It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Left Behind?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Penta76

Originally posted by T0by
I don't know why people that make these threads will often disappear or run away.
If i had something really interesting to say, i'd love answering questions of all types.

I can't wait for the day I get abducted so I can come to ATS as soon as I get back home.

Just remember to bring some proofe with you else nobody will belive you. Sorry to say but I belive people is not given the chance they deserve on this board latly

--
Penta

I'd give everything I had, and hopefully since i've been here a long time and my post history is quite skeptical and logical people would listen a little more.

The trouble with people who make claims like this are often fairly new to the board, have no avatar, and are not well known across the boards.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
dees I'm sure you think you saw something but I can assure you that there hasn't been a green tent at the airfield since the middle of '05 at least.

Before you go using the fact that "I work for them why should you believe me" you have no reason to not believe me. I literally work at the airfield....I see the aircraft there EVERY WEEKDAY. I talk to the bosses at the airfield every day.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

I would be more then happy to discuss this with you if there was some way to make this post its own so we dont ride this one.

--
Penta

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by adjay

First of all... no one in here has stated this was a "victory" in proving this was a hoax and the fact you have the audacity to think that is laughable.

I think it's laughable too, but the reality is that you claimed your lookup proved a "red herring" (i.e. stacking evidence of HOAX) when in fact all you proved was either:

- It's a number not in the Yellow Pages (likely for any non-public service)
- The number doesn't exist.

I can prove it exists by phoning it but I can't be bothered to find the page it's on, quote it back and I'll give it a ring.

Originally posted by QuestionWe are asking the OP to explain the gaps in his story, instead we get convenient coincidences as to why he can't get to these pieces of information. (it's in storage and I can't get to it, the solicitor this and that) I'm sorry, but it just seems too convenient. He said he still had a letter/card or whatever that his friend left, he's been asked to provide it so that at least it could be scrutinized... nothing.

And a letter would prove it? I can make one in Word in seconds if you would like, as for the stuff in storage, I believe he has indicated it is all in the hands of the solicitor now, which would really mean he doesn't have access to it. Not evidence of a hoax, evidence of legal entanglement.

Originally posted by QuestionAs for my investigative prowess. I'm not an FBI agent, or any for of intelligence officer, I make due with what I have access to. Of course I'm aware not everything is listed on the yellow pages (DUH!) but you can't fault me for at least trying. What if it DID come up and instead of coming up on as a government agency number, it came out as "PaPa John's pizzeria"? What would you say then? Don't dismiss my piece of information just because it didn't come from some ultra-secret source or some top-secret government file. Hey at least I'm trying and so are some people here.

Yeah, if it had shown up as a Pizza outlet that would have proved a hoax. But it didn't - and yet you class it as a red herring? That's probably why you don't work for the FBI or the Police! Top marks for trying but lowest mark for trying to manipulate the non-existance of it to being a "red herring".

Originally posted by QuestionYou say not to label you as someone who ends up believing these hokus pocus dark knight hoaxes, and yet here you are defending the OP tooth and nail with no substantial claims and trying to make a mockery out of me because I don't have the investigative skills of an ultra secret FBI agent. If you have any other websites where you believe I can look at and try to find this phone number. PLEASE! By all means let me know, I will check and see (provided I don't have to give away my phone/credit card number)

Label me what you want, I have little trust in most things and usually need to see something for myself to truly believe in it, but I keep an open mind and love to figure out complex problems for fun. This involves a lot of conjecture and fantastic imagination but sometimes that's what is needed to get to the bottom of something in life! I am not making a mockery out of you either - I merely pointed out that it was funny you took a non-hit on the Yellow Pages to be a "red herring". There is no website you can look up numbers for the UK, there is a calling directory on DVD but I forget its name.. And when you want your number to be private and unlisted, then it will be. Only way to check it is to phone it, give me the number and I'll try it.

Originally posted by QuestionAs for me not calling the number, well considering all the phone scams going on in the world (some based in europe by the way). I don't see why I should risk my financial well being as well as risking my identity being stolen for something that may or may not be true. Sorry pal, but the burden of proof is on the OP since he's the one making these claims, if he can't provide the evidence or even fill the gaps in his story, it only ends up raising more flags.

If I recall, the number was 020..... Not being from this country you wouldn't know that should be a London landline number, therefore it is no premium rate number or scam. The only information they would get is what you told them, or your phone number, hardly grounds for concern.

