It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Left Behind?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

My apologies Qwenn, that was a poor choice of word on my part. Here is a repost of some questions I had earlier:

1. Why do you think they chose you to contact? Are/were you an eminent researcher in your field? Was your colleague? I mean to ask you think why you rather (or indeed as well as) other people from your field would have been contacted?
2. How did they contact you, phone or post? Did they leave a return number or simply offer to call backafter an amount oftime (such as the 28 days of the last offer) to get your reply?
3. Have you worked on anything high profile enough or with enough links to potential major future projects in your field? Maybe thats why they chose you?
4. What type of planes, if you are able to judge, have you been seeing?
5. What do you consider a formation, could you draw us a picture?
6. If you saw such things on several occasions, did you never try to photograph them?
7. The 'headhunters' did they ever refer to themselves by a company name, or any contact name? How much did they seem to know about you?
8. Has anyone else prominent in your field also disappeared?
9. Your colleague must have had some friends, did you ever asked them if he told them anything that sounded weird before he disappeared?

Apologies for continually saying 'your field', I understand that that is in the area of hydroponics and seed propagation, but I wanted to leave the questions in the form I originally posted them for accuracies sake.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

To the best of my knowledge, no one here is "ganging up" on you. If you will not answer legitimate questions, then I think most people will conclude that you have something to hide. Just because people ask serious questions is no reason to call that "ganging up".

For instance, some of the statements that you have made ARE hard to believe.
You want examples?
Let's start with your first post:
I have seen many group flights of jets with six or seven of them at a time, traveling in what could only be called a formation. I have started to worry that something big is happening and that we are the last to know, this has been happening on an almost daily basis for the past few months and it is far beyond the local air traffic.

You stated that these were jets. OK. They're Category III airplanes. The FAA has separation limits of a minimum of 6,000 feet for Category III aircraft. In the UK, I believe the minimum separation is 5,000 feet. Such separations would make it hard to describe what you saw as "formations". Furthermore, if these have been going on for months, then such violations of UK Separation guidelines would mean that air traffic controllers would be either asleep at their consoles or committing crimes by purposely ignoring them. Furthermore, if such "formations" were as common as you say, there would be something in the papers or on TV about them, and someone would have raised heck about them.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, that although this IS a conspiracy site, and we should be open minded, it doesn't mean that we should ignore such problems with your story.

I have made my mind up based on what information you have given us, and what information you have NOT given us. Many of the posters here have specific expertise. They have an obligation to those that do not have such expertise to probe stories using their expertise. If all you want is to put your story up, and not have anyone disagree, just say so. Then those of us that want to get to the truth, will go to other threads, where people are willing to have a complete discussion to try to get to the truth. You asked for help here, but when it was offered, in the form of zeroing in on certain points, you objected. You can't have it both ways.

Have a nice day. I will spend my time on other threads.

I think that the real problem here is that those people that you mentioned have brought up questions and concerns which have exposed major problems with your story.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Amen to that ProfEmeritus. Very well put. Not to mention that, if it really was as often as he's making it sound, I would expect the OP to at least be prepared so he could take a picture. But then again, that would just be what I know I would do. After all, if I was really seeking out help from people, the best way to convince them to help would be to actually have something substantial to show them so they know I'm not lieing. ESPECIALLY if it's something that could be considered conspiracy related, considering not everyone buys into the whole conspiracy scenario.

The OP should consider himself lucky that there are people in here still wanting to help him out (provided what he/she's saying is true) and some of us still believe there might be SOME truth to the OP's statements, but without anything to go by but a fantastical claim, how exactly do you expect us to believe him? Again, considering that supposedly his FRIEND for god's sake, is going missing, I would expect the OP to take a heck of a more active role in this, but he's not, instead the OP would rather throw insults.

