It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS the Moon Split in HALF?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
hmmn i dont know why they would do that... but one thing i do know is .. you should ask them why. Most of the time we talk ourselves into believing that people react a certain way for the wrong reasons. Is better to ask them and clarify any misunderstandings. I dont believe that people can be so nice to you an then just not care.. thats would be inhuman. I am sure there is more to it. And i say this because i had a few really good friends that i made when i visited Pakistan back in 1996, and when i got back to the States, i called them maybe once or twice, and then my schedule got hectic and before I knew it, i was out of touch for over a year. Its easy to be like, "out of sight out of mind", but i am sure they think about you alot and miss you, but just havent told you. I dont want to speculate since I know you would feel alot better if you just spoke to them. You might be surprised how much they miss you lol. I can be a bad friend sometimes.. as far as keeping in touch too, but i think about my friends ALL the time even if i dont call them. So i am hoping they have the same mindset.

And with most people.. if u call them and tell them how u feel, they will make sure they dont do that to you again.. and i know most muslims are very emotional people, so they will try their best.

If for any reason you try and they dont communicate, well then you did what you could and just thank God there are tons of other people in the world to be friends with.. and more Egyptians than the ones you met as well...

I have made friends from all religions and even non religious... my best friend in undergrad was Agnostic... and my roommates were Jewish, and all my neighbors were a mix of Christian and Muslim.. and we had some crazzyy parties together... so I think if you have good people around you, then it doesnt matter what religion they are.

The ONLY reason I ask anyone what their religion is, is so that I can treat them with MORE respect. I try to learn their holidays and give them the respect they deserve as human beings. And i think if people did that, people would have mor fulfilled lives and be happier with their neighbors.

Also dont be disheartened by what a few people do, they dont represent the majority by any means. Also you might find that their reason for not communicating were totally different than what you thought. There are other muslims who dont want to talk to me because I am from the northern part of a country and they are from the south... looolz.. but oh well, people have strange reasons... and its unfortunate and its un-Islamic to be that way at the same time. (its un-every Religion to be that way actually).

One of my good friends is Egyptian... we hung out for 4 years and now he calls me once a year lolz and we're both muslim... but when we meet up, even after 2 years.. its like we never left each other.... so i am going to guess that your friendship with those in Egypt is lifelong... so dont despair

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57

The splitting of the moon was demonstrated before a certain gathering who contradicted the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings, in his cause as an evidence of his Prophethood. It happened momentarily at a time of night. Also, there were obstacles which prevented the others from seeing it, such as mist, clouds and time-differences between different parts of the world. Besides, at that time science and civilization were not yet well advanced and not widespread, and, therefore, the observation of the sky was very limited. Last but not least, there was nothing to necessitate that it should have been seen all over the world. It is because of these reasons that the splitting of the moon was not witnessed in the whole world and related in the history books of other nations.

Observation of the sky was not limited, most civilizations had astronomers or their priestly class were astronomers.The Mayans had one of if not the most accurate calendars.They accurately predicted eclipses so the moon being split in half would have been noticed.Mayans were not in the minority for observance of celestial occurances. The fact (and it is a fact) that this was not noteworthy to any other culture, and is not reported outside of Islam makes it highly suspect.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

The moon shows signs of battle scars from the war between the three worlds. 1 world was blown up (asteroid belt), 1 world lost its atmosphere (Mars), and the other world was so badly destroyed that the survivors forgot who they were (Earth).

The moon actually carried survivors from the worlds and colonies to Earth, the only habitable planet left.

So there you have it. The moon was the Ark. It is actually a space vessel. That's why it rings like a bell.

Glad to help.

Where did you find this from the lost testament of L.Ron Hubbard?

All jokes aside I would like to read more on what you posted.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZyonCryme

2. Muslims DO NOT hate JEWS or Christians or ANYONE... please lets discuss this because you will fall on your face if you try to say we do. bring it on please!

What happened to all the intelligent people?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by ZyonCryme]

Thats pretty ironic coming from someone whose name is "zion crime", please lets hear your real thoughts on Judaism.Let me guess the evil zionist Jewish cabal controls the world.

As for intelligence, I have genius level IQ, thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wow I am amazed!! I never thought there was mention about the Space in the Quran.

