It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video emerges of woman 911 caller forcefully strip searched in police custody

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I don't know what makes me more sick at this point. What happened to this woman, or the fact that so many people are prepared to "reserve judgement" until all the facts are out.

Your right lets rush out and just make assumptions without ALL the facts. Lets just accept this explanation by her lawyer (We can trust him right!). heck if its on tape IT must tell the whole story. :shk: Your willing to blindly accept the conclutions of HER lawyer without asking a few questions?

This is well beyond denying ignorance here people. We're arguing wether or not blue is actually blue.

The only ignorance being displayed here is the seeming willingness of some to stampeede with the rest of the over-reacting, mob like herd.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

I don't know what makes me more sick at this point. What happened to this woman, or the fact that so many people are prepared to "reserve judgement" until all the facts are out.

Your right lets rush out and just make assumptions without ALL the facts. Lets just accept this explanation by her lawyer (We can trust him right!). heck if its on tape IT must tell the whole story. :shk: Your willing to blindly accept the conclutions of HER lawyer without asking a few questions?

Okay buddy, here's a question: Is it not illegal for men to have strip searched her, no matter what she did? Yes, it is illegal, as they say so in the video.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

Okay buddy, here's a question: Is it not illegal for men to have strip searched her, no matter what she did? Yes, it is illegal, as they say so in the video.

which makes me wonder: why did they film it and relaease it if they knew it was illegal? That's one heckuva good way to stir up the populace. Show some defenseless, naked woman pleading for an answer while having her clothing forcibly removed and body cavity searched, with men in attendance, on video and then releasing it to the public.

Things that make you go... "Hmmmm."

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I glad people are upset over this tape. This was a human being. You do not have to know someone personally to feel for them. To see someone treated like this and not have any emotion would mean that we have all finally become robots.

The new channel that aired these reports are not tabloid journalists. These local new organizations are very good and rally around police officers all of the time, but when something like this comes out it is very hard to say the police were in the right.

She was taken into the Sheriff’s office after providing the ID for her dead sister, which she keeps as a memento. Even after the explanation the police still took her in and there was no resisting at the time. The only resistance seems to come from the cell where big men were stripping down a woman in violation of the counties own code of police conduct.

The community itself is tired of the corruption inside the Canton area police department. As I have posted just within the last year Canton police have been convicted of murder and conspiracy. There have been dozens of horrible reports revolving around the police - teen girls being stripped - teens beat but police will not release video - police officers breaking into homes and raping women. And Canton Ohio is not that large of a city.

Now, from what is being reported in the local news there is much more of the video that police are keeping from the public at this time and things do not look good for this Sheriff’s Office.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So is the assumption that all police departments are bad?
Is that even logical? I realize this is anti-establishment forum but
erm, there's such a thing as common sense, yes?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

And again you are basing that on what the lawyer and her supporters are saying. You or I have no idea about how she behaved or acted after that or what she did do we?

No, I am basing what I say on what I have seen. Maybe you think it is okay for the cops to rape women because they "deserved" it, but I do not. And this is exactly what they did to this woman.

If they confiscated a fake ID? You would get that out of controll? Again you are basing your highly emotional anlysis on a video clip and a tabliod bit by some local news station that is trying to stir up some ratings and a lawyer who has financial reason to do so.

First off, I would certainly have something to say if they confiscated my dead siblings old license. But I would be out of control if I was being strip-searched for it, you bet. More out of control than she was you can belive that.

Yeah your right, go ahead and base your conclutions on one video clip, the tabliod style report from the local station, and the typical lawyer speak. Go ahead and try, convict and sentance without all of the evidence

So if you saw this happening to this woman, you would have just sttod there and let it happen I suppose.

Wow you must be really upset . But hey turn that frown upside down

Nice bait supermod.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

Its pretty clear that she is so out of control that its unsafe for the 2 female officers to handle her safely. She is pretty out of controll there eh? The video shows female officers present. Nice bit of editing of the film clip to minimize thier presence in the film. Thier ambulance chasing lawyer works quick.

If she is out of control like that I fail to see why the female officers should not have help. Why should they have to put themselves at risk of injury cause this woman is out of control.

Its pretty clear that the video clip is NOT showing the whole story.

Is she right? Don't know. Did the Sherrifs office get out of control? I don't know. Was she out of control? Sure seems like it to me but I was not there.

The bottom line is nowonw in this thread really has the whole picture. So how can any of you be so sure?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I don't need the whole story. If I see someone getting raped by someone, cop or not, they're gettin' their junk pushed in.

The only ignorance being displayed here is the seeming willingness of some to stampeede with the rest of the over-reacting, mob like herd.

I am usually one that does not jump to conclusions and I love to play the devil's advocate arguing both sides of a story, but this is not the one.

You dare to say anyone here is overreacting?! How about those cops?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Let me tell you something. There was an officer in a local department here who was literally violently raping women during traffic stops for years. He got away with it several times because people who saw the women fighting the cop decided to "reserve judgement." They automatically gave the cop the benefit of the doubt and assumed these women must have done something wrong for this cop to mace them and handcuff them to get them into his squad car to rape them.

