It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true miracle of Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Where is your proof the UN was helping Hezbollah?

I can imagine UN troops supporting let's say US backed terror groups, but nothing from the Palestinian side. They're too rebellious. Al Qaeda takes orders and works well within the community...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You just have to learn the Star Trek lessons of life. War restrained will never end.

You just have to stand back and let them at it. Until one side says uncle or gets destroyed.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

That sounds more like chaos and worldwide self-destruction than civilization.

The only person you can change is yourself, but you can influence others' decision making.

Do we want to treat some countries as special and without reprimanding or are we going to treat each country as an equal?

We have allies, but how the hell do we support some people and not others? We're all one family yet we kill our own blood. What kind of sense does that make?

"War is inevitable." Bull#. You're lying to yourselves if you think that.

Its not in human nature to be violent. Its human nature to survive and adapt. That doesn't mean killing each other damnit.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Ah, yes - the humanitarian approach. (sarcasm)

This is the 21st century - letting two countries kill each others' citizens is not the way to go.
This isn't a fight in the playground you know, REAL lives are at risk, innocent lives on both sides - not those you see on the TV on star trek.

GEEZ

< shakes head

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

What business is it of the US what people from the middle east do, who are they to be keeping 'an eye' on things there. The US way of keeping an eye on things is to blow them up and annihilate, just like Israel. Israel is the perfect example of the abused becoming the abuser.

And using the holocaust as a reference point of pain etc makes me puke at this stage. I've seen enough documentaries and movies about it, not a week goes by when we don't get more holocaust infodrama. Get over it and stop brutalising the Palestinians.
Time for Jews to drop the conceit. And the only reason they prospered was because they were propped up by the US, the Palestinians don't have that luxury they're being exterminated slowly by the Nazis of the new century.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There are some good debate here.

Why should we be bothered where Isreal came from? All boundaries are artificial - usually created through war or nature. These were decisions made over 50 years ago and yes Isrealis do deserve to live in peace like anyone.

I've seen in Europe over last 20 years how borders have become less important and actually the chance of wars between countries e.g. UK and germany - virtually non existent.

You see once you remove borders, you remove discrimination, with one exception - RELIGION -any religion that discriminates itself to be better than everyone else is looking for trouble. Aren't the Jews (or other religions) really saying "My gang is the best gang because our god says so" - pretext for a good fight if ever I saw one

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To me, the "miracle of Israel" is the amount of American Tax Dollars that go to prop up a 'feel good' country of what, 7 million people?
Something like $14,000 for every Israeli Citizen.

The miracle is how a majority of the American Public stays blind to the atrocities committed against Palestinians by the Israelis.
It must not have anything to do with the Jewish controlled entertainment industry forcing the bigoted stereotypes of of Jihadi Terrorist Camel Jockeys trying to blow everything up into young American Psyches.

Or what a miracle it is that the UN doesn't have to oversee the Israeli Nuclear Weapons program like they do for ever other country in the region.
If Israel was not our 'friend', the United States would have no other option but to preemptively attack to find Israeli WMDs, right? The UN must know that Israeli Weapons Scientists work at a higher ethical level, right? Why else would they get a free pass?

What happened to the Jewish People has been terrible, but the actions to create, and keep Israel propped up are just as terrible, if not worse. You would think that a people who had suffered so much hardship for so long might have much more grace.

DocMoreau

Excellent Link:U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Want to know who and what God is according to our government and Israeli ally?

Watch this video: video.google.com...

Then visit this website: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

[edit on 31-1-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

israeli bomb kills un observers in south lebanon------those "un"observers were radioing the movements of israeli infantry to hezbolla snipers-----which changed their status from observers to enemy combatants.

Great, reach for the impossible-to-confirm narrative straight up. I'd suggest this one though is meaningless in the context of the smirking expression of “deep regret”.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

The true miracle of Israel

english.aljazeera.com

Israelis and their supporters tend to depict Israel as a country of miracles. What else could explain the country's astonishing "birth" and subsequent survival against all sorts of "existential threats"? How else would Israel develop at such a phenomenal pace, making the "desert bloom" and continually scoring a high ranking amongst developed nations in most noteworthy aspects?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ifamericansknew.org

[edit on 30/1/2008 by Mirthful Me]

The answer is Americas support and American tax payers money and American weapons. If it wasn't for Americas support there probably wound'nt be an Israel.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Why do you ignore the amount of money sent to hezbollah and hamas by Iran and Syria?
Why do those same people openly oppose any peace with Israel?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by willywagga

Yeah ok, why don't the palis. quite with the terror acts and sit down and actually try to come to a peaceful agreement?
Fatah is trying to, and what happens? hamas attacks them, their OWN people. Hmmmmm......are you beginning to see the truth yet? That these people are the reason for the violence in the region, them and people of their ilk.

