It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can tell me if the corws following me and me being weird are linked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Two years ago as I was driving, a bird flew into the windshield on the driver side head first. Ever since that happen crows have been following me. In the early morning they gather on the tree next to my window where I sleep. sometimes as I am pulling into my driveway they surround my car on the driver's side and won't let me get out of my car. two days ago as I was leaving the supermarket a big crow landed on my grocery cart as as I was putting my groceries in my car and stared at me. This is beginning to creep me out. My mother is also creeped out by this. I live in a big city where is unusual to see so many crows at once.

I am also pagan and I get perminisions of thing that are going to happen. I know what is going to happen before it happens. My mother tells me that I have the gift of sight like my grandmother. For example when my brother introduced me to his new girlfriend I told her that she had been in a mental hospital for drug abuse and she was not well in the "head" and he should be careful. to make a long story short. One day she told him that she use to be a drug addict and was in rehab for a long time. She told him that her first boyfriend got her into hard cord drugs. I also foresaw my sister's car accident before it happened. the list is long. People are afraid of me and I have never had any friends because of my so call "gift" Sometimes I creep myself out. I can also see spirits. If I go to the cementery and stand over a grave, I am able to see how that person died. This is very scary and creepy. I am not normal. This have been happening since I was a child. Everyone is afraid me and they think I have some pact with the devil. I am pagan and I don't believe in the devil.

I joined this forum because I would like to know if anyone can tell me if the birds and me being weird are linked.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by starchildsarah]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchildsarah

I am also pagan and I get perminisions of thing that are going to happen. I know what is going to happen before it happens. . I can also see spirits. If I go to the cementery and stand over a grave, I am able to see how that person died. [edit on 11-2-2008 by starchildsarah]

In my opinion, crows never seem to be that afraid of people... meaning they aren't like say a bluebird who will take flight as soon as it sees you several yards away. I'm not saying you don't have a connection with the birds but things you describe have happened to me several times. I think the more you focus on anything the more you notice it.

Wow going ghost hunting with you would sure be alot of fun!
I'm sorry I know that it scares you. So I will ask you, are you correct about how these people died? Are you doing research to see if what you see is what really happened? If not I would, maybe its your imagination! Hey the mind is a powerful weapon, ya just never know.

Yes being Pagan does not mean you worship the devil, like you stated most pagans do not believe the devil exists....I'm sorry people are afraid of you, that must be an awful thing to deal with. May I suggest, if you don't like the feedback, not being so blunt with what you think you see of the future? Maybe just talk about it with your Mom or a close friend. Well that's what I personally would do If I were you. Good Luck to you!

Welcome to ATS!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As for the fact that you don't have friends because of your foresight, perhaps it is better if you don't go around telling everyone what is going to happen to them and all that...not everyone wants to know they will be attacked by wild animals, or will die in a horrible car accident...

same as for telling your brother about his girlfriend,,,,in the end she came forth and admitted to him what had happened, so u didn't need to interfere there...

If people ask your for help or advise, then by all means, give it, bad or good..

but otherwise, let nature and all the rest take it's course...it will anyway, and you'll have alot more friends for it....

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Crows are wise and humorous creatures. Maybe they are attracted to you out of curiousity or maybe you are just learning to recognize the natural intelligence in the world around you. Maybe you have yet undiscovered gifts. Maybe the crows can help you discover those gifts.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have a few friends that have relatives dealing with the nature of the "Spirit of the Crow" as the medicine man had translated it for the lost cultures of man kind.
Here is something I have found, but it does not disclose what my friends families of medicine men have told me.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sarah I have heard of others that were for some reason a magnet for these birds. In fact, my grandmother was very often surrounded by them and would have to go inside to get away from them. She told me once that crows would only show up like that because they could sense something bad about to happen. I also learned that some native american cultures believe that crows are the embodiment of their ancestors, and arrive to warn of some unpleasent event. Perhaps in your case, the crows are simply picking up on your abilities and are trying in some way to communicate with you. Open yourself to them some time and see if you can understand what they are trying to say. Look at them and see if you can recieve any images in your mind. And if you wish them to go, concentrate very hard and tell them in your mind to go, and see what happens. I am in no way an expert, but your story interests me and I would like to see you get more comfortable with your gifts. Don't let other people make you think you're "weird". Most of the time, people fear what they don't understand. You are special, so don't fear it, embrace it. Best Wishes

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by starchildsarah

Hi Sarah,

I've just finished reading all the posts so far ... and agree with everything that has been said (particularly about being more disciplined about what you tell people ... it's very easy to freak people out if they haven't asked for your insights).

