It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

How do you know they were old? LOL, no seriously.

I was raised Catholic --another DUN DUN DUUUUNN! Ironically, it was something that was taught to me by the church that actually made me stray, but that's another topic. It's my personal belief that the bible, be it absolute truth, or not, is a very valuable and wonderful collection of stories. Yes, some of them are mistranslated, and passed down through the ages, and we have no way of knowing for sure who actually wrote them, and whether they were inspired divinely. But what happens to stories that are passed down? They become filled with all of the wonderful archetypes that are present throughout the entire world. We humans have put together several great collections to live by. The bible's my favorite.

I don't base all of my beliefs on literal translations of the bible, but I do take the examples and teachings from it and use the brain God gave me to derive value from them. I mean, if somebody went through all the trouble to write something down back then, by golly they thought it was really important. Especially if they wrapped it up and made sure it would survive forever until somebody dug it up in a cave somewhere. And things of such a spiritual nature...

I think it's truly amazing. I don't know about all that bible code stuff, and interpreting things literally especially doesn't seem like the original intention of the bible. Especially the Old Testament. I mean, I just think people have got it all wrong sometimes. Just the few first parts of the Old Testament are mistranslated. The word for God doesn't translate into english very well. Yahwey Elohim are words that both carry both a masculine and feminine gender characterization. (You'll like this, miss wiccan) Yet, because in english the word for God is usually seen as masculine, people have seem to forgotten a very important characteristic of how God was seen by people at that time. Sometimes just these little things can renew a person's interest in the Bible. But just don't forget, even everything YOU know about wicca was something you read in a book or was told by somebody else as well. Hopefully you feel that your reasons for being wiccan were for the right ones, and you follow the lighter side of the philosophies and not the darker (and pretty much falsified and sensationalized) side.

Either way, take it for what it is to you. That's what I have to say. If it's a book written by a bunch of old, smelly men, well, I say you should read it. Old smelly men have some good things to say sometimes.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

revelation 13:8 in the hastings bible dictionary it says:the view is to be preferred that the latter number (666) is a veiled designation of neron kaizar=caesar the ruler of the roman empire.

i would view this to mean that for this prophecy of revelation 13 to be fulfilled that there would need to be again a continuation of the roman empire with a new caesar who is assisted by (verse 11)a second beast "lamb"=a false messiah that can perform miracles to deceive us into worship of the caesar's religion------or if you cant be deceived then to coerce us by threat of death or preventing us from buying/selling so we can get to eat something.

going by verse 7 it appears that this revived roman empire will restart the inquisition/holocaust against G-D's people=the saints.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
19:29 And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,
19:30 Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.
19:31 And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him.
19:32 And they that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.
19:33 And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt?
19:34 And they said, The Lord hath need of him.
19:35 And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.
19:36 And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way.

So, basically, he was like, hey go get me a horse. If anybody asks, just tell 'em it was for God. Then they made a saddle for him out of his clothes, and for some reason, threw the rest of their clothes on the path in front of the horse as he took off.

Jesus was bad ass.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
May I comment on the "mark" being a "chip"?

I've always thought that the mark is a number, in your hand or in your forehead. And I've always thought biometrics rather than chips.

The mark in your hand is the biometric representation of your fingerprint, used for point of sale. Similarly the mark in your forehead is the biometric representation of your retinal scan, similar point of sale or security uses. In a simple description your placing your hand or forehead on a reader to have its number read, and then you can participate in "the system".

Wonder whose fingerprint and retinal scans encode to "66666666"... ?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by missa_wiccan_chick

I use to be Baptist, and alot of the stories in the bible, go against the bible.
What's up with that?

Exactly what stories in the bible are you referring to that are contradicting what is in the bible?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've always seen all of these identification techniques as all being pretty much the same thing. The basic idea is to use a marking of some kind to keep track of you and your bank account.

I don't remember where I saw this, but there was something I found, with no basis mind you, on the possibility of chips being implanted into your forehead. Not an RFID chip, but a chip that alters your mood levels and enhances your brain function and allows you to possibly interface with computers and things. The reason this caught my eye was because I know our technology is almost there. Heck, by the mid-2020's the home computer will have the theoretical processing power of the human brain.

Thoughts or links on this one, anyone?

btw, i'm going to bed, so you won't see a post or reply from me for awhile.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

When the discussion of Revelations comes up and the mark of the beast, I am always drawn to Revelation 20:4:

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that wereBEHEADEDfor the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I have always thought the method: BEHEADING some how could signify some clue to the type of people who were the executioners. Which seem to hint at Islam. Then again, I can't be ignorant of the fact, that under the Roman government, Paul was Beheaded also.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Okay, one more.
Or maybe it just represents, in the words of those who wrote it, what would happen to us today. If I fought against the new system, and they thought I was some kind of insurgent or something, then I would be sent overseas and tortured, until I basically went insane. When I returned to the states, a third-class citizen, I wouldn't be able to get a job or do anything pretty much.

That sounds a lot like beheading my soul. The lights would be on, but nobody would be home...