Raised flags are fine, but don't raise them falsely - like the number not showing on the Yellow Pages!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I withdrew from this post for a number of reasons, firstly that it was getting very intimidating and secondly It was impossible to try to answer the questions as fast as they were being asked. I fully endorse the fact that to get to the bottom of any issue, you must ask many questions, to resort to torture from day one is counter productive. There is another thread on this site at the moment dealing with the intimidatory attitude of some members and the possible incentives they gain from it. I thought that at this point it may be informative for any viewer of this thread to see a few facts and figures about this thread:

As of 18.40 13th February this post had 13,685 viewings.

26 Flags.

12 Stars.

143 Replys.

Out of the posters only 19 people voiced negative views to it, out of the above number of viewings I think that is quite a low number.

Two people posted the most damning views. One of them joined the site on
3.1.08 the other on 21.1.08 the third most damning joined on 11.2.08 fourth joined on 12.2.08. Does that say something to you.

Two of these have accused me of saying things which I have not said, even though every poster has the obligation to read what has been said themselves and not repeat inaccurate statements, which were wrong in the first place, especially for the DETECTIVES out there.

One who joined 13.9.07 had the post removed for obvious reasons.

We should embrace positive encouragement to elaborate on any missing details, not be so intimidated that we have to say enough is enough.

I was criticised for not even having an avatar, well I have been more interested in looking for answers in an honest way, than to try to have the best flashy avatar, I don`t need that to make me feel good about myself and have no intention of trying to impress others with such cheap tricks.
Thank-you for trying to help, I have to find my own answers, I guess.

Perhaps the Mods need to enforce a stricter control on newer members posts and deduct point with more force, I have only been a full member for three months, but have never found the desire to give another member a good kicking as some have, nor the desire to impress others.

Enough said!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adjay

Would love to, I wrote both the numbers down.

One of the numbers speculated was: 1-851-916-5320
The other speculated was: 01851-916-532 (this, one of the posters said, would be the most obvious choice since these evenst supposedly ocurred in England)

Now please by all means let us know what you find

As for the letters, while the possibility is there that they could be fakes, it would at least give something to scrutinize. Here's the quote from the OP in the first page.

I declined, but a fellow collegue of mine did accept the offer and he mailed me to say that he would shortly be leaving to follow up on his new position. He also said that he would not be coming back and asked me to take care of some of his affairs. Whilst I was clearing his house, I came upon some papers which he clearly left for me to find, amongst them were some papers, letters if you could call them that, which were obviously never meant to be sent.

Again, if they were never ment to be sent and found by the OP, I would take it he would have these papers with him. For all we know, some of these letters could be typed, some could've been written instead. But we don't know and we can't find out for sure unless something is provided. On a side note, you'd be surprised how much a letter can tell, it can actually tell whether what the author is saying is true due to the urgency of the calligraphy/grammer/etc. and by the same token, it can tell whether the author is lieing. But we won't be able to find out unless the OP provides something other than a story now will we?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Question]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The other speculated was: 01851-916-532 (this, one of the posters said, would be the most obvious choice since these evenst supposedly ocurred in England)

I suggested the UK version, and it was simply moving the final 0 to the front of the number. That number would be in the outer hebridies (islands off the coast of scotland) assuming it's connected.

There are obviously many different ways you can re-arange the number so that it could be called. I think this is merely wishful thinking that the number equivilent of the word 'respect' has anything at all to do with a secret message left for the OP...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Qwenn,

Thanks for coming back. I totally understand where you are coming from. If this had happened to me, I would have done the same thing... and had the same results. I thought you laid out the reason for your request, about flights and people missing, very well. I have no information to offer on either. I just want you to know that I am on you side, and you haven't done anything wrong as far as I can see.

Take care, and keep positive.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by adjay

Would love to, I wrote both the numbers down.

Now please by all means let us know what you find

As for the letters, while the possibility is there that they could be fakes, it would at least give something to scrutinize. Here's the quote from the OP in the first page.

I declined, but a fellow collegue of mine did accept the offer and he mailed me to say that he would shortly be leaving to follow up on his new position. He also said that he would not be coming back and asked me to take care of some of his affairs. Whilst I was clearing his house, I came upon some papers which he clearly left for me to find, amongst them were some papers, letters if you could call them that, which were obviously never meant to be sent.

Again, if they were never ment to be sent and found by the OP, I would take it he would have these papers with him. For all we know, some of these letters could be typed, some could've been written instead. But we don't know and we can't find out for sure unless something is provided. On a side note, you'd be surprised how much a letter can tell, it can actually tell whether what the author is saying is true due to the urgency of the calligraphy/grammer/etc. and by the same token, it can tell whether the author is lieing. But we won't be able to find out unless the OP provides something other than a story now will we?

