It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think a lot of times videos like these can show a story that puts the police in a bad light...other times they just tell the story of what really happened...that being said, I am not trying to defend to police in their actions here. It is just a simple statement that we all know can be true...2 sides to every coin.

I myself have been on the recieving end of the their wrath...

My wife and I were relaxing one night and our neighbors that lived above us were fighting again and we heard something crash to the floor and the kids started sreaming...I told my wife to call 911 and tell them that our neighbor was assualting his wife...I run upstairs and beat on the door and got no answer but could hear the struggle...well I kicked in the door and found him sitting on top of her beating her head into the floor. Now, I really hated this guy because he was a woman beating bastard...I threw this guy a beating that I doubt he ever had or will have. I drug him down the stairs and threw him on the sidewalk as the police pulled up...Yep I was bloody and at my feet was an unresponsive pile of crap. I was accosted by the police as I tried to explain that there was an unconcious woman upstairs in a pool of blood along with 3 little girls. I was slammed against the wall and he started cuffing me when my wife came out and tried to explain what was happening and he shoved my wife and told her to go back inside...WOW I remember elbowing him in the mouth and I turned and hit him again and I looked up and the next thing I remember was waking up in a holdin cell. I got the living hell beat outta me by the 3 other officers...All for trying to help someone...was it my fault...yea partially...I shouldnt have hit the officer but he shouldnt have shoved my wife that was 8 &1/2 months pregnate. All charges were later dropped due to by Battalion CSM. He bailed me outta jail himself and when he did I thought I was a dead man. As it turned out they said I probally saved the womans life that night...though I suffered a several cuts bruises and a concussion from the beating I got from the cops.
I no longer all the police anymore

The stripping of the woman was completely uncalled for. It was done to humiliate her and only that...want to demoralize someone...take their clothes away

BAD BAD BAD...that is all that can come of this...if it hits the national news...it may very well turn into something like the rodney king incident and cause some changes to take place...who know though

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

I fail to see what it was that i posted that warrented its removal but ohh well.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by SpaceBits]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits

Originally posted by Cynic
By the way I'm 38 not 8 thx anyways.

OK Spacey, I don't withdraw my apology, but you sure have the attitude of a 8 year old.

LOL whatever m8, i just pointed out the facts...
But your comment clearly show your sore about being proven wrong to begin with since you continue to attack my person rather than getting mad at the outrage of this forum's topic.

Ohh and Please show where I acted like an 8 year old. Please.

As to acting like a 8 year old, if the shoe fits son, wear it.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Cynic]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

You know those head doctors... lol sorry the name eludes me today for some reason. you know the doctor that says you got mentall issues and need to take meds and hell sometimes they lock you up in a nice padded cell with a matching jacket for your protection and theres...

by the way the video has been made and is part of the topic so i fail to see your ideas about this video bieng off topic.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
reply to post by zerotime

You know those head doctors... lol sorry the name eludes me today for some reason. you know the doctor that says you got mentall issues and need to take meds and hell sometimes they lock you up in a nice padded cell with a matching jacket for your protection and theres...

Psychiatrist is the word you are looking for.

Prithee, how does Canadian politics, and the Queen of England factor into the strip search of a young woman?

Just curious, because that's why I got cheesed off sir.

Mod Edit Added [/ quote]

[edit on 2/2/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Listen UP

This personal sniping ceases immediately!

I understand that the thread topic is a highly emotional one but the discussion is to be civil.

Personal attacks are not tolerated.

Please get back on topic:

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

Reacting and Not Reading

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Thank you

JacKatMtn
ATS Member & Forum Moderator

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sorry guys, working tonight so I'm in and out.

Do I agree with the videotaping? Yes, for the protection of the one in custody as well as for further investigation. Does abuse happen? Of course it does. We have a CO that earned the name of "Mad Dog" for his predilection for violence.
The point I was making is that there is not enough to go on in that video, I hope there is more so that this can be cleaned up one way or another.

Another thing, why are people getting so bent out of shape about what's going on here? To someone you don't know and will never meet? And no, it isn't your mother, daughter, sister, your great Aunt Dotty. You know the one with the mole on her cheek and you just hated it when she came over because you had to kiss her. Do you come here to find something to get pissed about so you can vent your anger? It's very unbecoming.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Seems I can be attacked on here by being called an 8 year old child, but when I ask the attacker to show me where I acted like an 8 year old. I then get my post deleted by a MOD?

Hell I just wanted to appalagize if I did act childish, but i cant seem to find the post I acted as a child in. I dont think I did, maybe the MOD thinks I did as well and this is why my post was deleted?

Because I surely did not say anything wrong!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

And that member was warned. Your point?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And that member was warned. Your point?

I asked him to "please" show me where I acted as a child since he did accuse me of it. So why would "my" post need to be deleted? I did not attack him, or anyone for that matter.

