It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS the Moon Split in HALF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
reply to post by _Phoenix_

So its your belief that Mo didnt actually split the moon? (at least, according the Quran)

And that it is more of a doomsday prophecy?

Edit to add: You clarified all my questions in the above posts. Thanks for your time.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by InSpiteOf]

Yes exactly, from reading the actual quran thats what I can gather, I see NOTHING in the quran about this story of mohammed and pointing his finger at the moon lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I accept your point about The Koran.
So does it discredit the Hadiths?

But according to the OP the photo is evidence that it has ALREADY happened?
Obviously one of you is wrong!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
kangjia57, what do you think about the other interpretation of events that has been posted by Pheonix?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Because we are dealing with religious dogma, i dont think either is necessarily right. Its a matter of interpretation, at least, to me it is.

TO be honest, I dont think it happened, and I dont think it will happen.

My believe on judgement day, is that it will happen at the hands of humans, not God. And it will happen in a blinding flash, followed by intense waves of heat and radiation.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I accept your point about The Koran.
So does it discredit the Hadiths?

But according to the OP the photo is evidence that it has ALREADY happened?
Obviously one of you is wrong!

Some muslims believe in both the quran and hadiths.

Some muslims only believe in the quran, because its the true words of mohammed, these hadiths were writen after the death of mohammed, meaning anything could have been writen without mohameds knowledge.

From my experience, everything Ive heard that sounds crazy comes from these hadiths, and when I search in the quran for these things they are not even there. lol.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Reply to _Phoenix_

I think its trying to say that when the last days come before the hour of judgment, the moon will split , this will be a sign to everyone, but the disbelievers will ignore it saying its just magic or something, then it goes on to tell the story of other people who didnt believe in the time of noah and what happened to them.(flood)

That’s not what it really means. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) split the Moon to show the miracle to the disbelievers. But some still rejected it because they said it was magic. One of the disbelievers witnessed the moon splitting who was really against the Prophet (peace be upon him) and he still denied it by saying it was pure magic. His name was Abu Jahl.

And more than 95% of the Muslims believe in the hadiths.And every Muslim believes in the account i have told you before about the Moon splitting.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So why does it CLEARLY show in translations that it is the hour of judgment lol, its pretty obvious.

54:1 The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon is cleft asunder.

54:2 But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) transient magic."

[Qamar 54:1] The Last Day came near, and the moon split apart.

[Qamar 54:2] And when they see a sign, they turn away and say, “Just a customary magic

Look at this, its quite interesting, split translates to different things in arabic like dig etc

This link even suggests the possibilty that the verse actually means the moon landing and digging of the ground.
www.submission.org...
Kind of makes sense when you think lol, people dont believe in the moon landing, they say its magic or a trick. weird.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I understand exactly what you are saying.

My point is that it can't be both a prophesy on what will occur during some future apocalypse or whatever AND evidence of it occuring 1400 years ago.

Only one interpretation can be true.

kangjia himself has stated in other threads that he doesn't believe in The Hadiths and that only The Koran can, and should, be believed by Muslims.

Thus this casts doubt on both kangjia, (much as I enjoy "discussing" things with him) and The Hadiths as a whole.

My personal opinion: neither will occur as I doubt the validity of all organised religions.
There will be a simple scientific explanation for the moon feature shown in the photo.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yeah whatever you beliefs its still fun to try to figure this out, and just talk about it, I mean why not.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

So, in other words, its all in the interpretation of the dogma. You see it one way, s/he sees it another.

What do you have to say to this post here

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You and I, once again, agree on this matter.

I see this as grasping at straws, but at least its raised some interesting talk about one of the largest religions.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.submission.org...

Just read some more of this, its quite interesting, you get the idea why I dont trust the hadiths as much as the quran. Read if your interested.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I dont believe in any religious text. Anything that claims to be the word of God, and is written by man, is suspect in my mind.

I have a very hard time believing that any writter would not put in their own spin on things. Again, its all in the interpretation.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I dont believe in any religious text. Anything that claims to be the word of God, and is written by man, is suspect in my mind.

I have a very hard time believing that any writter would not put in their own spin on things. Again, its all in the interpretation.

The quran has been fully memorised word by word by many people in the past from all over the world, thats how we know the words have never changed. Because when they meet, it matches. And if anyone tries to change the text, it would be impossible because thousands have memorised it word by word, and know if anything will be changed.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Maybe so, but Mo wrote it all down first. He could have easily interpreted the word of god into something different. That is, if you believe he even talked to an angel./..

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Reply to _Phoenix_

The majority of the Muslims are Sunnis. The link you have given are called the submitters. They got their own version of Islam. They also believe their prophet was called rashad khalifa who got Assassinated later.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don’t think the main Islamic body accepts them as Muslims.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Maybe so, but Mo wrote it all down first. He could have easily interpreted the word of god into something different. That is, if you believe he even talked to an angel./..

Yes ofcourse he could have, but at least he never clamied he could do mircales,
Im just saying for others that belive in hadiths, it says in the quran how the people asked him to do miracles, but he said only god can do miracles, I am human, just a messenger. Doesnt this proove that the hadith of mohammed pinting his finger and spliting the moon in half is fake, I mean the quran says he doesnt have super powers lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
This link even suggests the possibilty that the verse actually means the moon landing and digging of the ground.
www.submission.org...
Kind of makes sense when you think lol, people dont believe in the moon landing, they say its magic or a trick. weird.

Fascinating!! Thanks for the link.

At least I learnt something here.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That is a very interesting question. One I would have never picked up on, mainly because I am no inundated into Islam.

I am glad to see a very open discussion on something which you believe in (assumption on my part.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join