It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS the Moon Split in HALF?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Really wondering why this thread is posted in the science forum - tons of religous dogma and no proof.

Well the moon pictures is related to science, and lets just say theres a scientific explanation to this whole moon slice thing, then its related to science.
If you believe in god, then surely you believe god works with science, isnt science our way of understanding things.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1

Muslims believe anything, they have got to be the easiest religion to brainwash. They also believe that blowing themselves up grants them access to heaven.

So no I don't believe Muhammed split the moon in half

Pathetic ignorant post.

Where did you learn this, from fox news? Muslims do not belive this. Terrorists do, and only they get into the news.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Muslims believe anything, they have got to be the easiest religion to brainwash. They also believe that blowing themselves up grants them access to heaven.

So no I don't believe Muhammed split the moon in half

Pathetic ignorant post.

Where did you learn this, from fox news? Muslims do not belive this. Terrorists do, and only they get into the news.

But all these "Terrorist" are Muslim

And by the way we don't get fox news in England

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

But all these "Terrorist" are Muslim

And by the way we don't get fox news in England

And all those pedophile priests are catholic christian, all those rapists and murderes are christian, you see what Im saying?

It's not part of the religion to blow yourself up, infact its against the religion to kill yourself, its one of the biggest sins, remember just because a few terrorists who claim to be muslim are crazy as hell, doesn't mean it has anything to do with the rest of normal muslims, you cant generalize.

They are only a TINY part of over 1 BILLION! muslims, remember you only see bad things in the news, a one sided view.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There are many rilles on the Moon and they are in many different locations and go many different directions. Many of the rilles are of a curved shape and only extend a few km. There is NOT a single one that extends around the Moon. If the moon was split apart and then put back together, why would the "welded seam" be all over the place and go in all different directions?

Rilles are caused by the collapse of ancient underground lava tubes. Long ago when the Moon was still hot, river of molten lava flowed underground in lava tubes. Some of these tubes were close enough to the surface that when the "roof" above them collapsed, it formed these ridges on the surface that we see as rilles.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Reply to InSpiteOf

I do have a question for you, if the moon was split in half 1400 years ago and the people with Mo (I dont use the term to be offensive, I just dont know how to spell his name fully) saw it, why was it reported by no one else around the world?

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It is quoted in the book “Muhammad Rasulullah,” by M. Hamidullah:

“There is a very old tradition in Malabar, South-West Coast of India, that Chakrawati Farmas, one of their kings, had observed the splitting of the moon, the celebrated miracle of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) at Mecca, and learning on inquiry that there was a prediction of the coming of a Messenger of God from Arabia, he appointed his son as regent and set out to meet him. He embraced Islam at the hand of the Prophet, and when returning home, at the direction of the Prophet, died at the port of Zafar, Yemen, where the tomb of the “Indian king” was piously visited for many centuries.”
The old manuscript in the 'India Office Library' contains several other details about King Chakrawati Farmas and his travel.

More on this:www.cyberistan.org...

The splitting of the moon was demonstrated before a certain gathering who contradicted the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings, in his cause as an evidence of his Prophethood. It happened momentarily at a time of night. Also, there were obstacles which prevented the others from seeing it, such as mist, clouds and time-differences between different parts of the world. Besides, at that time science and civilization were not yet well advanced and not widespread, and, therefore, the observation of the sky was very limited. Last but not least, there was nothing to necessitate that it should have been seen all over the world. It is because of these reasons that the splitting of the moon was not witnessed in the whole world and related in the history books of other nations.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Rilles are caused by the collapse of ancient underground lava tubes. Long ago when the Moon was still hot, river of molten lava flowed underground in lava tubes. Some of these tubes were close enough to the surface that when the "roof" above them collapsed, it formed these ridges on the surface that we see as rilles.

That's the standard theory. There's this other theory I'm reading that sounds plausible as well. It's got something to do with plasma cosmology. Perhaps squiz and ZeuZZ can enlighten us further on that tangent.

The Moon and Its Rilles

Anywho... here's an interesting snippet from that page questioning the formation of its rilles through the standard method as seen on Earth:

The moon has only about one sixth the gravity of the Earth, and it is gravity that gives flowing liquid its velocity, its erosive force and (most emphatically in the case of heated and melted rock) its ability to cover distance. Yet lunar rilles extend up to 300 kilometers—almost nine times the length of the “record breaker” on Earth.

The walls of Schröeter’s Valley are both steep and deep. But where did all of the lava go? A short-lived channel of water might narrow to a termination point without any overflow or outflow—it could simply be absorbed into the ground or evaporate into space. But flowing lava eating away surface material to cut a deep channel would have to show up somewhere. We should see either breeches in the deep walls or evidence of abundant outflow. But instead, the channel simply dwindles until it disappears. In considering the picture above, it is essential that one realize what planetary scientists themselves acknowledge: The rille did not create the maria in which it sits. It cuts through the pre-existing maria. It is as if the material that once occupied the channel simply disappeared.

Something to think about.