I'm sorry, but when you compare this thread, to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't help but wonder about the legitimacy and sincerity of the OP. In that thread you have a heck of a lot more substantial evidence put forth by the OP herself. It wasn't just a fantastical claim that she (the OP in that thread) did, she actually went all out and provided ATSers with ample evidence to look at and scrutinize.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Qween, if you'll so kindly point out where I even responded to one of your posts I'll gladly move on and quit even looking at this thread. But don't just throw my name in your nice little "oh he's a newb" category just because I posted in your thread. Not only did I not respond to one of your posts I didn't respond to anything on the original topic. Get your facts straight before you include people that don't need to be.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well this is my first posting, here is my thought.

I believe that there could be a mixture of truth and conspiracy to the original posting. It is firmly documented that the United States Government has Continuity of Government Plans and Facilities. In the conspiracy realm, this is referred to as the Shadow Government. While I do not completely believe the conspiracy, it is very likely that the Government contingency plans would include people with *important* knowledge, not just Government bureaucrats.

The exact details about the people who are involved with the contingency operations is very hush hush, we can probably assume the following;

1. They must live within a specific distance from their Government designated bunker. They could even live in housing additions with other members of the group.

2. They probably live in the bunker for months at a time, kind of like how a fire fighter works 24 hours on and 24 hours off. This would allow them to be well acclimated to this environment with countless scenarios and drills.

3. They probably have to limit their contact with their old life to an extreme degree, i.e. paying off all bills, ending friendships etc. This would be because they are certainly required to maintain the highest level of security clearances.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I Am a newbie as far as actually replying, but i have followed ATS conversations for a long while now.

First off, If what is happening in Gwenns life is actually going on stop harassing and be understanding because If i beleived my life was going to end and yall were harassing me i would figure out all the information I could to save myself and say forget the rest of you.

Second off, if it is true then I would not be combative - they are ignorant to do so, be the Smarter one of the croud and help us figure this out. I would just like to say though, call that lady back and give her the broken down respect number and see what she says. or just say respect. Who knows where it can go. AND BESIDES... if you call her enough she will get tired of anwsering you and finally give in a little bit more.

I would deffinately investigate his stuff a lot further though. If he was leaving you clues though hed add something to something yall treasured together a past memory to make sense of. Good Luck-

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deesw

They did a complete look through of my truck, underneath, under the hood, and in the cab. No other base did that at all

You must not vist military bases - ever.

I live on a military base and every day they have random checks - no matter who you are - active duty or cilivian - and these checks involve complete vehicle searches. This has happened to me at least 4 times in the past 4 years - at this base.

This is common proceedure at every base I have ever been to.

It was very large. The closest description I could give would be sort of a cross between a B1 and a Warthog.

REALLY? LMAO. Im curious how one could either confuse a B1 and a Warthog or one could say that something resembles both.

That is like comparing a Hummer with a bicycle. Or a horse with a dog.

Sorry, I just found that funny.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have tried to read every post here....but for me its 9 pages and I admit, I have done a lot of scanning.

My question is this.

If you are really concerned for your friend, have you contacted the police and told them your friend is missing? Have you contacted the paper or anyone who can do some professional investiating. At least here in the states a Private Investigator will do ANY type of investigation, as long as they get paid
And that PI can find a way to get access to the storage unit.

And how come you didnt keep ANY evidence of these letters? Why on earth would you let go of something SO IMPORTANT???? And you didnt write down the phone number on anything? You just left it on the phone and handed it over to a complete stranger?

How do you know that stranger is even a "good guy"?

I admit, im a bit of a skeptic because there are some holes, and some contradictions....however, im really curious to see more of this. It is intriguing, thats for sure.

Also, you said:

The only items I kept were the book,the birthday card and the post-it-note.

Can you take a picture of this stuff and post it?

[edit on 14-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
The craft almost had kind've a similarity to a B1 but not much. Even though I had security clearance to get on base it took 48 hours of additional background checks and a half a day wait at the visitor center at the gate before I could get in. They did a complete look through of my truck, underneath, under the hood, and in the cab. No other base did that at all. My cell signal was jammed all through the base. I had cingular and Verizon. It was definitely some weird stuff. Another thing,,,, Huntsville is a rather small airport considering the size of Huntsville yet they just built a brand new tower that is 21 stories high. By far the most technologicly advanced tower I've seen as well.

