It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true miracle of Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Isn't it ironic that the last people to make these sort of claims were the people who tried to exterminate the jews.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

In this thread alone you posted this:

Its time we stop letting the Israeli regime off because a majority of its citizens are Jewish.

and this:

Where is your proof of Jewish 'intelligence?'

It seems to be all about the Jews for you. I say that makes it hard to claim there is no anti-semitism in this thread or your posts.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Is it that you hate the whole "chosen people" angle found in the Bible? .....
why not invent your own deity and make yourself the chosen peeps?

Truly, one of the most astute and keen observations I've seen on ATS this year. Yes, the irony (that you pointed out so well) doesn't escape me either. On one hand the Bible is hog-wash mythology, yet we hate the Jews for thinking that they are God's (from the Bible/Torah) chosen race. Which is it? If you can't feel superior in your own religion, then what's the use of having it?

And furthermore. The Jews are actually only great in comparison to the slum nations they're surrounded by. I think democracy has quite a bit to do with this scenario.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It seems you need some clarification.

The Israeli regime is not able to do whatever it wants because of the religion of its citizens.

The US is considered a "Christian" nation, yet I do not see any sort of Christian behavior when we invade foreign countries. WWJD?

The actions of a government does not equate to the ills of its people.

Governments are corrupt, simple as that, no matter what religion the people are.

Comprendes?

You seem to be misunderstanding my whole point of view, but I cannot blame you.

The Jewish intelligence comment was in relation to the violence portrayed in the Old Testament. Apparently you missed that part.

Its really pretty easy to throw mud at someone trying to discredit their opinion.

I’m done playing games centurion. Thanks for the fun though.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
The US is considered a "Christian" nation, yet I do not see any sort of Christian behavior when we invade foreign countries.

That's because of the "Separation of church and state". I don't think politicians from any country are the best example of any religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Funny you mentioned that when Bush rode the whole 'fundamentalist' Christian wave into office and Romney seems to be doing the same thing.

Religion is a huge issue when the elections come up, but not when dealing with matters of state?

How convenient...

There is not much separation between the church and the state in this country, if at all.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

The supposed separation of church and state is not something that bush appears to have heard of:

God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

source

Kind of gives the lie to the statement

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
George Bush is supporting Isreal because if you read the bible, it says Isreal is gods favorite country. Who wouldn't want to help out gods favorite buddy? Well not the muslims. George w., gives help to the muslims too. I dont know why he does if he loves isreal so much. I think he was trying to bring on the second coming of christ, by having the palestineans sign a 7 year peace treaty with isreal. George W. is really trying to get his name in the history books!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Geez, the people of that particular opinion are interesting. Miracle? Like on 42nd Street. You'd think they ran everything miracle-related globally networked the way some carry on.

Ice cubes to Inuit. I'll take two, they're small and on the endangered list anyway in my 'hood. I hope for nothing but the best y'know. I see the Israeli/that religion play. Use one as a shield and one as a sword. Very skillful for simple miracle workers. Well done. How to write some real history!

Now back to my David Frum interview. He's my favorite dual-cit son of Scarberia. He's famous and so smart just like Irshad. He has a new book of truth just in time for US elections.

I hope O'Bama wins. No miracles required.

Vic

[edit on 30-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

Where is your proof of Jewish 'intelligence?'

I never said that Jews are more intelligent than anyone else. I did say they have a culture that promotes intelligence. Even the poorest, most blue-collar, Jews revered learning and respected smart people instead of pouring their bile onto them. They bought books instead of alcohol. The Hebrew and Yiddish languages have no words for "nerd", "geek", or "acting white."

The Old Testament is rife with violence and hatred against the neighboring peoples.

I do not see a loving God in this picture you're painting, nor do I see an 'advanced' culture.

Yet the followers of the violent Old Testament have proven to be far more peaceful and constructive than the followers of the "loving" New Testament.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
the Middle East has only Israel, target of islamocommunist envy and hatred.

Ahhhh... so its IslamoCOMMUNISM now eh? New buzzphrase from the Republican Book of Propaganda Spiels?

We have two phrases that make stupid pea-brained republicans get vexed or twitchy, so lets add them together and go for double impact.