As to the Crow situation.

There are a lot of 'old wives tales' about crows (most of which a re wrong). Crows are a very Pagan bird and the fact they are always said to be linked with bad news of some kind probably dates back to the 'burning times'.

Anyhoo, I love crows ... and they do seem to be drawn to me (being a witch and all). They have are known as 'Gatekeepers' and protectors so I would be very honoured if I were you that they are shoing you so much attention.

This of course could be because they feel you need their guidance ... back to being more disciplined with your psychic/magickal gifts. I can't stress the importence of this.

On a personal note;

When my son died I used to see a single Crow every day and whenever I saw it I felt my son was very close.

About 10yrs later, I got a call from the hospital saying my dad was ill and was not expected to last the night. (I lived 150 miles away). Obviously I through some things in a bag and set-off for the hospital.

I was only about 10miles away when I looked across the motorway and saw 2 crows sitting on the fence looking directly at me. I knew my dad had gone and I knew my son had been there to meet him. After noting the time when I saw the crows I continued to the hospital.

Sure enough whn I arrived I was told my dad had died a short while before my arrival. I asked them his ToD and it was recorded at the exact time I'd seen the crows.

It was very comforting to know that he'd not been alone and that my son had been there to meet him.

Ever since then I will often see two crows together and know it's my son and my dad visiting.

Feel free to ask if you need any advise. Woody

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by starchildsarah

Crows and ravens have mixed status when it comes to mythology. Some will say good things and some will say bad things. Storys go all the way back to Greek stories and of course encompas Native beliefs and some Pagan ideas.
I could understand that this would freek you out, but I would try thinking/praying/mediating (how you chose to) on what this means to you.

ps. that was a great story you shared Woody, thank you

www.ravenfamily.org

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks starskipper, it's obviously very personal to me but I think it's a good example of how crows (who do tend to get a bad rap) are not necessarily bad omens ... I suppose it just depends how you look at it.

Yes, my son and dad are dead ... but being a 'glass half-full kinda girl', I see the positive element in the situation e.g; visible reference to my son's visits and knowing he was there for my dad when it was his time.

Woody

[edit on 14-2-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Try and meditate on the situation...

Also in regard to crows, they are a very intelligent bird and although i can imagine how creepy this may be, I would feel honoured if that happened to me.

After all they are just another of nature's creatures.

rampant-griffon.net...

www.montanadreams.net...

"Crow: Known as the keeper of sacred law, the Crow is associated with spiritual strength, invisible forces and magic. Crows are said to be able to bend the laws of the physical universe, which allows them to shape shift. Many cultures believe the Crow is the custodian of knowledge since nothing escapes their sharp vision. The message of Crow is one of change. Crow may be asking you to “shape shift” your current reality into one of your dreams."

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Edit: Double post. Sorry. I screwed up this one.

TheBorg

[edit on 15-2-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
All of the crows that I've seen are some of the most intelligent creatures on the planet, imo. They'll use things as tools to get what they want. IT's just an amazing wonder to watch them at work. Such a thrill...

Now, onto some history.

The Crow is also known as the Raven. Remember Edgar Allen Poe? Yup, that Raven. In this case, it was a harbinger of things to come. But that doesn't mean that it's that way all of the time for everyone. For some, the crow may be a blessing, and for others it may be a curse.

I, for one, love the little buggers. Just remember to not be packing food in plain sight when getting out of the car. They can smell it, and will flock to you to get it. Creepy little things hunt in packs, I'd almost swear to it!!

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ive heard stories about types of birds (notably gull) following people when they disturb their nesting site. Do the crows follow you everywhere and at all times of the year or only in a specific area and during whichever time crows nest?

new topics

top topics

join