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Beachcoma]

sty

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
summerians used to know about all the planets of the solar system , even about the rings of Saturn and Jupiter . Maya got the most accurate calendar - actually an over-leaping of several calendars combined into one. The Maya callendar used to measure not only the Earth year/day but also Venus etc and the most strange the cycle of a suposed planet orbiting the bright Orion star(where the Gods come from ) .
Yet we do not worship their gods (mostly serpants ) despite the astronomical knolledge. The fact that Islam would know about some crack on the moon does not proofe more than a contact with some more davanced technologies - or the worst case, just a coincidence.
I would not say that is automatically an accident , i take the option that the human race was in contat with some more advanced ET in the past , and this created most of the modern religions (see Cargo Cult where a primitive created Gods from the pilots / airplanes they contacted )

[edit on 31-1-2008 by sty]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by sty]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

sounds more like an exlipse to me...

you know how back in the day.. EVERYTHING was magic...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hear that there's an exaust port at the end of that thing

You know, unless you're an atheist there are some things that could be said here. You know, glass houses, throwin' stones, that type of thing.

The mardyrdom thing isn't that unbelievable once you've accepted the sky-dictatorship, and the sky-dictatorship is a common theme among many religions.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
The splitting of the moon was demonstrated before a certain gathering who contradicted the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings, in his cause as an evidence of his Prophethood. It happened momentarily at a time of night.

Considering there wasnt too much nighttime entertainment way back then, i would imagine a large portion of the world would stargaze. I have a hard time believing that no one else anywhere in the world (save for some indian king) saw the moon split in half.

Besides, at that time science and civilization were not yet well advanced and not widespread, and, therefore, the observation of the sky was very limited.

Limited? You mean, no one else in the world looked up and said "hey, that big circle thingy is in two pieces now! Oh wait, there it goes back into one!"?

Last but not least, there was nothing to necessitate that it should have been seen all over the world.

How so?

I find it very suspicious that only muslims witnessed the moon splitting.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Now those stories are from other books, which arent as reliable as the quran.

These books have a big possibilty of having been changed and are not the words of mohammed, the quran is the true word by word.

Now instead lets concentrate on the real quote from the Quran and analyze.

"The Hour has approached, and the moon split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, ‘This is evident magic.’ (54:1-2) "

Now this quote to me looks like it means something else than what these stories tell, I assumed when it says the hour, it means the last days, judgment day, and it talks of disbelivers looking at it and saying its just magic its not real, this doesnt sound like the stories from the hadith? because those stories say that nobody else see it.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Now those stories are from hadiths, which arent as reliable as the quran.

Hadiths have a big possibilty of having been changed and are not the words of muhammed, the quran is the true word by word.

"The Hour has approached, and the moon split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, ‘This is evident magic.’ (54:1-2) "
Now this quote from the actual quran to me looks like it means something else than what these stories tell, I assumed when it says the hour, it means the last days, judgment day, and it talks of disbelivers looking at it and saying its just magic its not real, this doesnt sound like the stories from the hadith?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Sorry I need a bit of clarification, are you saying that, other stories say no one else saw it, and therefor, it wasnt actually Mo splitting the moon but instead, Mo was using magic to make people believe he was?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think its trying to say that when the last days come before the hour of judgment, the moon will split , this will be a sign to everyone, but the disbelievers will ignore it saying its just magic or something, then it goes on to tell the story of other people who didnt believe in the time of noah and what happened to them.(flood)

Heres the full part, www.youtube.com... for those of you who want to make you own mind up, because in my opinion this quote from the quran has nothing to do with these stories about mohammed pointing a finger at the moon.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Sorry I need a bit of clarification, are you saying that, other stories say no one else saw it, and therefor, it wasnt actually Mo splitting the moon but instead, Mo was using magic to make people believe he was?

Im saying that this actual quote from the Quran "The Hour has approached, and the moon split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, ‘This is evident magic.’ (54:1-2) "

Doesnt seem to relate to these stories about mohammed, its talking about something else, basically, these stories are either false or unrelated to this quote from the quran. Look at the youtube video to get an idea of the full story being told.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Okay... I'm disappointed!
This video shows NOTHING, only some surface texture that looks different - and what is about that guy singing and quoting from the Koran?

I am sorry... this video demonstrates brainwashing - my opinion, because there is absolutely ZERO evidence here.

Be real!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am pretty much certain that if the moon split in two then rejoined it would have been a pretty momentous occassion.
As such every society would have noticed it AND made a record of it.
Someone else, apart from MO's followers would have noticed it.

But what evidence do we have?
Some religious writings and a photo that may, just MAY, lend a little bit of supportive evidence.

Surely it wouldn't be hard to determine if this "fracture" goes at least half way round the moon.

If it does then we investigate it's full extent and possible causes, if it doesn't then problem solved.

If it doesn't, does that then cast doubt on the credibility of The Koran as a whole?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

If it doesn't, does that then cast doubt on the credibility of The Koran as a whole?

Look at my posts there is nothing in the Quran about these stories, whatever its talking about supossidly hasnt happened yet, its supposed to happen just before the end times.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So its your belief that Mo didnt actually split the moon? (at least, according the Quran)

And that it is more of a doomsday prophecy?

Edit to add: You clarified all my questions in the above posts. Thanks for your time.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by InSpiteOf]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join