It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I know you added the word "Right," but there are even christians who are right of center who are still moderate democrats.

There it is, in your own words.

Now if you'd like to offer an aoplogy, I would be happy to accept and get this back on track.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wonder how my friend Armin would feel over this? He's Iranian, living in Iran. He's also a Muslim. I'm a Catholic, yet we both are the best of friends.

I don't know about you, but the book the OP posted sounds idiotic. It's basically on the same level saying that all Jew's are Zionists and want to kill all Gentiles.

And I hate to say it, but it looks like Christians are the new scapegoats of 2008. (Hey, it's OK to bash Christianity, Christians are stupid and less worth then the rest of us...
)

But whatever, you guys knock yourselves out.

Over and OUT.

Peace,

FK

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Frontkjemper]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
No Hitler was religious, just an odd mish-mash of chrisitan/pagan/evolutionist. It was probably the only way he could justify his ideas - to mix it up and reapply it so that it fit what he was about to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Christian fanaticism is the reason we had the multiple Crusades and the government's perceived threat of 'radical islam.'

All religions have fanatics, none are innocent. Some do not incite fear as much as others, but they still do it.

An extremist is an extremist is an extremist. Doesn't matter where they come from or what religion, its all the same trite.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

There it is, in your own words.

Now if you'd like to offer an aoplogy, I would be happy to accept and get this back on track.

I'm confused, obviously. Apology for what?
You mean to say that was the name of the article? Oh, well then I apologize to you but you still posted the thing, and the article sounds as if its intent is to stir up the kettle. Which you have been reading this thread (and you have), basically points to the obvious implication:
The planet is going to hades in a handbasket and the press is nudging it along by villlifying select sectors of the world's population and using it for spin in the political arena.
The democrats don't want christians voting for them, apparently. Weird.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Christian way is to love, not to kill. Anyone one who participates in these callings to purify the Earth is attempting to do work which is not theirs. Held captive through false doctrine, they will brin destruction upon themselves whilst offering it to the innocent. Those who live by the sword are fated to die by it also.

This is not Christ being reflected.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Personally, I look upon this as bashing extremists - and I also think that is a right and proper thing to do.

Whatever the merits of the book, the article has raised some interesting questions, which I'd like to explore - without the histrionics of those who feel slighted because something bad was said about christian EXTREMISTS.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do you honestly think I post only my personal beliefs?

Did you read my first post directly below the article excert and link?

I post on a variety of things - I don't always believe in the article in question, but if it has merit and I think it is worthwhile exploring then I post it.

This article falls into that category.

If you don't like how it was presented, then complain to the authors - don't take it out on me.

Obviously you read the headline and decided to kick off - why not try reading the whole thing in future.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Frontkjemper

Personally, I look upon this as bashing extremists - and I also think that is a right and proper thing to do.

Whatever the merits of the book, the article has raised some interesting questions, which I'd like to explore - without the histrionics of those who feel slighted because something bad was said about christian EXTREMISTS.

you can say bad stuff about anybody, as far as im' concerned. i just want you to realize the implications. when hitler set out to do his thang, he isolated out the "jewish bankers." that was first. notice he didn't say "jews" in general. it started with only one sector of the population, those in control of the banks. and he may have even had a leg to stand on at that point, as money does have a tendency to cause problems in a society, but not to the extent he took it. once he had villified them enough, it was a call for eradication. get those people worked up so they take to the streets in violence and fulfill your agenda. not realizing, the whole time, they were being used, most of the data that came out was over exaggerated, falsified, created, drummed up, dreamt up, propaganda, that went as far back in history as necessary to make its case.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

If you want to start talking about Hitler, let's look at Bush's actions.

He called for an eradication of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda - Islamic extremeists.

Soon he will be calling for all Muslims to be rounded up into internment camps and slaughtered.

Same for those 'illegal' immigrants that plague us so and somehow support this country from the ground up.

Like I said before, extremism is extremism no matter who it comes from.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Interesting points, and a great link - thanks.

Could it not be argued that the following had in their core a religious censoreship and predominance of intolerance towards religion:
Hitler,
communist china,
soviet union,
nationalist china,
india, pakisatn and bangladesh.

In the case of communism, religion was censored by the state and even made illegal for the goal to make everyone equal without any external influances but that of the state. I agree with you, but religion or nationlism are both just motivators, and in the cases above the motivators just happened to be non-religious in nature.

