It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS the Moon Split in HALF?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Reply to _Phoenix_

The majority of the Muslims are Sunnis. The link you have given are called the submitters. They got their own version of Islam. They also believe their prophet was called rashad khalifa who got Assassinated later.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don’t think the main Islamic body accepts them as Muslims.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by kangjia57]

AH man now Im really confused, what does this mean then? Im learning new things here.

3 81
GOD took a covenant from the prophets, saying, "I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger will come to confirm all existing scriptures. You shall believe in him and support him." He said, "Do you agree with this, and pledge to fulfill this covenant?" They said, "We agree." He said, "You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you."

By the way its says in the quran that there is a difference between prophet and messenger, it says mohammed is the last PROPHET, doesnt all this make more sense than the hadiths?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I believe the alternative theory you are referring to is explained by Plasma Cosmology models. As soon as I saw the picture by the OP, Plasma Discharge Scarring came to mind.

www.thunderbolts.info...

www.thunderbolts.info...

Engineer Ralph Juergens, who investigated a new approach to sinuous rilles, suggested in 1974 that they are the effects of “electrical discharge”. Juergens’ work, in turn, helped to inspire the lifelong explorations of today’s leading electrical theorist, Wallace Thornhill, who has taken the investigation into new areas of research opened up by more recent explorations of our planetary neighbors.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The thought that these rilles are caused by some alleged "lava tubes" seems far fetched. When compared to the same structures here on earth, we see that the similairities between these structures are lacking. Can anyone explain how flowing lava can make 90 degree turns without affecting the bends in the river? And how exactly does fluid travel uphill?

-Dev

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Reply to _Phoenix_

Your question to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to performing and not performing miracles is answered in detail here.

Just put that in your search bar:islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543470

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Reply to _Phoenix_

Your question to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to performing and not performing miracles is answered in detail here.

www.islamonline.net.../FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543470

Not one miracle comes from the quran, odd dont you think??
Makes me think a lot, there is definetly something not right, when I read the quran it feels clean, but when I read this stuff, something dont feel right.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The hour drew near and the moon was split.

Even though moon appears smooth and beautiful to the naked eye telescopic photographs tell us its surface is in fact rugged and full of meteoric and volcanic craters of all sizes. The American Apollo mission of 1967 obtained a couple of remarkable photographs of the hidden side of the moon. They show a strange feature, a 240 km long cleavage 8 km wide. The edges appear to be result of striking with a huge weapon rather than a crack of geological origin. To this day no explanation has been offered. An article appeared in Islamic Voice a decade ago along with the photographs suggesting that the feature is the remnant of splitting of the moon by Prophet (Pbuh).

Source:www.islamicvoice.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Plese stop now!!! This is just plain ridiculous...
Religion has no place in the modern world, except in the minds of brain washed fools(Americans+muslims).
Using common sense and logic you'd understand "magic" just doesn't exist

If you believe in technology, then you do believe in magic. Magic as with technology is the focusing of one's will and knowledge, utilizing the proper tools, and energy to produce the desired result. Using COMMON SENSE and LOGIC, one can come to better understand what technology is as well as magic.

Also, your statement implies that every documented story from the history of humanity that speaks of the magical or spiritual are foolish lies, and what society is now has always been the logical solution.

It does not take logic or common sense to call people 'brain washed fools', and it really speaks of a closed mind who really just wants to live a life of ignorance and hatred. Singling out Americans and Muslims is BIGOTRY, and certainly I have my issues with organized religions, but that does not change the fact that many within these organizations are peaceful, loving people who are just trying to understand their existence, and religion along with science are just a few ways to look at the world and even magic has its place as well.

I do not deny ignorance, I seek to remove it, but with that comes the responsibility to understand that not everyone wants that, so you can keep it as long as you like. However, it will never make you a better person, and I am almost certain that you don't understand what I am writing anyways. Oh well. Such is life.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I just read this, and thought how great they were at explaining how terrorists are not islamic, and have nothing to do with the quran, it even shows a verse that almost describes terrorists and how wrong they are

[Quran 7:28] They commit a gross sin, then say, "We found our parents doing this, and GOD has commanded us to do it." Say, "GOD never advocates sin. Are you saying about GOD what you do not know?"

[Quran 5:87] ... and do not aggress; GOD dislikes the aggressors.

[Quran: 7:199] ......You shall resort to pardon, advocate tolerance, and disregard the ignorant.

[Quran 60:8]"GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable."

Go here to read about it, its a really great read for those who are confused about the quran and terrorism, terrorists are truly brainwashed.

www.submission.org...

Im sure if you were to look in the hadiths etc you would find many things the opposite.

Dont you see how obvious that how the Quran is nothing like the hadiths. The Quran is the real book.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well my feedback on this is that it has NOTHING to do with religion, lookup Neil Adams (youtube) he talks about how "earth is growing" in size with very valuable proof/fact on this (earth used to be 1/4 of it's size 200 million yrs. ago). So if earth is in fact growing in size it proves few things... one.. earth is a living entity (such as plant, insects, etc...) which is what Gia Theory is based on and so if earth is a living thing and growing in size, so must many other planets/stars. Everything in our universe is a living entity. Perhaps moon is growing in size as well! not splitting, those lines could simply be stretch marks, in fact you can see that clearly on own earth!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Speaking of magic and miracles, what's the difference? If Jesus turns water to wine it's a miracle, but if a wizard does it, it's magic? If the prophet cracked the moon open, then it is magic, but if Jesus walks on water it's a miracle?