Gotta love those muslims in Iraq, using women with downs as walking bombs to kill other muslims in a market place. Tells you quite a bit about those folks.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
reply to post by willywagga

Yeah ok, why don't the palis. quite with the terror acts and sit down and actually try to come to a peaceful agreement?
Fatah is trying to, and what happens? hamas attacks them, their OWN people. Hmmmmm......are you beginning to see the truth yet? That these people are the reason for the violence in the region, them and people of their ilk.

Gotta love those muslims in Iraq, using women with downs as walking bombs to kill other muslims in a market place. Tells you quite a bit about those folks.

Now I seen on the news that some people seen the woman before she blew herself up and said she looked normal. And I'm sure after a persons head gets blown off their body with explosives they probably would look different.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

So true!!!! Not to mention that there are more brothels, which they have enslaved kidnapped women from all parts of the world including the U.S. , than any other place in the world!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Both Israel and Palestine are here to stay; so it's best if they could find some way to cooperate. Whatever you or I might think about the founding of Israel; in 1948-49, it's done and there's no turning back.

While there is much valid criticism about Israel's military actions, territorial claims, and the like, there is also so much envy-based hatred of Israel itself for being a success. Some other countries such as Turkey, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan have to put up with these attitudes as well, but to a lesser extent. "Progressive" leftoids find it so cool to attack Israel, and have done so for fifty years.

If the Diaspora Jews had settled in Antarctica and somehow made it bloom, not just anti-semites but success-haters would have found fault, and aboriginal claimants would have come out of the woodwork!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by peace82670
reply to

Isnt the miracle machine set on Iraq? How bout Afghanistan? And maybe Pakistan in the near future.

Good point, however those countries don't really have anything that the "Miracle Machine" desires. It's very expensive to call upon the "Miracle Machine" and for most the price is just too high. I'm sure if they hold out long enough they can catch a "half off" miracle sale but those are rare these days...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

I think you are right.People think the western way is the best way but in the end it has proven not to be. Western society has too many problems IMO, but most of us have been force fed all their stupid values about money, big tits and such. I am just waiting for the day when it will all end. As for Israel they will get theirs one day, guess even their God is ashamed of them. But if he is not, then he is one bad God.Killing children is evil anywhere, anytime. No matter how hard you try you can never justify that.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
reply to post by ThePiemaker

To create an Oasis of peace for a deserving people.
As well as an extension of the US for keeping an eye on things in that region.

Sounds more ike keeping an eye on oil. Why should they deserve peace, are they the only ones who do?I wonder what you think about their massacre of innocent people, or how you would feel if you were Palestinian. How can people deserve peace when they surely are not peaceful with their neighbours. To me they are neither peaceful, nor do they deserve peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
Both Israel and Palestine are here to stay; so it's best if they could find some way to cooperate. Whatever you or I might think about the founding of Israel; in 1948-49, it's done and there's no turning back.

While there is much valid criticism about Israel's military actions, territorial claims, and the like, there is also so much envy-based hatred of Israel itself for being a success. Some other countries such as Turkey, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan have to put up with these attitudes as well, but to a lesser extent. "Progressive" leftoids find it so cool to attack Israel, and have done so for fifty years.

If the Diaspora Jews had settled in Antarctica and somehow made it bloom, not just anti-semites but success-haters would have found fault, and aboriginal claimants would have come out of the woodwork!

Right on ! and first things first, Israel should give back the lands they've taken from the
palestinians and when Palestine receive their country back they should formally recognise Israel and Israelis right to exist in their country. But first Israel should give back what they stole. It's weird how Israels behaviour is so like the behaviour of the US

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Israel is the largest beneficiary of U.S. aid. The funds to Hezbollah/Hamas are drops in a bucket in comparison.

Also, I personally think Hezbollah and Hamas both have just cause for their existence.
Their actions maybe too violent and brash to many who yearn for peace, but their Guerilla War is just as 'valid' as any modern civil war (past wars too), if not more so. Unfortunately, the naive decision making on their part in the past has caused unneeded death and destruction.

If the Israelis could stop persecuting Palestians, and 'imprisoning' them in gross violations to human rights, then maybe Hezbollah/Hamas would have no need to exist.

But I wasn't talking about Hezbollah or Hamas. I was speaking on the 'miracle' that we call Israel. What a miracle it is that because of all the 'suffering' they have been through as a people, that they get a 'free pass' when it comes to their violations against humanity.

I would love to debate the funding that the United States gives away with you, but perhaps in another thread. I will say this, if we didn't give aid to Israel, then we never would have had to give aid to Egypt, or Syria, or Jordan, and so on. It was only because of the 'slight' of giving aid to Jews and not Arabs, that we are giving as much 'aid' as we are now today.

No aid to Israel, no aid to anyone.
Unless the aid is in the form of actual 'aid' and not piles of money to go buy guns and bombs with. Because I think at least 7 million poor United States citizens could use 14,000 dollars or more to help them, don't you?

DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join