Well it seems that you are a DETECTIVE of sorts, you managed to edit your reply to make it seem that you were actually following the thread, but you failed to address what I said in my last post, perhaps because it showed that you were one of the ones with the biggest boots, which of course you have earned with your past few weeks of being on this forum.
Enough said!

sorry this was a mistake to post this it was meant for the post by question. I am not young enough to be familiar with computers etc, even though I have been accused of being a 15 year old.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

"However over the past few months I have seen many group flights of jets with six or seven of them at a time, traveling in what could only be called a formation. I have started to worry that something big is happening and that we are the last to know, this has been happening on an almost daily basis for the past few months and it is far beyond the local air traffic."

Gwenn,
How far apart would you say that these planes were from each other, and how high were they (roughly), i.e., did they just take off, or were they at typical cruising altitude?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This last reply was to answer a post by Question, as has been said of me, how is anyone to take seriously a thread which has been posted by someone so new, yet as I have pointed out, the four main people who have flamed this thread are newer than myself. Question has claimed to be a detective, yet he fails to read and evaluate a post himself, with valid points to put forward, without looking at the evidence he has before him, Columbo needs to have no fear of the new kid on the block, he may have a fancy avatar with a cute comic book character he wishes to aspire to, but NO dirty raincoat. Edit your posts by all means to correct your spellings etc, but not to backtrack and make out that you are a fair and true witness to the events, that is called changing your story to suit the circumstances and does YOUR credibility no good! It is the very thing which you have accused me of. You expect others to believe that you failed to see my last post, that is why you ignored the points I raised, you then go on to add to the theory of phone numbers perhaps being this or that, where is the detective in that! You expect me to answer and address the points put forward, then you need to do the same, or loose YOUR credibility as ACE detective.

Enough said!

Whoops! While I was writing this reply another of the two most prominent criticisers has posted and it it appears that he too has developed a nice and friendly approach to me, asking nice and polite questions. He said that he was going to go along with the game to humour me, how then can he expect a reply to any questions? see the post above!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound harsh here, but Qwenn, are you ever actually going to reply to the questions posed throughout this thread?...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Again, I ask the question, the four NEW members Question, Profemeritus, TS zodiac, Laughable and the not quite so new Mek 12 ( post deleted for personal abuse ), who have been the main 5 detractors of this thread, WHY have you not addressed my post which gave a detailed account of your activities here? Who has something to hide, me who has started a thread asking for answers to a mystery which has happened to me personally, or YOU who have decided to gang up on a genuine member of this forum? It has been said of me by TOby, that why should anyone take seriously anything said by a newbie such as myself who has no avitar and has only been active here for three months. But backs four other newbies who have been here since only a few weeks, apart from the fact that they have fancy avitars, by the way nice thoughtfull POSE TOby, I should have thought of that, then mayby I would have been taken seriously ( by the way I was being sarcastic ). I am disgusted that this kind of thing is allowed and that was why I refuse to answer any more questions on this, it is a shame that if you get abducted TOby, you will not only have to show a photograph of your abductors, have a spare alien body for medical examination and have full documentation, including their contact telephone numbers and any other thing which the so called DETECTIVES ask of you, after the event, you may know, but they still won`t believe.

By the way VectorJ the answer to your question is, what is the point, unless you personally want to ask me a personal question or two, as you have been on the fence and not offensive. I have never refused to answer an honest question about this, but as you must be aware, there has been a whole lot of siily questions which are intended to catch me out. As my dear old mother used to say don`t trust a liar to do anything other than lie, you know where you stand with them them. Any sensible questions will be answered, but bear in mind I am one person typing, if I can`t catch up with five people asking five questions each, then some will say that any less than twenty answers in two minuites, is evading the issue, I need to sleep and to refuse to answer any stupid questions, especially ones that result from not reading the original posts.

I would also appreciate if people would read my post on the offensive tactics used by 5 fairly new posters and analyse what they say, but apply some sort of filtering system to their motives. I encourage questions from seasoned members of the forum, as they have so much prior knowledge to look back on and have an insight that people will not hope to gain in two or three weeks here. If people who have a whole two or three weeks experience of this area can flame someone else here, then we are all lost.

Enough said!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I suggest we all let this thread die off. Qwenn doesn't seem to want to provide any extra information, and I don't think we can change that.

My personal opinion, by the way, is that Qwenn is being honest about at least some of the stuff, but beyond that, I'm unsold as to my opinion of what actually went on.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

First off, I have been here longer than a couple of weeks so I would be careful about trying to put me in the same category as people who make accounts just to harrass people.

