people of very different religions are 100% sure that they themselves are right, and everyone else is wrong. This is also why most people stay with the religion that they were born in, and were raised in. Very few people actually question why they believe the way they do.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ikema

Yea it's always a good campfire type story. No, honestly, that day was full of strange events but nothing happened that strange after that day. But, like I said, a lot of synchronicities, eerie parrallels, and just an overall feeling of reality collapsing a bit. It may have little to do with any occult power that book might have, and more to do with heavy meditation. Nonetheless, everything I said about that day really happened. One hundred percent without a doubt the complete and honest truth, so help me God.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by comm12]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
It is my opinion that Lovecraft studied many, many occult texts, and was privy to things that we would be hard pressed to be privy to today.

Wow...for someone who makes an attempt at passing himself off as a Lovecraft expert, you would have Lovecraft rolling in his grave.

Despite the supernatural-themes in his stories, HP Lovecraft was above all things science-minded, skeptical, and an athiest. He did not believe in the paranormal, nor was he studying occult texts nor privy to things beyond-that-of-mortal-keen. He did not believe in ghosts, goblins, or Great Old Ones or anything of the sort.

Now, one can claim that he was being channeled information from whatever supernatural source, and this was the inspiration for the elements in his stories. However, vivid dreams are both the fortune and misfortune of the creative-minded. Artists of every stripe, be they writers, painters, poets, etc, experience very vivid dreams. Lovecraft was no different.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just because something comes from the imagination does that make it false?

Regards,
Trustnobody?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnobody

No. What makes it false is that the books falsely claim to really have been written by Abdul Alhazred, which was a fictional character in Lovecraft's stories.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Further, rather than reading about the cult known as Christians written by non-Christians, I find that it's always better to go to the source. Interestingly, if you go to a Christian church, they talk about hell, satan and demons all the time. Constantly. Makes it sound like they worship Satan, rather than God...

With all due respect, Meat, I think that statement was rather irresponsible. That may be one person's experience with a certain church or group of churches, but it hardly categorizes the entire Christian faith. My personal experience reflects that God is certainly the object of reverence. So have I convinced you because I say so? How ridiculous to state that simply because there are references to the forces of evil therefore evil must be the object of one's desire. Go to a real church and go from there. How do you find a real church? Try many different one's out with an open mind and truly, truly trust your instincts. If you go wanting to be proven right (or wrong) chances are good you probably will be. The beauty of it is, God really wants to reach you so if you're honest with yourself, you'll see the Truth.

...also, God clearly warns us about messing with things like the subject in question and He does so for a reason. Not because He is afraid of the competition but because He knows it is dangerous and wants us to be protected from it. If you choose to ignore His warning, you're on your own with whatever comes next. All the comments and stories and warnings about taking things like chants and incantations seriously, a mature Christian already knows.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'd recommend Freemasonry for Dummies, written by Christopher Hodapp.

The world is sooo small... I read a bit of that book,

I'm gonna borrow it again and finish it, one of these days...
Man, my mind is a mess, I know z without the g and h.
I'm gonna have to start back at a again. Well, at least now
I know what to avoid falling into. Here's a clue for people
who think masonry is satanism, it ain't, it's astrology
and philosophy. The entire thing is a frat for intellectuals.
All those satanic symbols Turiasz noted originate way before Christianity
was ever invented. Pagan symbols, go before that and you wind up in gamitra.
Anyways, whatever, I'm just a 20 year old crazy person, don't listen to me,
I don't have any experience in life to be taken seriously. (Sarcasm noted and underlined with cold hard laughter).

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

By definition, yes!

the faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses...

the product of imagining; a conception or mental creation, often a baseless or fanciful one.
SOURCE

If you want to believe Lovecraft's imagination was less fancy, and more fact, fine. If the Necronomicon is real, then why not the rest of the Cthulhu Mythos? Why not take all of his creations as real? And if not, if you are going to believe his creations are real by piece-meal, what standard are you using for determining what is real and what he made up?

If he wasn't just influenced by his imagination, then please tell me where in Antartica there is a mountain range of Himalayan proportions (At the Mountains of Madness). Where in Australia is the the great basalt city and library of the Yithians? (The Shadow Out of Time). Where is the evidence of Cthulhu worship among the Eskimos and Cajuns? (The Call of Cthulhu). We can go on, but I think you get the point...

[edit on 20-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
necronomicon = book of the dead, look to Egypt, not fairy tales.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus

Been tryin to tell them all that the whole time....but no one listens

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke

Originally posted by Radekus

Been tryin to tell them all that the whole time....but no one listens

No, you haven't been trying to tell us that. Going back over your posts, you never say anything of the sort. You claim the Necronomicon is real, written by "Abduk" Alhazred (My god, you can't even get the "author's" name right!)

And no, the Necronomicon does not equal the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The Necronomicon details the history of the Old Ones, dead alien races, details how to resurrect someone from just their ashes, and how to summon various entities and gods. The Egyptian Book of the Dead, despite the ominous sounding name, was a guide to the afterlife, prepared to help those who have passed on navigate the next world. There is absolutely no relation between the two.

But, let's say you're right. Where exactly in the Egyptian Book of the Dead is the ritual to summon Yog-Sothoth, or impregnate a woman with his spawn? Where is the famous couplet: Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, With Strange Aeons Even Death May Die?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is in response to a U2U I recieved from WhiteWash:

I have indeed studied Lovecraft extensively. I know for a fact he researched and studied numerous grimoires and tomes.

I am more than willing to be proven wrong. So, please prove that Lovecraft was studying occult tomes, for some other reason that to provide his tales with an aura of authenticity, and was privy to knowledge "no-man-was-meant-to-know."

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

By definition, yes!

[

Isn't everything we've ever conceived and created the result of an imaginary idea?

I think all this Satan and God stuff is just the archetypal personifications of the ultimate forces of creation and destruction, created by us in our attempt to understand who and what we are.
I found the Necronomicons in all their incarnations interesting and entertaining, but I would hestitate to try some of the darker workings contained therein, as fictional or not they are concerned with the calling of unstable forces which, to the unprepared mind can cause all manner of undesirable results, as we are messing around with the structure of our perception of 'reality'.
I think there is a strong possibility that all these entities (Called egregores?) only exist by virtue of our belief in them, and they gain their power from the cumulative energy of belief that we put into them.
Then again, from my limited experience, they do seem to harbour an extraordinary amount of power to alter the perceived structure of reality.
Maybe they act as receptacles and carriers for forces and energies that we cannot handle ourselves, a bit like electric batteries, circuits and stuff.
Who knows?

(Edited to remove an overabundance of commas, and too many instances of the word 'belief')

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
None of you can prove for a fact weather or not the Necronomicon is a real book or not, so all of you who get all cocky and agressive need to chill out while making your points, theres no need for that...

Some believe the book is real without a doubt, some are uncertain, and some believe it's a fantasy story...

No one knows for sure, unless someone can come up and provide some substantial evidence...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm not living in Lovecraft's world of fantasy, I deal with the real.
Is there a necronomican? I wouldn't look around for it.
I already heard about the craze to find it right after Lovecraft
published his stories. He even himself said there was no such thing,
but do people listen? Nah. I'm just saying, logically, I'd presume he got the
idea from the book of the dead, and added a lot of imagination into it.
It's not hard to look at the world, and be like, I'm writing a story, I need
ideas, eh, look, book of the dead, sounds like a cool thing, let's make MY OWN
And add crazy stuff into it. We all know how absurd he is with his stories.
But, I would go looking around for the book of the living though.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Radekus]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join