Did you recognize any of the male officers on the tape? Was one of them the one you mentioned here? If not I fail to see your point.

Some people here are all up in arms about "guilty until proven innocent" but are more than willing to do the same in the case of the cops(without knowing the facts). Double standard? Youbetcha.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

WHO WAS RAPED? As I recall it was her husband that said that, "rape without penetration". It's going to make for a helluva good case if it becomes a civil suit.

There's Devil's Advocate for you.

I'm just waiting for the facts to become clear. We've heard that this incident took place over what? 8-9 hours and some are willing to string these guys up on what they saw in 2.5 minutes?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

Mod edit: to fix tag

[edit on 2008/2/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

No, I am basing what I say on what I have seen. Maybe you think it is okay for the cops to rape women because they "deserved" it, but I do not. And this is exactly what they did to this woman.

Again you are basing your stance on a tabliod style broadcast that was edited to produce EXACTLY the reaction I am seeing in you. Nothing like getting all the facts till you overeact eh?

First off, I would certainly have something to say if they confiscated my dead siblings old license.

Sound like she did get in her say eh?

But I would be out of control if I was being strip-searched for it, you bet. More out of control than she was you can belive that.

Again because of the tabloid nature of the clip and the selective editing designed to elicit this exact emotional responce in people. You really have nary a clue (nor do I) about how she behaved prior to the tape her lawyers and the tabliodesq reporter released eh? Maybe she was out of controll maybe she was not? Neither of us know eh?

So if you saw this happening to this woman, you would have just sttod there and let it happen I suppose.

Nothing like putting up a strawman eh?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No, obviously they were not the same cops. I was just trying to illustrate a point. That point being that you can't always wait around for something to be dealt with in commitee. It is time for action. Time and time again cops get away with stuff like this and are never held accountable because they represent the very system that perpetutes these crimes against humanity.

And it seems to me these cops certainly had her pegged guilty before she was even charged with anything. And even now, there are no charges that would warrant this type of abuse.

Look, I'm not saying we should just move right to the execution. Obviously none of us here are going to be sitting on any jury realted to this case. So with that being said I hope these cops are afforded a fair and just trial before they are castrated and executed.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

What they did to that woman will traumatize her for the rest of her life. "Raped without penetration" seems pretty fitting to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Again you are basing your stance on a tabliod style broadcast that was edited to produce EXACTLY the reaction I am seeing in you. Nothing like getting all the facts till you overeact eh?

What you are saying is 100% false. Where are you getting the information that the video was edited by the News Organization? This video comes straight from the Sheriff’s office. The only editing was done by the Sheriff's office. If what we are seeing are the parts that make the officers look ‘good’ then we can only imagine what was not released. One has to ask why won't they release the full video if they have more? I mean, it would only clear up this awful mess right?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Before anyone gets all up in arms because I am posting here, let me just say that I am merely pointing out a repeated discrepancy.

I do not believe she was being "Strip Searched."

I have done strip searches and that is not what they were doing.

It is the policy of the jails in my state, and every state I have worked in, to remove all personal clothing from inmates at the time they are processed in.

This is done for their safety and the safety of everyone involved.

If they thought she was in fact suicidal, they absolutely must remove all articles that she could use to harm herself. I have personally seen a man hang himself with his tee shirt.

Now just clearing that up.

Semper

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
What you are saying is 100% false. Where are you getting the information that the video was edited by the News Organization? This video comes straight from the Sheriff’s office. The only editing was done by the Sheriff's office.

And what are you basing this on?

One has to ask why won't they release the full video if they have more? I mean, it would only clear up this awful mess right?

I'm looking forward to that.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I don't need the whole story. If I see someone getting raped by someone, cop or not, they're gettin' their junk pushed in.

Where did she get raped?

You dare to say anyone here is overreacting?! How about those cops?

Who is to say what she was like prior to this edited clip we saw? Was she hostile and making threats? Did she seem like she was at risk of harming herself? I don't know, YOU don't know.

Its almost funny, I have seen many in this thread go to great lengths to dedunk UFO's, 911, etc. yet you are willing to blindly march foreward and accept a clearly edited video clip provided by a tabliod style report from some small affiliate looking for ratings and a lawyer who is only rally looking and the potential $$$$$ he stands to make.

The bottom line is noone knows the whole story.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The facts are clear. Male police officers, albeit in the presence of female officers, ripped the clothes off a woman. Unforgiveable and disgusting.

Sound like she did get in her say eh?

Oh yeah, she certainly should have kept her mouth shut and known better than to protest when her rights were being violated.

Again because of the tabloid nature of the clip and the selective editing designed to elicit this exact emotional responce in people. You really have nary a clue (nor do I) about how she behaved prior to the tape her lawyers and the tabliodesq reporter released eh? Maybe she was out of controll maybe she was not? Neither of us know eh?

Whatever happened before is irrelevant. If she was so far out of control and a danger to herself she should have been taken to a psychiatric ward, not jail.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join