Secondly, I never ACCUSED you of ANYTHING!!!! I said "for all we know" we don't know who you are, you COULD be a 15 year old! Am I saying you are? No! You've been given opportunities to explain yourself and fill in the gaps in your story so that at least we can somewhat discern whether you are telling the truth or not. Heck someone even suggested you get a hold of the mods in this site to verify if you really are who you say you are. You haven't, so how are we supposed to take you seriously if you yourself don't seem to take this seriously? For god's sake your friend supposedly has gone missing! I'd expect you to be even more involved in finding answers than US! But no, instead we get convenient circumstances that get in the way of you finding out where your friend is.

Sorry pal, just because some of us don't immediately buy your story right away doesn't make us "thread cra**ers" as adjay mentioned. We're simply doing what any inquisitive person would do when they hear amazing claims. Again, if you leave, you leave on your own volition. It has nothing to do with us. The burden of proof is on your side chuckles... so what will it be?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
Again, I ask the question, the four NEW members Question, Profemeritus, TS zodiac, Laughable and the not quite so new Mek 12 ( post deleted for personal abuse ), who have been the main 5 detractors of this thread, WHY have you not addressed my post which gave a detailed account of your activities here? Who has something to hide, me who has started a thread asking for answers to a mystery which has happened to me personally, or YOU who have decided to gang up on a genuine member of this forum? It has been said of me by TOby, that why should anyone take seriously anything said by a newbie such as myself who has no avitar and has only been active here for three months. But backs four other newbies who have been here since only a few weeks, apart from the fact that they have fancy avitars, by the way nice thoughtfull POSE TOby, I should have thought of that, then mayby I would have been taken seriously ( by the way I was being sarcastic ). I am disgusted that this kind of thing is allowed and that was why I refuse to answer any more questions on this, it is a shame that if you get abducted TOby, you will not only have to show a photograph of your abductors, have a spare alien body for medical examination and have full documentation, including their contact telephone numbers and any other thing which the so called DETECTIVES ask of you, after the event, you may know, but they still won`t believe.

Enough said!

Oh yeah, throwing insults and calling people newbs REALLY helps your position and credibility here... pfft!

Oh yeah, before I forget, I don't recall EVER saying I was a "detective" if I remember correctly, I believe I used the terms "look up" and "research" you don't need to be an FBI or CIA agent to do research or look up information. I also admitted I don't have the resources that a detective would use either which is why I even asked that if adjay has any good resources for looking up information, to please provide it so I can use it as well. So please, do us a favor and stop with the sarcasm and go back to the topic.

as for your "edit" comment... "oh noes! I know how to use the edit button to add information related to my previous comment so I don't have to waste a whole nother post and waste space!" are you for real man? Please do me a favor, just because you were here in 2007 doesn't make you any more "genuine" than anyone else here. One could argue you're a newb as well since you haven't been here since this website's conception, so spare us that mumbo jumbo.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

So you're not going tobother answering anything becuase of 4 or 5 people you feel are attacking you, which you have stated yourself is actually a vast minoirty of the people who have posted in here? That's ridiculous and almost spiteful...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
VectorJ I was editing my post as you were answering it, I think if you read it again you will realise that I was being honest, not spiteful and I offered to answer any valid questions which you pose, or any other established member.

Question. You are a newbie, even if you dont`t like anyone saying it, I tell it like it is, I have no intention of stroking your overblown ego. I have contacted a MOD giving full details which I was asked to do, as a DETECTIVE you should know that, I have had no reply from them, but you should know that as you are a DETECTIVE and you read every post to gather evidence in your case. I refuse to be bullied by you and I will ask the moderators to read and evaluate this thread, I`m sure that they will do a better job than you seem to have done and conclude that someone who has been here five weeks and is causing such upset, is not to be tolerated without a warning at least!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

You said he wrote "See you on the other side"... This personally touches me as I think about that exact phrase from time to time, I once had a dream where me and me brother, for what ever reason, decided to drown ourselves (at least i think thats what it was) by jumping in a water hole and I said to him "See you on the other side" and then I got that fear feeling you get, inside at the base of the rib-cage and then I guess I woke, up cant really remember details...

It's strange that you brought that quote up because I always imagine myself saying it to someone just before somthing big happens... i cant even remember where I origionally heard it but I'm sure it means somthing.

Just felt id related back to where the Topic was...

Regards,

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

LOL! wow! you know absolutely no clue who I am or what I do, and yet you managed to make the assumptions that I'm a "newb" just because I've been here only 5 weeks when I could make the argument that you're just as much a newb since you haven't been here since this site's conception. that I'm a "detective" even though I have already stated I'm not, and that I have a "giant ego". My god can you possibly be more presumptous? Do yourself a favor and just stop throwing stupid insults since it doesn't help your credibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join