Or it's just what they did to people back then. They don't really do it now, but who knows? We haven't yet seen the full developments yet. I just mostly think that it represents what would happen if you had an evil government in power, and it wanted to eliminate those who opposed. They did it that way back then, and perhaps it was the only way for his revelation to be revealed to him in a way that he could understand. Now, it's a different story.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by 1984kirby]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 1984kirby

With all the scriptures in Revelation that are paralleled with the saints and martyrdom and the shedding of their blood, I think it is safe to conclude that the connection of beheading to the other scriptural references regarding actual blood seem to lead to the conclusion that the beheading is of a real nature.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
On the idea of Muslims as the executioners; it seems you may be reaching to make a point there. I would like to remind you that this is a global problem, and there are a lot of people out there who are not christian, and are not muslim. Also, I don't forsee any situation where the muslim world--the radical fundamentalist muslim world that is--gaining such a position where they could just go around beheading people. I don't think that would go over very well or for very long.

I have seen that a lot of people have been trying to make the idea of the antichrist and evil and things of that sort associated with Islam itself. That one doesn't fly with me. that just creates an even bigger problem. I believe the war between good and evil will be fought on all fronts, in all religions, in all countries, and in the hearts of every human being. There will be good people, and there will be bad, no matter where you look. All of our religions tend to have characteristics to them that can be either misinterpreted or used to sway us to feel hatred or suspicion for our fellow children of God. As far as using REV as a predictive tool to forsee the specifics of the future, I think you'll find a lot of dead ends. It does, however, point out some key essential ideas behind human nature itself, our relationship with God, and how those things may come into play in an endgame situation. These things pretty much have to happen. As far as the specifics, I'm pretty sure that's all up for speculation.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

good one.

The mark of the beast is foreshadowing of a paper currency. A transmutation of values from gold standard to dollar standard.

The Temple Tax
24After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, "Doesn't your teacher pay the temple tax?"
25"Yes, he does," he replied.
When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. "What do you think, Simon?" he asked. "From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own sons or from others?"

26"From others," Peter answered.

"Then the sons are exempt," Jesus said to him. 27"But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."

REVELATION 13 and the above are essentially saying the same damn thing.

RENDER UNTO CAESAR!!!

www.golden-lamp.com

[edit on 27-1-2008 by eidison]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ok, NOW I'm going to bed. That's okay, though, 'cuz this is about to be a moot point on my part.

We're about to go into the whole bible references and parallels thing, and how they're interpreted, and how you believe everything in the bible and I don't. Unfortunately I'm gonna puss out on this one and get some sleep.

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. We should start a thread for that. Boy, that would be a long thread, though.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

to my understanding hitler was the precursor leading up to this last caesar to come.before hitler it was napoleon born of a german family yet became the ruler of france---a country that used the guillotine as a method of dispatching their "undesirables".no doubt some "genius" will drag them out of storage for reuse again?unless they just use an axe and chopping block?

i assume a public spectacle is going to be made for the population to see and get an idea of what not going along with the nwo will get you unless its more of a roman coliseum show time/entertainment for the masses?apparently many people will find the murder of the 2 witnesses entertaining as they rejoice and give each other presents revelation 11:10

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

What's more grevious-Praying on the wrong day or simply standing by and watching millions upon millions of people suffer and die around the world? It's perspective time !!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1984kirby

One thing I do know: I don't know everything and I sure don't have all the answers. Human I am and, very capable of error. As for confrontations and leading you into a corner and making you feel you are off key, and I have the established, unadulterated truth, no. As for the book of Revelation and all the varied interpretations that come out of it, sometimes I wonder if we haven't put God in a box of our reasoning and in the end, will find that none of it came about as we assumed or speculated it to be.

As for you, have a good night's rest!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
sorry i had to come out of lurk mode to comment on this....

also....to any mods this is my first post! whats up...

this is a giant crock of BULL#!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Hello Regina,

I do so agree with most of your post regarding events to come,but i must
take issue with your comment in regards to the fact that it not be a sin to receive the mark,

If it be literal in receiving an physical object then does receiving it willingly imply that you agree to the terms and conditions under which it is issued?

Rev 14 says-

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God.

I comprehend this to mean that if you receive it you are swearing allegiance to the Beast and those systems by default,

To reject it is to place your trust in our Father that he already knows the things that we have need of and will provide them.

Regards

BV

I understand what you're saying. However, Father is not an unreasonable God and understands that we must do certain things in order to survive.

As you quoted from scriptures above, Rev 14 says- And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God.

It's not if you have the mark - it's to have the mark AND worship the beast and the image. All will have the mark, just as we all use the money the Beast prints; but you do not deny Christ because you must accept Beast printed money to survive. The key is to keep your senses and your priorities straight.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the mark of the beast isnt that when you take the comming chip and the enforced id in the usa on may 11 th??

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

An old preacher where I went to church once said that a friend of his worked at a UPS warehouse(or something like that)
and they had a big government package that noone ever came and picked up(They called them, I guess)
and when they opened it, it was a high-tech guillotine.
This is something I found (not connected to the little church I used to go to)
Guillotines in America?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've heard about the PALE horse in Revelation, being the muslim connection, since pale means green in the greek.
But, we KNOW the main players are the scarlet and purple-clad woman and the red beast.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join