It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Were you born in britain?

What does it say on your passport?

Do you consider yourself to be above the laws of britain because you view yourself as muslim rather than british?

For the record, I was born in Ireland and have spent periods of time over there throughout my adult life with relatives friends etc.
I had most of my schooling in britain and have dual nationailty, and have worked most of my life in britain as well as going to uni here.

I see myself as more british than irish - but I would never deny my ancestry.

The funny thing is, that if you were to say these things in Ireland, you would not last long. Ireland has less tolerance for religious hatred than britain does - probably because of its history.

When my dad first came to britain in the early 60's it was common to see signs on boarding houses that said (in this order) "No Blacks, No dogs, No Irish" - so IMO he would have been justified in shouting about racism.

Nearly fifty years later, we have a muslim shouting racism because we don't want to support someones 4 wives.

BTW - none of the muslims I have ever known had trouble getting a job - unless they didn't want one.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
I am a Muslim.Thats my true identity!

Your religion doesn't make you any less British, does it?

Your comment ;

It’s impossible now! There are too many of us and we have MPs up there to twist and play with the laws up there to suit our needs. Understand? IF they mess with us than it will be French riots times 1000.Understand?

Implies that you wish to see fellow British people have property damaged, be injured or even killed in riots similar to those that were carried out in France.

Why would you wish that on your fellow British citizens Kangjia?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think the problem might be that you and your relatives aren't trying hard enough to assimilate into the local culture. You don't have to lose your identity as a Muslim to do that. If you truly followed your religion, you'd realize that it's very flexible.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

That's one of the major problems.
Moderate right thinking people assimilate and make good lives for themselves and their familys.
Others blame everyone but themselves for their own shortcomings and turn to violence to remedy it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Reply to budski

Were you born in britain?

Yes

What does it say on your passport?

Red colour.Its got my kid picture on it.

Do you consider yourself to be above the laws of britain because you view yourself as muslim rather than british?

I follow UK laws but if it conflicts with my religious laws than i will follow religious laws.

The funny thing is, that if you were to say these things in Ireland, you would not last long. Ireland has less tolerance for religious hatred than britain does - probably because of its history.

We people are not scared.We don’t chicken run when hard times come.We tackle the problems ourselves that’s why we are still in UK even though racism exists.

Nearly fifty years later, we have a muslim shouting racism because we don't want to support someones 4 wives.

So why get the new law out in first place?Like I said you give these new benefits and than you complain.Whats the problem?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Oh wow this is the first I have heard of this.

Fear yup I would say fear has a lot to do with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I follow UK laws but if it conflicts with my religious laws than i will follow religious laws.

Your religious laws do not apply in Britian.

I wonder - if by following your religious law you broke British law, would you accept the full consequences of the legal system here with no complaint?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A question then. Are you willing to accept the consequences of following religious law in civil legal action.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Then perhaps you should emigrate to a country where they have sharia law.

The laws are not for you to pick and choose, they are for everybody.

I'm pretty sure that living in Iran or Saudi would be far less pleasurable than you seem to imagine.

As for racism, I'd suggest that it's YOU who is the racist - and that's what racists always mention as their first fall back position - racism.

I know of no-one of any colour who has been affected by racism, except for pockets of idiots who you get everywhere - islam included.

I also know that disaffected muslims who seek to allocate blame where there is none are almost always fanatics.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Reply to Beachcoma

I think the problem might be that you and your relatives aren't trying hard enough to assimilate into the local culture. You don't have to lose your identity as a Muslim to do that. If you truly followed your religion, you'd realize that it's very flexible.

We get taught at home,mosque,people around that not to mix with non-muslims.They can never be our friends and it also states that in the Quran itself.Plus if we mix than we will start becoming more liberal,lower our morals and degrade ourselves and loose our true identity.

last week I went to listen to a big speech in Bermingham at the biggest mosque in Europe.Sheikh Muhammad Yayoubi (great Scholar) from Syria came and gave the talk at Ghamkol Sharif and told us that we have to follow Islam strictly and keep ourselves always in a state of mind of following the Sharia way.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You are right, the law was passed quietly without telling the UK citizens about it and the income to pay for this will be in the millions.

