It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by zerotime
What you are saying is 100% false. Where are you getting the information that the video was edited by the News Organization? This video comes straight from the Sheriff’s office. The only editing was done by the Sheriff's office.

And what are you basing this on?

One has to ask why won't they release the full video if they have more? I mean, it would only clear up this awful mess right?

I'm looking forward to that.

I live in Ohio and right now this is big news. It is playing on every station. This video was released by the Sheriffs office in defense of their case. They seemed to believe this video was going to exonerate them. However, it did quite the opposite. Now they have an angry public and everyone wants more answers.

The Sheriff did respond to the video:
www.cantonrep.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The bottom line is that no one should ever have something like this happen to them, and yet it happens all the time. It never shows up on TV or in the newspapers. It always gets swept under the rug.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What you are saying is 100% false. Where are you getting the information that the video was edited by the News Organization? This video comes straight from the Sheriff’s office.

Give me a break. The raw footage was from the Sherrifs department. The TV station and perhaps the lawyer edited whatever footage they recieved.

The clips are broken it seems in an effort to minimize the presence on screen of the two female officers in the opening clip. This is how you make propaganda filsm.

Again as I have said: Does her claim have merit? I don't know. Was she out of control? Sounds like it but I really don't know. And neither do any of you really.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That was tough to watch. What kind of training did these criminal 'cops' receive at the police academy that makes them think this is ok?

This reminded me of the videos I saw when I visited Dachau concentration camp just outside of Munich. Facism out of control.

The thing that really bothers me is the expressionless look on the facists' faces. Looks like they do this sort of thing all the time.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

And where did it say that the video wasn't edited? I didn't see that in the article.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
let me tell you what's going to happen
they will go to court drag her through the mud
they will settle (ex parte) with no admission of guilt
and the public will be left with one message.

we did it before, we will do it again
and you can't stop us.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Again, you guys are rushing to judgement here as it seems to suit many of your own personal beleifs about law enforcement etc.

The bottom line is this: She is getting her day in court and will have a chance to present her case just as the Sherrifs office will present its defence. And its in federal court to boot.

Steffey has a pending federal lawsuit against Swanson's department, saying she was assaulted by deputies, denied medical help and was the victim of excessive force during her arrest on Oct. 20-21, 2006.

The complaint is pending in U.S. District Court before Judge David D. Dowd Jr.
www.cantonrep.com...

But hey if you all want to rush down to the courthouse with pitchforks and torches I doubt I or anybody else can stop you.

[edit on 2/2/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The main point here is "2 men forcibly striping a woman with out her consent", None of us can deny this. If you seen the video then you saw what I saw and what I saw(clearly) were 2 male officers striping a woman naked.

What could possibly be worst than a helpless woman being striped by 2 men against her will by people she thought she could trust? No there is no justifiable reason for it. It has to stop right here right now, not in a year from now when more and more people lose interest in the story for the current news, by then people will be saying "Well I don't know much about that case and it happened awhile ago and now that a year has passed it probably happened a few other times as well. Plus I don't have time to get involved." So they will move on to other things. Without the attention of "We The People" it could vary easily be swept under the rug. If this does get swept under who knows maybe in 3 years from now we might get to see this video in full context on an episode of Cops the TV series. Sounds silly?

We have all the proof that is needed, 2 male officers who are sworn to protect and serve the people. Striping a woman naked not only of her clothes but most importantly her dignity. They broke a law that should be of utmost importance to We The People!

To allow this to even have to go to courts is ABSURD! This only allows for the desensitising of the people.
They broke a serious US civilian law that violated her every being as a human who has her rights under the Constitution. The rest of the video is for the courts to decide as to what all happened. The reason this can not continue is because if they get away with this, next will be your daughter who wondered off course on her way home from school. Are you sure you want to take the chance for this possibility to happen? oh yeah it already happened. but who cares right? They were from another Nation?

Wake Up!

I always wanted to have children, but I'm glad I don't have any. One less child out of millions I have to worry about in this mad, sick demented world.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

I also remember another video where an older woman waited to ask the president a question and a press conference I think or something close to that effect. but she raised her hand to ask a question and she waited for him to pick her to ask the next question. When she picked she then began to ask a question relating to 911 she was swiftly remove by force by 2 guards. When they dragged her out the president made a comment something likeThere is a CT in every crowd. Then they all laughed and chuckled. What they were really laughing at was there freedom of speech being taken away from them right before there vary eyes and they didn't see it cause they were all asleep.