I am a Christian and we don’t have prophecies like this and no sign of proper miracles taking place. If NASA does manage to confirm that the Moon has a belt that goes around it and in past the Moon has been cracked and joined back. Than that does prove a lot to me that this miracle did take place.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyonCryme

Thanks Zyon your the first muslim who had the patience and understanding to explain this to me. Heh ahem unlike someone I know of on here but I won't mention any names.

:shk:

But I will try to contact them again.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Leyla- youre welcome

Masonica- Zionism is to Judaism as Terrorism is to Islam. I dont belived that Zionists represent the Jewish Religion at all... I believe they are a cult who give Judaism a bad name with their terrorist activities and extremism. So yes, I have alot of respect for the Jewish religion, and my IQ is high enough to know the difference between terrorists and Judaism. Even Jewish Israeli citizens cannot stand the Zionist Regime.

Also I didnt know what Zionists even were until my neighbors told me... so this was not my originating opinion, this is the opinion of the jewish community here, as they are the ones who explained it to me. And I know the Jewish people are very intelligent, and from what they told me, the Zionist regime (as they call it) is a plague to the Jewish religion.... not my words, it was their own

[edit on 1-2-2008 by ZyonCryme]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Let's not forget it was a long-held belief that the world was flat. It wasn't that long ago either..

Also, not to be religiously insensitive to any one person or anything, but how can you honestly site religious text in any way shape or form and claim it as scientific proof?

These are all spacecraft that have either photographed the far side or have contained humans that have seen it with their own eyes:

Luna 3
Luna 4
Lunar Orbiter 4
Zond 3
Mariner 10
Apollo 8
Apollo 10 - Apollo 17
Galileo
LRO

The following information is from the NASA website, and I also thought It was interesting:

Some ancient peoples believed that the moon was a rotating bowl of fire. Others thought it was a mirror that reflected Earth's lands and seas. But philosophers in ancient Greece understood that the moon is a sphere in orbit around Earth. They also knew that moonlight is reflected sunlight.

Some Greek philosophers believed that the moon was a world much like Earth. In about A.D. 100, Plutarch even suggested that people lived on the moon. The Greeks also apparently believed that the dark areas of the moon were seas, while the bright regions were land.

In about A.D. 150, Ptolemy, a Greek astronomer who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, said that the moon was Earth's nearest neighbor in space. He thought that both the moon and the sun orbited Earth. Ptolemy's views survived for more than 1,300 years. But by the early 1500's, the Polish astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus had developed the correct view -- Earth and the other planets revolve about the sun, and the moon orbits Earth

-ChriS

[edit on 1-2-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

54:01. It is the first verse of the section Al-Qamar.
I am not a muslim but this is very compelling.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

Before you claim the Muslims hate the jews, you should try reading the Qu'ran. It does not metion anything about hatred of Christians or Jews. The only thing I have noticed is that the Jews and Christians believe they will enter heaven. ONLY. But the muslims are like, whatever. To me my religion and you to yours.

sorry double post

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Timmyboi23]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Science and Religion are two separate things that should not be used together.

Perhaps I shall use a quote to correct your human approach.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein, "Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium", 1941
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Science is not a belief system. Religion does not need to be proven to be useful. Scientology...okay, its a religion based on science fiction, kind of like people that follow the Star Wars religion and call themselves Jedi.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
as long as religious beliefs are involved with the scientific process, the search for truth (IMO, science) will never fully be accepted by the religious idealists who believe religious text trumps a common sense scientific approach to understand the world around us. The principles of religious idealism, then, become a stumbling block for many people when they themselves use science to study the world around them. They believe that the religious ideal must always be correct, while the science may or may not be provable to begin with. But isn't that blind faith?

Should your own individual scientific principles (based on common sense, facts, and proof) be compromised to appeal to your own religious idealism (which is not ncessarily based on facts and proof. But faith, yes). This alone proves that the two concepts are not compatible. Science and religion will always be at odds. If you are believer in faith over science, then you probably believe that religious idealism trumps science. if you are a believer in common sense and facts over faith, then you probably believe that the validity of the scientific process trumps religious idealism.
The point is that the two are complete enemies (philosophically at least).