Sorry to bounce in on this, but this has me very peaked. You'll notice in this same thread that I replied that the only increased aircraft activity we've experienced is night flights from helicopters down the I-65 corridor towards Alabama. Over the last year we've had a sizeable increase in flight activity but only with night fights. I've never gone out to look at what is flying overhead since it sounds like helicopters.

Do you know of anything that would be warranting this increase in traffic? Additionally, the traffic is always coming from the north down to Alabama. Never coming from Alabama and going North.

Anyone here have any advice on what kind of camera setup I should get a hold of in order to take night pics of aircraft?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by adjay

Would love to, I wrote both the numbers down.

One of the numbers speculated was: 1-851-916-5320
The other speculated was: 01851-916-532 (this, one of the posters said, would be the most obvious choice since these evenst supposedly ocurred in England)
[edit on 13-2-2008 by Question]

Just wanted to clarify that the 1-851-916-5320 will not be a valid phone number as when doing a lookup (link has already been provided, it shows that 851 is the NXX (exchange) for the 309 area code. The phone number would then have to be 1-309-916-5320 in order for it to have a valid area code for dialing. I wasn't able to locate the number as belonging to anyone, however, I'm not familiar with cell phone prefixes (the first three numbers after the area code) to know if this could be a cell phone number (which may or may not pull up with reverse lookups).

I haven't tried to call the phone number becuase with my luck, it'll be legit, it'll back the story up 100%, and some grouchy woman will be asking me for a reference number. lol Yes, color me ATS paranoid!

I do think that there needs to be focus placed on the word. However it needs to be done. Whether the OP responds or not, perhaps the OP might be able to think about what kind of puzzles his friend liked best and *if* the word RESPECT could be "played" -- perhaps in conjunction with the only other written clues which was in the book.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Look greeneyed, back off. I went to several bases and FAA facilities over the course of the last two years and that was the first time I had ever been inspected that much.
I didn't say I confused a B1 with a warthog. I said it looked kindof like a cross between the two. It was V shaped with something that looked like huge engines on both sides like a warthog has. I couldn't tell if they were engines or not.
I have not been bold enough to come on this site and call anyone a liar or insult them and insinuate they were stupid or anything. But this was the second time it happened to me on this thread and both times from military people. Knock it off. I simply shared what I saw and observed. I said what it looked like, I never attempted to insinuate anything about it at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deesw

I'm not calling you a liar, but I am telling you that your fabricating atleast part of this. There has never been a green tent at the RSA Airfield. NEVER. There's a tent here now, but I assure you it's not green. I work in the hangar and I have a friend that works in the tower I've spoke with him and he has no clue what you'd be talking about.

Like I said I'm sure you saw something that you didn't recognize but atleast part of your story is false.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh but why should we believe anything you say, you were once in the military, maybe you're just a disinformation agent. When you start pulling crap like that it's a never ending unwinnable argument. I know what I believe and I'm sure you believe you saw a green tent. I'm fine with that. I'll provide my side of things and you can provide yours and the other ATS members can base their opinions on what we provide.

Again I never said you were a liar, just that atleast part of your story was false. Part of the Bible is false does that make "god" a liar?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You have lost your mind,,,, what part of the Bible is supposed to be false? And who made you all knowing that you can do what no other person has ever been able to do, that is disprove the Bible. You can make fun of denominations maybe even people, but how are you gonna bring the basis for my religion into this arguement ? You'll get nowhere in an arguement by attacking the deity or his word. Religion has nothing to do with this thread. There are plenty of other threads on here for you to debunk God.
By insinuating that part of my story is false you are calling me a liar. Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread? Or do you just search the conspiracy threads and call everyone liars?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
At the moment I am struggling to keep a stable internet connection, it has been on and off for most of the day so I will have to write a little at a time and then keep editing the post as it goes on. And no I will not remove or alter anything which I have already written. I will post now and add some answers as I read the questions, I have already lost a couple of posts and have littlt time to re-write every time.