Sweet Dreams Sheeples.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And where did it say that the video wasn't edited? I didn't see that in the article.

Where do you guys see this magical editing that makes this video worse than it is. Why don't you guys take the video footage and edit it so that it looks good for the officers. It is all over the TV here and you will get to see a lot of it in the days to come.

The question still stands why doesn't the Sheriffs office release the whole video from start to finish? Why do you guys think that might be? What do you think the odds are that the whole copy will disappear?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I should have posted last night when I saw this. I don't have the time at the moment to read throught the whole thread, but I have a story to tell here.

Up until about seven months ago I wore a shield to work everyday.

In October, the local P.D. came to my neighborhood to investigate a broken window. I was standing on my front porch when two officers stopped to talk to me. They threatened to arrest me because I had a rum and coke in my hand. So I made a wise crack along the lines of not being afraid of being arrested by their rinky-tink little department. I was insantly slammed face-down on the porch, stomped and kicked in the head by the larger officer, while the little guy hit me with the stun gun more than ten times. Despite several neighbors witnessing the event, I was charged with resisting arrest. One witness actually told me days later that she was amazed that I could actually lay there so still while being beaten and shocked. As concerned citizens, and people I don't even really know, several neighbors tried to lodge formal complaints to no avail.

If anyone thinks these occurences are rare, you are ignorant of the truth. If you think that this will never happen to you, start counting the days.

The police can do anything they want and no one can stop them.

The woman was a domestic "terrorist". The current administration will now introduce and congress will pass immunity for such behavior. -----------PC

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Where do you guys see this magical editing that makes this video worse than it is.

Its really not rocket science here. You take clips edit out the stuff that does not fit the point you are trying to make. In between you cut to the tabloid reporter and then go back to the other clip. Im curious because there is no not time /date stamp. Every police video I have ever seen has them.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is a follow up to the original video. This is basically part 2 of that video.

www.wkyc.com...

Just more tabloid journalism though.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
The main point here is "2 men forcibly striping a woman with out her consent", None of us can deny this. If you seen the video then you saw what I saw and what I saw(clearly) were 2 male officers striping a woman naked.

Did you actaulyl watch the video? If you had you would note the presence of 2 female officers in the opening clip. And even the tabliot style narration says female" officers participated.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Did you actaulyl watch the video? If you had you would note the presence of 2 female officers in the opening clip. And even the tabliot style narration says female" officers participated.

What does that have to do with anything? I don't care if there were a hundred other woment there. Those male officers should not have been there at all, much less pulling her clothes off.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Interesting how the camera was off in the cruiser until after the arrest.

I can tell you from personal experience that the camera in my squad never stopped rolling unless I had something I did not want documented. At least I was smart enough to say the camera was broken though.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The whole problem with this thing is that those deputies do not even realize what they were doing was wrong, and are so desensitised they cannot comprehend the damage they have done to this woman.

And furthermore, there are people here who are not sure if what they saw was wrong or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

The Cameras in the patrol cars in this state only activate when..

1. Emergency lights are activated
or
2. A prisoner is seated in the vehicle

Again,

Just information.

Semper

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks for the info.

He didn't have any markers on responding to a domestic? Possible I suppose, not very smart though. Especially since he was involved in an altercation. Should have had something to alert his position to follow-up units. Maybe not the full rack. But again, specualtive.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I saw this video earlier and was shocked. Being from this area, I have shown it to a couple of friends and they had the same reaction.

One thing I did learn from a friend is that when arrested, they do make you take off your clothes and you have to wear coveralls and are usually orange. (No it wasn't me, it really was a friend that told me this.) This women should have been given clothes to wear after she was was undressed, even if it was against her will. Something is very wrong in this case. Why she was under arrest needs to be explained.

I don't understand what happened, but it reminds me of a previous incident of a women who was hysterical in an airport and treated badly. Even if she was hysterical, she should have been handled with more professionalism than this.

I have been watching the local news and didn't see this come up.

I do wonder why this video was released now when the incident occurred last fall. I think we need more information.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Perhaps not but if the safety of the two female officers was in doubt they have to have backup right? It is not unreasonable to expect that the officers safety is minded as well? Ive seen seen 10 year olds in the hospital need 5-6 nurses to restrain them during procedures. One agitated female may be a bit much to expect 2 female deputies to handle. Heck It may be too much for 4 for that matter and its unlikely this station had that many female officers avalible.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join