That is why now is becoming controversial as people knows now and they are complaining.

The claim that is less than a 1000 polygamous coupes in the nations is the base for the law, but as usual people wll do everything to get around the system and benefit more.

I believe that if polygamy is against the law in the UK this should apply to everybody and not just a few.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd still like to know if Islam prohibits contraceptives. If you know you live in a repressive society where it's hard to get work because of your faith...why would you want to bring another Muslim into that situation?

If Muslims are unafraid in the 'bad times' then why do they need the money of working people to support them? I guess they are afraid of starving, huh?

Can a family stay on the dole for generation after generation?

It's pretty ironic that Muslim people are depoending on Christian people to feed them...and threatening to riot if they don't???

Hooboy...America ain't so bad, after all

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Where does it implicitly state in the koran not to mix with non muslims?

Doesn't it also say that jews and christians are people of the book and should be venerated as such?

Don't you also venerate the virgin mary even though she was jewish?

I think you may have been listening to the wrong people.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If you are true to your root believes then, do you know that being in this forum and sharing with us will be against your believes?

You are young and born in a foreign nation assimilation is bound to happen.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We people are not scared.We don’t chicken run when hard times come.We tackle the problems ourselves that’s why we are still in UK even though racism exists.

Communication is a two-way street. If you don't communicate well, people won't communicate well with you. Likewise, if you act in a racist manner, people will act in a racist manner towards you.

Racism exists anywhere you go, regardless of what religion you follow. As an example, some of the Arab tourists who come to my country act very culturally superior towards the Malay cab drivers here, even though both of them are Muslims. So is the problem here the fact than one is Arab and the other Malay? No. The problem here is that certain individual are just being asshats.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by themillersdaughter

The first source of Islamic law, the Koran, does not mention contraception. On the contrary, most of the 'sayings' (hadith) of the Prophet Mohammed (the second source of Islamic law) on the subject, tolerate coitus interruptus (azl). The position commonly and historically shared by Islamic jurists coincides with Al-Ghazali's interpretation according to which, under many circumstances, coitus interruptus is a blameworthy but tolerated (makruh) act. However, there has always been a minority of jurists opposed to contraception. Analogical reasoning (qiyas, the fourth source of Islamic law) makes it possible to legitimize most modern contraceptive techniques. Nowadays, because of the risks of overpopulation, the majority of Islamic governments have passed family planning laws; however among the masses the wrong belief that Islamic law prohibits contraception is spreading.

source

So you see, the koran does NOT forbid contraception.
As always, the word has been twisted by man for his own ends.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Reply to budski

[Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

[O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah as witnesses to fair dealings and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just, that is next to piety. Fear Allah, indeed Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do.] (Al-Ma’dah 5 :8)

[O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)

[O you who believe! Take not for protectors (awliya') your fathers and your brothers if they love unbelief above faith. If any of you do so, they are indeed wrong-doers.] (Al-Tawbah 9: 23)

[Let not the Believers take the unbelievers as their patrons over against the Believers…] (Aal-'Imran 3: 28)

[O you who believe! Take not for patrons unbelievers rather than Believers. Do you wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves?] (An-Nisaa’ 4:144)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So, it's ok to 'mix with' non Muslims when you are picking up benefits?

If you are not to mix, don't accept the charity of non Muslims.

Seems to me, you're teaching your children it's ok to be a beggar from someone who isn't Muslim, as long as you dont exchange pleasantries.

I've worked for the welfare department in America, in Florida. At the time, if you had another child while on welfare, your benefits went up exactly 15$ a month (not including the medical bennies). Not the huge bankroll people assume it is.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by themillersdaughter
I'd still like to know if Islam prohibits contraceptives.

To my knowledge, it doesn't prohibit contraceptives or other methods of family planning.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And again - nowhere does it say you can't mix with non-muslims.

Another bad interpretation of what he thinks god said.

Never mind kangija - one of these days you'll find something that actually says what you want it to - but I ain't holding my breath.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join