Personally I see religion as our attempt to humanize us humans into what we like to believe makes us human using ethics, morals and goodwill. History has shown that we humans must constantly work hard to stay "human" for it is far easier for us to not be human in our actions and beliefs.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's the whole point - the article was bashing the extremist view.

Demonisation of islam seems to be the aim of the people named in the article, and genocide is their answer to what they see as a "problem"

This approach is scary to any right thinking person - but that doesn't mean it can't be discussed.

I can't believe you haven't even read the article - talk about a knee jerk reaction

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Whereas I see organised religion as a mechanism for social control through a system of fear/reward - although it is undoubtedly helpfull to faithfull adherents.

I mean this about ALL organised religion - faith and spirituality are different IMO.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
reply to post by Griff

im going to need that source.

but it does not sound like violence to me. it sounds like metaphoricle devotion.

provide the source, and i will read up on it. thank you.

Mathew 10:34-39.

The Bible.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

That is Paul's corrupted version of Yeshua's message, but irrelevant to this discussion.

Wiping Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc etc will not solve any problems. New religions (and probably more corrupt) will spring up to take their place.

What people need is education. Tell the people that the message of peace and love exists in all religions.

We need to worry less about what clique we belong to and start thinking about how we actually walk the walk.

Stop talking and start walking...And I include myself in that group. I talk a lot, but do I walk a lot?

[edit on 2/12/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by undo

If you want to start talking about Hitler, let's look at Bush's actions.

He called for an eradication of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda - Islamic extremeists.

Soon he will be calling for all Muslims to be rounded up into internment camps and slaughtered.

Same for those 'illegal' immigrants that plague us so and somehow support this country from the ground up.

Like I said before, extremism is extremism no matter who it comes from.

Read my comments in this thread. You'll see I agree with you entirely. I think the entire thing is a travesty. But if muslims go to the camps, christians will just be killed outright, in their homes, on the street, at their jobs, by wandering mobs of angry people who have been brainwashed into believing that christianity is the problem. islam is the problem. judaism is the problem. then it'll be some other scapegoat, once the big three are out of the way. probably something like pagans who worship apollo instead of dionysis or dionysis instead of apollo. it's literally THAT bad.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

And yet throughout the thread you have done little except say that christian extremists do not exist - and this without even reading the article in the OP.

There are extremists in ALL religions - the view mentioned in the OP is an extremist view and is attributed to a christian group, therefore, christian extremists exist.

We all know they are the minority - just as extremist muslims are the minority.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Whereas I see organised religion as a mechanism for social control through a system of fear/reward - although it is undoubtedly helpfull to faithfull adherents.

I mean this about ALL organised religion - faith and spirituality are different IMO.

I don't want to generalize about all, but I see things in that a person is either a Christian or a Muslim and to break it down farther in to different levels is ridiculous. This is where man screws it all up from the purer form.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i wonder if anyone realizes that all this finger pointing is going to do is cause grief and suffering for everyone? it won't correct, anything. the problem isn't and has never been religion. it's always been human nature. i agree that religion can be A problem, but i don't agree that it is THE problem. THE problem is people.
the statistics bear this out. history bears this out. if we would realize that WE are the problem and not that guy over there, we could fix this ourselves by fixing ourselves, personally. i could fix me, you could fix you, or at least we could make the attempt! and we wouldn't be so consumed with the idea that that guy over there is the problem because of his religion.

imagine how much less ammunition there would be around to feed extremists, if we didn't make such a big deal out of if it in the first place. it wouldn't get air time, and the groups that might find it useful to support some extremist cause, would have less access to it and less reason to be up in arms. as it stands, only the bad things people do are paraded across the news.

as steve taylor said in his song, MEAT THE PRESS:

a christian can't get equal time, unless he's a looney, committing a crime.

boy those words have never been truer than now.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by Griff

That is Paul's corrupted version of Yeshua's message, but irrelevant to this discussion.

Wiping Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc etc will not solve any problems. New religions (and probably more corrupt) will spring up to take their place.

What people need is education. Tell the people that the message of peace and love exists in all religions.

We need to worry less about what clique we belong to and start thinking about how we actually walk the walk.

Stop talking and start walking...And I include myself in that group. I talk a lot, but do I walk a lot?

[edit on 2/12/2008 by biggie smalls]

Paul didn't write the Book of Matthew.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Dark Skies]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join