I did ask and I said please. Or is Please a bad word here?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No but "off topic" are two bad words here. File a Complaint or u2u the mod that deleted your post please.

Can we get back to the discussion?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is a complex and highly charged emotional issue, and will not likley be solved anytime soon.

Since we aren't privy to the details of the entire incident from start to finish, it is truly impossible to make objective or intelligent comments on th validity of the woman's complaints.

That said, it is more than obvious that she was subjected to a ruthless and uncalled for assault on her person by male police officers. It will be very interesting to see the outcome of her suit.

Personally, I hope she nails them for all they are worth, and the officers get the full measure of punishment that is due them.

Disgraceful.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yeah, I did read something about that to do with the oil in Iraq and stuff as well, like Bush is doing the Queen's dirty work for her, or whoever happens to be calling the shots in this scheme of things.
I stand corrected.
Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Sorry guys, working tonight so I'm in and out.

Another thing, why are people getting so bent out of shape about what's going on here? To someone you don't know and will never meet? And no, it isn't your mother, daughter, sister, your great Aunt Dotty. You know the one with the mole on her cheek and you just hated it when she came over because you had to kiss her. Do you come here to find something to get pissed about so you can vent your anger? It's very unbecoming.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"
Dr Martin Luther King

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
All of this arguing back and forth here is exactly why the police get away with doing whatever they want and no one can stop them. I don't care what the circumstances are, what happened to this woman is absolutley horrible and is not an isolated case. It's just that most people never hear about it because it happens to some black girl in Brooklyn, or to some white boy that got arrested once when he was in high school.

I'm sick with rage!

Where does it end?!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
the girl's husband said:

I don't think murderers are treated like this

untrue. in prison, this is common upon new incomers when going through processing. I've seen some very nasty and inhumane stuff done to prisoners before. It's not funny, it's not fair, but it's also not going to stop anytime soon.

The fact they are treating normal civilians like this though, that's even scarier than I imagined.

I agree, but add this.
Those that condone or allow this to happen, knowingly, to prisoners, albeit military or other, are the reason these things happen.
It is not therefore suprising, that it eventually happens to, quoting now, a "normal" citizen.
If you turn your head, when someone's rights are abridged, who will come to your aid when it is your turn. The answer is, no one.
Power, given to those who will abuse it, is abject stupidity.
The citizenry, that will tommorrow be glued to the tv watching the superbowl, are oblivious to their responsibilites.
That, is the ultimate problem.
And it is already too late.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by weatherguru]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Intripid-
I usually don't try to t off the mods, but I think what you said was alittle off base.
I was shaking by the time I ended that video. I don't think that that woman was an angel. Alchohol played a part I'm sure. But this woman was calling the police as a victim. I myself have been harrassed by the police, and I gave it right back to them. I whipped out my video phone, asked the cop if he had a warrant to search my trunk, and then waited for 5 hours for the deputy to decide I wasn't an Idiot.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate cops and what they do, HOWEVER, I think that there comes a point when common sense should dictate when certain force is neccasary. I know this.

IF..... I had this happen to my wife, I would not rest until those two male officers, and the sheriff in charge, were all beaten with in an inch of their life. Or had to watch THEIR wives go through the same treatment. I WOULD NOT REST until those males, (wearing latex gloves like my wife, who is obviously hysterical, is some sort of crack whore) would understand that they can not immasculate me. America has not fallen that far, or at least I hope.

You, Intripid, asked why we care? Because if we don't stand up for eachother, who would? I think that your lack of compassion speaks volumes about you and those you love. Go ahead and erase this if you want, I have a good track record on this site.

There is nothing wrong with police, only police who have no one to answer to are dangerous. And MOds who feel this site is their place to be like those same police. (you were'nt there, blah blah blah.... 125 lbs. woman, not on meth. WHATEVER)

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Another thing, why are people getting so bent out of shape about what's going on here? To someone you don't know and will never meet? And no, it isn't your mother, daughter, sister, your great Aunt Dotty.

Nope. It's just another fellow American citizen. Completely innocent and completely abused by the state.

As I said earlier in this thread, there is an obvious sentiment backing our conviction that this is the wrong thing. It's fascist behavior.

Stripping people naked for calling the police after being assaulted themself, is fascist behavior.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
think thats bad. the rogue us military brain control satellites are lynching the usa. i am a prisoner of them. study how much a person blinks, thats a good tip.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have worked in law enforcement for over ten years. Ninety-nine percent of the time I will take the officer's side. This happens to be the one-percent category. These officer's were extremely wrong! You never have male officers present when you conduct a strip-search and you have to have reasonable cause to even conduct a strip-search. Someone handing over a dead sister's license is not reasonable cause. To be honest, I am sickened by these officer's and what they did to that woman.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join