Wasn't that a Jean-Claude Van Damme film, incidently?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

If we're going to bring Christianity into it, we might as well group all other religions in there as well.

Pretty much every organized religion has caused some sort of human tragedy. I wouldn't mind doing away with it, but then again, I think a restriction on religion would be a pretty bad idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Oh great. Yet another anti-semitic thread. I'm going to ask the mods to create a separate category for these types of threads so the people that love to bash Israel

Oh great yet another supporter of Isreal who draws the old "anti semitism" gun whenever ANY criticism is leveled at the country? Its much easier to do that actually look at the policies and practice of the country eh?

Isreal and her supporters likes to play the victem ALL the time but its policies and practice seem to paint another picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hearing of Americans' hatred toward Israel is "laughable".

Reading about some Palestinan "genocide" is "laughable".

Remember Arafat, born in Egypt, was the megalomaniac nephew of the Mufti of Jerusalem, which was in the region the best support of Adolf Hitler.

Without Arafat's hatred and hunger for political fame, "palestinians" (roman empire designation) would happily leave 50 km from Gaza, whether in Egypt or Jordan (which was created as a "palestinian" state a half-century ago) .

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The first two posts in this thread kinda set the stage, don't ya think.

Btw, I'm not a big fan of either political side.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Oh great. Yet another anti-semitic thread. I'm going to ask the mods to create a separate category for these types of threads so the people that love to bash Israel

Oh great yet another supporter of Isreal who draws the old "anti semitism" gun whenever ANY criticism is leveled at the country? Its much easier to do that actually look at the policies and practice of the country eh?

Hey FredT.

With all due respect, did you read all the previous posts in this thread? The ones where the posters want to talk about the Jews the people and religion and not Israel the country?

That's why I (rightfully) gave it the anti-semitism label.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hey FredT.

With all due respect, did you read all the previous posts in this thread? The ones where the posters want to talk about the Jews the people and religion and not Israel the country?

That's why I (rightfully) gave it the anti-semitism label.

It isnt the posters who brought religion into this thread. The original post relates, among others, to the myth of "country of god promised to the chosen people", a line of propaganda you will often find with israel proponents.

Also, historically, it is the jews who brought religion into the conflict claiming the land was theirs by biblical right.

So, in conclusion, why are you being antisemitic if you challenge Israel and it's settlement policy on it very own religious grounds ?

[edit on 30-1-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Actually you and I are in the same boat on this one. Both sides have serious ethical and moral issues.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

That argument won't wash, FredT; blaming the entire population of a country for the actions of their government is not logical or fair. I know an awful lot of American's (yourself included, if I remember right) who have bemoaned the poor reputation our own country has acquired in the last several years because of the inane actions and war-mongering of George W Bush. Also, the idea that a country the size of Rhode Island, populated by fewer people than live in any small american city, could inspire such venom and invective, really strains credulity.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

The United States of America gives the Israeli government (not the Jews..... the Israeli Government.....) 1.8 billion in arms, military contracts, military budget, and debt reduction.

1.8 billion dollars.

Israel brings in the vast majority of its money through its own industries it developed....

By comparison.

Saudi Arabia brings in 366.2 Billion Dollars.

366.2 billion ..... with a bold B.

Israels ENTIRE GDP IS 170.3 BILLION.

A Mere 1.8 billion from US aid.

Saudi Arabia gets more then that in a day....

But not all countries are like this.. United Arab Emerites for example is the Las Vegas of the Mid East.. very modern, as is Kuwait.. Jordan also to an extent is modern, and thrives on TOURISM..

This is not a Jewish conspiracy that the Jew hate mongers think it is.. its a story that when people put their minds to it, great things happen. UAE, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt even.. they don't have oil (aside from Kuwait but they also have a thriving industrial sector) and turned their deserts into powerhouses of wealth (except Egypt who's over population brought them back down...) .. Even Lebanon was modern in the sense of Islamic Middle East, though radicals brought on a wrath that unjustly brought it down..

Essentially. Hate Israel all you want.

You only weaken those who are already weakened by pathetic mind set mentalities.

Those who openly hate Israel should know they are viewed no better then those who blatantly hate Muslims. Not so righteous.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by Rockpuck]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join