First a couple of points.

Question: You say to keep off of the name calling, yet you call me chukkles ( unless you go back and edit from your post ), the rules should also apply to you. You say that "For all we know he could be" this that or the other, then you try to undermine me by saying, perhaps he is a fifteen year old. Well again the same goes for you, you could be fourteen, or a frog who has learned to type, etc. You also said that I refused to give a Mod some personal details, this is wrong and I reffered to it in an earlier post. I gave far more details than needed, but the Mod has not posted to say that I have. By the way as I have said in this thread before I have no camera, mobile phone, video camera, telescope etc. But even if I did, I would`nt know where to start in putting this to computer, otherwise I would be selling on E-bay!

We need to stop this infighting, it is disrespectful to other members and gets us nowhere, so what about a truce and try getting back to helping each other.

Before I answer these questions Vector J, you must understand that I am trying to cover the answers reffering to both suspicious reasons and normal everyday, I say this because otherwise I will get misquoted and it will become even more difficult to follow for anyone, especially me as I will try my best.

1) Why me, who knows, perhaps, no family or ties, own home, boring, expertise in a few different fields, Horticulture, Stage illusion, Teaching, working with problem students, ex offenders, homeless.

2) Every contact has been through a one to one, unplanned by me supposed chance meeting, having lunch out and someone starts a conversation which turns work oriented after the first sentance and a work offer comes up quickly. Otherwise the same person would "bump" into me.
The 28 day thing was verbal, as was his coming back to talk to me at the 28 day interval. No company name was given when I asked, only told that it would be the same sort of job, but a larger salary, even though I had not informed him how much I was earning.

3) No major fields of high profile, although micropropagation cuts the maturing age of the subject, meaning if trees like Magnolia could take 20 years to flower normally, this can be cut to a year or two, so fruit is much the same. I have been involved with the M.O.D. at a time in the past and know that missing people could be bumped into whilst there and on the news the very same night, being looked for, so it does happen.

4) What type of planes, The simple answer is no idea, big ones thats all I can say, six or seven at a time, all traveling in the same direction, leaving trails.

5) I never said that they were flying in geometrical formations, just they were flying togeather in a formation ( i don`t know what elso to call it ) if I had said group, I would have been slammed for that.

6) As I have said before, no camera or other means of taking photos.

7) Sort of answered above, just to add that they seemed to have done thier homework.

8) not anyone that I know of locally, I don`t know that there is anything really fishy about my friends departure, only that he left in a hurry, leaving me to tie up the small things for him as a favour. The big stuff had already gone before he asked me, so he must have known a while before, but kept it to himself.

9) I was the closest he had to a friend, he rarely talked to people, but worked well with others, without talking too much.

I believe that is all of your questions, I will answer others by and by.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
*Arnold Voice*

STOP IT !!!

Civility and Decorum are Required

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Apsaroke

good deduction apsaroke, someone even mentioned the possibility that the numbers coinciding with "respect" coul easily be the reference number itself.

While I wouldn't necessarily be too scared if it was the woman the OP is talking about, I'm more scared of it being the number for some kind of phone scam and then poof! my identity just got stolen

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Question]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Hi Qween, this must have occured to others since this friend of yours has disapeared. Did anyone every ask you this question? Did you do away with him yourself using his disapearence as a cover story? I know this did not happen since you probably had nothing to gain, but has anyone asked you this question? Rik Riley

[edit on 14-2-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow what a good question, I had often said to others that I could throttle him at times, he was infuriating at times, but unintentionally funny at the same time. I suppose someone would give evidence against me in court saying that i had done away with him. I should hope that because of all of the behind the scenes things he did in the run up to going, left enough evidence that he was going for his own reasons. I could`nt be accused of wanting his job either, as I was only doing the year as a favour, they say don`t go back, always forward. Truth is if I had wanted to stay on, I could have, but I left years before to work for myself. Mind you killer qwenn sounds good.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join