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
dear friend
if you dont believe in miracles then you may be misguiding yourself
prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) didn't split moon just for the heck of doing it
but he did so to demarcate himself from ordinary people like me and you and to give disbelievers an option to think about it in deep.

He being the messanger of Allah can do anything with the command of Allah and he really did it long ago.

you would be thinking that a mark on moon should look like as if you have cut an apple with your knife but it isn't like that.
just take a round sweet and break it in two parts physically and keep it somewhere for not 1400 years but 1 or 2 year and analyse it comparing with that giant moon split mark.

then u might get some similarity and if you still dont get that then wait for researchers to do that job for you to clarify ur doubts before u get too old to analyse all this high profile things...........................

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There were probubly visiting aliens in the area, doing some mining.
If you look at a Muslim flag, like Turkey's, there is a light on the surface of the moon.
They turned on some lights when their mining operation was in the shadow.
The lights were bright enough to be visible on earth.
These lights have been seen by different people, and reported in history.
From the text being quoted to tell this story, it does not say the moon was split into equal halves.
It says a portion split off and could be seen off, a certain distance from the rest of the moom.
The prophet may have been watching closely the activity and could have predicted the time of departure, from the surface of the moon, of the Mother Ship.
I must have been very huge, but was positioned in a way that earthlings could not tell its size untill it got out into the open.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ultimatetruth

The moon has never split. There is no scientific evidence what so ever that the moon split! Suggesting that the MANY riles on the moon are emprical evidence to suggest that the moon did split, is as stupid as me suggesting that the grand canyon in the US is emprical evidence that the earth did split.

Anyone who buys such a misleading, misinformed piece of islamic propoganda clearly lacks a decent scientific education. Its not even open for debate, not a SINGLE scientist has said that he moon has split. Only muslim scholars have made the claim that scientists concluded this. This to me is a blatant attempt to lie, decieve and mislead the islamic public. Instead of blindly adhereing to your scholars / schieks, you should consider thinking about things logically yourself, finding yoru evidence and coming to your own conclusions. I am not sure if this is deemed a sin in the quran, but I have seen countless quranic miracles and gladly debunked every one of them. They are nothing but childish psuedo science that makes a mockery of science and scientists such as myself.

I can honestly say that the only humans that would believe these kind of silly miracles with the lack of evidence are 5 year old kids. I can half understand how muslims in poorer countries lack the education to know any better. As for mulisms who are forunate enough to get a good eduction in a western country, for shame if you honestly buy any of this nonesense. It takes blind faith to a whole new level.

For those who are interested in learning about the lunar 'cracks' and what they really are (how they formed), then go here:

www.thunderbolts.info...

and

www.thunderbolts.info...

Its worth noting that that longest rile is ONLY 300 km. it does NOT extend the entire way around the moon, and riles exist in pretty much all rocky planets! Earth has riles as well...

So, it really comes down this, if the quran claims that the moon did split (asunder is the exact word that verse uses); then it is LIEING. It was not a verse that was about judgement day. It was a supposed miracles that allah performed infront of a number of people to proove his devinty, etc. Read the whole passage! So clearly this is a complete fabrication of the truth, which seems to sum up the quran quite nicely. Most muslims that adhere to the quran have either NOT read the entire original quran / hadiths; or they have read a very watered down version.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

there was a indian king that have seen the moon spliting in to part, his observation are preserved in an indian library... (i forget his name). Just after he turned to Islam and decided to go to Meca, he died on his trip and was buried in Yemen.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Believe what you want buddy, but in the Quran, there has not been a single fact mentioned that cannot be scientifically proven, which makes relegion and science very intimately related, as science
is a little something for people to guide them to the existance of God and the truthfulness of his messengers.
What a coincidence it is that the moon split was mentioned 1400 years ago and now a proof to support that surfaces...
What a coincidence it is that the Quran mentions that iron was descended to Earth and now science prooves that no iron minerals could have been possibly formed inside earth but they must have descended to earth by a meteor shower or something like that.
What a coincidence it is that the Quran describes the human embryo at its early stages in the uterus using the Arabic word 'alaqa' which translates to 'leach', 'clot' or 'something that clings' in English, and the three meanings are accurate as the embryo at this stage feeds on the blood of his mother like a leech, looks exactly like a clot when examined by microscope and clings to the uterus wall.
And the list goes on with books and volumes to read on the subject, but still, you might reply with something like 'so what, it could all be coincidence', at which point I can say no more.
P.S. I am a physician (MD) and am doing my MPH (Master of Public Health) dissertation at the moment, and to those who do not know, MPH involves a lot of research.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Allah is not waiting you to believe or not believe because you won't add something to Allah by your believing as Allah is greater than this. Also For your information, Allah send our prohet Mohammad(SAAS), who is a last prophet, as a blessing for the worldwide people, so who believe him and follow him and believe in holly Quran as Allah words, which are sent to the prophet Mohammad by Gibreel angel, they will be allowed to enter the Paradise. Unless they believe, they will be thrown into the hell.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Thats why Islam is the dumbest religion in the world?