I firmly believe that many terms have sprung up to explain this, but miracle, magic, or technology is just a term for manipulating reality, although technology tends to focus more on the device to get the job done, with magic and miracles (where I see no difference between them) aiming for a more direct effect.

People tend to get so caught up in the terms and how to explain something that they miss the deeper point. The moon supposedly cracked open! What you call it really isn't the issue here. A guy supposedly could raise people from the dead, many call that necromancy (magical resurrection), others a miracle.

I don't care about the name game. It is the result and how you look at the story that counts. Even talking about whether or not the prophet used miracles is unnecessary from my perspective, because he did stuff. Something happened according to Muslims, and if you believe that, great! If you don't then great! It is the deeper analysis of the stories and of scientific evidence for comparison that counts, not the name you slap on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Reply to _Phoenix_

They are not even Muslims.

www.islamawareness.net...

Anyone who tries to change the Quran or believes its wrong is not a Muslim.

They also believe Muhammad (peace be upon him) was not the last messenger.

Totally different beliefs to Islam.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

I've got a more mundane explanation for Earth growing in size.

Accretion

40 tonnes of space dust fall to the Earth, daily.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Reply to _Phoenix_

They are not even Muslims.

www.islamawareness.net...

Anyone who tries to change the Quran or believes its wrong is not a Muslim.

They also believe Muhammad (peace be upon him) was not the last messenger.

Totally different beliefs to Islam.

Actually your very wrong, they are not changing the quran, they are only showing you the truth from the quran, the hadiths are changing the truth! lol think about it.

Yes muhammad was the last Prophet, but what about messenger, it means different things. This is proof right in our holy book, why do you deny what you belive are god words?
Surah 3 81
"GOD took a covenant from the prophets, saying, "I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger will come to confirm all existing scriptures. You shall believe in him and support him." He said, "Do you agree with this, and pledge to fulfill this covenant?" They said, "We agree." He said, "You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you."

Doesnt this mean that for generations people have just followed their culture, followed their fathers, just because of tradition, the hadiths are obvious disinformation, the truth is the quran, it even says in the quran, that its complete, its the whole truth, why would you follow the words of man instead of god?

We need to open our minds, and forget about culture etc, and actually study the Quran correctly, the proof is there.

Just because man tells you they are not muslim, does that mean you should not study and see the truth yourself? These people have based their entire lifes on these hadiths and so have their fathers, they love it because it gives them control over the people.

Did you know there are many bad things in the hadiths that do not show us the same loving god that is in the quran, the hadiths allow stoning to death!! that is evil!

Nowhere in the quran does it allow this. Do you really want to follow such evil things?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The SUN from GOD does make wine! and walks on water,... watch the sunset or sunrise sometims!,.... Google "Pharmacratic 2007" more than FIFTEEN men were born on Dec. 25th of a virgin, 12 disciples, crucified, and raised again, only to ascend back to heaven. Sun worship or son worship? The 3 stars of Orions belt line up with Sirius on the the 24h evening and point to where the SUN will be born on the horizon (horus has risen, is where the word horizon comes from), just before sunrise, virgo the virgin rises just above the sun, giving birth to the new DAY!!!! on DEC 25th...
It ALL started with in SUMERIA!!! THE ANNUNAKI!!
The SUN sent from GOD, or the SON sent from GOD....

SUN WORSHIPING!!!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by KanehBosm]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by KanehBosm]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
no... just no!

A small crack proves that a random man from the dark ages split the moon by pointing at it?

Oh its at times like this that i find myself more in step with atheists than believers.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm not quit sure about the moon being split in half but one thing i know for sure is that it is HOLLOW if some ones interested i can get more information on it

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritz Lang

I'm interested in reading that. Never heard that one before. Post the link, man.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Lol, I think maybe he missed our moon and hit Iapetus

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The prophecy about the moon splitting in two in the end days is interesting. Makes me think of a big comet or asteroid smashing into it, possibly pushing it into the earth and causing mass extinction.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
reply to post by freighttrain

I've got a more mundane explanation for Earth growing in size.

Accretion

40 tonnes of space dust fall to the Earth, daily.

The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. That works out to about 65,700 billion tonnes of space dust
That never occurred to me. Thanks.

Very interesting thread. I'm not buying the moon splitting but interesting any way.

I see there is as much division in Muslim beliefs as there are in Christian beliefs. People are the same the world over; go figure

Having said that; this is an odd forum to have a religious discussion/debate in? Glad to see its peaceful.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The moon shows signs of battle scars from the war between the three worlds. 1 world was blown up (asteroid belt), 1 world lost its atmosphere (Mars), and the other world was so badly destroyed that the survivors forgot who they were (Earth).

The moon actually carried survivors from the worlds and colonies to Earth, the only habitable planet left.

So there you have it. The moon was the Ark. It is actually a space vessel. That's why it rings like a bell.

Glad to help.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join