Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm not mixing them up - although much of what they say is interchangeable.

Fundamentalism and extremism go hand in hand - they are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by undo

But you are excluding a group of people from your Christian fraternity because they follow an interpretation of Jesus's teachings that you do not believe in.
It is their interpretation of Christ's teachings therefore they are Christian regardless of how extreme and / or odious their beliefs are.

Well what is christianity? the teachings of Jesus. That's it. lol
What did Jesus say? Did he espouse any of the things that belief system is teaching? If no, then the answer is simply they aren't practicing christianity. Perhaps they are practicing pope-anity or
preacher-anity, or self-anity. christianity isn't what we say it is, it's what jesus said it is. i mean, afterall, he's christ *christ=christian* ya know.

But anyway, the point being that I could say very similar things about what you believe, but I don't because it's pointless. You already know I'm right about this. You just have to learn to live with people who believe in God or gods or whatever. But please refrain from assuming all people who believe in a supernatural power are automatically the extremists. the stereotyping has to stop because it's one of the ways we end up in so many wars.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think what many people fail to see is that many of this christians organization DO involved themselves in how this country is run, and thats a fact.

If this organization get access to high level elected official it could change the way this country is run, especially when it comes to foreign policy. Although these christians extremist groups dont go to the ME and start killing muslims, they can influence the way that our politicians make decisions, like let say, go to war with Irak and such.

If you watch the movie "Charlie Wilson's WAR" you can get an idea of what im talking about.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'll never understand why people just can't believe in what ever they want and keep it to themselves and their families.Why do we have these institutions and sects and so on telling us to follow them or go to hell or die!!Honestly.I am a spiritual person that was raise Roman Catholic and I respect everybody's own belief system out there.I could care less if you believe what I do.....you don't have to just don't try and force your belief system on me.Too many people in everyone else's business I guess.

JSR

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

i disagree.

extremisim IMO, would lead one to carry out the very most extreme measures of thier fundamental beliefs. irrespective of what those fundamental beliefs are.

where as fundamentalist, IMO, would stop short of any violence because thier fundamental beliefs prohibit them from it.

i have read much of the bible. and nowhere have i ever seen jesus, the central figure in christianity, advocate violence of any kind.

extremist IMO have gone off the reservation, and many do not follow. the same can be said for islam.

JSR

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
I think what many people fail to see is that many of this christians organization DO involved themselves in how this country is run, and thats a fact.

but so do a whole host of other organizations. it would be wrong to forbid someone by law from taking office because of thier beliefs.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

If this organization get access to high level elected official it could change the way this country is run, especially when it comes to foreign policy. Although these christians extremist groups dont go to the ME and start killing muslims, they can influence the way that our politicians make decisions, like let say, go to war with Irak and such.

If you watch the movie "Charlie Wilson's WAR" you can get an idea of what im talking about.

Now that has a possibility. The problem is, isn't the war in Iraq like not even remotely related to christianity? I'm failing to see how it could be a christian war (that's a freakin' oxymoron and always has been. "crusades" is an oxymoron, too. the whole thing is a big joke. he was supposed to get osama (which we now find out, may not even be responsible ????) bin laden and not only didn't do it, but went kabonkers after he got there.

See taking a hard line against any belief system, is what caused almost every type of suffering on the planet. If you are skeptical, please review any point in history.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
From the article...

"Walid Shoebat, Kamal Saleem and Zachariah Anani are the three stooges of the Christian right. These self-described former Muslim terrorists..."

These guys are former muslim extremists who converted to Christianity!

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Dark Skies]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Skies
From the article...

"Walid Shoebat, Kamal Saleem and Zachariah Anani are the three stooges of the Christian right. These self-described former Muslim terrorists..."

These guys are former muslim extremists and only recently did they become Christians!

Well hitler was playing footsies with some of the big wigs in islam. Have you noticed it's usually the guys at the top that make these crazy deals and then the little people have to put up with the mud slinging and retribution that follows?! And the leaders hum a little tune and skip off into the sunset with their millions and a nice mansion in the bahamas. but back in the byways and highways, the little folks are still blaming each other and pointing fingers.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
i have read much of the bible. and nowhere have i ever seen jesus, the central figure in christianity, advocate violence of any kind.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Sounds like violence to me.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I've never once said that everyone of a religious persuassion is an extremist or anything of the sort.
Show me one post in any thread I have posted in here on ATS where I have stated anything of the sort.
You have assumed much.

Feel free to comment on my belief system, I would welcome the debate.
I assume you do know exactly what my belief system is and why I believe what I do?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Skies

Good call.

JSR

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

im going to need that source.

but it does not sound like violence to me. it sounds like metaphoricle devotion.

provide the source, and i will read up on it. thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yup...check this out:

The Nazi Origins of Modern Arab Terror

The agenda and political faith of Saddam Hussein, Yasir Arafat, Osama bin Laden, Hamas and the rest of the international Islamic terrorists can be traced back to World War II and two key figures, Adolf Hitler and Amin al-Husseini, known as the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

Source: Newsmax

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Feel free to comment on my belief system, I would welcome the debate.
I assume you do know exactly what my belief system is and why I believe what I do?

Yes your belief system is that that other guy over there is responsible for the problems on the planet.

Think about this logically: If you were to approach this like a scientific test, with empirical process, you would need to include ALL relevant data, to conclude that the other guy over there was THE problem. This would include comparative analysis. Not tunnel vision. You don't learn anything in science by not looking at all the evidence available. Even if initially you start with a premise, eventually you'll have to incorporate comparative analysis and the whole thing about that other guy being THE problem, will go caput, fall apart like a house of cards.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

When influential christian leaders like the late Jerry Falwell and others had so much access to leaders of Congress and the President himself, it makes me wonder if he had to much of an influence on the actions that this government has taken.

The late Reverend once called Prophet Mohammed a terrorist. Now you tell me that if that is what this Rev. preaches in his church, and the people if his church practically vote in blocks to whatever candidate he supports, it would not be a stretch to imagine what kind of advise he would give these officials?

I mean he dont even have to give the advise, he already tell his followers that all muslim are terrorist and since President Bush is fighting the "War on Terrorism" then all this is a good thing.

Just makes me wonder.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here's a video of Walid Shoebat explaining extremist islam...

youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

At what point have I apportioned blame to any single belief system or interpretation of?

You continue to assume much without offering any evidence for your assumptions.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Sounds like violence to me.

The sword is the word of God, which will cause problems if for example, you tell your teenager - You should wait till you are married to have sex and the teenager has a different idea. Or tell your mom that drinking that fifth of whiskey is not going to help her. and so on, based on the principles espoused by Christ. He definitely did not advocate violence.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

I've never once said that everyone of a religious persuassion is an extremist or anything of the sort.
Show me one post in any thread I have posted in here on ATS where I have stated anything of the sort.
You have assumed much.

You said

That Christians can commit acts of brutality on a par with anything else anyone else has committed in the name of their God is without doubt.

This auto assumes that acts of brutality have not been committed by people who are godless. It also auto assumes that "christians" (not extremists, but christians), are responsible for the acts of brutality.

Le mew, le sigh, le I need a new hobby. : /

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join