If I told them allah says raping children like Mohammad did to ayesha was acceptable, they would all be doing it and also praising it instead of discouraging these acts. Oh wait, they are doing it Lmao

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Phoenix,

The Covenant God took from the Prophets extends also to the people to whom the prophets and messengers were sent, yes, the Prophet Muhammad is the Seal of the Prophets, meaning that the Holy Qur'an is the Final Testament of God to mankind, the messenger coming to confirm all of these Scriptures, from the Torah, Psalms, Gospel and the Holy Qur'an has been announced by the Prophet Muhammad in keeping with the Covenant, and this final messenger to come is known as the awaited Mahdi or the "Guided One", the final messenger,that is, the Messenger of the Covenant.

His coming will confirm once and for all the truthfulness of the Holy Qur'an and the Prophets and unite God's people in the Religion of God, Islam. And then the final Judgment.

As for the Submitters, I believe that they are Muslims, since they believe in Only One God and His Messengers, the difference between them will be settled by God on the Day of Judgment.

As for the original topic, my answer is an unequivocal YES.

The splitting of the moon was the sign given by God to the people of Prophet Muhammad's prophetic authority. As the prophesied prophet like unto Moses,
who by God's authority split the sea in half, so did the last and final prophet Muhammad by God's authority split the moon in half.

NASA footages just confirmed what the people at the time of the prophet Muhammad knew, and what all Muslims know, that indeed the moon was split in half.

054.001 The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain.

It was one of the signs of the Hour. But the disbelievers will not believe even if all proofs are shown to them unless God wills.

006.111 And though We should send down the angels unto them, and the dead should speak unto them, and We should gather against them all things in array, they would not believe unless Allah so willed. Howbeit, most of them are ignorant.

The Holy Qur'an is God's final mercy to mankind and a warning for those who believe in God and fear Him in secret. As for those who disbelieve it's the same for them whether they are warned or not, they will never believe, they are worse than deaf or blind, and on the Day the Last trumpet is blown, the doom will not be lessened for them.

075.001 Nay, I swear by the Day of Resurrection;

075.002 Nay, I swear by the accusing soul that this Scripture is true.

075.003 Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones ?

075.004 Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers!

075.005 But man would fain deny what is before him.

075.006 He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection ?

075.007 But when sight is confounded

075.008 And the moon is eclipsed

075.009 And sun and moon are united,

075.010 On that day man will cry: Whither to flee!

075.011 Alas! No refuge!

075.012 Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day.

075.013 On that day man is told the tale of that which he hath sent before and left behind.

075.014 Oh, but man is a telling witness against himself.

075.026 Nay, but when the life cometh up to the throat

075.027 And men say: Where is the wizard (who can save him now) ?

075.028 And he knoweth that it is the parting;

075.029 And agony is heaped on agony;

075.030 Unto thy Lord that day will be the driving.

075.031 For he neither trusted, nor prayed.

075.032 But he denied and flouted.

075.033 Then went he to his folk with glee.

075.034 Nearer unto thee and nearer,

075.035 Again nearer unto thee and nearer (is the doom).

075.036 Thinketh man that he is to be left aimless ?

075.037 Was he not a drop of fluid which gushed forth ?

075.038 Then he became a clot; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned

075.039 And made of him a pair, the male and female.

075.040 Is not He (Who doeth so) Able to bring the dead to life ?

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join